PDA

View Full Version : First Time out...

Alex-is
04-02-2008, 09:27 PM
So, Ive noticed that people tend to write their "First Time out" stories here, im guessing as a sort of rite of passage. I had mine this weekend, and I thought Id share

This saturday, one of the dorms at my school had a thrift store formal in one of the buildings, The idea being that you go to a thrift store and buy outrageous clothes. I was invited by one of my close friends, so i went out shopping. After about four thrift stores, i found a beautiful blue gown, and I figured why not.

My date thought it was amusing, and we went. As we walked in, another good friend of mine saw me, and was speechless. Everyone stopped and stared, and cracked up. It was kinda embarrassing for a few, but the rest of the evening all I got was compliments, both on the dress, how well it fit my figure, and just that I looked pretty in general. My girlfriend (who attends a school three hours away) saw the pics and even said I made a very pretty girl (and that it kinda scared her). The guys complimented me, telling me that I had balls for doing what i did, tho i figure the gutsy-ness of it is kinda diminished since Ive wanted to do this for years.

Anyways, It was a real fun time, Im glad I went.

Ive kinda been tossing ideas around in my head, for when I could go out again (and where), i hope its soon. Unfortunately I dont think i could do it at school for the foreseeable suture tho.

Angie G
04-03-2008, 12:47 AM
That's so cool. and I'm glad you enjoyed it Alex . :hugs:
Angie

docrobbysherry
04-03-2008, 12:59 AM
Alex-is, your great story makes me want to see what u looked like. Did u take any pics? Maybe u can post in the pic section?

shannonsilk
04-03-2008, 09:52 AM
I'm happy to hear about your adventure. You sound like you had a great time. It's cool that most people were so supportive. You already sound like you are planning your next outing. I'm sure ti will be a blast.

joann07
04-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Good to hear you had a great time.
It's nice to know that just about everyone seemed to be open to your dressing.
Congrats!

Hugs!