PDA

View Full Version : Young(er) and not feeling in place here

Pages : [1] 2

MentalMercury
04-07-2008, 07:35 AM
Just wondering if anyone shares my sentiment..

I find this whole 'walking in heels/pantyhose' thing is a common theme here... in my eyes, its not very common for real women to be running around in heels and pantyhose. Maybe since I'm younger though (22) things are different, but I feel a distinct separation from most of this community.

To me, casual crossdressing is jeans, boots, girly band tee, hairstyle, eyeliner, mascara, little cover up for beard stuff. And the club/dressy type stuff would be skirt, corset, again boots, fishnets, more makeup than I would for a casual look. You know.. just like other real women I see. Am I one of the only ones approaching it this way? Everyone seems to try and look like a secretary or some business woman.

Anyone else like me out there who looks at alot of these threads and goes "whut?". Sticking to the -chan boards (for the younger age group) is getting stagnant and I'm personally getting sick of all the nudity they post there and the fact that straight up transitioning/transitioned TGs have conquored control over casual/general crossdressing discussion.

:sigh:

harmony
04-07-2008, 08:26 AM
my dear child-you are so lucky to be able to come to acceptance of your whole self at such a young age!us old cronies have done a lot of work to make that possible.my first impressions go back to girdles and nylon stocking which you probably have never seen worn?your matter of fact natural approach is wonderful .please endulge an old bag and stick around so we can get a glimpse of what it would have been like for us at your age.

paulaluvssz8
04-07-2008, 08:32 AM
I agree with your comment about the amount of dressing for the real women. As I look at other women around town. I see that they aren't dressed like sometimes I would like to look myself. But as we all have been hopeing for and dreaming about, is just to be accepted by those around us. So don't be so upset over everyone who has a different style than yourself. We all have somewhat of a different style to the larger part of the world anyway.:battingeyelashes:

Huggs

Chari
04-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Hi MM, IMO each of us should try to dress in age and event appropriate outfits, but always in comfort. Never go to the mini mart in a prom dress or to the prom in a micro mini with boots & fishnets and expect to blend in! There are many styles/outfits that work or look good only on younger or well proportioned individuals. Some of us have to work harder to even find any feminine fashion that fits us well and at times have to make do with the secretary or business look as those styles are the ones that best cover a lot of "physical problems". All dressing is a matter of personal taste!

Enjoy life, Chari

MJ
04-07-2008, 09:02 AM
thank you for your post . and i must say that if i had the courage to come out at your age i would dress like you too. @ 47 i can't get away with that look . but i like trying to look classy when i can. but for the most part i too dress in blue jeans t-shirts little to no makeup for my day to day travels .

MentalMercury
04-07-2008, 09:18 AM
I realize now that how I worded that was misleading... I don't dress full time, or in public usually. The only times I've gone in public was for going to a club with friends! Oh yeah and I plan on cosplaying a female video game character at 2 major anime/video game conventions coming up :)

Andrea85
04-07-2008, 09:28 AM
Ive got to agree with you MentalMercury. I know everyone has their own style when it comes to clothing, but alot of the real women out there don't dress that way. I'm 22 too, and I'm the kinda girl that like the tightest jeans possible, or a mini skirt and the same kinda casual make up. It sucks there aren't younger girls on here like us...

KayR
04-07-2008, 09:28 AM
One of the reasons we have this forum, it seems to me is to enjoy our own personal and unique "hobby". If you enjoy the way that you dress and look, then good for you. I for one would be very interested in how young makeup is different to my "old" version, with a view to updating my appearance perhaps.
Alternatively, some of the pictures I have seen on here show a sophisticated and timeless style that many a GG would be envious of. Maybe they could give you few useful pointers?
I think that one of the major points I'm trying to make is that we are a community - a commonwealth if you will - and as such we can all give (and take!) from our community.

Kristen Marie
04-07-2008, 09:30 AM
What a great post and you raise some good points. I usually post the pictures of me in outfits from when I go out to special events. My new white cowl neck sweater avatar is an example as I wore that to a dinner with some other T girls in a public restaurant.

But I'm wearing dungaree skirt right now, with a pair of slides, a camisole and a comfortable, baggy top. I have been to Tiffany Club in jeans, as do a number of a ladies, and been much more natural in that regard. I think we post more of the dress up shots.

One of my favorite posters on the board is the moderator, Sherlyn. She dresses the most comfortable of anyone I know and always, always looks great. Check out her pictures. A dungaree skirt and a baggy top on her looks so amazingly natural on her. I'd like to ascribe to that level someday.

Niya W
04-07-2008, 09:30 AM
You will see me in jeans alot of times, skirts little less often.

I dress the same wa you would see a girl in 20's dress. Hey wait I am in my 20's :).

dress for the venue. If its a club I dress the same way you would see other 20's years would dress

Carly D.
04-07-2008, 09:51 AM
I'd rather be on this site because it deals more with crossdressing as a community rather than the far left transition with pictures and descriptions and all (YUCK)... as far as the question of are we trying too hard to look like a woman from the "dress like a woman" era that was whenever that was (women dress more like men now), I think crossdressing is a form of self expression (how many times have I said that?), and whatever you feel like wearing or however you want to present your self is up to you... I do dress in what I want to for "that" feeling.. what satisfies me...

jill s
04-07-2008, 09:55 AM
I see what you are saying. Many of us are older and the times we grew up in were very different. No shows on TV about gay, trans or anything else "weird". Until the late 60's and early 70's what really happened in life and what popular culture reflected were way out of step. I am almost 50 and when I picture women it is usually in an A-line dress and pumps, like Doris Day. Each generation has it's own flavor and style. If you go to the other big site, CDforume.com they are even more "old fashion". I personally try to welcome the new but must admit that I miss the hard rock days. Just remember someday a young CD dressed in a tinfoil with antennas will be laughing at you.

bgirl
04-07-2008, 10:07 AM
I watch women all the time to try to dress more natural when I go out. And yes, the things I like to wear would be the exception. A little dressy for the casual woman.
While having breakfast I noticed that almost all the women wore jeans or capris sandals or flip-flops and a few wore high heel boots under their jeans. Lots of college girls in sweats and sneakers. Tops were varied in taste and tunics and sweaters were common that day.
So I have clothes that women wear in the real world, that I wear when I go out and try to blend in. I also have clothes that suit my fantasy as well.

No your not too young to hang around this forum. I wish I had accepted myself and that these resources were available to us when I was younger.
Please stay around and share your adventures. We can envy you and join you vicariusly. And if us older girls are being a little to silly for you, relax and let the old women have their day!!! If they are happy, be happy for them.
If you are happy, I will be happy for you. I promise not to be judgemental.

Julie York
04-07-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm older than your mother.

If she 'dressed up' to go out....she'd probably dress more like me than you.

And yes maybe it does suck that there aren't that many young folk on the forum, but that's simply because it usually takes until middle age to a) Realise what you are. b) Dare to fully explore it.

Ana5551
04-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Hi there MM, I am 32 and I figure I am in the younger half of the demographic here. I dress as my mood fits. For example, right now it is a gorgeous spring morning, so I am wearing a khaki skirt, a yellow and white polka dot top, some thigh highs(love em), and white canvas flats. Sometimes I dress to impress, dress to blend in the handful of times I have gone out, but when we have our little parties at home and I know those who are coming are accepting, I go wild. The main thing is, your clothes are an expression of yourself, so don't worry about what everyone else is wearing, be your young beautiful self and have fun!!

MentalMercury
04-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Not trying to disrespect your styles, more like trying to find more people I identify with.

I loved the comment about the tinfoil CDs laughing at me.

KellyCD
04-07-2008, 10:27 AM
I'm right there with ya, when I dress most of the time it's just t-shirt, jeans and stuff. I'm only 25 and I too felt out of place here sometimes.

That's one of the reasons why I stopped posting for awhile.

Now don't get me wrong I do like to go all out; skirt, stockings heels and all that but 90% of the time it's just tight jeans and tight shirts and light make-up(except for my eyes I always go all out on them).

VikkiVixen7188
04-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Im 19. Send me a message sometime and we can talk about young ppl stuff.

jill s
04-07-2008, 10:32 AM
Glad you liked that. I think the idea that most of us hide and lie to our self about whats going on with us until we get older is pretty valid. I'm glad to see younger CD's . I think it's too bad teenagers with gender problems have nowhere to turn. The reality is anyone over 18 is at real risk even talking about it with a minor. I was really tortured by my urges as a teen and built an unhealthy attitude toward it that I still carry around. You are just out of teenhood how was it for you?

MentalMercury
04-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Just keep it in the thread if vikki, my purpose was to pull the younger people out of the hidey shadows and stuff

MentalMercury
04-07-2008, 10:38 AM
Glad you liked that. I think the idea that most of us hide and lie to our self about whats going on with us until we get older is pretty valid. I'm glad to see younger CD's . I think it's too bad teenagers with gender problems have nowhere to turn. The reality is anyone over 18 is at real risk even talking about it with a minor. I was really tortured by my urges as a teen and built an unhealthy attitude toward it that I still carry around. You are just out of teenhood how was it for you?

First person I told was my girlfriend at the time (when i was 17), she was not interested in it at all and we broke up soon after anyway (we already had problems), so I repressed it for a while, then gradually, slowly started accepting it as who I am, and it's made me very happy to find supportive friends and be able to be more open, baby steps, lots of baby steps. Now I probably own more girl clothes than guy clothes, hah

VikkiVixen7188
04-07-2008, 10:40 AM
O OK. My take on dressing is diferent than yours. I like to go all out with it when I do it. I use a lot of make up, and usually wear over the top stuff, like a pair of 8inch platform stillehttos. I like to be extreme most of the time. Im doing for myself so I try to just live it up. Sometimes though I just fo my nails, lipstick, and eyeliner, and wear a regular shirt and jeans, but thats not my usuall look.

CrossdressinGoth
04-07-2008, 11:51 AM
I myself am 22 and not sure with all the styles and stuff. I love wearing skirts and heels as much as I can. Im kinda like Mariah Carey, gotta wear heels with everything :P

It does stink not many around our age group are exploring or coming around here for whatever reasons they choose. It would be nice to have more in our age group to connect with but the others are great mentors too.

My style varies soo much. One day I may wear jeans, boots, t-shirt, the next week straight I might wear mini skirts with boots/heels, tight tops, etc... If I really had it my way, skirts, heels, all decked out makeup would be my "casual" dress. I like to try and attempt looking sexy, some see it as ****ty but its what I feel good in, which makes me have more confidence in myself so thats why I'll wear it more often

Vieja
04-07-2008, 12:02 PM
It's good to hear from the young folks but as an octogenarian I can only look back and wonder why hadn't I learned about my true nature way back when. Of course in those days there was no tolerance for people like us. There is still a lot of hate out there so we still need to be careful. I dress in a manner that makes me feel good which means dresses and such. I wear jeans in guy mode and it is a relief to get out of them when I dress. Makeup is sketchy because I am not very good at it. In the end it all comes down to doing what makes you happy.

Vieja

Marvina Martian
04-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Just keep it in the thread vikki, my purpose was to pull the younger people out of the hidey shadows and stuff

This is an excellent thought Miss Merc! ;)
I too try to get the younger side to show themselves. Even though I am 35 I still look like I am in my early 20's and still feel punk in my mind, just like I was when I was growing up. (I have always said "why grow up?")

I guess Sheena and I kind of break the rules on dressing our age :heehee:

Anyways, thanks for stirring the pot! :hugs:

~Seana~
04-07-2008, 01:20 PM
It all depends on your aim, and to a certain degree age, and what you are doing with your crossdressing. I fully understand those here who say "Dress your age" . It makes sense if you are going out on a regular basis to try and blend in, but frankly if you are dressing in private or with friends or lovers it's much less important to blend in so why not dress how it makes you happy.
I think also it depends on your sexual orientation and the interests of your partner as well. If your a gay male and your trying to impress your partner and he likes the ****ty look, you're more likely to emulate that style than if you are trying to fit in in everyday life. Then there's the age/build thing. At 39 with two 22 -24 year old partners( each who crossdress one ftm one mtf) I can totally relate to both sides. I recently gifted my housegirl/houseboi with a corset that I was simply never ever getting into again . But Housegirl looks hot in it:) When she's not in that though I'm more likely to have her in jeans than a miniskirt, first it's easier than shaving everyday and second we live in a public are, when our patio shades are up there's a sidewalk right by it so everyone gets a good view of our living room as they walk by. A Housegirl in jeans and a T lounging on the couch is likely to draw less attention than PVC and Corset housegirl kneeling at my feet.

Amanda
The Happy ****!

Tamara Croft
04-07-2008, 01:37 PM

I find this whole 'walking in heels/pantyhose' thing is a common theme here... in my eyes, its not very common for real women to be running around in heels and pantyhose. Maybe since I'm younger though (22) things are different, but I feel a distinct separation from most of this community.I agree, this is something many of the GG members talk about - the clothes - and the fact that we don't wear heels and pantyhose all the time, but dress more casual... but it does seem to be a common thing here, I really don't get it either, they are the most uncomfortable things to be wearing all day..

deja true
04-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Well Mercury, it turns out that there really are a lot of younger girls registered here, but they don't post often.

Afraid maybe. At school. In a dorm with roommates. Living at home with very little access time. Lots of reasons, I guess.

If you can get 'em to come out and play or talk, that would be great.

So, because of their silence, you're left listening to the older, braver ones. The ones wth more free time and less restrictive homelife.

We talk about what we know and what we like, and yes, hun, there's a lot of emphasis on blending in. But we've got to blend in as soccer moms and classy matrons, not college students or mall girls. Know what I mean?

We really, really want as many kinds and types and ages of 'girls' here as will come. We need your advice, too. And maybe some of ours will eventually come in handy for you, too.

Stay with us, dear one. If you want a younger outlook here, it's up to you and and the other young beauties to provide it.

Find 'em. Get 'em involved. We'll all benefit.

respect and love,

deja

Ya feel me, babygirl?

CrossdressinGoth
04-07-2008, 02:05 PM
I agree, this is something many of the GG members talk about - the clothes - and the fact that we don't wear heels and pantyhose all the time, but dress more casual... but it does seem to be a common thing here, I really don't get it either, they are the most uncomfortable things to be wearing all day..

Depending on the heel height, I can wear a 4" heel all day no problems, and pantyhose, not sure why but for some reason I never had a problem with them lol. I know a lot of people do, not starting anything if it seems, just merely stating that I noticed many times Im a strange one that actually loves the feel on pantyhose all day and I never get the irritating feelings that most get with them, not sure if its luck or just something else lol.

I do agree its a little odd that we have this common theme of wearing heels/pantyhose. Most gg's I know of dont like wearing that all the time. I've always wondered really why most of us think that wearing this stuff makes us more in the "crossdressing" world. For me on the other hand, I wear it because I like it. I used to always want to wear skirts, heels, hose and the more often Im dressing, the more I noticed Im moving slowly away from that too. Dont get me wrong, if an opportunity gets me to wear heels and hose, Im still all for it. Maybe the idea behind heels and hose being "strictly" for woman gives a feminine boost for others and thats why we wear it so much? Not sure, just my :2c: :)

CharleneT
04-07-2008, 02:16 PM
I agree with you on all the points. The best way to ensure that this board opens up to a wider age range is to stay and post messages. This board, like many of its sort, has many more lurkers than writers. If you speak out, especially about younger issues, then others will feel ok in joining in the discussion. Take a lead here and it will pay back in karmic "bucks", somehow, somewhere. If not imediately in a larger group of younger folks writing their opinions.

I too believe that the ladies here probably dress a bit too fancy, but many are trying to reach and ideal in their head and it was formed some years ago (most posters here are older). Talk about *your* ideal and lets see how people react ? I dress pretty casual myself, even though I am as old as dirt. I just went out to a bar, first time in public really, and I did over dress... I thought I would be fine and I was - just a bit more dressed than the rest. Next time there, will be better and more appropriate. Now, it is worth noting, I didn't know much about the age range going to this place and just miss-guessed.

I like your picture ;-)

Charlene
p.s. -chan boards with too much nudity ???? do TELL :devil:

paulaluvssz8
04-07-2008, 02:31 PM
I dress in what ever mood I'm in. Today I dressed in a pair of Capri's and a knit top. Flats and just the wig. No make-up at all. Just what ever the mood and what time will allow. Just dress however you feel. :hugs:

tommi
04-07-2008, 02:38 PM
For myself being married and shoved in the back of my closet if Tommi gets dress up time she wants to doll up the whole way.
But I do agree if I get multipule days in a row ( maybe once a year)
I do put on some girls jeans and a tee nothing wrong withit.
Great thread by the way and I'll be 40 the end of May.

