PDA

View Full Version : Dancing in a Skort

Magickman
04-06-2008, 11:37 AM
I took my new skort out dancing last night. Dark blue denim, with floral embroidery on the left side. It was a singles night, live rock'n'roll event, at a suburban veterans hall.

I was primed and ready. Black turtleneck, the skort, black tights, and Nine West sexy 4" stiletto oxford shoes. Fresh fuschia manicure, too.

No sooner than entering the hall, women were asking me to dance.
"OH, you're wearing a skirt." No, I replied, this is a skort. And so on.

This is sort of funny, because it would be hard to imagine a more middle American and conventional group. Everyone was cool, though, except one idiot who maybe had too much to drink. He insisted on asking which bathroom I used. I told him, "Don't f*ck with me, dude." and repeated myself, so he could be sure to understand.

The women were cool about it. They don't care. I danced with about a half dozen of them. Lots of spinning and twirling. One gal said it was like a carnival ride. The women seem to tire so easily. I was only getting warmed up.

Anyway, it was dancing until closing time. Good fun, all evening.

After the music was finished, I was talking with one of the band members. He said that their female vocalist was watching me all evening, and just had to know where I got my shoes. So I told him.

Fast dancing in tall stilettos, is a bit of a balancing act. I had to pay attention, in order to maintain upright orientation. But no missteps.

There is a small moral to this story. Even in a midwestern veterans club, a bastion of middle class conformity, it is entirely possible to fully express personal style through attire, footwear, and accessories.

All it takes is positive attitude and a friendly smile, coupled with the determination not to take any crap from anyone.

For those who are still without courage, take heart, because social male skirting is really pretty painless, and a lot of fun, besides.

Rachel Morley
04-06-2008, 11:49 AM
I have 3 skorts, a pink one, a khaki one and a navy one. They all look like skirts. I like them because the double layer of shorts underneath "adds width" to my hips so that when I add my hip and bottom pads I get my best looks in terms or hip to waist ratio :)

Tamara Croft
04-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Skort? what's one of those? :strugglin

Sounds like you had a great night out :D

Kieron Andrew
04-06-2008, 12:01 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skort

SherriePall
04-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Still dancing I see. Take it that you managed to stay upright this time without falling all over your dance partner.

Rachel Morley
04-06-2008, 01:38 PM
All mine look like this. On the outside it looks exactly like a skirt in the front and the back, but built in underneath, there is a pair of shorts.

Angie G
04-06-2008, 01:43 PM
We rock on hun :hugs:
Angie

jessielee
04-06-2008, 01:49 PM
sounds like a dream.
a nice one.
but perhaps in a nicer city or club or reality than what's at hand for most of us.
my little girl's american girl doll came with a skort.
the culottes of tomorrow! will somebody program this @X*!! spell checker that "skort" is too a real word?
dream on, its too much fun to miss.
jessie

sissystephanie
04-06-2008, 10:47 PM
I currently have over two dozen skorts, and wear them everywhere. Except to dances! I am a lousy dancer, and since my wife passed away don't go to dances anymore. She tolerated me on the dance floor because I let her lead. I have no sense of rhythm!

I love skorts, as is fairly obvious. I usuaully wear a skort when out for my morning walk, and I wear them many other places. Rarely get any comments.

Sissy/Stephanie

Girl on the outside, man underneath!

vikki2020
04-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Way to go,Magickman!!:yrtw::