PDA

View Full Version : told my girlfirend last night - wow

gagirl1
04-03-2008, 06:32 PM
ok, so i couldn't wait to get it off my chest to someone and last night was the time. we've been together only a few months but she is one of the most understanding women i've ever met. so i sit her down and show her my stockings. i explain to her that i enjoy dressing and recently got into it. she was relieved! she thought i was going to tell her i was gay and we had to break up. whew! i guess it helps that she has dated women and understands being different. she wants to get 2 of her girlfriends (one of which is a beautician) to fix me up. i'm so nervous, but what the hell, you only live once right? she told me to be prepared for halloween and i almost squealed.

i couldn't have gotten the confidence to do it without the support of the people in this community. i want to thank everyone here for giving me the strength to be myself. now all i need is a sexy name......and well, more clothes :)

Cassie Cas
04-03-2008, 06:40 PM
I guess I'm a little confused as to why she was worried that you may be gay. Were you worried that she is a lesbian?

Kieron Andrew
04-03-2008, 06:43 PM
now all i need is a sexy name
good for you for having the courage to be yourself, im happy it paid off for you....most people i know go through a couple of names until it feels comfortable, do you have one that might have stuck in the mind maybe?, if not try a couple and get the girlfriend to call you it a couple of times to see if its comfortable for you...if she agrees that is

I guess I'm a little confused as to why she was worried that you may be gay.

it is not uncommon for GGs to sense that the CD wants to say something and to come to that conclusion

Alana65
04-03-2008, 06:47 PM
All I can say is WOW too.......you have found yourself in such an amazing place. To have someone who you can "be yourself" with has got to be the most fascinating thing. I wish that I could have the same situation in my life.....I'm very jealous of you, but happy for you too.

Kimberleighann
04-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Take your time with this. Some times it take time for some people to really understand. I hope thing go well for you.

Kimberleigh Ann

Stormgirl
04-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Lucky you

gagirl1
04-03-2008, 06:59 PM
well my father is gay and i guess i built up the conversation too much for her. i think she thought i was going to say i was gay because it's just about the only thing that we could not share. it would mean the end of our relationship and that scared her. i have told her i have bi tendencies and maybe that also played out in her head.

and no, i am definitely not worried about her being with other women. i think it's great that she had the confidence to be herself. she's been an inspiration to me, and apparently i to her. even if we do end up going our separate ways romantically, i think i've made a friend for life. it was funny, when we woke up today she asked, "so how's my crossdresser feeling?" and i answered back with, "so that makes you my little lesbian, huh?" we thought it was hilarious.

mattie
04-03-2008, 07:28 PM
When I sat my girlfriend (now wife) down and told her she too thought I was going to tell her I was gay. I think it's just because she was the first person I ever told, and it was the single most scary thing I've ever done in my whole life - and she could detect that I was super scared and nervous - so she assumed it was something that would end our relationship like that I was gay.

But when I told her she comforted me and said it was okay. It was such a huge relief I can't even begin to describe.

gagirl1
04-03-2008, 07:34 PM
you got a good point, there, mattie. it was one of the scariest things i've ever done, and it feels like the weight of the world is off your shoulders afterwards.

Susan.
04-03-2008, 09:18 PM
gaboy1, I assumed you were gay too. But that was because of your name. I guess that stands for Georgia and not gay!?

JackieS
04-03-2008, 09:40 PM
I told my wife after 17 years of marriage. It was the most difficult thing I had ever done. I had read all the statistics and knew what the likely outcomes were, but knew I had to tell her. Our marriage lasted another 10 years after that, but was never the same. I now feel like I wasted those 10 years. About 2 years ago, my wife said something very strange to me. She said, it would have been easier for her if I had been gay. This I can not understand. I mean I understand that she gets what Gay is and doesn't understand cross dressing, but, if I was gay our relationship would have been over. At least cross dressing didn't necessarily mean the end of the relationship. Turns out it did, but thats another story...

The important thing here is that you told her early on in the relationship. If I have learned one thing from the end of my marriage, its that you have to be open about who you are for any relationship to succeed.

gagirl1
04-03-2008, 11:43 PM
gaboy1, I assumed you were gay too. But that was because of your name. I guess that stands for Georgia and not gay!?

hahaha, i didn't even consider that when i came up with the name! guess i really need to change it now. do i have to pm one of the moderators or something like that? can't find any links to it.

docrobbysherry
04-03-2008, 11:49 PM
How 'bout "Sza Sza Gaboy"?

Alex-is
04-04-2008, 12:12 AM
Thats so cool, I respect the courage it took to tell her that, i wish i possessed that strength.

gagirl1
04-04-2008, 12:49 AM
How 'bout "Sza Sza Gaboy"?

sza sza? i don't get it, does it mean something?