Wendy me
04-07-2008, 02:45 PM
MentalMercury i don't like the pantyhose unless it's cold me i am 50 years young and dress younger than my age i like jeans and tee's younger things but for the most part know when i am over what works on me ... your dressing should be your style what looks good on you and fits in with were and what your doing ... but don't get me wrong i love skirts of all lengths and dresses too .... i love my heels don't even own a pair of flats....

what you like is a good thingy enjoy play around with things and remember have fun that's what this is all abought.........

Raquelle C
04-07-2008, 02:52 PM
Hey Mercury, I am 26 and have been posting regularly on this forum for a little while now. I think it is a great serene place that doesn't judge by age or anything else. When I do get time to dress, I dress from casual to dressy in heels, a skirt, top, forms and sometimes even a dress. I rarely wear panty hose anymore, since I've been shaving regularly I prefer the feeling of silk soft legs. I am crazy about skirts and have an assortment from denim to dressy. It is all about what mood your in. Sometimes I like to dress to the nines with hair, makeup and all, other times it's just a casual comfy outfit to lounge around in.

Nicole Erin
04-07-2008, 03:00 PM
I don't know if age has much to do with it, we have a huge diversity of styles. Of little correlation is the age.

Myself, I tend to dress like a 40 something church lady. [yes I know bleh!, and way different than the sloppy male style I have]

Basically you have to find either the look you are happy with OR the one that works best for you.

Our styles are different but most here are CD's nonetheless.

Joy Carter
04-07-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm fifty eight. You really don't want me dressing, like I'm twenty two do you ?
"Each to his/her own."

DeeDeeB
04-07-2008, 03:24 PM
One of my favorite things about this forum is the wide variety of ages and styles expressed. You learn most from those with a different opinion and experience.

I went to school in the 50s and we had a strict dress code. Slacks for boys (no blue jeans) and skirts or dresses for girls - hem within 1 inch of the knee. I watched as women took the right to wear slacks, and I heartily supported them, as I do now. I do, however, miss seeing women in skirts every day. Often the only time I see anyone in a skirt any more is when I'm shopping for a new dress. So my tendency is to dress as they did in the 50s. I also have slacks, jeans, t-shirts, flats and the like, and I wear whatever is comfortable for me at the time. (mostly in the closet)

We're all equals here, so hang in there and enjoy.

Dee :doll:

srinn
04-07-2008, 03:38 PM
I gotta agree, I don't feel in place here either. Most of the threads and posts I find rather boring because I have so little experience in crossdressing and there's not much I could say. I hope that when I'm older I will have the courage to do things outside and have some experience. But I still have time, I turned 21 couple days ago and im feeling kinda old already lol.

erinlove
04-07-2008, 03:49 PM
hey i feel the same way about this web site its hard to connect with the other girls on this site just because of age i my self am 23 and last saturday was the first time ever for me to go shopping for my self my friend she dint really no what i should buy and its been hard trying to find help on this site what are some good tips for a young girl to buy. when i bot my stuff and tried it on and most of it dint fit well and i just felt ugly.

First person I told was my girlfriend at the time (when i was 17), she was not interested in it at all and we broke up soon after anyway (we already had problems), so I repressed it for a while, then gradually, slowly started accepting it as who I am, and it's made me very happy to find supportive friends and be able to be more open, baby steps, lots of baby steps. Now I probably own more girl clothes than guy clothes, hah

tina jayne
04-07-2008, 04:03 PM
hi the way i see it if you look at woman and what they wear its easy you hardley see women walking down the street doing there shopping in heels and short skirts that is the sort of thing they might noticed i said might wear on a saturday night. and thats the key i think to look good and pass as a woman

erinlove
04-07-2008, 04:22 PM
is there a spot on this site for younger girls to talk and to get help for each other. and if there is not one on hear why not i think girls are coming out at a younger age now just because the world is opening up a little more and its coming a little easyer to come out

VikkiVixen7188
04-07-2008, 04:40 PM
OOO Amanda can I come party at your place?!!? LOL sorry, you just described a fantasy of mine, I would like to dress up for a woman (genitic or cd) and serve her, that would be so coolies!!

Anyways I got sidetracked a little lol. I did do a demographic poll a while ago and it is true that most people on this forum are around 40 if I remember right. Us youngins are still around though!!
:hugs:

cindybarnes
04-07-2008, 04:58 PM
I think its kinda refreshing to see "younger" Cd's posting,,younger is a relative term anyway but Im sure most of us not- so -younger CD's would have LOVED to have this forum 25 years ago !
Heck its hard enough to go through the motions to try and hide your gender ,makeup , wigs etc... but not many can hide their age LOL when out at clubs I have always been the casual one ,,or maybe just comfortable :)

Cindy

Linda C
04-07-2008, 05:02 PM
OK I retract - go about you biz - have fun

Sam-antha
04-07-2008, 05:09 PM
Everyone seems to try and look like a secretary or some business woman.

I don't

~Samm

Deborah Jane
04-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Everyone seems to try and look like a secretary or some business woman.

I don,t normally...I tend to dress like a ****!!:D

I wish this place had been around when i was your age, it would have saved me a lot of crap!!!

~Seana~
04-07-2008, 06:22 PM
OOO Amanda can I come party at your place?!!? LOL sorry, you just described a fantasy of mine, I would like to dress up for a woman (genitic or cd) and serve her, that would be so coolies!!

Anyways I got sidetracked a little lol. I did do a demographic poll a while ago and it is true that most people on this forum are around 40 if I remember right. Us youngins are still around though!!
:hugs:

Oh I adore having housegirls over to play. Strangely I think housegirl has only ever seen me dressed in pictures though that's just the relationship I have with that particular sub.But certainly you can come over.....just umm wear your woolen panties it's a tad cool up here still in Canada.

To keep things ontopic though, I'm not sure why there arent more younger folks on here. They are certainly out there, but as the original poster said they tend to gravitate more towards the Furry/AniMe/Cosplay boards for some reason. I think it might be they just arent comfortable enough with it.There is alot of societal pressure to conform and it takes time for people to come to grasps with it. I know when I post a personal I get literally a TON of replies from the 19-26 age bracket but just TRY and figure out where they hang out.Near as I can tell the cosplay/manga /anime furry boards give some comfort of anonymity that coming out to a CD board cant/doesnt provide.
I make no mistake of my BDSM interests but we had a similar issue in our local community a few years ago. The young folks didnt feel comfortable coming out around the geezers when they were discussing their innermost thoughts on kink but they were DEF INITELY lurking. We gave them their own forum and they shortly became a significant part of our little world and that's a good thing, because without new blood communities die.

Amanda
The happy ****

Tamara Croft
04-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Depending on the heel height, I can wear a 4" heel all day no problems, and pantyhose, not sure why but for some reason I never had a problem with them lol. I know a lot of people do, not starting anything if it seems, just merely stating that I noticed many times Im a strange one that actually loves the feel on pantyhose all day and I never get the irritating feelings that most get with them, not sure if its luck or just something else lol.Oh that height heel is no problem :tongueout it's those huge 8 inch heels many brag about walking in them all day lol.... ok then... :heehee: I think the tights (you call them pantyhose) issue stems back from being a child, when one was made to wear them for school, constantly pulling the damn things up, because they'd fall down... annoying to say the least... and itchy :OMG: did those things itch!!! I think that is enough to put anyone off wearing them.... now, about stockings :bs: I like those... holdups... sexy :daydreaming:

CharleneT
04-07-2008, 06:33 PM
This thread is working really... several quiet folks have come to talk about being young on this board. So, get some threads going about your issues ...if us "old as dirt" folks can help, we will. But most importantly you can learn from each other about what works for your problems.

Srinn -- try going to Goodwill or a consignment shop or your local equivalent of those. Try on a pile of clothes and you'll start to see which sizes work for you. Different companies make the same "size" different... frustrating, but you'll get the hang of it !

TGMarla
04-07-2008, 06:35 PM
You know, MM, CDing is what you make of it. When I was your age (geez, I can't believe I just said that!) women often wore dresses, high heels, and pantyhose. I found that I enjoyed wearing these things, too. If I were, shall we say, younger, I'd likely approach crossdressing much the way you do. So you see, we're not all that different. We both like wearing women's clothing and emulating women. We just use different gear, that's all. You don't have to join in with all the "walking in pantyhose & heels" talk to relate to others. Start your own threads if you want to, and I'll bet you get a sizable response. It's just that many of us love wearing hosiery and dresses and stuff. But a lot probably don't as well.

jessielee
04-07-2008, 07:06 PM
dear Mercury,
i hear you!
suspect that for many of us, dressing is so very special and sensuous that every occasion is a special one! where in the the real world, stockings, heels and a dress are fairly infrequent, at least with my SO. jeans and sweaters and comfortable sensible clothes.
my dear, i feel i will be success at dressing when i can someday go out in regular everyday clothes like that. to not draw attention, of course, but mostly because its real and what real genetic women wear. not being in the fashion industry!
i've been really impressed by ski fashions on the slopes of late.
i can do that, i think, hope to.
so glad you're here and pitching a practical, down to earth thread!
hope to hear much more from you!
and, i join with those who applaud you for finding your expression at this flowering stage in your life.
wish i had...
hugs,
jessie

danielle_from_cal
04-07-2008, 07:46 PM
You are absolutely right. I am about 25 years older than you and I can assure you that my preference is to dress casually, yet femininely. I prefer not to wear a lot of eye shadow or blush at any time. And I like just dressing in a T-shirt and jeans most of the time. I guess that I have never posted photos like that for some reason. I am not sure why. I look about the same, just in drabber clothes. The times that I have gone out in public dressed, I have worn attire that is "middle of the road". Nothing fancy. I had no desire to be noticed.

Anyway, I do not think that you are too young to be here. Many of us "old" people dress casually too.

Keep your photos coming!

VikkiVixen7188
04-07-2008, 07:47 PM
So I been paying attention for a little while, and I have this hypthesis:

Some of dress like the girl we want to be, and others of us dress like the girl we want to be with?

Would that be accurate or am I just over thinking stuff again?

Perhaps we need a section for the younger ppls?

MentalMercury
04-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Vikki

I'd say both actually, to answer your question.

It is fun to dress up in different ways, I just see a predominant trend that I don't identify with, that's all I'm really trying to say here, I don't think its wrong at all, just that I see so much of that and not much of anything else, younger people getting involved.

I see this thread diverging into two distinct directions, younger people speaking up, and older people defending their style (for the most part). I guess yeah my original post seems critical but I was really just trying to focus on the lack of young, liked-minded individuals posting. It's nice to see different styles that what I have normally seen. Like hearing about you (vikki) dressing in 8 inch heels which im sure are connected to thigh high "hooker boots" and things like that. Stopping here at the risk of being long-winded, cheers :drink:

VikkiVixen7188
04-07-2008, 08:31 PM
http://www.imvu.com/outfits/index.php?just_this_user=21148177

IMVU is a online virtual reality chat messenger its pretty cool, look into it at
IMVU.com . These are my outfits, and I base my avatar on what I would liek to look like if I was female. ENJOY!!

ChastityInFemme
04-07-2008, 08:38 PM
if i was physically able to dress, i'd be right there with you MM. unfortunately i'm a quadriplegic and stuck in a wheelchair...BUT i'm 21 and understand what you're saying. if i were to dress to go out and about, i'd dress much like a lot of the girls i hang around.

Megan (VA)
04-07-2008, 08:45 PM
I am 35 and I too have had some trouble relating to some of the things posted here. But then I remember that for many here, dressing in women's clothing is something done not too often, so when there is a chance it is a chance to live it up.

I love feminine finery as much as many other women do but the more I began to present as a woman in public the more I began to recognize the value of slacks over skirts, knee-highs over thigh-highs and flats over heels.

But I love it when an occasion presents itself that allows me to doll up a little bit more:)

MentalMercury
04-07-2008, 08:51 PM
ha! that's awesome Vikki, I particularly like the first 3 and the last one, though I'd never pull off that last one because of the lack of real boobage. Reminds me of another one you might like, meez.com. You can do the same thing. I would post the one that I made that looks just like me but I lost it.

mike47
04-07-2008, 08:54 PM
I would have loved to come with this at such a young age. For me I feel that you are the lucky one. I would like it if you would stick around and tell us all your stories and give us some pictures. It would be nice not to work so hard to look somewhat decent.

NicoleScott
04-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Wow, to have had a site like this when I was your age, and younger. Many cd's my age dared not to share with anyone our passion to dress, for fear of all kinds of labeling, punishment, and trips to shrinks to rid us of this affliction.
We dealt with it all, including the guilt, internally. Until, that is, we discovered that there were a lot (A LOT!) of others like us.
Most cd's who post here do not share my preferred style of dress and makeup. I love the very high heels, heavy makeup, short skirts, etc. and there are others that do, too. We enjoy sharing our femme side as we know it and enjoy reading the posts of others like us. There are, likewise, others like you, and you stand a much better chance of finding them than I did at your age.
We don't have to agree on everything in order to be part of the community. In a world that's slow to accept us, let's allow the thing we have in common to find friendship and acceptance, even if, for now, just among ourselves.

gretchen_love
04-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Hey I would have posted to this, but haven't been on in a while. The whole college thing and all. Anyway, I can agree with your posts, and empathize with you. I like dressing just like the girls at school, which is mainly jeans a tshirt or even a miniskirt and some cute shoes. It's a little hard to dress here, but I make do when I can. In drab I am more punk/goth, and like trying different styles in girl clothes. So I've got everything from goth to working woman's clothes. If only there was a college for girls like us...

TxKimberly
04-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Yes and no. I do try to dress as appropriate, but I have a couple of priorities to juggle. Yes, I want to pass, and passing means you need to dress in a way that does not stand out too far.
On the other hand, what would be the point of being a crossdresser if you cant wear things that you feel are beautiful? Whats the point of being out in the world and passing, if I have to dress more as a boy does?
So I suppose a dress a bit more "dressy" than most woman would, but I don't think I take it too far to the point where I stand out like a sore thumb. Damn . . . at least I hope not! lol

deja true
04-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Gretchen, dearest, and all the other pretty young things...

There is a whole world these days for girls like you...

Something that the rest of us didn't have.

Enjoy it, and tell us about it. We can share in your new freedom and bravery.

respect & love, for all of us,young and old,

deja

obsessedwithpantyhose
04-07-2008, 09:35 PM
i wear what i like to wear :D

and its the same attitude for the GGs out there sadly its also WHY we dont see GGs in skirts pantyhose and heels everyday.......:2c:

Kris
04-07-2008, 10:33 PM
I'm fifty eight. You really don't want me dressing, like I'm twenty two do you ?
"Each to his/her own."

And why the heck not??

Who says that you can't age and be sexy at the same time??

;)

Kris

UASIANGAL
04-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Oh wow, this thread is very popular and I love reading all the comments. Everyone is right on. To me age is not a matter of body but a state of my mind. I don't bother telling my age so I can project how I feel or want to feel. If I feel like a 12yr old, I can dress up that way or if I want to look like a soccer mom, I can pull that off, but a sexy one! Only thing I like to contribute here is that fashion varies from location to location. Pantyhose, I see them in Asia all the time... on GG! But nude is more the trend and pantyhose are an older style. Color stockings or tights are the only exception. Just look at Fashion Week starting in Milan or Paris. I don't dress up often but when I do, I just want to create a look that I admire or find sexy. SO true, some of us dress to like the girl that turns us on. What we show to everyone would be a matter of taste, and thus, we have the fashion police in this forum. I love to see more young members post and start a thread. I can relate and if not, I like to try and understand!

TSchapes
04-07-2008, 11:13 PM
For me I would love nothing more than to pinch my cheeks throw on wig and walk out the door. But at 6'4" 207lbs, age 54, ahh, not going to happen.:o

So for us stay at home gals, we tend to live in a kinda fantasy world. Acting out various classic costumes (French maid btw is the number one fantasy costume on this board) and scenes we would have loved to have experienced when we were younger. Because when we were younger, you either got the snot beat out of you, or you were arrested for what we do.

I hope you can connect with some of the other younger gals here. I'm happy to see attitudes changing in the world. But we've still got a ways to go. We're still trying to get nondiscriminatory rights established for the TG community at the company where I work. So, keep in mind there are a lot of different crossdressers here and one size does not fit all.

