PDA

View Full Version : Getting turned on

Dee Jay
04-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Reading through the is it a fetish thread made me think...

When I first started down this road, it was a massive turn on.
Now it's not, but I do find that I do get turned on sometimes...

The thing is... Is not being dressed that turns me on... It's getting dressed.

Pulling on the panties, pulling on the PHs, slipping into the dress, pulling the zip up, stepping into shoes... This is the turn on.
Once I've seen the end result in the mirror it's all back to normal as far as aropusal is concerned.

I find it interesting that it's the act of getting dressed that is the turn on.
I love being dressed, i'm so much more happier and relaxed being dressed. I'm a lot easier to be around when dressed, but when I'm dressed I'm not aroused in anyway.

Does anyone else have the same reaction?

DJ

Alice B
04-03-2008, 05:58 PM
The whole act of getting dressed is a turn on, but seeing the final result is the best part. Then it becomes hard to stay away from mirrors.:heehee:

Jeannie
04-03-2008, 06:03 PM
I agree I love the getting dress part. It's exciting, the feel of the cloths next to your skin. I can't wait for the next time.

Jeannie

MarinaTwelve200
04-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Its likely a combination of things in play. You might (as in the case of an "escapist CD") CD ULTEMATELY for the "release or associated "good feeling", but on the way there, there might be a slight 'fetish" effect. There also can be the turn on of seeing and being in close contact with what look like "womens Legs" , breasts, etc. ----Along with a "humiliation/masochistic" thrill.

Folks may CD for any one of those things alone, but it stands to reason that even though you are CDing for one PRIMARY goal, you likely cant help being affected by the other aspects of CDing on the way there.

docrobbysherry
04-03-2008, 06:46 PM
The whole act of getting dressed is a turn on, but seeing the final result is the best part. Then it becomes hard to stay away from mirrors.:heehee:

I'm with Alice on this one!

beau
04-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Yes

Paula T
04-03-2008, 09:33 PM

you hit the nail on the head JMHO:eek:

victoriamwilliams1
04-03-2008, 09:34 PM

This is so true, I catch myself when shopping looking real quick.

DarLynn
04-04-2008, 05:59 AM
oh yes it is a big turn on for me. i love putting on my hose and slipping on my leotards and slipping on my shoes. oh yes a big turn on for me

dominique
04-04-2008, 06:07 AM
I love putting my make up on then picking out the correct outfit then taking my time getting dressed that is what turns me on.

DemonicDaughter
04-04-2008, 07:12 AM
I always think of it like the movies, when the leading lady is slowly pulling up her silk stockings. Its sensual, sexy, alluring and you know it must feel like heaven.

There is a lot of sensuality to the art of dressing and I can fully understand being aroused by it.

Though personally... I'm just as aroused by the undressing (of another). :D

erickka
04-04-2008, 07:21 AM
I too love the feeling of getting dressed. After all is said and done, I love the feeling of comfort and satisfaction from my efforts. It is great to look and feel sexy, and really relaxing for me too.

SarahHall
04-04-2008, 07:55 AM
I agree, the whole process of getting dolled up is very exciting and even erotic.

Jilmac
04-04-2008, 08:03 AM
DJ, Over the years the arousal for me has waned, and dressing in my femme clothes is just as commonplace as dressing in my male clothes. The arousal returns when I try on something new or when I'm preparing to go someplace I've never been enfemme. I may not become aroused as often anymore but when it happens I still get that feel good all over feeling. Luv and:hugs: Jill

nikki47
04-04-2008, 08:16 AM
Still as exciting for me now,i think it always will be.I've just finished work and i'm going to get dressed.First time for three weeks so i can't wait.
Nikki

Carly D.
04-04-2008, 08:54 AM
I would get turned on when I dressed up in the early days (years) and that does fade with time to be replaced with what I think is the true meaning of crossdressing... and that is what it is.. (I hate to use that term "it is what it is").. to everyone crossdressing is defined differently, how much and how often.. to what degree... and so on and so forth...