Eugenie
04-04-2008, 01:40 AM
I guess I'm a little confused as to why she was worried that you may be gay.

The worry may come from direct fear of loss of one's lover rather than as a rejection, which seems to be what was explained in the original post.

When a wife/girl friend fear that her man might not want to make love to her because he is gay, this is an entirely understandable cause of worry.

:hugs:
Eugenie

Angie G
04-04-2008, 02:00 AM
ell you go girl. and you girlfriend rocks hun. :hugs:
Angie

Amy Hepker
04-04-2008, 04:32 AM
It is better to be yourself that to hide and lie to someone all your life. Free yourself and be yourself. That is great, I wish more ladies were as open minded.

Shelly67
04-04-2008, 05:16 AM
Congratulations to you both , now the fun can really start as you develope together .
Good luck .

Sally24
04-04-2008, 05:29 AM
sza sza? i don't get it, does it mean something?

I think she's doing a play on words on Zsa Zsa Gabor.

Michelle04240
04-04-2008, 05:37 AM
Congrats! Acceptance is great isn't it? Be careful though, even with it there is likely an edge you could push her over.

Oh..and be sure to post pictures of your beauty intervention.

Katie T
04-04-2008, 05:57 AM
congrats to you both ......but be aware of the "pink fog".....it almost cost me my wife.:2c:

erickka
04-04-2008, 07:16 AM
When the telling someone issue comes up, I have heard so many people say that "they were afraid I was going to say.....GAY!" Seems that a lot of people immediately assume that anyone who crossdresses is gay. That is about the farthest thing from the truth. It is a known fact that about 2/3 of all crossdressers are hetero and in some kind of LTR. Maybe someday, all people who are different (Gay, Crossdresser,Different ethnic backgrounds) will all be treated as real people and not freaks of nature or society. I for one have had many close friends that fit all of those stereotyped groups, and they were all some of the best and most sincere people I have ever known. Maybe that is why I enjoy this forum.... Lots of REAL people! Bless All Of You!

DemonicDaughter
04-04-2008, 07:31 AM
...and no, i am definitely not worried about her being with other women. i think it's great that she had the confidence to be herself. she's been an inspiration to me, and apparently i to her. even if we do end up going our separate ways romantically, i think i've made a friend for life. it was funny, when we woke up today she asked, "so how's my crossdresser feeling?" and i answered back with, "so that makes you my little lesbian, huh?" we thought it was hilarious.

Sounds like her and I would have a lot in common! Bring her to the forums! I'd love to meet her!

And I have to say, I call my SO a lesbian all the time. :D Being bisexual and dating a CDer is absolutely perfect!

Congrats hun!

StephanieH
04-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Congrats, remember, always be honest with her, especially if she's accepting. It takes a long time to build up trust and only a second to lose it. Glad to hear another success story - treat her well and I think you'll get plenty of rewards! Take care and God bless! :D

Sheena Pink
04-04-2008, 08:50 AM
That's great that you told her. Sounds like you girls will be having a lot of fun in the future!

Carly D.
04-04-2008, 08:55 AM
WOW, so now you know what it feels like to hit a home run... way to go...

avery99
04-08-2008, 10:20 AM
such courage. well done. i guess at this point my own perspective is to just be real with my partner. it's amazing what people will accept when you're honest and they trust you.

paulaluvssz8
04-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Good for you. I hope you both have a long and lasting relationship..:)

DeeDeeB
04-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Way to go girl. Best to you both.

Dee :hugs:

gagirl1
04-09-2008, 12:04 AM
thanks again for all the kind comments. avery99, you hit the nail on the head. don't be afraid to be yourself.

taracronin
04-11-2008, 02:53 PM
well done, I told my wife 3 years ago and it was the best thing I done. I am 38 now and It is now so much fun without having to hide my Clothes.
Well done again.
Tara

Rachaelb64
04-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Sounds like you found a lover and a friend, lucky you keep hold of her :)

RachelVTTV
05-26-2008, 01:56 PM
You are so lucky! Your GF has a beatician friend and wants to make you up! what could be better!! Go for it can't wait to see the pics!

Vivian Best
05-26-2008, 02:15 PM
Congrats to both of you. Wish the best to both of you.

Abby Lauren
05-26-2008, 02:28 PM
I'm very happy for both of you. Hope it's smooth sailing from now on.

windycissy
05-26-2008, 10:02 PM
Attagirl, you're living the dream!

Jenny Doolittle
05-27-2008, 08:04 AM
Yes, I too remember telling my wife I liked to dress and the nervious energy that had welled up in my back felt like a knot the size of a softball. But, as you found out, after telling I felt so clean of guilt and no longer had that weight on my shoulders. Now just a little weight of my c-cup forms LOL

Jenny Do.

carolinewalker_2000
05-27-2008, 08:10 AM
Well done; I wish you and your girlfriend lots of fun times together.