Love, Tracy

Dalece
04-07-2008, 11:17 PM
Mercury, Let you know some of us are older and thats the way we are. But it is refreshing to have a younger gurl like you here with us it is that we are family here ane when we are gone. it is nice to have someone like you to carry on. It may be you that would change things around to where we can go in the world unafraid. Age has wisdom, and may we pass it on to you. But dress for you at your age. I'd love to see pics of you and makes me feel My gosh I wish I did that at that age or wish I was that age. Just be a Sister with us:love::hugs:

Sallee
04-07-2008, 11:26 PM
I can understand where you are coming from When I go out I dress down a lot that means jeans sneakers fem blouse but I am dressing to blend. don't get me wrong high heels are great but they do hurt after a night of clubbing. I guess it depends on the situation and the location.
Great post I agree that the transitioning T's tend to take over from us casual weekend warriors.

rhonda jane
04-07-2008, 11:38 PM
MM,
People and styles change with the times. Although I'm not THAT old, it makes me think of the old women who go to the mall and hang out together. I guess they do it because they have things in common and can relate. It's the same here in many ways; so I agree with you. BUT the older girls are always easier to talk with than others. I guess experience has benefits for those who don't have it. Don't worry about blending in here. We'll help when we can. Someday you will find that the way you dress isn't "in" anymore. Don't let it worry you. We can all be friends because we DO have things and feelings in common.

Raquel June
04-08-2008, 01:18 AM
Well, I'm 30 and I find it odd that so many CDs are significantly older than I am. It's not that odd, though.

I find this whole 'walking in heels/pantyhose' thing is a common theme here

Well, nobody's gonna start a thread on walking in Nikes, are they? I don't know that this really speaks to how often CDs wear heels. A lot of CDs seem to have a real pantyhose fetish, but if you look at those threads, you'll see many don't. I wear tights sometimes and stockings sometimes, but I never wear pantyhose.

To me, casual crossdressing is jeans, boots, girly band tee

That's fine, but you're talking about a pretty specific high school look for kids who shop at Hot Topic. Knee-high boots aren't really all that casual, and most people like to dress better than a T-shirt even at a casual bar.

Mascara isn't casual, either. You're definitely talking about a goth/punk look, which is cool, but it's still not the way the "average" girl in her 20's dresses.

So that's understandable that you wanna dress like the girls you like to hang around with. I personally try to go a tad goth-ish a lot of times, and I wear boots much more often than heels (and when I wear heels it's usually chunky baby-dollish heels). It's probably a little more age appropriate for younger CDs than stilettos.

I guess my point is that you're still not talking about average every-day girl clothes. Yes, the average girl doesn't wear heels and pantyhose. But the average girl doesn't wear a band T-shirt and boots, either. And the average girl definitely doesn't dress like superhero or Japanese school girl. If you wanna go average, you'll probably be wearing jeans -- average jeans, not cute tight spandex flared ones, and a pretty boring top. That's not so much fun, is it?

Anyone else like me out there who looks at alot of these threads and goes "whut?"

Well, sure. You just have to accept that a lot of CDs are older than we are, and a lot of CDs are married. They tend to obsess on things that we may not find all that interesting.

I mean, I'm single and live alone. I've got girl stuff lying around everywhere. I wouldn't get the slightest thrill from wearing panties under my clothes at work -- I think that would be kinda silly. But I get to have girl stuff strewn all over my apartment, and I get to dress however I want and go out whenever I want. If I was in the position of many of these CDs, maybe I would find myself wearing pantyhose around the house and wishing I could go to a club en femme. Ya gotta have some kind of outlet.

Sticking to the -chan boards...

Goodness, girl. If you're coming from the anime furry sod-fest crowd, I ... well ... nevermind.

I like anime. I have a minor in Japanese. I'd love to look like a lot of anime chicks. But those cosplay ppl get creepy fast, and worse have social skills and a maturity level lower than any community I can think of. Maybe it's just that I accidentlly clicked on that Yiffing link one time...

Anyway, I'm actually just playing a little devil's advocate. It's hard for me to find CDs my age that I have anything in common with. The ones that I do find are either obsessed with transitioning, or they're hardcore about just trying to hook up. I've met very few people who seem to get much fun out of it like I do.

I mean, I've got plenty problems... Bad relationships, bad parents, depression, social disphoria, gender disphoria, whatever... but CDing is fun. It's just hard to find normal people to share with.

GINA-CD
04-08-2008, 01:38 AM
I gotta agree, I don't feel in place here either. Most of the threads and posts I find rather boring because I have so little experience in crossdressing and there's not much I could say. I hope that when I'm older I will have the courage to do things outside and have some experience. But I still have time, I turned 21 couple days ago and im feeling kinda old already lol.

Srinn,
Please, and I bet everyone in here above 35... ok 38 will agree with me, ENJOY THOSE YEARS, YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO WASTE!.

I guess many of us remember when we discovered this or found that we were different. Time was on our side, but many other facts weren't. Today I'm 36 and I look in my mid 20's and I wish every day I started doing what I'm doing today back then. This might sound like your granny's advise, but time flies and it never comes back.... NEVER!

If you're planning on doing something, do it today because that's the perfect moment to do it... tomorrow might be too late. Remember that I'm 36 and I look younger, but I'm not and my body keeps reminding me that all the time. Yellow top to show my belly today? No way, maybe 10 years ago and it's not because I dare not wear it.. it's because it doesn't look "good" on me, no matter how hard I try to match it with jeans or capris or khaki skirts.

Please do what some of us didn't do when it was the time, enjoy your femme side to the top. Yeah, I know I sound like "old" but I just had 3/4 of a good bottle of red wine and I'm feeling somewhat sentimental....

Joann0830
04-08-2008, 01:39 AM
thank you for your post . and i must say that if i had the courage to come out at your age i would dress like you too. @ 47 i can't get away with that look . but i like trying to look classy when i can. but for the most part i too dress in blue jeans t-shirts little to no makeup for my day to day travels .

As my Good friend MJ stated its nice when you are young but when you get older you try to look classy and also I do not dres in skirts and heels when I am casual I am casual with sandals or pumps and my favorite stretch black pants and casual blouses and only my earrings and my watch and little or no makeup. Nice Post but please understand at 59 I need a little help. Joann0830:battingeyelashes:

GINA-CD
04-08-2008, 02:04 AM
MM, you know what? you make way too much sense for a 22 yo girl.... wish I was that clever at your age. maybe if I had been that brilliant I would have dressed openly since then... guess I wasn't.

But, each one has to cope with his/her decisions and some of us decided for one reason or another to not dress at your age or many years after that... call it knowledge, courage or stupidity, but we didn't and now we deal with that the best way we can. Can't blame us for trying, can you?

RikkiOfLA
04-08-2008, 03:41 AM
Great thread, MM!

Like you, I have to admit that I can't relate to a lot of the things posted here. But it's not because I'm young and don't get to dress a lot of the time. Truth is, I'm 59, retired, and with a totally accepting SO and my own home, I can dress any way I feel like, all the time. (So there!:tongueout) :heehee:

The truth is, I think, that we CDs are such a diverse community, that none of us is going to relate to all the posts we read. And that's fine. Read and respond to what you relate to. And wade through the rest.

Jeans? MY SO wears jeans ALL the time. She recently told me she doesn't want me wearing jeans all the time, trying to look like her, she said. Look like her? I'm just trying to be practical, to wear something that can take me from out to lunch to grocery shopping to cleaning toilets. Oh yeah, throw the occasional night club or movie in there too. Without five costume changes a day! So I wear jeans/casual clothes a lot too.

Recently started a thread about how hard it is to wear women's jeans when you're middle aged and heavy. Even at my age and weight, women wear their jeans fairly tight. Not the skintight sk8r look, thankfully. Men's jeans just don't get the look. And most women's jeans, the ones that will fit my waist, are HUGE in the hips and thighs. I finally found some that fit, bought several pair, and wore them daily for weeks. Then I got tired of them, LOL, for a few weeks. So it goes.

Our friend Devonne, who is our age, single, and dresses the most edgy for anyone our age, says she likes me best in jeans and sweaters. That's easy to carry off. Add the liquid eyeliner in the eye (needs the skill of a surgeon to apply, LOL) and four hours daily of haircare (and $20 daily worth of hair products) like she does, to pull off the look.

Band t shirts? When you're size 24?? LOL! The only tshirts with writing on them that would fit me are advertising beer, truck manufacturers, or screaming "I'M HAVING YOUR BOYFRIEND'S BABY!" And at age 59, I ain't going there, that's for sure!

We all do the best we can, with what we've got. No rules. That's the beauty of our wonderfully diverse CD world!

Blessings,
Rikki

tamarav
04-08-2008, 08:54 AM
Honey,
You are so fortunate to have discovered this avenue at such a young age. Believe it or not, many of us were in your platforms at your age and wondered exactly the same thing, but we didn't have this forum to bring us together. Many of us have been at it for a long time and almost come to tears hearing from you youngsters.

Many of us thought we were totally alone in our feminine world and the Internet has helped us discover that the evolution continues. Even though I work as a hair stylist and meet many young people daily, I have yet to discover one that thought what we do as too far out there. You are a much more forgiving generation than those in the past.

As a grandfather at 60, I do have a distinct love for the younger years and try to hold onto them as much as possible, realizing that time is taking its toll. Relish your years and discover as much as you can and help anyone that you encounter along this road.

Your granny,

Tami

joselyn318
04-08-2008, 01:36 PM

I find this whole 'walking in heels/pantyhose' thing is a common theme here... in my eyes, its not very common for real women to be running around in heels and pantyhose. Maybe since I'm younger though (22) things are different, but I feel a distinct separation from most of this community.

To me, casual crossdressing is jeans, boots, girly band tee, hairstyle, eyeliner, mascara, little cover up for beard stuff. And the club/dressy type stuff would be skirt, corset, again boots, fishnets, more makeup than I would for a casual look. You know.. just like other real women I see. Am I one of the only ones approaching it this way? Everyone seems to try and look like a secretary or some business woman.

Anyone else like me out there who looks at alot of these threads and goes "whut?". Sticking to the -chan boards (for the younger age group) is getting stagnant and I'm personally getting sick of all the nudity they post there and the fact that straight up transitioning/transitioned TGs have conquored control over casual/general crossdressing discussion.

I share pretty much the same thoughts. I am 25 and the majority of fashion topics discussed on here pertain to a much older generation. IMHO, heels and pantyhose have not been in fashion for the younger generation in ages. Nobody, around my age wears pencil skirts and blouses with pantyhose and high heels. This is not an insult, but I just wish there was a place for younger cd's could talk on here about current casual fashion.

gretchen_love
04-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Why don't we start one...even if it just starts as a thread, we can talk about issues for us younger girls that need tips on how to start, where to shop, places to go, things like that....

crusadergirl
04-08-2008, 03:14 PM
I'm at the young age of 27 and sometimes i feel alittle out of place here. Mainly b/c i'm still pretty new to all the girls fashion thing. I didn't grow as a girl so i don't relate to well with others, b/c they know way more about this stuff then i do. As for wearing heels i like the look but i can't wear them everyday. It takes time to get use to wearing girl clothes when your not use to it. Recquel said it best i understood what she was saying better then then some of the other girls on here. And i was never hiding i post on the treads i like are have something to say on that subject.

MentalMercury
04-08-2008, 03:24 PM
I share pretty much the same thoughts. I am 25 and the majority of fashion topics discussed on here pertain to a much older generation. IMHO, heels and pantyhose have not been in fashion for the younger generation in ages. Nobody, around my age wears pencil skirts and blouses with pantyhose and high heels. This is not an insult, but I just wish there was a place for younger cd's could talk on here about current casual fashion.

This person understands why I made this post in the first place. There is a group of us who don't quite fit in with the majority of this site, and had I not made this thread, this person would have continued to feel out of place like me probably. I didn't mean for it to turn into people trying to defend themselves left and right. I didn't attack you, I just don't identify with your style. And for those of you who are in the same boat, thanks for making yourselves known.

MentalMercury
04-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Why don't we start one...even if it just starts as a thread, we can talk about issues for us younger girls that need tips on how to start, where to shop, places to go, things like that....

I see lots of misguided younger people than myself on the -chan boards who could use this sort of thing.. and if it existed here, I would link to it on those boards and bring them here. Also it would be great for like-minded younger people to know where you can go to express yourself like that, get togethers, events, parties, etc.

Also I'm a noob to this forum, not sure how to appeal to the mods for this sort of thing.

Ayame
04-08-2008, 03:57 PM
If one of those started that would be great because its hard to talk about what I like to wear or whats going on because I have more of a gothy kind of look when cross dressing and most people are older or talk about things like their kids and stuff. Which there is nothing wrong with but it would be better to talk to people who are around my age who understand what I'm going through.

Raquel June
04-08-2008, 04:01 PM
IMHO, heels and pantyhose have not been in fashion for the younger generation in ages.

That's simply not true. Just because heels aren't casual doesn't mean they're not in fashion. Do you work in any kind of a professional environment? What kind of shoes do girls in their early to mid 20's wear?

I work in a rather casual professional business environment. Girls who don't have to wear anti-static shoes usually wear high heels. Even if they're wearing capris or nice jeans. Even if they're 22 and just finished college. Even if they're 20 and an intern. I'm talking about very attractive girls who want to look nice and be taken seriously, not dress like some high school kid with an attitude problem.

Seriously, there's a large area between sloppy-casual girl in a T-shirt and super-formal business girl with a blazer and skirt. That area is mostly filled by girls who wear nice shoes. That often means heels.

What kind of shoes do you think girls in their mid 20's wear during the day and/or to social events?

TSchapes
04-08-2008, 04:04 PM
This person understands why I made this post in the first place. There is a group of us who don't quite fit in with the majority of this site, and had I not made this thread, this person would have continued to feel out of place like me probably. I didn't mean for it to turn into people trying to defend themselves left and right. I didn't attack you, I just don't identify with your style. And for those of you who are in the same boat, thanks for making yourselves known.

Maybe we need to do a better job of listening to the younger gals here and try to understand what their needs and desires are. I've read the posts here and even though some of the posts sound a bit defensive, I think us older gals were just trying to let you know where we're coming from.

Some of the defensiveness comes from envy in that when we were your age things were really different. In the 1970's and 80's the only way to find like minded individuals was to go to a porno shop and find magazines that had ads for social clubs. And if those social clubs weren't in your area, you had to drive sometimes hundred of miles to get to one of their meetings. All purchases were either in drab, with a lot a flack or mail order w. snail mail. There were rip-off companies that showed you some wonderful breast forms only to deliver crap. And they new since you didn't want your little secret known, they didn't have to cater to your complaints.

Now I'm not telling you this to make you feel sorry for us, just to understand what trials and tribulations we've had to go through and where some of this defensiveness comes from.

Like good parents we've always wanted things to be better for our children, and you are our children and I'm so glad that you don't have to go through all the B***Sh** we did. So please stay and engage us, we need to learn from you too!

Love, Tracy

LizSummers
04-08-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm 24, and I've been lurking on these boards for a long, long time! The past 3-4 years, I think! I'm still trying to find my style - I started off when I was 18 - very goth/fetishy stuff but I'm branching out now - I think mostly with office-type wear. In an ideal world, I'd go around dressed in a skirt and heels all the time, though drab from the waist up. At home, though, it's wigs and breastforms, stockings and skirts when the mood strikes me :)

I've felt out of place here myself - I suppose it's been difficult for me to connect with the older generation of CDs here, for whatever reason. It's good to see that there's actually a younger crowd out there (in here!) - makes me feel a lot less alone :)

fay
04-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Go for it! A Y(oung)MTF board alongside this one. Why not if others approve? :)

I'm think it's 'each to his own' in terms of what you wish to look like or emulate...personally I like TS Alexis Saige and the pink/black colour combo etc. so I have one pair of 3.5" heel boots in those colours but that's it as far as heels go. I just want to be comfortable mentally and physically with what I'm wearing.

Some of us are interested in younger person's fashion because we're interested in fashion in general.

Rachel in pantyhose
04-08-2008, 05:33 PM
All we want is that people should let us dress however we want! No body should tell us how to dress. So young girl just dress the way you want to.

MJ
04-08-2008, 05:47 PM
well why don't you post some pictures and i am sure the younger girls will do the same . i hope i don't offend but hey i have no idea what the younger girls wear . you can teach me .

Julie York
04-08-2008, 05:54 PM

Ah pervert heaven.

Are you ready for the PMs you might get?