Jill Mac
04-04-2008, 11:27 AM
like other have said, its the getting dressed for me thats a turn on for me, always get excited when im getting dressed

Mandy_T
04-04-2008, 12:18 PM
The getting dressed part arouses me too. It doesn't necessarily stop once I am dressed. Usually it does, it's a feeling of normalcy again. Normalcy, that is, in a dress. :)

Sallee
04-04-2008, 12:24 PM
I agree with Alice here the act of dressing is great and be dressed is also great and it is hard to stay away from a mirror when dressed.I love walking by the mirrors in a department store. Seeing myself as just another girl What a kick I will also add that after being dressed for awhile , a few days, it does get old and it becomes "just cloths"

tricia_uktv
04-04-2008, 03:57 PM
I think our motivations do change as we progress further. My biggest thrill certainly used to be putting on the clothes and make-up. I'm lucky though in that I have the lifestyle and area to go out dressed and now that is what it is all about. It is really frustrating to be trapped at home dressed. I want to go out and flaunt it.

Lara Smith
04-05-2008, 01:36 AM
I agree the act of dressing is very sensual and highly erotic. The zippers, putting my arms into the bra straps, sliding panties up my legs, stockinged feet sliding into heels…lipstick going on my lips, a tight skirt on my bottom. It is so sexual I can hardly stand it and it isn’t long before I need to have sexual gratification. But not wanting to spoil my beautiful things that means shedding many of them to a large degree, only to get re-dressed. Still, just as exciting. But now I can just relax and enjoy how wonderful I feel being pretty and feeling pretty. I can go on about my day in my home. At every stage though, I do enjoy looking at my fem self in the mirror. I enjoy walking in heels, sitting in a skirt or dress as I work…so many many things. So for me, there are so many avenues of enjoyment and satisfaction I am always amazed, and I have been doing this on various levels for over 50 years.

No matter what my state of mind has been, it has never ever failed to be many wonderful and exciting things to me

audrey-lynn
04-05-2008, 07:29 AM
When I first started dressing it was a big turn-on. Now after more than 15 years I still get turned on while dressed but not to the same degree.

Angie G
04-05-2008, 07:50 AM
Not always but yes it sometimes happens. :hugs:
Angie

Leohose
04-20-2008, 12:06 AM
:hugs:

oh yes it is a big turn on for me. i love putting on my hose and slipping on my leotards and slipping on my shoes. oh yes a big turn on for me

As you slide your hose up your legs feeling the kiss of the nylons on your body, it feels like an electric shock, smoothing out your hose and slipping into the leotard as it hugs your body, makes you move like a sexy dancer, its electric, and sooo enticing,

As I post Im in my black leotard and nude silk reflections pantyhose, with a black, transparent dance wrap skirt and black pumps, soo good to wear and move and post while wearing soooo turned on now, mmmmmm

Carol123
04-20-2008, 01:15 AM
Any time that you can dress and be a woman is one of the biggest turn on's I can think of.
It would be even better to be that woman full time

Melora
04-20-2008, 06:49 AM
Yeah.. It is still a "turn on", But not in the same way as my early years..
Back then it was ALL sexuall..
Now it is all about "making a photo", that I feel is good and might turn on others..
Though FEELING Things, Like certain clothes IS A TURN ON, Sometimes, But not as often as the past...

iwearstockings
04-20-2008, 07:37 AM
As soon as I know I'm going to get dressed up I get a feeling right through me, its really intense. I love the feel of a suspenderbelt and stockings, miniskirt and heels. I've been dressing for about 25 years and its still just the same rush it always was :):):):):):):):):) Ooooh.. x!

Ruth
04-20-2008, 08:51 AM
Well girls, I'm not with the program on this one. Getting dressed is not a turn-on in the physical, sexual sense.
What I feel is a sense of relief and euphoria, of having escaped. I guess my male life has its problems and its pressures, but when I become Ruth, it's all left behind. I'm a carefree woman, no ties, no baggage, no responsibilities.
The sensual effect of the clothes on me, the obvious visual difference in the mirror, are necessary to convince me that the guy has gone, and I'm Ruth, but that's all there is to it.

Nadia-Maria
04-20-2008, 09:10 AM
Its likely a combination of things in play. You might CD ULTEMATELY for the "release or associated "good feeling", but on the way there, there might be a slight 'fetish" effect. There also can be the turn on of seeing and being in close contact with what look like "womens Legs" , breasts, etc. ----

Folks may CD for any one of those things alone, but it stands to reason that even though you are CDing for one PRIMARY goal, you likely cant help being affected by the other aspects of CDing on the way there.

Definately agreed.
There are several different aspects in CDing, and one or the other is leading the show. It may changing during the same day and/or the lifetime.

