PDA

View Full Version : Went To Dinner With Church Ladies

vivianann
04-07-2008, 03:08 AM
I went as Vivian to a restaurant with 3 ladies from my church saturday night in Salt Lake city. All went really well, One of them said to me she thought it was contradictory to go to church as a male then dress as a female after the church meeting, I asked what was contradictory about it? she could not come up with an answer. I told her that as long as I do not do anything that goes against church commandments. she seemed to accept that. the other 2 women saw nothing wrong with what I was doing, they all loved my legs. They all were surprised that peaple did not even care, or noticed. It was a wonderful experience to be one of the girls saturday night.

Dalece
04-07-2008, 03:40 AM
You got it SIs. Isn't great to be one of the girls I love it myself.

Chari
04-07-2008, 06:52 AM
Viv, It is so great to hear that you were accepted for who you are - and by ladies of the church! Bet that outing gave you a big shot of confidence! Are you planning to go out with them again?

Enjoy life, Chari

vivianann
04-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Yes chari it did give me a confidence boost, and it did bring me closer to them and they want to see vivian more in future get togethers.

JoAnnDallas
04-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Vivanann....To be honest, you surpised me. I would have thought that if there was anyplace that would not tolerate CDing, it would be Salt Lake City. Looks like I was wrong. Great story, Glad you have a good time.

celeste26
04-07-2008, 11:41 AM
The hypocrisy was [not going to church dressed] it was not changing afterwards.

Littlej10
04-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Christian enlightenment, great!

Angie G
04-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Well you go girl good for you. :hugs:
Angie

Sinthia
04-07-2008, 08:28 PM

Celeste . . . That might be true, but maybe he didn't want to thrust his fetish on the whole congregation all at once. Remember the advice . . . 'Baby Steps'

vivianann
04-08-2008, 02:47 AM
I could not go to the mens only 2 hr meeting enfemme, my church asks that I not crossdress to church meetings, so I honor there wishes, plus I really do not want to go there enfemme especially when there are 200 men only at the meeting saturday evening, my bishop told me that on my own time I can crossdress as long as I do not do immoral acts, for me that is good enough.

Niya W
04-08-2008, 04:56 PM

WHy is that?

Julie York
04-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Immoral acts? Do define that for us.

Your Bishop says you can dress in the clothing of a woman but you are not allowed to take part in immoral acts?

And what you are implying is that you have the o.k. by GGs to go to church dressed because your actions (otherwise) are hypocritical?

The Bishop on the other hand is o.k. with it as long as you don't actually turn up dressed as a woman? And shag sheep? (Forgive me you didn't define immoral acts.)

I'm confused.

Actually not that confused , but you have one hell of a conundrum there. Are you going with the women or the Bishoip on this?

Amy Hepker
04-08-2008, 05:40 PM
GOD knows what you are doing, you are not fooling him. He has not struck you down yet has he???

Carrie
04-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Dear Vivian,

I think it's nice that you have given those "church ladies" a bit of an education into CD, the more people know the less likely they are to fear something different and the less different it will seem to them. You are so open about who you are - it is very refreshing to find such confidence!

~C

BTW, you do have great legs! :o

:hugs:

vivianann
04-09-2008, 01:56 AM
Julie York, an immoral act would be soliciting for sex, or having sex outside of marriage according to the Bishop. As for going to church enfemme I cannot do that period. I can go out enfemme to restaraunts, stores and other public places, other peaple from my church can go with me while I am dressed to public places, we can not go to church crossdressed. I can go with the GG's to church while I am dressed as a man. There is no conundum here on my end,

Fab Karen
04-09-2008, 05:17 AM
"well, isn't that special!" - Dana Carvey ( in drag )

carolinewalker_2000
04-09-2008, 07:25 AM
Good for you Vivianann; sounds like you had fun once you had put the questioning lady in her place!

Roberta Llyan
04-09-2008, 08:17 AM
I go to my church in femme all the time. But I go to a Unity church and not, as I am understanding from your description, to a Mormon church.

Unity preachers have no problem with CDers. We are accepted in every manner so long as we conduct ourselves properly--that is, don't go there with the attitude to start trouble. Unity's metaphysical teachings are "we are all on our own path and we accept each person as being where they are along that path." So the doctrine is very open and accepting of all.

Gays, lesbians, transgenders, etc., are all welcome and accepted.

I'm happy for you Viv that you have made that much progress among your church affliation.

genetic girl
04-09-2008, 08:27 AM
Vivan, Being LDS I think it is great that the RS ladies support you in your ward. I want you to know that I understand what you are saying and the why of it about not going dressed to the meetings. Ever need to chat PM me and if you come to Las Vegas let me know.
Lizabeth

Nora
04-09-2008, 09:57 AM
HI VivianAnn:

Here in Las Vegas we have a number of girls who are LDS. While they do not go to church En Femme some of them are quite open about it in their community. A few have gone to services on occassion to the Metropolitan Community Church which has been most accepting and Accommodating.

Should you decide to visit Las Vegas let me know.

Nora

vivianann
04-09-2008, 12:02 PM
Thanks Carolinewalker, she now is alright with my crossdressing. I like your avatar, you are beautiful.

joann07
04-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Hi Vivian,

I'm glad you had a nice time.
It's so nice to be accepted as who you want to be by very open minded ladies and I hope that you have more postive experiences like these.
You definitely showed a positive example of yourself and hopefully this will lead to more openess and acceptance in your church.

I love to dress up nicely, especially for church.
I've been to Catholic mass several times and I have no issues going dressed. Every time I go, I conduct myself with class and style. I am very comfortable with my feminine self and I have yet to have a bad experience.

Hugs!

Roberta Llyan
04-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Hi Vivian,

I'm glad you had a nice time.
It's so nice to be accepted as who you want to be by very open minded ladies and I hope that you have more postive experiences like these.
You definitely showed a positive example of yourself and hopefully this will lead to more openess and acceptance in your church.

I love to dress up nicely, especially for church.
I've been to Catholic mass several times and I have no issues going dressed. Every time I go, I conduct myself with class and style. I am very comfortable with my feminine self and I have yet to have a bad experience.

Hugs!

I think that is wonderful Joann07. Maybe the religions in America are starting to be more tolerant. May those who are slow come round soon.

So CD'ers, etc., can find sources where they are accepted and can enjoy life as CD'ers and/or transgenders.

joann07
04-09-2008, 08:44 PM
I think that is wonderful Joann07. Maybe the religions in America are starting to be more tolerant. May those who are slow come round soon.

So CD'ers, etc., can find sources where they are accepted and can enjoy life as CD'ers and/or transgenders.

Hi Roberta,

Thanks.
Yeah. Going to church has kind of been a boring routine for forever, but going dressed has made it a fun thing. :)
I went to mass this past weekend and had a little bit of a tense moment when I recognized someone from my work, but it turned out ok.
You can read more about it in bottom of my latest post of my recent adventure. See the following link:
Springing into April (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80407)

Even though I had a close encounter, it will not stop me from going again and again and again.
I just have to be careful of what someone had mentioned in a previous post about match makers. There are female parishoners who try to setup religiously devoted males with a religiously devoted female so I just need to keep an eye out for them because I'm sure it would be a real shock to the church and the parishoners if they discovered my true identity.
However, I always wear a ring to signify that I am taken or engaged so I think that if they see my rings it would avoid that.

Hugs!