I heartilly approve of your need, and intentions. But I think it wise to stay close to the old crinklies.

LizSummers
04-08-2008, 06:18 PM
I see lots of misguided younger people than myself on the -chan boards who could use this sort of thing.. and if it existed here, I would link to it on those boards and bring them here. Also it would be great for like-minded younger people to know where you can go to express yourself like that, get togethers, events, parties, etc.

Also I'm a noob to this forum, not sure how to appeal to the mods for this sort of thing.

I completely agree! I'd love a place where I could befriend some similar-aged CDs to talk with about stuff :) And get some better outfit ideas!!! :D

Kayla Shadows
04-08-2008, 06:28 PM
I dont have a lot of clothes yet but I dont think Ive grown up yet,lol.Regular wear I could se jeans,boots and a cool band tee.For clubbing Im kinda into skirts,knee high boots and a cool top to go with it.The style I lean towards is more of a gothic look.

LizSummers
04-08-2008, 06:33 PM
I'm unlucky enough to be incredibly hairy all over :/
I will de-hair my legs fairly frequently, but I'm quite happy with the rest of it on my arms, chest, etc. (but not the face!) So when I do dress up, I need something that'll at least cover my arms - but then, I think I look ridiculous with even a knee-length skirt and full-length sleeves :S
I hadn't thought about girly jeans at all...

MentalMercury
04-08-2008, 06:34 PM

Ah pervert heaven.

Are you ready for the PMs you might get?

I heartilly approve of your need, and intentions. But I think it wise to stay close to the old crinklies.

We grew up with the internet for the most part and can handle our own safety. You think the chan boards are any better? People like me have to wade through the TS camwhoring posts to get any serious talk done, a board for young people or new starters would be an upgrade for sure, so can anyone answer then, how does one appeal to the mods for the creation of such a board?

renee99
04-08-2008, 07:08 PM
We grew up with the internet for the most part and can handle our own safety. You think the chan boards are any better? People like me have to wade through the TS camwhoring posts to get any serious talk done, a board for young people or new starters would be an upgrade for sure, so can anyone answer then, how does one appeal to the mods for the creation of such a board?

Well, there are legal concerns thanks to "MySpace" and kiddie porn laws recently passed.

shirley1
04-08-2008, 07:36 PM
i dont really get where your coming from personally - i am a fair bit older than you but i dont think my interest in what to wear dressed has changed since i was 18 to be honest i still look at what young ggs here in britain are wearing ie tight jeans short denim skirts flat boots heeled boots strappy tops t shirts in fact if i was 18 now my taste wouldnt be any different to what it is now i defy ageism and i dont fall into any age bracket male or female i dress how i want - dont tar everyone with the same brush i'm 40 goin on 25 so what !

gretchen_love
04-08-2008, 08:56 PM
I think sticking to the older ladies here is a great idea, but I think also that younger girls wear different things that the older ones (obvious really). I personally have clothes from work attire to casual jeans and cute shirts...also love skirts of all lengths and heels of all heights, so there goes the whole thing about younger girls not wearing heels!!!

Stormgirl
04-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Is 29 young or am I too old for you all now?

Ibuki_Warpetal
04-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Maybe it's just where you live, but in my neck of the continent heels are very popular. Hoseiry is also common.
Maybe it's because of the weather.
Maybe it's because it's stylish.
Maybe girls just like to feel sexy in different ways.
I don't know. I just know what I like and I like a wide variety of things. I'm sure the average girl my age is the same way, as well are most people.
--
While I do feel out of place at this forum as I am not in the majority age range, I'm not sure what a new sub-forum would do to help that. I don't think it would be fair to exclude the majority of users for the sake of a few, and if anyone could have their input on it what would be the point then?
I do understand your point of view, but you have to remember we are part of the ADHD generation. Even I only visit this site rarely. I don't think a young people section would get enough use.

That said, I'm totally in need of more CD friends right now, just like you.

--
Erm, this post was pretty much just me splattering my thoughts onto the keyboard. I tend to do that. Sorry if it doesn't make quite enough sense.

TracyH
04-08-2008, 11:08 PM
This place isn't bad. The language controls are a little stricter than you're probably used to, and nobody knows what "it's a trap" means, but there are cool people here. I'm closer in line to the kind of crossdresser you are: I don't worry much about looking completely like a female, and I don't usually wear wigs or makeup. Still, that doesn't make us any less in the group.

victoriamwilliams1
04-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Honey,

As a grandfather at 60, I do have a distinct love for the younger years and try to hold onto them as much as possible, realizing that time is taking its toll. Relish your years and discover as much as you can and help anyone that you encounter along this road.

Tami

First to Tami, 60! I never would have guessed, it makes me wonder if we age less than none tg/cd/ts.

Now the rest of the message:

I think back to when I was younger and I dress as the girls did back then which was dresses and skirts of the popular girl style which was not so different from our mothers.

Todays youth have a different style and you should dress as your age group. Being this is the year I turn 38 know I do not undersand the pants hanging down from the men and some of the clothes that women wear.

Celeste
04-08-2008, 11:32 PM
Usually,when I note a new member I'll check their profile and age if provided.I always see new members between 20 and 30 almost daily.Then it seems they rather lurk in the background not making or commenting on any post or don't hang around long.Its good that you're talking about it and I hope it encourages others to speak and start threads of their own choosing.

As far as the age is concerned,I don't see where it should be a dividing line among people with the same interest,after all isn't it that which makes a forum,it's diversity.I personally would like to hear more about all styles from all age groups,so get posting.

Sharon
04-08-2008, 11:34 PM
..... how does one appeal to the mods for the creation of such a board?

No promises, but this will be discussed by the staff.

MentalMercury
04-09-2008, 12:35 AM
Well if I can make a closing statement in favor of the board.. the younger people's voices and concerns are getting drowned out it seems, and since I've started this thread and another person started the 'college aged CDers' thread its had a pretty big response, it'd be nice for us to have our own little 'nook' to go be among peers. Just like teenage girls all go hang out at the mall with other teens, etc, except we're not all 17 and being driven in mom's minivan, it's just an analogy! lol. I would love to redirect some of the chan boards toward that section so that the younger CDs aren't just seeing people who are taking hormones and stuff, and frontal male nudity (if they're not into it). :2c:

StayceeCD
04-09-2008, 02:16 AM
Isn't it just like the young ones to think they can't learn from those who have "been there, done that".. In my experience, this is true with EVERY aspect of life. Why wouldn't it be the same with younger CD's? Hey, I LOVE short skirts! They actually still look really good on me too! But if I want to blend, I have to not wear them! I may look young but I am definitely not in my 20's and am actually glad! I was born at an AWESOME time, and would not give back 1 year! A time when the there was the coolest rock music and the worst disease you could get from sex was Herpes! :2c:

This is not true in Europe.. In Italy, and Spain I have seen many young girls wearing pantyhose and high heels.. Usually the trend takes a couple years to hit the USA but it it will!

Raquel June
04-09-2008, 07:21 AM
I would love to redirect some of the chan boards toward that section so that the younger CDs aren't just seeing people who are taking hormones and stuff, and frontal male nudity (if they're not into it). :2c:

That could easily turn into a disaster if people from those forums start getting redirected here. The mods here are already kinda cranky (not necessarily a bad thing), and sending that kind of crowd here would probably lead to mass bannings rather quickly.

I'm just saying you might want to be selective about who you refer.

joselyn318
04-09-2008, 11:10 AM
That's simply not true. Just because heels aren't casual doesn't mean they're not in fashion. Do you work in any kind of a professional environment? What kind of shoes do girls in their early to mid 20's wear?

I work in a rather casual professional business environment. Girls who don't have to wear anti-static shoes usually wear high heels. Even if they're wearing capris or nice jeans. Even if they're 22 and just finished college. Even if they're 20 and an intern. I'm talking about very attractive girls who want to look nice and be taken seriously, not dress like some high school kid with an attitude problem.

Seriously, there's a large area between sloppy-casual girl in a T-shirt and super-formal business girl with a blazer and skirt. That area is mostly filled by girls who wear nice shoes. That often means heels.

What kind of shoes do you think girls in their mid 20's wear during the day and/or to social events?

I am sorry but it is. I work in a laboratory on campus and none of the GG's wear pantyhose or heels. My wife (2 months younger than me), doesn't even own a pair of pantyhose. She does have a few pair of heels she wears at her music therapy internship and for formal events.

Don't think I know that there is a large area. However, I am guessing you have never step foot on a typical college campus where the average girl is wearing hoodies, jeans, mini skirts, and tennis shoes.

MentalMercury
04-09-2008, 11:11 AM
That could easily turn into a disaster if people from those forums start getting redirected here. The mods here are already kinda cranky (not necessarily a bad thing), and sending that kind of crowd here would probably lead to mass bannings rather quickly.

I'm just saying you might want to be selective about who you refer.

You make a very valid point. I'll be careful as far as that goes.

Amy Hepker
04-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Dress the way you want as long as you are happy, it does not matter what others think if it did you would not be dressing in the first place, Right???

joselyn318
04-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Isn't it just like the young ones to think they can't learn from those who have "been there, done that".. In my experience, this is true with EVERY aspect of life. Why wouldn't it be the same with younger CD's? Hey, I LOVE short skirts! They actually still look really good on me too! But if I want to blend, I have to not wear them! I may look young but I am definitely not in my 20's and am actually glad! I was born at an AWESOME time, and would not give back 1 year! A time when the there was the coolest rock music and the worst disease you could get from sex was Herpes! :2c:

This is not true in Europe.. In Italy, and Spain I have seen many young girls wearing pantyhose and high heels.. Usually the trend takes a couple years to hit the USA but it it will!

I am sorry but it won't. The 80's fashion have ended a long time ago...

I really see a divide on this forum from the older and more dominant members to the younger members.

It seems like the older members on here dress like my mother and grandmother. There is nothing wrong with that, but current fashion as seen in seventeen is rarely discussed on here.

There is a reason why I tend to post more on a forum that is more populated with younger members than this forum. I just do not feel comfortable on here, especially when the average age is 20 years senior to my own.

MentalMercury
04-09-2008, 11:31 AM
If I didn't look like some kinda pervert I would walk out of my dorm right now, go take pictures of random girls walking around campus, and you would see all of them in jeans. If it were a bit warmer like yesterday, maybe some miniskirts, but the hose is very rare. Havn't we agreed yet though that that's an older generation thing, and all the young people are saying is that we just don't identify with you and would like to connect to peers?

Lots of older members are throwing in their 2 cents but most of it has absolutely nothing to do with bringing the young people together. You guys (gals) are already in lots of familiar company, all we want is to be able to enjoy the same.

edit: P.S. I like to dress up all fancy-like just like the rest of you and find it very fun, if you could see the rest of my avatar picture, you'd see that I'm wearing thigh-high striped stockings.. but this outfit is something I'd never wear out of the house. The whole hose discussion came about as a way of pointing out how the younger crowd just doesn't go about things the same way and would like more peers to talk to.

LizSummers
04-09-2008, 12:59 PM
I don't think anyone wants to dismiss any of the knowledge and experience available here, I just think that for some of the younger CDs, it can be hard to relate to the older CD generation.

In terms of myself, I lurked here for so long and was reluctant to jump in because it seemed as if everyone was so much older than I, and I felt so far removed from that (apparently) over-represented age group.

LizSummers
04-09-2008, 01:55 PM
Your communicating on a computer. What is there to be afraid of. If you keep lurking and not joining in we will never have a cohesive group and we will all have to struggle in our little sub sections. What is there to be afraid of?
We are discussing CDing and clothes and make up and junk.
WE ARE NOT YOUR PARENTS we are your peers just a different age.
Jodie

But it's not a matter of being afraid, it's about being able to relate. Yes, the older generation have been in our situations before, and they have a lot of advice to offer, which I think we all appreciate and look to for help. But I think a large number of us are also looking for friends who we can go through it *with*.

MentalMercury
04-09-2008, 02:15 PM
I talked for quite a while last night with another younger member of this forum who was feeling very at odds with himself over the whole CDing thing and he said multiple times that having another person of his age to talk to about it was really refreshing.

Basically, yeah, if we have questions we can't answer amongst ourselves, we would go to you, but I think I speak for all of the young people on this forum when I say we would rather be asking each other first. Just like any non-CD related things, you want to talk to someone about relationship troubles, we go to our friends of the same age first. Same concept.

Not trying to be a troublemaker or offend anyone, that's just how we operate, you've been there too, you must know how it feels.

LizSummers
04-09-2008, 02:17 PM
I talked for quite a while last night with another younger member of this forum who was feeling very at odds with himself over the whole CDing thing and he said multiple times that having another person of his age to talk to about it was really refreshing.

Basically, yeah, if we have questions we can't answer amongst ourselves, we would go to you, but I think I speak for all of the young people on this forum when I say we would rather be asking each other first. Just like any non-CD related things, you want to talk to someone about relationship troubles, we go to our friends of the same age first. Same concept.

Not trying to be a troublemaker or offend anyone, that's just how we operate, you've been there too, you must know how it feels.

I wholeheartedly agree :)

Shelly67
04-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Perhaps this should be remembered - "Many a good tune can be played on an old fiddle " :)

erinlove
04-09-2008, 04:04 PM
ok i am a younger girl as well i just no if any of the other younger had a kid our dose have a kid in the age of 10 to 14 and they wanted to become tg our cd would you grab your car keys rate away with credit card in the other hand and take them to the mall shopping our would you tell them that they need to talk to some one about how they are feeling about there life style

me my self i think i would want my kid to talk to some one first and then have a blast with them shopping and try to be there for them no matter what they want to do

CharleneT
04-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Looking at the responses here and in the other thread, I believe the time is right to start a younger gen forum. There is clearly a need and it could be a real advantage in expanding how we look at the whole community. It is true that the conversations in most of the forums are pretty much between older folks. It is great to see all those who've been posting in these threads come out and speak !

Let'em have their cake :cheer:

C.

tricia_uktv
04-09-2008, 04:37 PM

Ok thats brilliant what you are saying and is so true. I believe all of us here need to leave a legacy to help girls like you get through it all (but we don't necessarily know the answers). I suspect that there are very few girls like you out there - they supress it because the masculine hormones come in. Actually I met one last week when I was out and invited her back to try on my stash. Needless to say she loved it all and didn't want to leave.

I am trying to do two things:
Get myself out
Stop others, particularly younger girls, falling into the trap I did

The latter is hard because there are far too few girls so young willing to accept what they are.

So we either try to do something about it, or accept it as it is,

Stargirl
04-09-2008, 05:00 PM
I imagine the same thread will be repeated in a few years. A (future) twenty something might wander in, and tell the older girls that "You girls dress so much like 2008. Come ON ! It's 2028 ! get with it !" I should still be around then. It will be fun to read. Maybe.

Julie York
04-09-2008, 05:35 PM
Hang on a sec.

Let's get a clear head on this. The forum is fragmented enough and the Mods have so many places to move threads to as it is that it probably makes their heads spin. This forum is open to anyone wanting to post about whatever their CD concerns are. If someone posts about a minority subject then they may have to wade through a few well meaning people talking rubbish, but they are trying to help. If it isn't relevant it isn't relevant.

To create a niche club for EVERY subdivision of CDing would be insane. Where does it stop?

If younger CDs want to post, then POST! Post away. Make friends. Get your word out. When you post on an open forum you are asking everyone on the forum and everyone has the right to answer. As a consequence you find the like minded people, and bore the non-likeminded people and it all sort of levels out. Folk in tune with your threads sympathise. Folk who don't, leave you alone because it's of no interest.

Like attracts like.

(Mods: So how about my Petticoats and stockings forum? Huh? No-one got back to me.)

shirley1
04-09-2008, 06:54 PM
i dont have a problem with younger cders wanting their own chatroom ect - i think they should, they have it on other sites like one i'm on in britain - but i just dont like the generalisation that anyone over say 30 is out of touch with todays ggs fasions ect - if you were to see my wardrobe (closet in usa) you definately wouldnt say it belongs to a middle aged person !! i agree as i say with talking with peops your own age i understand that - but i hate steriotyping on any level ie age,gender,race ect - its wrong !!!!!!!!

sorry didnt realise you were goth ! no offence but i live in england and yeh there are goths over here - but here it would be defined as more of a cultural thing rather than a cd related age thing - now i know why i dont live in the states ! no offence its just a totally different world !