Hugs

Nadia

TGMarla
04-20-2008, 09:22 AM
I had been pondering a thread on which girls found to be better - getting dressed, or being dressed. I like both for different reasons. The act of getting dressed has many aspects that I find sensual and erotic. The state of being dressed brings a sense of well being and relaxation. When all this first began, I was adolescent, so a gentle breeze could bring arousal. Slipping on women's clothing was off the scale in terms of arousal. And although it's not so intense as that now, I still find pretty feminine clothing to be a potent sexual releaser, whether it's on a lovely woman, or on myself. But to the question posed here, I'd have to say yes for the most part. I do find getting dressed to be a sexual thrill, but not to the point of utter distraction. Heck, if that were the case, I'd never end up fully dressed! But I also find that with a little stimulation, being dressed can bring quite a bit of sexual satisfaction as well.

RitaCD
04-20-2008, 09:32 AM
I agree with Alice. I can't get past a mirror without checking me out especially before going out of the house.

Marla, you are always so insightful or else we just think alike.

But I wonder about the GGs on this topic. Do you get turned on when you dress or is it just a ritual for you?

TSchapes
04-20-2008, 10:39 AM
This is myself opening up here, but here goes...

Like a lot of the girls here, since this started at the beginning of adolescents, sexual arousal is going to be there. Like anything in this realm, the more you do, the more it may take to achieve that same point. For example, I remember the very first time I shaved my legs and put on pantyhose, I thought I was having a seizure. Holly C**p, that was intense. Now I shave all the time, so when I put hose on there's a little of that feeling left, but not like the first or second times.

Here's the individual part for me:
Nowadays, it's the act of transformation. And the challenge of going from my homely drab self to that of Tracy. I'm not kidding about the homely part either. I put two pictures on the board here, one of me in drab and the other was my old avatar. I had put them on hot or not, under two different ID's one male and one female and listed my true age of 54. The pictures other than cropping had no photoshop fixes. The contrast in ratings is what floored me, nearly 3 points! I don't put too much stock in the actual ratings, because it is so subjective. But like Ruth mentioned, my drab self is way gone, I have no idea who I'm looking at when I look in the mirror, and just that idea of someone, something else looking back at me is so odd that it's a turn on. I call it the "Misson Impossible Kinky Mask Thing". If you remember the old TV show, the person was so good at makeup and masking that they became that other person. That's where I'm at, total escape.

Me in drab + Tracy (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1235274&postcount=81)

I'm not trying to fool myself here, the truly beautiful girls on this board probably get 9+ all the time. Again it's the contrast, the transformation.

Lovely thread, kisses Tracy :hugs:

annabellesmooth
05-19-2008, 04:38 AM
its the whole thing.
the femminsation, of thy self!!
the relese of the shackles, of being boxed into a sterotype. it is a femme fatale world...
i find it so empowering, in a sensual way,...
i just feel so sexy,
ohh la la flertatious,
en femmenine!!!!:battingeyelashes:

Carly D.
05-19-2008, 09:16 AM
I get "that feeling" when I buy new clothes.. it's like the first time. popping the cherry of some new clothes.. new shoes or new pantyhose or tights.. or outfit...

Michelle_in_tights
07-19-2008, 11:16 AM
I agree, getting dressed is a still a big turn on for me even after 30 years. I love slipping my feet into tights and slowly pulling them up as I point my toes like a girl. I've recently got into professional Milano gymnastics leotards with a keyhole back. I'm 5'6" and love squeeziing into a size 34 leotard. My latest purchase was a black velour one with a keywhole neck (the accolade syle from last years range). It took me ten minutes to put it on as the arms were a little tight due to the patten. But once on it fitted like a glove and everything down below just popped back inside me to give a feminie look.

Emily Anderson
07-19-2008, 11:50 AM
For me, it's a question of state of mind. It can turn me on if I think about it in a sexual way, or it can be simply to get dressed the way I want to be. Same as for being fully dressed. At times I think about it and get turned on, and at others, it's more for the fun of being dressed up.

Tina Dixon
07-19-2008, 12:00 PM
If it wasn't exciting would we do it?

NoraTV
07-19-2008, 01:07 PM
For me, every time I get dressed is an incredible thrill. It goes far beyond just a sexual turn-on, which I feel deep inside me rather than in just one part of my body. I try to avoid full length mirrors, however, so I can see the full effect all at once. When I do, I always find myself thinking, "Yes, Nora, this is the real you."

