PDA

View Full Version : This is weird...

Valerie Nicole
04-04-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm currently in the middle of an online conversation with somebody. The subject of crossdressing came up, only this time, I wasn't the one who brought it up. She showed me an "Eddie Izzard" video and that got us talking about it. It turns out she's completely open-minded and accepting about this, and has even known crossdressers who were completely out of the closet! The thing is, she and I aren't super close, and we share a workplace. Since we work with children (teaching), it getting out there would be bad, and a threat to my position.

Part of me is screaming "COME OUT TO HER!" But I've had so many bad experiences with this lately, and I'm out to so many people already, that it seems dangerous.

Angie G
04-05-2008, 12:13 AM
Could be. Do you think she may know or think you may dress. Why would she just bring up something about crossdressing. :hugs:
Angie

Celeste
04-05-2008, 06:01 AM
If it risk your job,you've got to play it smart here.Why not ask her out and get to know her better.Even if you can't come out to her because of your job,she probably would make a great friend.Maybe you can learn exactly what her idea of acceptance is.As a rule,I always keep professional and private matters separate,not wanting to provide the gossip that could result in a judgment unfavorable to me.What if she were a religious fanatic in disguise and just wanted to expose you because of her obligation to god and children.Look for the sign's,be careful,go slow.

Kristen Marie
04-05-2008, 06:33 AM
The females that know about me as a guy and as Kristen are people that I really trust. Those first feelings of "I want to tell somebody!" have to be put aside until you know that it will be OK.

I have a female co-worker who has repeatedly said you and I are so alike....and she means that she is more like me rather than I am more like her....but I'm not ready to share Kristen with her. There will come a time, but it is not right now.

Priscilla Ann
04-05-2008, 07:03 AM
I say never come out to a co-worker.

JennyS.
04-05-2008, 08:14 AM
"But I've had so many bad experiences with this lately, and I'm out to so many people already, that it seems dangerous."

It seems you answered your own question.

TGMarla
04-05-2008, 08:20 AM
Old proverb: A secret is best kept between two people when one of them is dead.

Disclaimer: Marla does not condone murder.