Holly
04-09-2008, 07:46 PM
...Not trying to be a troublemaker or offend anyone, that's just how we operate, you've been there too, you must know how it feels.And that, MM is precisely the point. We have been there and and we DO know how it feels. Part of the whole socialization process is learning how to survive and thrive in diverse environments and situations. It has been claimed that some of our younger members don't post much because they feel "uncomfortable" among those of us who are advanced life experiencers (<--new word--<<). If they are uncomfortable here, a place where acceptance (at least in theory) should be high, where else are they to go to learn to be comfortable in other social situations? MM, you and your friend seem like lovely people. I would feel cheated if I was deprived of the chance to get to know you all better because you all chose to, "stay in your room." :)

Tamara Croft
04-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Jeez, you know when some of you wanted a clothing section and a beauty section, gm forum, ts private forum and blah blah blah... we accommodated this... we did this because the members wanted this. Now our younger members are asking us to help them, help them feel more at home here... and it isn't about segregation at all, 18 year olds don't want advice from 60 year olds how to dress... they'll end up looking like grannies... and 18 year olds just don't click with older people, they speak different, they dress different, they aren't all about stockings and high heels... they are different, they want something for them, what's so wrong about that?

It's being discussed now, I'm hoping to trial it :) it would be a nice place for my own daughter to join, to interact with people her own age, instead of getting bored with the ssdd stuff on here... so people, please, this is their request, not yours ok?

MentalMercury
04-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Jeez, you know when some of you wanted a clothing section and a beauty section, gm forum, ts private forum and blah blah blah... we accommodated this... we did this because the members wanted this. Now our younger members are asking us to help them, help them feel more at home here... and it isn't about segregation at all, 18 year olds don't want advice from 60 year olds how to dress... they'll end up looking like grannies... and 18 year olds just don't click with older people, they speak different, they dress different, they aren't all about stockings and high heels... they are different, they want something for them, what's so wrong about that?

It's being discussed now, I'm hoping to trial it :) it would be a nice place for my own daughter to join, to interact with people her own age, instead of getting bored with the ssdd stuff on here... so people, please, this is their request, not yours ok?

:worship:

thwaiter
04-09-2008, 08:33 PM
I just wanted to say that I'm 25 and think that what mentalmercury has done is fantastic. I would also like to see a board where young cds can chat and talk about there experiences and why they might still be shy to jump in and talk about this part of themselves to other people. I know that I'm one who is a little shy, and always keeps apologising for it or thinking that I'm weird, silly or stupid. I hope that I've made a little sense here, and that I can continue to make new friends on here.

Pink Person
04-10-2008, 06:15 AM
Dear MM,

I’m an old man, but luckily I’m very immature for my age. It’s almost like being young again, ho, ho. MM, I am sympathetic with your desire to have a forum for young people. We all like people best who are best like us. That’s because we all love to see ourselves in other people.

Personally, I like to be perceived as a feminine person, not as a female. I have a gender preference that I like to present in my appearance and behavior that doesn’t obscure my basic maleness and basic masculinity. In other words, I dig my own personal brand of androgyny. I don’t notice many other people who are like me on this site but I still feel very close to everyone here. We all have similar issues and feelings, not identical ones.

I enjoy the free-for-all discussions in some forums and the concentrated perspectives in others. I think a forum for young people is a good idea, but don’t ignore the fun you can have and things you can learn in the forums populated by older people and other people who are not like you.

Pink

P.S. You are cute.

Priscilla Ann
04-10-2008, 06:57 AM
I think I approach crossdressing differently. My goal is not to dress to necessarily fit in ( ie pass ) as a female. I just like trying different looks to see what I can come up with. It is for my own amusement and not for wandering around in the "real" world.

maryjanecapri
04-10-2008, 07:03 AM
MM - glad to have you first and foremost.

i am 40 years old. i would have to say that many of us represent different generations here. and each generation has their style. my generation was heavily influenced by 80s style (as that was the style when i was in highschool/early college). so my style is a bit more flamboyant. your generation is much more casual than generations before you. so your dressing is very much attached to the style of your generation.

you'll probably find the older generations are holding on to the style of their generations which are more formal.

does that make sense?

joselyn318
04-10-2008, 09:27 AM

Thank you so much :D

MentalMercury
04-10-2008, 10:58 AM
Pink Person - You're one of the only other ones who I've seen that doesn't really refer to himself as a woman. I'm the same. The vast majority of the time I will refer to myself as a male, unless I'm really in the mindset, which only happens when I am currently dressed, and even then only if I get into the mindset to begin with. So most of the time you will see me referring to myself as a 'dude' and things like that. And thanks for the compliment :)

MaryJaneCapri - This thread has shed alot of light on that idea for me, and most likely the other younger generation who has felt out of place.

LizSummers
04-10-2008, 12:24 PM
The vast majority of the time I will refer to myself as a male

Oh cool! I thought I was the only one! I haven't ever referred to myself as female, and I don't think that's something that will ever change.

Jenna Stunned
04-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Oh cool! I thought I was the only one! I haven't ever referred to myself as female, and I don't think that's something that will ever change.

Me too, Im just a guy in pretty clothes.

Niya W
04-10-2008, 04:31 PM
Is 29 young or am I too old for you all now?

Sits next to jenny I'm 29 too. I'm bit different in the fact that I know about 4 TS that are under 30. ANd few more CD that are in their early 30's.

Now what made feel out of place was going to support groups were the average age was 55 .

Genifer Teal
04-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Without mentioning numbers, I probably fit in the middle of the age spectrum here. (anyone over 80?) lol I am a die hard club girl. I get out at least one nite every weekend - many times more than one nite. My usuall dress includes heels and short skirts - which I find plenty of in the clubs. Pantyhose are for work and fancy occasions. I never see them in the clubs. I rarely wear hose. Clubs are hot and crowded. Add dancing to that and you can overheat quickly. I love that I can wear so much less clothes as a girl than the typical guy in jeans and a shirt. I wouldn't ruin that by wearing hose.

Many here love hose. Many here don't get out much. I've never married and all my GFs knew from day one. There are lots of reasons I can feel out of place here. We all have to fit in where we can. There is a lot of knowledge here, you just have to harvest it well. Post your own questions and start your own threads. It might surprise you, what you can learn from someone who may be different than you.

Gen

tiffanythecd2001
04-10-2008, 04:40 PM
22 wow, you look good dear, i'm 51 and i dont overdress like a that , i just dress like a everyday girl going to the mall or just to be comfy in what i wear, far as make-up i prefer the more natural look, keep going girl , you have the looks and everything going for ya.:DTiffany

darla_g
04-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Hi MentalMercury, you seem very disillusioned and its good you're posting this thread. I think you might be overstating it a little. I see plenty of people wearing shorts or jeans and i think thats fine. I know there are many that are really hung up on high heels and stockings and i would venture a guess that its because that's the style we most associate with women and prefer to see women in. guilty here too.

I don't particularly like the idea of a separate area separated by age grouping. I don't particularly like the artificial separation we have for people who have transitioned or are transititoning except maybe they might feel more comfortable if they are discussing it amongst themselves.

I think the bottom line that brings us all here is that we are men who like to dress as women. (and those who support us) We are united more by what we share in common than our differences.

EllenCD
04-10-2008, 06:50 PM
OMG I'm 30 so how do I join AARP and sign up for Medicare? I dress for the occasion. If its a high class dinner party its a simple black cocktail dress and pearls or boots and jeans for a BBQ. Whats so difficult about that? You want to look like a Mardi Gras clown go for it, I can live with that to! :love:

Raquel June
04-10-2008, 08:51 PM
I don't particularly like the idea of a separate area separated by age grouping. I don't particularly like the artificial separation we have for people who have transitioned or are transititoning except maybe they might feel more comfortable if they are discussing it amongst themselves.

I may have to agree. I mean, the M2F section already has two subforums (beauty and clothing) where you could easily ask questions about younger styles. Those forums get maybe two new posts on the average day, so it's not like you'll be drowned out by old hags talking about how they refuse to wear anything but bonnets and ankle-length dresses ;)

thwaiter
04-10-2008, 09:03 PM
I would have to agree with mentalmercury and pink in that I believe myself as male and not female. This is in the sense that I don't want to be female but I like wearing some feminine clothing from time to time. I hope this makes sense.

docrobbysherry
04-10-2008, 09:14 PM
U can understand that. Because u r excited to appear in public as an extreme fantasy woman!

Unless u r TS/TG, or go out dressed often, CDing is all about fooling yourself and those that know u CD!

I'm a 60 year old man in a dress. But my fantasy is to look like a 20/40 year old woman! I sometimes dress in jeans. But, it's MY fantasy and I rarely dress casually!

U young whippersnappers need to communicate more! Then you'll discover how much u have in common. And how different u all r, too.

SephiCD23
04-13-2008, 03:05 AM
I agree with MM's original point, there does seem to be a difference in age/dress style. I am 22 and dress mostly in mini skirts or jeans/shorts but never wear hose (mainly because I don't know anything about them but also because I don't think I'd look good in them). I agree that we younger people could use a specialised forum to discuss our own topics; sorry MM, but I don't know how to contact the webmasters, are there no 'contact us' links anywhere? I haven't looked.

Joanna-Louise
04-13-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm with you on the whole image thing... most days i wear denim skirts, tights boots etc etc... very rare ill wear any form of business attire, well unless ive got a "paper work" day planed on my day off.

As far as makeup, again depends on what im wearing, relaxing day, prop none or v little, others full makeup wig etc etc.

Jo
xx

Nicole Lee
04-14-2008, 12:53 AM
To the TS -

I SO agree.

For some time now browsing these forums, I've learned a lot about the culture, and enough to know that I'm not the only one out there. But, I feel out of place as well because the 'fashion' being discussed is not the same kind of fashion that I'm exposed to on a daily basis .. 20y/o college student, at school with girls in skin-tight low-rise jeans, leggings, ugg boots, Abercrombie&Fitch/Hollister Co., etc. I haven't really found any people on the forum that have the same taste in fashion, as most people here seem to rather wear long skirts rather than tight low-rise skinny or flared jeans.

The CLOSEST I've had to see people with the same tastes is on Myspace. But for some reason, whenEVER I find someone into the same thing on Myspace, the person turns out to be homosexual and in need of a relationship with some out-of-line comment like, " I NEED SOME C*CK NOW! " as their Myspace bulletin. Of course, I don't have anything against gay people, but I feel like these people are dressing simply because they're gay and want to flaunt it -- I want to meet younger people JUST into the dressing, and aren't looking to be in a M4M relationship. I feel like they want to be added on Myspace, or want to talk, just because they want a relationship.

It's hard finding a nice balance. On these boards, most of the members are married and are completely straight, and only discuss the dressing -- but are older and have different tastes in fashion. On Myspace, the fashion is pretty much right down my alley, but most people seem to be gay or bi-sexual, and that turns me off because I want to meet other young CD'ers with the same tastes as me, but we can relate to the fact that we both are straight.

I think part of the problem with youthful CD'ers is the fact that it is youth, and youth seems to revolve around sex. However, I'm not like that, I just want to talk, really. This goes for all of youth, not just crossdressers. I want a relationship with a girl where sex isn't going to be the primary determinant of the relationship, but it seems like a lot, if not, most of the girls (and guys) out there are ONLY looking for sex. A bit frustrating... =/

Whatever, that's my .02. Lol

PM me if you wanna talk =]

Raquel June
04-14-2008, 01:33 AM
...I feel out of place as well because the 'fashion' being discussed is not the same kind of fashion that I'm exposed to on a daily basis

I doubt many are exposed to a lot of the frilly and/or skanky fashions discussed here on a daily basis. This thread should show you that many younger CDs exist. Feel free to start any threads you want to discuss younger topics. Don't just be sad that the threads don't already exist. Half the girls on this thread want to talk about younger stuff, so someone start talking already! ;)

Tamara Croft
04-14-2008, 03:43 AM
sorry MM, but I don't know how to contact the webmasters, are there no 'contact us' links anywhere? I haven't looked.Well that says a lot to me... if.. and I'm saying if.. we created this section, how on earth would you know how to find it? I mean, you don't even know there's a contact us link at the bottom of every page you are on... There is also a staff link on the front page, there are staff links in the FAQ's... maybe you should learn to use the site more before asking personally for more sections don't you think?

Sophia KT
04-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Dunno if I missed your point, but I like the more normal stuff, for my age group, too. I dislike really high heels because the hurt to walk in; 3" is plenty for me [I might have to run after all].

'Interviewee', 'newgirl', or, 'dim one from accounts' is how I like to look. Possibly, 'distracted and studious'.

Like basques, stockings and suspenders underneath though.

Sophia :drink:

MichelleOBrien
04-14-2008, 11:43 PM
:rant:

While I have nothing but admiration and respect for those of you on here who are older than myself, I must agree with the younger members. I find that, with most people I talk to, when people think of a crossdresser, they first think of someone walking down the street on a normal day in a full dress/gloves/high heels outfit. While I believe we should only do what is comfortable, we must dress in accordance with other GGs in our age group in order to fit in.

Those of you who are young like myself(I'm 23), there is mch advice to be gained from our elders. They've been doing this a LOT longer than any of us, and have more experience. They can also show us some pitfalls of our lifestyle choices before we fall into them.

To those of you who are forever 31 (you know who I'm talking about!!!), I think you guys could maybe pick up some fashion tips from us young bloods.

I leave with this statement...and all you young people pay heed...without those who came before us, we wouldn't even know what to classify ourselves as. We wouldn't have any idea that we were not alone. And we sure as heck would not know that we weren't just the sick queer on the corner. It's because of those who came before us...the ones talking about pantyhose and garter belts...that we have a place to gather and belong.

So I leave you girls...for now :sb:
Michelle

MichelleOBrien
04-14-2008, 11:51 PM
okay, open mouth insert foot....I still meant what I said, but as usual, i reiterated what everybody else said...the bane of being a blonde I guess...:lol:

Everyone is freeto PM me for convo, etc...

Ibuki_Warpetal
04-15-2008, 12:46 AM
with most people I talk to, when people think of a crossdresser, they first think of someone walking down the street on a normal day in a full dress/gloves/high heels outfit.

A lot of people don't know the difference between a cross dresser and a drag queen.

Then there are people like me. Why should I have to be labeled a "crossdresser" just because my jeans or shoes or shirt are marketed to females?
Why is it so important to judge people by what they wear? I for one don't do this to "fit in" I do it because I like it. If I fit in that's just a bonus.

Delila
04-15-2008, 12:58 AM
I find this topic very interesting. Most of the people here are here because they don't want people to hassle them about the way they dress. I am 27 and I still occasionally dress in the secretary suit or "pantyhose and garters" I am probably on the young side for this forum or at least I was when i signed up :) My point is everyone has a different idea of what it feels like to be a woman and most of the women here are more mature we should just appreciate that we have the advice of the older ladies and respect their classic taste in clothing.

Dusk
04-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Not been around as early as i'd like. I find this thread really interesting actually. As a younger person (24) I agree with the sentiment and am glad to see the forum is being trialled.

BTW MM, love the signature. Sonata Arctica are awesome.

BritneyorSara
04-22-2008, 11:41 AM
I'm 20, but I love skirts...but I dress casual a lot of the time, depending on the weather. If it's hot i wear shorts or a skirt to show of my long legs, and the tan I've got recently :D at a club...if I were to ever go to one, I'd dress as a 20 year old girl would dress.

Dusk
04-22-2008, 11:44 AM
I envy that. I wouldn't have the courage to go out in full dress yet. One day though i'm sure.

Jamie14
04-22-2008, 05:38 PM
I think being younger than most (and gorgeous) you are perhaps more cutting edge and comfortable with yourself. (Jealous I am :) I'm in my 30's and do not look for the business look either. Each generation is different and yours seems bold and like it could care less of what others think of it overall. Sounds like you're in a good place. There is no perfect website or group of people- just have to find some girls you are comfortable chatting with wherever you go....Jamie

NicoleYork
04-22-2008, 06:20 PM
Long time lurker, first time poster! This thread's actually sparked me into posting, although it's probably a bit late now. Thanks MentalMercury! You've sparked a great conversation.

I'm 25 and I like to think that I'm pretty stylish for my age. However, my wife thinks otherwise! She often comments on some of the things that I wear, especially my love for pencil skirts and heels! I've mostly stopped wearing tights/pantyhose these days as I now shave and much prefer the natural look.

However, I often see women my age wearing pencil skirts, tights and heels, both on the train and at work. So maybe it's my wife who's not too hot on style? (Don't tell her I said that :eek:) But when I was at uni, I never saw anyone in "work attire" and hardly anyone in a skirt. Also jeans were starting to become big on nights out and were often worn to clubs and bars.