Ashlee
07-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Incredible turn on to go from drab to en femme, it's an AWESOME feeling. Once en femme though it's just feels right, normal. When I first started down this road my body responded in kind to the arousal (you catching my drift?) but not so much anymore. I still love what I'm seeing though but it's just so "normal" when I"m dolled up. I look forward to each time. Sometimes when I know Ashlee will come out and I'm thinking about becoming her I can sense the body's responses (increased respirations, heart beating a little stronger etc)

abundantly_me
07-19-2008, 01:25 PM
But I wonder about the GGs on this topic. Do you get turned on when you dress or is it just a ritual for you?

The act of getting dressed every day, nah not very thrilling.

BUT

when you get dressed with a special event in mind, going out, meeting someone new, a special party well then that brings a different focus to it,

then ~ each item you choose with an intention, and seeing your look all come together - why yes, that can definitely can be a rush.

Di
07-19-2008, 01:38 PM

The act of getting dressed every day, nah not very thrilling.
when you get dressed with a special event in mind, going out, meeting someone new, a special party well then that brings a different focus to it,
then ~ each item you choose with an intention, and seeing your look all come together - why yes, that can definitely can be a rush.
Since you asked Rita I agree with abundantlyme.....not the everyday act but spec occasions...starting with bubble bath, soaps lotions, power,perfume all matching fragnances :) then my nails something spec to match my out fit......planning what jewlery and shoes then THE perfect out fit:D everything coming together...very exciting.
Also exciting my S.O. getting dressed.......as as DD mentioned...later getting undressed...sigh:o

Sandra
07-19-2008, 06:33 PM

Everyday dressing is just a ritual, but getting sorted for a night out is different, but I don't get turned on by it but enjoy getting ready, and like Di I enjoy my SO getting ready for that special night out. :)

NicoleScott
07-19-2008, 06:38 PM
For me, it's putting on the makeup, watching the transformation as it happens. I make up, then dress, saving the most exciting thing for last: lipstick.

Lisa O
07-19-2008, 06:59 PM
I have found the first times are very exciting, and then the feeling wears off. This is also true if i have been away from dressing for a while. But I still come back so it can't be all thrill in that sense. I haven't analysed this aspect of myself too much, but the sense of "change", even just a bit is perhaps why - like knowing how good your legs look in stockings, how good your nails look. The emotional change that goes with it is a big attraction.

Pickle65
07-19-2008, 08:46 PM
I'll be honest, I get wayy turned on when I go all out and look in the mirror at the finished product.

Stargirl
07-19-2008, 08:56 PM
GG's are famous for saying "Oh I just like something I can just throw on, and go." I have clothing like that, but only for the mundane world of shopping, and tending the daily grind. Putting on my usual bra may evoke a response : "Same old muffin cups". I can recall having to repair something with a safety pin, too. When I dress up to go out for supper at a nice place, I am often disillusioned by how I look in the ladies room mirrors. I get weird. I think : "I didn't look like that in my home mirror. Candlelight...hurry ! Get to the candle light."

Humans can be such insecure creatures. I enjoy dressing up for (hopefully) sexy looking pictures. I like a bit of fabric tightness, and taking as long as I need to achieve the image in my head. I have to give myself pep talks. "You look good. You really do." Not in love with myself, mind you, but it helps to recall what sexy feels like, and the right clothing helps.

teresa jeen
07-19-2008, 09:45 PM
being men, as most of us are. it's the allure and secrecy of it all. im most always arroused when dressing. not to the point of ... you get my point. it feels so natural for me to be this way, myself, me just me. its not easy to be me i just have to work on it and "do" it as often as possible. it just feels so right.

carhill2mn
07-19-2008, 09:46 PM
When I was young the act of putting on girls' or womens' clothes was a great "turn on"; sometimes to the point of not being able to finish. As I got older and had more practice/experience, this happened less often. I still greatly enjoy the entire transformation process and really like what I see in the mirror when I am finished.

sissycatherine
07-19-2008, 09:50 PM
Getting dressed doesn't have the same erotic thrill that it used to when I was younger. While I still feel the same feeling of relaxation and inner peace I always have when I am dressed, now being as feminine as I can brings a deeper joy than when I was much younger and it was all about the thrill.

teresa jeen
07-19-2008, 10:08 PM
the thrill isnt the same as it was but the end result is the same. fullfillment as me being me.

darla_g
07-19-2008, 10:16 PM
for me the preparation is equisite. i take forever to get ready. Its a good thing I'm not a GG because i would always be late. I would think too if i was a GG i probably wouldn't be obsessing like this too.

