PDA

View Full Version : Bought some new makeup today

Bobbie Jo
04-03-2008, 01:38 AM
Well, I've been needing some new makeup for some time now. I always look at the makeup section at wal-mart when im there and it's never crowded and that's usually in the middle of the day. I made the choice to go early and there probably won't be anybody there at that time. I wanted to make it fast in there so I got on the computer and Cover Girl seemed like a good choice, since I do use most of their prouducts most of the time. It was pretty easy with all there colors numbered. Shoot, when I got there at 8:00am it was great I had the whole section to myself, then I was feeling so good that if there was a woman come to buy anything it wouldn't have mattered anyway. Heck, I got so comfortable in there I bought some foundation, powder some mascara, then to the colors, 3 lipsticks and matching nail polish, Girls I was having a great time. No problem from the girl at the check out either because I shopped after that and had a bunch of stuff. I just wanted to let ya'll know what a great feeling it was...BYE:battingeyelashes:

Angie G
04-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Well Bobbie Jo way to go girl and glad you enjoyed yourself. some simple thing are the best part of life. :hugs:
Angie

JoAnnDallas
04-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Now you know that you can shop and buy most any fem item while in drab and no one cares. It is a great feeling to have that freedom to shop.

ShannonGermany
04-03-2008, 12:58 PM
I'm glad you had fun shopping for Make-up, i always have a great time doing that for my self :) The only not so funny thing is when checking out and noticing that i spent way more money than planed :brolleyes: But then i always keep the credit card add in mind:
Buying make-up 30$, turning an ugly man into a beautyful woman? Price less :heehee:

Jamie L. Squires
04-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Bobbi Jo,

Good for you!!! I have found that the checkout people really don’t seem to care what your buying. I have shopped at Wal-Mart and the local drug store with equal success. As a mater of fact when I was checking out at the Local CVS, the girl must have had a hint that the lipstick and liner were for me, because she suggested that I try a different color liner for the lipstick I had and my natural lip color . I thanked her for the advice and paid my bill. When I did put them on together, she was right. So I went back, bought the one she suggested and when I checked out I told her she was right and thanked her.

It only gets better
Jamie

Vanessac48
04-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Well, I've been needing some new makeup for some time now. I always look at the makeup section at wal-mart when im there and it's never crowded and that's usually in the middle of the day. I made the choice to go early and there probably won't be anybody there at that time. I wanted to make it fast in there so I got on the computer and Cover Girl seemed like a good choice, since I do use most of their prouducts most of the time. It was pretty easy with all there colors numbered. Shoot, when I got there at 8:00am it was great I had the whole section to myself, then I was feeling so good that if there was a woman come to buy anything it wouldn't have mattered anyway. Heck, I got so comfortable in there I bought some foundation, powder some mascara, then to the colors, 3 lipsticks and matching nail polish, Girls I was having a great time. No problem from the girl at the check out either because I shopped after that and had a bunch of stuff. I just wanted to let ya'll know what a great feeling it was...BYE:battingeyelashes:

Sounds like you had fun. I go early to the grocery store. Where I live, and I'm sure most everywhere else, they have the self-checkout. I buy pantyhose, lipstick, long nails, mascara, foundation, eye-liner, bras, everything I need. I'm in and out of there in about 10-12 minutes, and ready to dress.

tricia_uktv
04-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Yay Bobbie Jo, next step is to go to a counter and ask for advice. I guarantee you'll have no problem (but watch how much you are spending)

Bobbie Jo
04-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Hey Girls.
I want to thank ya'll for leaving me such nice messages. Yea, I sure did feel good there yesterday. I was wanting to buy some lipliner but couldnt find a chart to tell me what goes with what. Oh well. I'll probably be going back soon because I wanted to get some eyelashes, never tried them but I want to.:battingeyelashes:

Sinthia
04-03-2008, 07:14 PM
See what happens when you do not worry what people will think of you. The sky did not fall and hit you on the head. You did not die of embarrassment. And you probably spent way too much money because you were having such a great time. I am envious as hell of the great time you had.

Jenny J
04-03-2008, 10:46 PM
The Walmarts in my area all have self-check out and never any lines in the morning. I buy my pantyhose there (yeah I'm a pantyhose girl) mainly because they have my size. I bought a sports bra and other stuff there but try to shop at a little more upscale store.

Occasionally, the self-check outs are not working and I hit the Express line.
There, the SA has rarely said anything. I think they are just watching the clock for their next break and I am out of there quickly.

Jen

Pamela Julie
04-03-2008, 11:18 PM
I usually shop Wal-Mart after work, their busiest time of day. The makeup aisles are crowded and I still have no problem shopping. I am usually holding a pocket notepad listing things I absolutely need to pick up. I seldom have any femme items on the list, but I am sure some woman think it is a list my wife made for me. I have had customers offer to help me find what I am looking for, probably feeling sorry for the poor man that has to shop for his wife's makeup:heehee:. It feels so good. Same goes for clothes. Checkout is never a problem either, the cashier usually makes no comments, if they do, it is simply saying they really like a color or they wish their husband had my taste in clothes.

Pamela:)

Jamie L. Squires
04-04-2008, 06:17 AM
Hey Girls.
I want to thank ya'll for leaving me such nice messages. Yea, I sure did feel good there yesterday. I was wanting to buy some lipliner but couldnt find a chart to tell me what goes with what. Oh well. I'll probably be going back soon because I wanted to get some eyelashes, never tried them but I want to.:battingeyelashes:

The Cover Girl web site has an area where you can put in your own information and it will give you the colors you need including what lipliner goes with what lipstick. You still need to do some experimenting.

Janet Bern
04-04-2008, 11:25 AM
I felt funny at first but I went to clinique counter at Macys and told the SA that I was a CD and asked for the makeup 101 course. She was great
Showed me how to start and finish with everything. Try it sometime