So after that long(ish) ramble, I'm possibly on the flip-side to what a lot of younger people like to wear. But in the world of work, I see girls my age also wearing similar stuff to me.

And I've never been a well-dressed bloke either!

Tracy Hazel Lee
04-22-2008, 07:32 PM
I can't speak for everyone here, but I think it's a safe assumption that most crossdressers dress how they like to see women dressed. And your analysis is no different. You are young, and as a result, you are attracted to younger women, and how they present themselves. Your observation that older CD's like to wear hose & heels is probably pretty accurate. I bet a lot of those people (myself included) grew up in homes where someone in their family (sister, mother, cousin etc.) rotinely wore hose of some kind... That's probably not so much the case these days...

That being said,..I don't think it's fair to say that 'real' women don't wear pantyhose... I see women ALL THE TIME wearing panty hose... Why? Because I look for it. I am attracted to it. And again, most of the time, these women are closer to my age. It's not just coincidence. Your age does play a part in your opinions.

If you live in a warmer climate, maybe you hardly ever see hose... That certainly does not mean that women don't wear them. If that was the case, you wouldn't see hosiery in EVERY major department store, and then some. And usually in MASS quantities.

For me, I love the feel of hosiery... Seeing women wearing hose reminds me of that feeling. As a result, I am turned on by their appearance while wearing them. So again, when I dress, I want to emulate that look and (of course) I want to experience those feelings of wearing hose.

It's all a matter of opinion,...and age. (And in MY opinion, 'real' women always wear hose.)

To each their own...

brun123
04-22-2008, 08:52 PM
I would just like to say that it is very nice to see this thread. I am 23 yo and was browsing this site for a while then stopped because there seemed to be a generation gap between myself and the majority of te people posting. Thank you MM for posting this.

deja true
04-22-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm delighted that this thread has got such "legs". Mercury started a little peaceful revolution here that was long needed, even though we didn't realize it...

I'm an oldie compared to most, a boomer, not a gen X or Y as many of you are. But I've also had long conversations privately with several of the young 'uns, and by and large, they appreciate us, especially the outspoken, the quirky, the philosophical.

We need their youthful experiences , in large part, to live vicariously the lives we were unable to have in previous decades. But many young 'uns also know they need us for advice and experience sometimes...

Every generation rebels against the perceived strait-laced attitudes of their parents, but didn't we all have a dear auntie who seemd to understand us better and we respected ?.

Let's not get all parental on the young ones. They've had enough of that sh*t! Let's be the eccentric and sympathetic aunties to the neices and nephews that we love...

All ages get

respect & love from

deja

(But no lecherous dirty old uncles are allowed! Get it!)

heterocd
04-22-2008, 09:53 PM
crossdressing for me is about finding style and femininity without drawing to much attention. also as heavy set as i am not only would i look terrible in younger girlish styles, but they just plain don't make that stuff in a 22/24 or 26/28

gueebster
04-22-2008, 10:23 PM
hey i'm 21! it seems there are quite a lot of young girls here ;P It's time for us to rise up and make some noise ladies. I know that I dress the way id love to see other girl dressed, and I also dress the way I would if I myself were wholly female. I'm glad to see there are so many people my age here!

Daintre
04-22-2008, 10:31 PM
hey i'm 21! it seems there are quite a lot of young girls here ;P It's time for us to rise up and make some noise ladies. I know that I dress the way id love to see other girl dressed, and I also dress the way I would if I myself were wholly female. I'm glad to see there are so many people my age here!

Instead of all this rise up and make noise stuff...WHY don't you check out the new Young Member 18-25 section. It is a private section, so you need to apply.

gueebster
04-22-2008, 10:39 PM
sorry jenni, didnt mean to come across as a young upstart! Although, even though there is a designated group for girls my age, a little balance in ages in the main sections wouldnt be a bad thing. Just because we are different ages shouldnt divide us. Alright i'll stop being a revolutionary now haha.

Sugar
04-22-2008, 10:54 PM
I like you honey:D:D

Just try not to piss of the old maids.:devil:

sugar

docrobbysherry
04-22-2008, 11:06 PM
I like you honey:D:D

Just try not to piss of the old maids.:devil:

sugar

I know THIS old maid is hoping for u young chics to start posting more hot pics! That's something we can all share and enjoy together!

gueebster
04-22-2008, 11:07 PM
hehe thanks for the heads up sugar. I dont want to get booted just as i started to warm up to the place!

Sugar
04-22-2008, 11:28 PM
mea culpa doc.

I'm just a hippy chick from the 70's. Kinda like Fiona Apple's heroin chic, ya know. And I'm not very photogenic.

I do love your pic's though. Kinda avant-gard with a little spooky thrown in. Very cool.

love,

sugar

I know THIS old maid is hoping for u young chics to start posting more hot pics! That's something we can all share and enjoy together!

Sugar
04-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Don't sweat it honey, I was scolded right outta the box!

Lol

hehe thanks for the heads up sugar. I dont want to get booted just as i started to warm up to the place!

MentalMercury
04-22-2008, 11:35 PM
I don't want to anger any 'old maids' (we seriously don't look at you like that!) and Deja True you always have wise words, it is true, we do appreciate you and what you have to offer for us. We're young and like to have a way to address each other directly, but (at least I am) aware that the older people are all futher along than us and we have lots to learn from you! I didn't want to step on anyones toes with this thread, just rally more support. I'm seeing people like me who didn't post for a year come out of hiding and start talking, could you really get upset with us if that sort of thing is happening? :)

You should apply for the section if this thread interested you, because it's up and running and we'd love to see you there.

:hugs: I'm very happy to have found this site and become more involved lately.

(Thank you Dusk, Sonata is really becoming one of my most listened to bands)

Sugar
04-22-2008, 11:56 PM
plain and maybe not so simple. Well, maybe not so plain either.

MentalMercury, just keep asking questions. You might get responses that you want to hear and then again you might not.

This forum is a great place to learn and grow.

I believe we all want to keep all you young one's safe and out of trouble out there in the real world.

peace and love to you & everyone,

sugar

deja true
04-23-2008, 06:12 AM
OOoooooh! I'm feeeeelllling the love!

And queebster? Keep up the revolution, but remember, it's a peaceful revolution. Kinda like the one me and other ol' hippy chicks like Sugar tried in the 60's and 70's.

Not everything worked out, but a lot of people benefitted anyway...

Peace & Love, dudes and dudettes! Know what I'm sayin'?

tricia_uktv
04-23-2008, 07:26 AM
It depends what I am doing and wkere I am going. If I'm going around town I normally just wear jeans and tee, though with wig and make-up. If I'm clubbing its the whole shooting match.

Glenda58
04-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Most of us here are older and like older women we need to cover our legs to hind things like hair, scars and veins. Younger CDs and women don't need to hind their legs and can go without. But I have also gone out without hose and low heels and dress like all the women on the street to bend in. That's the fun part of this forum is that you can find people who will do the things you like to do. I haven't been dressing for months but that's my choice but I still come here to read and give advice. Have been do this for 50 yrs. So I been there and done that.

Dusk
04-23-2008, 01:26 PM
(Thank you Dusk, Sonata is really becoming one of my most listened to bands)

Heh heh, n oworries. Loved Sonata for a while. Reckoning Night is still my fave album. I'll apply for the group once i hit the ten posts mark. Cheers for luring me outta lurking!

anda_mouse
04-23-2008, 06:13 PM
lol right on target! i personally hate hose and high heels.

angelfire
04-23-2008, 06:24 PM
I agree that I like being able to communicate with other CDs my age more directly, and the young member's section should be good for that.

I do however also very much appreciate all the older CDers who have much more experience, and probably wisdom than I. I definitely appreciate the advice given when a question is asked, especially when it is the 400th time it has been asked.

I just want to thank all the older sisters on here who help us young'uns out.

Raquel June
04-23-2008, 07:25 PM
lol right on target! i personally hate hose and high heels.

I don't like pantyhose, and I don't like stillettos, but I wear them sometimes, and I like boots and wide chunky high heels.

I'm not religious, but I think "I hate high heels" is pretty much heresy.

Sugar
04-23-2008, 07:38 PM
:battingeyelashes:
I won't call you "boomer" if you don't call me "auntie".

:brolleyes:

Just feelin the love honey,

sugar

noname
04-24-2008, 03:24 PM
Breath of fresh air in this thread. Nice to know I'm not the only one who does not dress over the top. I do not wear heels, hose, etc... Mostly jeans, t-shirt. mascara/eyeliner.

Alex!
04-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Understood. I try to dress stylishly, which is to say I like to look classy but also appropriate for my age and income bracket, if that makes sense. I also know what doesn't look good on me and avoid that stuff. I wear hosiery only with certain outfits, because without hosiery the outfit seems "unfinished." I wear heels because I have big feet and I don't care to emphasize that with flats. Indeed, pumps help "feminize" the line of the leg, which is why it is flattering on women anyway.

I also note that, from a guy's perspective, most women do not know how to dress in a flatering way. Most of the time, women I run into daily are frumpy and seem to not care how they appear. This may be different in New York and LA, but even in DC I was not so impressed. I live in the Boulder area - granola tree hugger country. Girls here dress like they are always out camping. With a dog. It's funny

There was a time when men and women took care in their appearance; this seems less the case today. All those wonderful outfits I see in Speigel, Newport News, Boston Proper and Lew Magram are rarely seen in real life, and I always wonder why. Instead, its jeans, flipflops, sweats, and oversized or undersized tops.

And as far as makeup, I try to keep it minimalist, but must also consider I am a guy and need to deemphasize the guyness. That does take a good deal more goop than women typically wear.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
04-24-2008, 07:41 PM
:battingeyelashes:I may be 51 but when it comes to clothes I like the styles that the younger women wear, problem is when I wear them they don't always look good on me, but quite often the clothes that older women wear look rather unsexy. For me I like a younger sexier look, its my preference, so short mini's, tighter tops are my preference and most recently shorter style wigs that don't have the old person look to them. I have a new wig that is shorter and it makes me look so much younger.

:battingeyelashes:Simply, some of us are older but still want to dress in more contemporary styles when all possible. But understand as you do age, the styles some of us wear now were what young people wore way back when. When you reach 51 or 65, there will be the younger CD'ers complaining about the old women styles you will wear which you wore when they were hip and instyle.

:battingeyelashes:As many sisters have said we all luv womens clothes the style's we wear should only concern ourselve, We all have womens clothes in common, we all have SO issues, family issues whether kids or parents know, people at work suspecting our preferences or what. Simply put we have more in common than we have differences. We Older gurls gain courage from you who are younger, and older gurls can often give advice on issues that you may be facing now which we may have already gone thru.

Don't give up on the forum, it is true there is a differnce in age and sometimes in styles but young or old we have too much in common and too much to learn from each other. Just don't be afraid to talk with older or younger sisters, you'd be surprised what you may learn.:hugs:

Kimmie
04-24-2008, 08:07 PM
There was a time when men and women took care in their appearance; this seems less the case today. All those wonderful outfits I see in Speigel, Newport News, Boston Proper and Lew Magram are rarely seen in real life, and I always wonder why. Instead, its jeans, flipflops, sweats, and oversized or undersized tops.

First of all I'm 29, and I can pass en femme. En drab I am often mistaken for being a graduate student in "his" early 20's.

Also Andrea makes some very valid points. Living in southern California, summer time brings girls in their 20's wearing tank tops, daisy duke shorts and flip flops. Not that I mind that. But its not possible to pull off completely wearing forms with a male v-shaped figure and size 13 feet, Dressing in a minor variation than I do en drab is quite frankly not as fun. However I have seen those styles worn by carrear minded feminists in corporate America. They wear heals and panty-hose, amongst us who wear ties and linen shirts and slacks to the office.

Strictly speaking from a financial perspective. The pink haze has taken a toll on my bank account from online catalogs. The outfits I buy often don't look right. So I'm often forced to pay return s/h for 1/3 the price of the outfit itself or keeping it knowing I will never wear it out. I sometimes have as much fashion sense as a lead pipe. Being able to talk about age appropriate modern looks, rather than buying styles that I think news anchors 10-15 years older look great in, I think would help us all achieve the ultimate goal of passing en femme as best we can as economically as possible.

ChristyGrl
04-25-2008, 12:08 AM
I am 20 and I also wish there was a place more for us younger girls.

ptp009
04-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Well as an older guy / CD I can say I learn alot from the younger generation because they have been brought up in a less inhibited world where unisex dosen't seem all that bad. I dress pretty casual for a male and same as a CD but I always watch the youger generation and try to take a cue from them on the latest fashion. Jeans Jeans and Jeans are really in again and I think a t-shirt, jeans and a low heel area great to go out in .

What I haven't seen is alot of younger CD wanting to put themselfs out ther like you have I hope more will so you will have alot more to talk with.

What I also see is a lot of Younger CD's waiting around for years, missing the best time to dress and grow as a CD and TS until years later wishing they would have done something much younger when they looked better and didn't get the middle age bulge.

You go Metal Mistress get out there and do what makes you feel good. But if you need us We've here for you girl.

azncd
04-25-2008, 02:38 PM
I'm joining this party way late, and to be honest, haven't read through the entire thread, but I thought I'd post my $.02 anyway :)

I think many times, people tend to dress towards what their own mental images of "femininity" are, and more often than not, it happens to be when they first started dressing which, for some of the older ladies could possibly be a different "style" than what is currently the style. Obviously that's not always the case, and there are always tons of exceptions to the rule, just saying I think that's one of the reasons.

Another, is depending on several mitigating factors (level of comfort, whether out or not, ability to explore new designs etc..), people might try to pack in as much femininity as possible during every dressing session. This would mean turning away from anything that is "mannish" or what have you with skirts, heels, bras, camis, etc taking center stage. I think for the most part, CD's are more often than not seen in skirts rather than pants, and are in camis or tops like that rather than tshirts.

Anyway, just my thoughts...

MentalMercury
04-25-2008, 05:20 PM
I am 20 and I also wish there was a place more for us younger girls.

Anyone under 25 years old, with 10 (non spam/bumping) posts can apply to the young section. It's pretty cool and the climate is more geared toward college-aged people. I personally like that it's mixed up a bit with FtoM's as well. It doesn't move that fast right now, so come help that change :)

Raquel June
04-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Anyone under 25 years old, with 10 (non spam/bumping) posts can apply to the young section. It's pretty cool and the climate is more geared toward college-aged people.

Who made those choices? Seems odd, since you're on the tail-end of "college age," and you'd have to leave the group yourself in less than 3 years... And some of us are in our 30's and going to college...

This thread should've shown you that plenty CDs in their early 40's are more interested in a look closer to "college age."

Not trying to sound cranky, but let me reiterate my point. There's nothing wrong with having a section for "younger members" if you want to talk about what it's like to be an 18-25yo CD -- older CDs have plenty experience in feeling left out, so they probably won't take it too hard. In this thread, though, you sounded at least as interested in talking about younger styles/looks from a fashion/beauty aspect. If that's what you want to talk about, there are already sections for that, and there is actually very little activity in those sections. You won't get drowned out if you bring up younger topics in the beauty or clothing forums, so there's no reason not to use them, instead of isolating yourself. I think you'll find the feedback you get from an invitation-only forum won't be nearly as good.

Dr.Susan
04-26-2008, 12:39 PM
Younger people often tend to feel left out by society in general. This can be seen when they themselves split in to subgroups i.e. Goths, Preppies, Punks and the assorted lot. These splinter groups tend to lead to more isolation from the mainstream and sometimes they can have a devastating impact on functioning in a mixed society. Role playing groups may often be taken to extremes and cause developmental problems. I implore you to keep a balanced mix and not just hide in a closed door group reminiscent of when women in general were banned from men's social clubs.

deja true
04-26-2008, 02:05 PM
I don't think that's happening, Dr. Susan. In fact, Mercury's initial post brought out dozens of young 'uns that had been registered but hadn't posted 'cos they thought that the threads were dominated by older age questions and issues.

The young un's agitated for a section of their own and won it. Yay! They can retreat there any time they want. But, have you noticed? A lot of the young ones are now posting regularly in the open threads, too.

So the young section has given them a little more confidence, which is good, and while discussing among themselves, they've also come out to interact with the rest of us more, too. Which is great!

You go, young beauties! No matter what you've got to say, plenty here want to hear it...

Ressie
04-26-2008, 08:59 PM
I wish I had the body for it! Age is just a number, a number that represents years. I've always felt that we were all young once, and will all be old some day. It's just a matter of time. If age is viewed this way, there is no generation gap.