I think there is always some very strong sensual feelings with dressing. For me stockings are the most wonderful feeling, but it has to be on shaved legs or else it is just plain annoying. The feel and particularly the taste of certain lipsticks is another thing. I think these sensual feelings lead to an overwhelming eroticism, especially when you're just starting out. In fact that can be an means to an end in itself.

As you get accustomed to it the eroticism isn't that strong, but thats essentially if you've been doing it for a while and you are by yourself. Now if you're sharing your experience with your wife or SO that might be an entirely different story!

But when you recognize that this is not easy, like Tracy said earlier this is an art unto itself. To transition to the point where what you see back in the mirror is clearly not you is quite remarkable. and so the objective may change a little bit. Its not all sexual or fetishitic. Achieving that look leads to a level of contentment.

And at a certain point you can get very philosophical about it all and end up writing stuff like i am now. What's the meaning of this? Why am i responding to this thread? Well I am convinced at a certain age, especially the average age of people here that you stop worrying about it and just decide that it's who you are and just go with it.

I really think that everyone has a bit of female persona in them at varying levels. I know if i am dressed getting to understand this persona is so much easier. Some people may not accept this premise, but it makes me appreciate women that much more.

TommiTN
07-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Well said! Makes perfect sense to me and is pretty much how I think of CDing.

Samantha43
07-19-2008, 10:31 PM
When I was younger it was a huge sexual turn on for me, but now it is more about the feeling of contentment. When I was younger I dressed in mini skirts and sexy clothing. Now I like the professional look, with a sexy edge. I must admit that I like the finished product. I love my mirror!

Laura_Stephens
07-20-2008, 06:07 AM
Like most others, the sexual part of getting/being dressed is not the same as when I was younger. It is still there from time to time, though.

About 10 years ago, I was seeing a therapist for a variety of reasons including being distraught over the CDing thing. There were times when I would see my theapist "em femme". I would take my special clothes to her office, get dressed for the session in the restroom, talk with her for an hour about dressing and the sexual elements of being dressed, and the go to the restroom to get undressed, and, finally, go home. While getting undressed, it would invariably turn into a private, sexual experience.

Mostly, I think, because we had been talking about the sexual part of dressing for a while and it was definately on my mind. I don't know if she knew I did this. I wish I would have asked her.

Empress Lainie
07-20-2008, 07:31 AM
Wearing women's clothes has never had anything to do with sexual feelings for me. They are just me, I am female inside, and mostly outside too.

I have read Crossing by Deirdre McClosky wherein she said she used to dress female and pleasure herself(himself then). She went to Australia for surgery and went all out in short order to completely feminize herself including voice surgery.

So I guess that there are transexuals who in their crossdressing period (pre-tg) that did get a sexual charge out of it. But I never understood it myself.

flacindycd
07-20-2008, 07:39 AM
For me, it's a question of state of mind. It can turn me on if I think about it in a sexual way, or it can be simply to get dressed the way I want to be. Same as for being fully dressed. At times I think about it and get turned on, and at others, it's more for the fun of being dressed up.
I couldnot have said it any better, I'm in your camp on this Emily...huggs

laura.lapinski
07-20-2008, 08:51 AM
Its likely a combination of things in play. You might (as in the case of an "escapist CD") CD ULTEMATELY for the "release or associated "good feeling", but on the way there, there might be a slight 'fetish" effect. There also can be the turn on of seeing and being in close contact with what look like "womens Legs" , breasts, etc. ----Along with a "humiliation/masochistic" thrill.

I agree with Marina. Once your there, there can be a lot of other aspects that can affect you, even if the primary reason is for escape.

Laura

Amy Hepker
07-20-2008, 08:59 AM
That's about it in a nut shell. I still do get turned on thinking about being forced to dress in girls clothes as I always have, but now I get more of a mental great feeling of dressing, it relaxes me and makes me feel complete.

LA CINDY LOVE
07-20-2008, 04:02 PM
When Cindy is getting dress she feels nothing sexual about getting dress or turn on, it is not until Cindy has made the transformation and is OUT THE FRONT DOOR going places dose she feel the excitement of being dress and going out.

LA CINDY LOVE

tracie674
07-20-2008, 05:15 PM
I too have been crossdressing for almost 50 years. It's still a major turn on and I hope it always will be. It doesn't always end with climaxing but it does most of the time. I'll get underdressed and made up and go shopping for hours like that. The initial thrill dies down and I just fell good being out and about. I'll go into several stores where they know I'm a crossdresser and it's great to be treated like a natural woman. There may be a song in there somewhere.