But if you're over 50 and want to look ridiculous, try going out dressed as a teenage girl. And if you're under 25, don't go out lookin' frumpy.

suchacutie
04-27-2008, 12:11 AM
Tina is just approaching her 3rd birthday. She's spent most of this time trying to learn and do it only very part time (having a teenager in the house makes anything private into a challenge!), so I'm delighted to have all the information available here. I also think that I've tended toward the dresses-stockings-heels-skirts directions because, frankly, I know how to wear jeans! It just happens that my wife prefers how I look in women's jeans, so I have very few male jeans at this point. I could easily put on so low-heeled shoes (if I owned any) and my lovely tight jeans with a top, wig, and light makeup and blend in pretty well, but dresses and skirts are much more of a challenge style-wise, and I enjoy the challenge! Casual, business, and dressy...I love it all and hope to have it all figured out to some competant level soon!

This is a great great thread!

Tina

KatrinaAshley
04-27-2008, 12:12 AM
Drats. A couple years too old for one side, not old enough for the other. Appears that I'm to continue on my own, as it has been and always will be.

scarlet
04-27-2008, 04:38 AM
well that thread was a long read MM I can totally understand your point I mean when I was your age I didnt have anything in common to talk about with my parents or any older generation for that matter. I like to still see myself as 20 something roughly when the avatar pic was taken :eek: Dam that was 27 years ago dont know how it all went by so fast but it seems to keep speeding by . I hope the younger members sortof keep in touch with us oldfolks on the main site out here so we dont lose touch . Or we could just rename the main part of the board The Nursing Home lol time for a nap :hugs::hugs:

Claire3
04-27-2008, 04:52 AM
Good thread.We're all differant.Sometimes i just like to wear my clothes,casual like you mention,like you see "real women" wearing.Sometimes i like to dress like a "****" and sometimes inbetween.

Alex!
04-27-2008, 10:53 AM
It would be great to have a "Younger" thread that stops at 40. I am 39 and feel a sense of being the "middle generation" of crossdressers here. Also, the fetish component doesn't interest me, but that sort of thing seems unavoidable.

I must say that I am interested in learning more from the younger generation of crossdressers, as I imagine the Internet has played an integral role in shaping your approach and style. Also, it seems to me the younger generation is much more tolerant in general than older generations, including mine.

Sedona
04-27-2008, 04:21 PM
MM,

Good topic. (disclaimer): I haven't read all the posts. But, it seems like there's much support for the younger gals. I'm closing in on 40, but look younger, and keep myself in good shape.

I'm way too tall and muscular to pass, but as I'm a "home only" CDer, I often trend toward what the younger women do regarding dressing. Easy to wear and cute outfits that come from places like Clothestime and alloy.com.

I'm sure others have said the same, but don't despair, in the couple of years I've been on the board here, the membership has grown A LOT, and there's someone on here who will mirror your tastes and be able to give relevant advice.

sammie
04-27-2008, 04:33 PM

Great Lashes TOO! , LUV Sammie

Stargirl
04-27-2008, 04:40 PM
Had I relied only on my age group for support, and advice, I am afraid I would have been quite miserable. Many heartaches were prevented by heeding the wise counsel of an Aunt, or Parent who had way more experience than I did. I found that my peers were so wrapped up in competing with one another, that many of them weren't terribly interesting after awhile. High school, especially. I try to learn from all people, no matter how many times their flesh has circled the sun. And then, of course, some people are to be avoided altogether.

TGMarla
04-27-2008, 07:27 PM
Ya know? I've always been partial to white purses. I sure wish that there was a place for me to talk to others about white purse issues. No one else seems to quite understand. You know, like using them only after Easter, and making sure they match your shoes. And the whole white glove thing....well, you know! But alas, I have no one I can relate to here, because there is no section I can go to where the "white purse" crowd can be together and just discuss our issues. *Sob!* I guess I'll just have to persevere as best I can.

Alex!
04-27-2008, 09:45 PM
When folks seek help, sarcasm doesn't do anything but make the transmitter feel clever and the recipient feel dissed. Especially around here, we need to be understanding even if we don't quite get it.

LoriTG
04-27-2008, 09:52 PM
I agree with you about most women don't go around everyday in heels and pantyhose. I'm older but like I said i agree.

~Lori

Ibuki_Warpetal
04-27-2008, 11:49 PM
I agree with you about most women don't go around everyday in heels and pantyhose. I'm older but like I said i agree.

~Lori

But do you know why? My opinion is that it's more work. I for one love hosiery for what it does to my legs, but I almost never wear it because I'm kinda lazy. So much easier to just put on some pants.
It seems to me the people who are really into wearing them all the time are the same kinda people who iron their shirts regularly. UGH.

Well, either that, or they just really like them.

Far as heels go, you got to be crazy. Majority of women I see who are not mountain hiking granola hippies (lots of those in Alaska) all wear heels, even if they aren't really high.

Yeah, I said granola hippes. They give me funny looks and I have a distaste for their daily attire. ):<

--

Oh, one more thing, I began wearing less hoseiry when I started dressing out of desires that were non-sexual. Possibly useful fact.

DanaJ
04-28-2008, 05:02 AM
I have only worn pantyhose once or twice ever, so that aspect doesn't interest me - so I just skip those threads :) Still, a younger section is a good idea and I'm glad that you have one now.

What happens when someone reaches 26 in that forum? Is there a Logan's Run thing going on and the member is kicked out on their 26th birthday? It just seems a little unfair that someone who is 26 and one day old cannot join, but that someone who joined at 25 years and 364 days old who joins gets to stay forever.

I am just curious on the policy, congrats on your section of our forum!

TGMarla
04-28-2008, 07:51 AM
When folks seek help, sarcasm doesn't do anything but make the transmitter feel clever and the recipient feel dissed. Especially around here, we need to be understanding even if we don't quite get it.Sure. Point taken. But we have separate forums for just about everything. As a society, we're trying to be so damn politically correct, we wind up pandering to every special interest group imaginable. I had though that this forum was more a place where we come together rather than seek to separate ourselves.

There are numerous threads from people here who love panties. I have worn panties so seldom, I could count it on one hand. So do we now get sections of this forum that cater to those of us who don't care for panties? How about pants? I don't wear women's jeans, and I figure I can wear pants any time I want to. So I tend towards skirts and dresses. New forum section there? So what if I like to wear pantyhose and someone who happens to be under 25 doesn't care for it? In my opinion, you're missing out there. And DanaJ's point is well taken as well. What happens when one turns 26? The generation before mine swore they'd never trust anyone over 30. They're all well into their 50's now. Who do they trust now?

My point, if you haven't figured it out by now, is that by making new forums for everyone who whines and complains does more to split us apart, rather than support and promote the unity and solidarity we should be pushing for. Where does it end?

Sedona
04-28-2008, 08:21 PM
Marla,

I know what you are saying, to a point.

I am in favor of creating forums for differing interests, granted there is enough interest. We've both been on here for a few years, and the amount of participants has grown ENORMOUSLY. No problem, but with the increased participation comes more need to help serve everyone.

I've seen new forums created in the past couple of years, and think that a young person's forum is a good thing, with participation limited to anybody who feels that they can contribute, no age boundaries.

Raquel June
04-29-2008, 08:57 AM
Far as heels go, you got to be crazy. Majority of women I see who are not mountain hiking granola hippies (lots of those in Alaska) all wear heels, even if they aren't really high.

Yeah... I don't see why people keep grouping heels and pantyhose together as things they don't see anymore. I've been to a lot of bars, and I've been to a lot of colleges, and I've been around a lot of younger professional women, and I've been to a lot of malls. Pantyhose aren't something you see that often, and they're not that casual, but tons of women wear heels. They wear heels with jeans, they wear heels with slacks, they wear heels with skirts. I'm not talking 5" stilettos, but I still see them a lot.

And just thinking of myself, I don't think the things I wear are that weird. And I have zero pairs of pantyhose, but I have 4 pairs of boots with 3-4" heels, and 2 pairs of kinda-fancy high heels, and 4 pairs of kinda casual heels. Even if it's a 1.5" sandal, I'd still consider it a heel.

My point, if you haven't figured it out by now, is that by making new forums for everyone who whines and complains does more to split us apart, rather than support and promote the unity and solidarity we should be pushing for. Where does it end?

Exactly.

Look at this thread. MM has not responded to anyone in a few days, and I'm wondering why she doesn't have anything to say. She has been on the forum and posting, but not on this thread. She's just been in the lounge and in the new forum.

Where's all this talk about younger styles? It still doesn't exist. The beauty & clothing forums are still pretty stagnant. Because that's not why she made this thread. She feels "out of place" because there aren't many people talking about college and video games in these forums. She wants her own little clique.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I do find it strange that these girls hang around a CD forum and have a healthy post count going when they don't really do much talking about CD'ing.

Sedona
04-30-2008, 06:03 AM
Exactly.

Look at this thread. MM has not responded to anyone in a few days, and I'm wondering why she doesn't have anything to say. She has been on the forum and posting, but not on this thread. She's just been in the lounge and in the new forum.

Where's all this talk about younger styles? It still doesn't exist. The beauty & clothing forums are still pretty stagnant. Because that's not why she made this thread. She feels "out of place" because there aren't many people talking about college and video games in these forums. She wants her own little clique.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I do find it strange that these girls hang around a CD forum and have a healthy post count going when they don't really do much talking about CD'ing.

Racquel,

I don't want to speak for MM, I'm sure she can do that for herself, but in thinking about my own life a few years ago, during my early 20s, I really hadn't built up much life experience about CDing. Certainly not enough to devote huge blocks on a web forum to.

I CDed, for sure, but most of my thoughts revolved around getting concert tix, how I would pay for student loans, if the chicks in No Cal were as hot as those in So Cal. You know, junk that many 22 year olds think about.

I hadn't yet come out to an SO and had to deal with the resulting problems, hadn't discovered the joys of MAC, or a Brazilian, or the breast form. You get the idea.

I don't care where MM is posting, or what her motivation is, or how much she posts about CDing, it's nice to have the differing viewpoints and personal histories represented.

JoAnnDallas
04-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Wife and I were in Walmart last night. As we shopped , I looked at a lot of the GG's shopping around us. I did notice a few that were wearing either a dress or skirt/blouse and heels. Not a lot, I would say 1 out of every 20 in the store but they are out there. This one GG, I just loved the dress and 3" black spike heels with a black bow on the toe that she had on. I tried to also notice if these GG's were wearing stocking or not. Most were not wearing stockings. Even the one that I loved her dress and heels was not wearing stockings as she lifted her heel out of her shoe at one point and it showed she was not.
I noticed most of the time when various GG's here at work would wear a dres or skirt to work, did not wear stockings. The only time I saw a majority of the GG's here at work all wearing dress/skirt/stockings was a funeral we all went to one day. I have to admit that some of the GG's that day really looked nice.

Kimmie
05-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Racquel,

I CDed, for sure, but most of my thoughts revolved around getting concert tix, how I would pay for student loans, if the chicks in No Cal were as hot as those in So Cal. You know, junk that many 22 year olds think about.

I'm 29 and think about all those things too. You don't stop thinking about student loans until you are like in your 40's when they are paid off. Also I have come to a definative conclusion................

So Cal girls are better looking. Compare the Laker girls to the average woman at a Giants game and you'll agree with me.

Jonien
05-03-2008, 11:11 AM

My Dear M/M Although I am with you on this I often think OMG but you have to except that this is were the fun is for crossdressers.
would I be right in thinking that you may be TS:hugs:

Baiken
05-10-2008, 04:24 PM
I would love to redirect some of the chan boards toward that section so that the younger CDs aren't just seeing people who are taking hormones and stuff, and frontal male nudity (if they're not into it).

I came here, to avoid the chans....or at least the CD/TG related boards, I'd see one discussion about important things in 10 pages of camwhoring...and then some of the replies were not the greatest, here it can be a little more private, and there's less trolling...

I don't think that's happening, Dr. Susan. In fact, Mercury's initial post brought out dozens of young 'uns that had been registered but hadn't posted 'cos they thought that the threads were dominated by older age questions and issues.

When i joined, i posted a little...i tried to fit in, but i couldn't. Most of the threads i read were about issues that didn't relate to my problems...I don't mind if the fashion is different at all, but some of the things i read just made me feel a little out of place
My interests and tastes, may be polar opposite to those of older members or the same age. However, I'm sure that issues/life problems are similar, even if lifestyles are very different.
Since trying to come back, and being able to be there, i'm sure i'd be around longer this time.

I know i'm late...and as always i suck at getting my point across, however, I came to this board because i was scared, desperate and about ready to leave this world...this forum helped me find a few answers, and gave me lots of links to places that could help me! I'm glad that it's here...because without it, I'm not sure i'd have even gotten to 2008
I love the younger board, and i'm sure it'll help me build the confidence to post around the other areas of the forum~
(it takes a lot for me to open up and talk, usually i'm ignored at first, but i'm a quiet person...it took me over a month to talk to someone at my work properly and open up, and they had the same interests! So it would be a lot harder to fit in, when most people are older than you + have different interests)

These are just my thoughts on the subject...no-one would probably agree or care, but it's how I feel, and i'd just like to thank the admins, for creating a sub-forum for those affected...

EDIT -

I don't

~Samm

Just wondering, but would this picture have been taken in Edinburgh? I think i know which area, since i was raised here...i've never left..heh
But i think i can see from your avatar the Lothian buses...
Sorry if this comment is out of place..

boy2girl31
05-19-2008, 02:46 AM
I'm 31 not too far from you age wise. But I recently moved from near Pittsburgh PA to OH and most of the gg's at clubs I went to favored short skirts, tight shirts and basic shoes. So I have to agree with you about the way for us who are young to dress but if you watch older women they do tend to be conseritive. It is simply a generation gap thing but they fit with their generation and we fit with ours.

JoAnnDallas
05-19-2008, 09:36 AM
racquel937......Yes I too have seen many women wearing heels with jeans, slacks, capries, skorts, and shorts even. It gets real hot (100's) here in Dallas, so I can understand why women don't wear pantyhose all the time. As a CDer I don't even wear pantyhose all the time. I went to my May Tri-Ess meeting with a skirt and 3" heels, but no panyhose. I do have one Tri-Ess sister that always wears pantyhose. So each to their own.

MentalMercury
05-19-2008, 10:35 AM
I keep seeing this thread come back to life. I have been reading and keeping up. I'm glad to see that the young section (although it moves slow) is bringing young people out, people much more like me, peers, and that's something that almost didn't exist when I first started posting here, which explains my 1 year gap of no posts. I still like to add what I can to the MtF CD section when I see something I can add to. When it's talk of wives, vacations, or a trip to the store, stuff like that, obviously I have nothing there.

I'm not a TS (like someone asked) and I don't go out casually, again I'm not trying to disrespect anyone's style though I can see how you can interpret it that way and I'm sorry if I stepped on any toes.

I'm thankful to the staff here for making the section and those who were nice and understood, thank you. And to the scarcastic/overly critical ones.. :slap:
One thing you probably don't know is that the only other community for young crossdressers are the 'chan' boards, and they're horrible for us. Like Baiken says, you wade through camwhoring posts, seeing more wieners than a hot dog stand if you want any relevant posts, and trolling is very loosely moderated there, also they'd have you feel that any CDing must lead to taking hormones.

Now if you see young people posting in MtF you'll think of it as a good thing yes?

Emily Anderson
05-19-2008, 10:44 AM
Hi Mental :)

I think it's great to see younger posters in the forum. Kinda makes me jealous that I didn't get my act together earlier in life, but on the other hand - and perhaps more importantly - it shows that the CD scene is progressing, which is definitely a good thing.

Donna Michelle
05-19-2008, 10:52 AM
You should visit MySpace and find friends that fit your style or age group, if that matters to you. I have friends who are close to your age and dress goth, punk or alternative. You dress like the girl you want to be.

You don't have to look like a mother, grandmother, teacher or secretary. To be honest, I don't always dress that way, either. I have a black leather skirt and sexy clothes, too. I wear different clothes for different occasions.

You are no less a m2f than anyone else, just because you choose to wear pants and no pantyhose. My wife is still a woman while wearing jeans and a t-shirt to remodel the house. No one questions her. Why should they question you?

You look great! Wear what you like. You wouldn't believe some of the clothes some of the mature gals wear. We just don't always post the photos.

As for more young people posting here, they probably find people at clubs, bars and so on. The older, married people that don't go clubbing are trying to find friends. We (older people) are grateful to the Internet to find people like ourselves. The young people can still look here, MySpace or other CD communities for friends and participate.

Is the age difference, style difference or just lifestyle (single vs. married) the issue? I do see that once you are married, you don't hang with the single people. When you talk about a movie, you mention how you just saw that new Pixar movie instead of some rated R movie when you have children. It is really a lifestyle thing, just as you finish school and get a job. Things change.

Raquel June
05-19-2008, 11:02 AM
I don't care where MM is posting, or what her motivation is, or how much she posts about CDing, it's nice to have the differing viewpoints and personal histories represented.

Sure... I wasn't trying to be that mean. I just couldn't help noticing that she largely disappeared (at least for a couple weeks) once she got her own forum, and I question if splitting off new forums is really useful to the community.

I mean, I share a lot of her sentiments, actually. I'd like to know more single CDs in their early 30s who like to go out and have fun. I don't have issues with being in the closet. I don't have issues with an unsupportive SO. But I kinda doubt it'd be productive to make a separate forum. I can make my own threads about my own topics when I want to talk about something.

I guess, though, that the main male-to-female section is a little over crowded. I actually don't really like posting in the main forum that non-members can see, and I can't always fit my CD-related thoughts into the fashion, beauty, and pictures categories. Oh well!

So maybe a new forum would be helpful in some way, but besides the fact that 18-25 is a very narrow range, I think making the new forum invite only has a few other problems:

- you're not going to really attract people as readily if they have to sign up for the site and make 10 posts then apply for the forum before they can even check it out

- there's obviously nothing stopping people from creating a bogus account

- it really alienates all the older CDs who are addicted to the forums. There are probably CDs sitting at home right now who have read everything else CD-related on the forum and are now thinking, "I wonder what's going on in that new forum!"

- The old and crusty CDs may be missing out on information that could keep them from looking so old and crusty.

MichelleOBrien
05-19-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm only 23, wear very little makeup (usually some light foundation, mascara, and a nice lip gloss), and I tend to wear jeans and tees or a corset depending on what I'm doing. I dress as full time as my job and time will allow. Yes it's different and yes it gets slightly unnerving to see the same posts about pantyhose and heels, but I've been here for a while now off and on. I've come to recognise that it's the style the older girls on here prefer, and I just casually overlook them most times.

But there was a time when I had problems with my family and SO(some probelms dealing with CDing, and some had nothing to do with it). Lemme tell ya. These "old cronies" gave me some of the best advice I've found so far. They really helped me through some tough times and I am grateful to them for that. This is more than just a "what are you wearing/what am I wearing" forum. It's a sort of family. God knows it's dysfunctional at best, but when it really counts, these girls will be there for ya.

MentalMercury
05-19-2008, 11:53 AM
There will always be naysayers. Even amongst your own. Maybe if you look at it from my perspective, someone in that age range, it made the difference between making a few posts then leaving when nothing catches my attention and actually getting involved. If you want to keep criticizing go ahead, I'm aware that you can't please everyone. You caught me sick and not in the best of moods this time.

Ayame
05-19-2008, 12:43 PM
I can honestly say that without the younger forums I would of never went and tried on any dresses, I would of never took any pics, and I prob would of quit using this site. I am now a lot more understanding of myself because of bonding with people around my age. I now post on the open forums and on the younger section as well but because of the younger section it has me posting on the open forums more. So its a win win situation right? You want us here and not secluded in our own little section I understand but just give us some time to crawl out of our cribs. It seems so far that nothing but positive has come to the people that joined it and this is a support site. So why must it be bashed if its having a positive impact? :cowdance:

Pandora
05-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Is this all just much ado about nothing? So there are some private sections. I've been here since March and just now noticed that there is a Genetic Male section. I'm wondering why? Maybe I'll apply and check it out. I'm still too busy reading all the sections I can see (and posting my :2c: as well).

And in regards to the different fashions I think many things factor in. Age, region, weather, occasion, this point in history. I know that the only clothing item I can buy in my local grocery store is pantyhose so someone must be buying them. I liken it to wearing a tie when I'm in guy mode. Guess what, I DON'T! Not even to weddings or Church anymore. My last job interview about 3 years ago I almost considered not wearing one to that. Times change and and fashion changes along with it. (for the record, I love stockings and pantyhose!) The last few GGs I dated rarely or never wore dresses, skirts and hose. And they were in their 30s. So go figure.

Bottom line for me is, we're still all here together right? I hear what some are saying about being divided and your points are valid. As long as people are kept out of sections there will be feelings of exclusion, but as long as all the tributaries feed into one big river I think it's all good. :hugs:

Emily Anderson
05-19-2008, 01:09 PM
This is such a funny thread.

I have just this to say: If you don't like it, move on!

I don't understand why anyone is debating whether or not having a seperate forum is good, bad, or ugly. The fact is that MM has asked for a seperate forum, and it as been accepted. If it works, all the better. If it fails, then so be it.

PM me if you have the perfect answer <rant off>

Jenny Doolittle
05-19-2008, 02:19 PM
I agree with you my dear. I view myself as one of the girls when out dressed. I go shopping in girly jeans, cute top, and a smile. I dont want to stand out, just be accepted. I too am a bit of an old broad with a young at heart mind.

Jenny

Ingo
05-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Yep, mostly it's jeans, flip flops, clean shaven tan legs in a skirt, or some pants and a few tight shirts.

And flats, which I hate!

I still love wearing hose and heels though.

Vivian Best
05-19-2008, 03:02 PM
It takes all kinds to make the world go around! I glad you young folks are here and share your outlook on life. Those here my age, three score and eight, lived in an age where you didn't get many opportunities to dress and when you did you went the distance.

Would I dress now as I did when I was your age? Nope!

Chrisacd
05-19-2008, 04:20 PM
I'm a 18 year old crossdresser and I just subscribed to the forums because I saw a younger section hoping to find someone my age to relate to. Most posts I have seen so far don't relate to me to really. I think a younger section allows more people to open up. When kids start highschool they talk to and hang out with freshman. Each grade level shares different experiences but they all go to the same school.

MentalMercury
05-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Hope you can find this place is a supportive environment, welcome.

Pamela Julie
05-19-2008, 06:22 PM
I am almost 59 and my favorite way to dress up is to wear jeans or denim knee length skirt, scoop neck tee in a solid color or flowery print, and athletic shoes with short white, powder blue, or pink socks. No jewelry, minimal makeup, and an above the shoulder wig. My purse is a small fanny pack worn loosely on my left hip. Quite different from the clothes talked about the most around here. On occasion, I will wear the more formal type clothes discussed most often in the forums, and I do like to make myself up sometimes. I guess thats the girl in me.

Pamela:)

azalea
05-20-2008, 12:24 AM
The thing I don't understand about why so many CDs want to wear heels is that most of them are taller than women to begin with! Why bring attention to your height with huge heels? I'm 5'9 and while ideally I'd love to wear 8 inch stiletto boots I would never actually wear them - when's the last time you saw a six foot woman in superhigh heels?

DanaJ
05-20-2008, 05:11 AM
I keep seeing this thread come back to life. I have been reading and keeping up.
If you have been keeping up, may I ask why my question way back last month (post 202) still hasn't been answered? You are welcome to PM me if you don't want to post on the open forum. Please don't take this as critical or sacrcastic, I am genuinely curious.

Now if you see young people posting in MtF you'll think of it as a good thing yes?Of course it is a good thing, it has ALWAYS been a good idea whenever anyone posts - variety is the spice of life. As I stated above, more power to you and congrats for getting your own section!

Tamara Croft
05-20-2008, 06:32 AM
If you have been keeping up, may I ask why my question way back last month (post 202) still hasn't been answered? You are welcome to PM me if you don't want to post on the open forum. Please don't take this as critical or sacrcastic, I am genuinely curious.Sure you are Dana... and don't give me that look :slap:

I will answer it, like the forum states 18 - 25, so when you do reach 26, then you're going to removed from that section, as harsh as that sounds, if we left everyone in there, the section would become redunant.

DanaJ
05-20-2008, 09:10 AM
Thank you Tamara - all I wanted was an answer to my question.

Oh, and you are getting far more than a look right now :tongueout

Since I have my answer, feel free to delete my last two posts here.

MichelleOBrien
05-20-2008, 01:23 PM
I'm a 18 year old crossdresser and I just subscribed to the forums because I saw a younger section hoping to find someone my age to relate to. Most posts I have seen so far don't relate to me to really. I think a younger section allows more people to open up. When kids start highschool they talk to and hang out with freshman. Each grade level shares different experiences but they all go to the same school.

that's a good way of putting it.

"Come together!" (fun any way you look at it.)

Pandora
05-20-2008, 02:28 PM
I will answer it, like the forum states 18 - 25, so when you do reach 26, then you're going to removed from that section, as harsh as that sounds, if we left everyone in there, the section would become redunant.

It'll be like a CDing Graduation! Could be a good excuse for a Prom.

MentalMercury
05-20-2008, 05:32 PM
Sorry I didn't answer you.

What I was shooting for with the heels and hose thing was "this is almost all I see here" and what I ended up portraying instead was "its dumb!" which I did not mean at all (I wear 'em too sometimes). So I've been trying to keep my sanity by skipping the posts that defend the hose and heels. Way to alienate myself off the bat... :doh: They say hindsight is 20/20, I realize now I should have used some other kind of example as to why, even here, I still didn't feel like I fit in. To describe how it felt when I was first posting, it's as if someone 50 years old walked into a college dorm party. Nowadays it's looking to be more mixed age groups :)

Seems some people have taken great offense to the young person's section, but that's an easy stance to take when you don't see why it would be needed or helpful. I for one felt like a major black sheep until the young section got up and rolling, and I would likely not be involved at all here anymore if it never happened, others have said the same. It's too bad I had to offend some to speak up about it but I hope at least there's more grateful than otherwise.

(edit)
Oh yeah and you can all point and laugh when I turn 26 and get kicked out of the little 'clubhouse' haha. I wouldn't be offended. It's not just for me, it serves a bigger purpose.

Myst
05-20-2008, 06:34 PM
Yes, the average girl doesn't wear heels and pantyhose. But the average girl doesn't wear a band T-shirt and boots, either.

It all depends on the type of crowds you hang out with! :D

True, the "average" girls probably don't wear too many band shirts, but of all the GG's that I know, most of them do... on a regular basis! :heehee:

But I understand where MentalMercury is coming from... and it just shows that there is a wide range of tastes and forms of expressions here. And for the younger ones here, I think that its great that you have this forum... I know if I had had a place like earlier, I may have discovered this part of me long ago.

Jannette H
05-20-2008, 07:31 PM
Ladies, We are all cross dressers that grew up in deferent eras. Mine like some of the ladies that are at least in their 50s and older grew up at a time when almost all women dressed up ie, dress, hose, heels just to go down town and shop and to see this seemed very normal at the time. Not just shopping, but to parties and formal and semi formal gatherings and to church. that was just the way it was. I am talking about from the late 50s through the mid to late 60s. It was a more glamorous era and one I wanted to be part of and it's still a part of me and a lot of us older CDs grew up then. Sure some of us wear attire that is dated but it's what we are happy with and what we are familiar with. Thats All:sb:

Raquel June
05-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Seems some people have taken great offense to the young person's section, but that's an easy stance to take when you don't see why it would be needed or helpful.

I'm not greatly offended, but I do think I had some valid points which you never responded to. And that's fine. I certainly don't have a problem with you or any of the younger girls.

Everything has its upside and downside, though. For some people a new forum is great, but if I was 60, I'd be a little sad that there was now an official "no old chicks" club.

This thread demonstrates that there are plenty girls over 25 who like younger looks. Should they be subversive and make fake accounts to see if anyone has good advice for them? I'm not condemning the new forum. I just question the policy here of having several invite-only forums.

Take the M2F transitioning forum. I don't think of myself as transsexual, but if someone gave me hormones I'd be taking them, and I have TS friends. Forcing us to conform to labels then segregating the forum along those lines isn't positive. Mods are vigilant about deleting even borderline inappropriate posts. I just think it'd be better to have those forums be at least read-only to members (at least the ones that don't have "clubhouse" in the name). But maybe I'm wrong.

Want2wearyourHeels
06-30-2008, 10:26 AM
The thing I don't understand about why so many CDs want to wear heels is that most of them are taller than women to begin with! Why bring attention to your height with huge heels? I'm 5'9 and while ideally I'd love to wear 8 inch stiletto boots I would never actually wear them - when's the last time you saw a six foot woman in superhigh heels?

i know a woman that is 6'2" and she wears 6 inch platforms said she loves the attention

Mydia
06-30-2008, 10:46 AM
Mercury, if not for you I wouldn't be here. It was because of you and this thread that I decided to join this site.

When I first found it I was like, "Meh, no one like me..." and turned away. But then I saw this thread, and, lo and behold someone EXACTLY like me! Not just in terms of age, but like...EVERYTHING! Thanks for being you. You're an awesome person and an awesome friend. So glad I met you and can't wait to meet you IRL at Connecticon :3

Much love,

~ Mydia

Bethany_Anne_Fae
06-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Oh yeah and I plan on cosplaying a female video game character at 2 major anime/video game conventions coming up :)

You going to dragon-con in august? I'm bringing Embyrre there to play.

Zara

KatrinaAshley
06-30-2008, 05:47 PM
I just think it'd be better to have those forums be at least read-only to members (at least the ones that don't have "clubhouse" in the name). But maybe I'm wrong.

That would be a nice idea. I'm just outside the limit so I won't be able to get in, but only 2 years difference means I could still relate to the younger group who are learning the process as I am. I feel a little silly asking all these questions from the older, or should I use the words more experienced, members with different tastes than mine. Surely no different than how they feel, which is why the area was created in the first place. However once they reach that age I wonder if they'll feel left out. Stuck in the middle and hesitant to post, just like I feel now.

27th Jennifer
06-30-2008, 06:00 PM

I'm only 32 (But I still feel like 25) and sometimes I feel the same way. I'm not really into the casual look (right now, anyway). I like the gothy club look, and I lean a little toward the drag queen side of things. It's great that everyone has their own way of making themselves feel feminine, but sometimes I feel a little left out, too.:sad:

I guess being early thirties is like being a 'tween here. (haha)

CharleneT
06-30-2008, 10:14 PM
I am just completely baffled by why anyone would care if the younger folks have their own forum. They want it and take care of it, and it works for them. If you are older, you can't go look, so ? Probably you would not be that interested in the topics anyhow. There are forums a plenty here with all kinds of wonderful talk and interactions. Let 'em have their house and do not worry about it, 'K ? !! Many have said that having that forum has resulted in them staying around once they found this site. Right there you have the good reason for the existence of that section. The additional insights from those younger folks, when they are writing in the other forums is well worth the small price of a separated forum. HECK, there is no real "price" ....

C.

Chantellexxx
06-30-2008, 10:51 PM
Interesting thread, I am 36 & I dress however I want, never like a buisness woman though. If others feel comfortable in that style great! In male mode I have always worn whatever I want, same in fem mode. I live in a hot climate so when I dress its usually hot pants, mini skirts, cut off tees ect. I"m very tall & only weigh 74kgs so I wear things that complement my body!:battingeyelashes: & enjoy every minute of it!!!!!:)
Chantelle...oxox...

sexydressernikki
08-26-2008, 04:16 PM
I'm new to this site but I have been dressing since I was little like 6 or 7 and I get more an more into it as I get older. I started off really slow wearing panties and bras with my cousin and thats when I realized I liked it. I like to wear tight jeans, skirts, fishnets, and tight shirts I really like to wear clothes that really make me feel sexy. I have not tried make up yet and do not go out dressed but I still have time. I'm only 21 and I'm on here really looking for other young people around my age to talk with about anything but would like to hear anyones opinions.

Amelia Moxon
08-26-2008, 04:43 PM

I guess at 24, nearly 25 I guess I am still a young un (only just). This is precisely how I like to dress, If I ever go back to fully dressing in public it is how I will continue to dress, (though my 6' 2" brick outhouse frame will make it hard to pass) have never been one for huge heels and tights. I tend to look at what women in my age group (20ish to 30ish) are wearing and go with that. Which most of the time is a nice top and shoes, coupled with a pair of jeans.

On a side note: I went out to re-tax my car today and put on a pair of black socks with a pink heel and toe, and slipped my flat Mary Janes on. Felt rather good actually :)

Amelia xxx

Cathytg
08-26-2008, 04:54 PM
You make a very good point. But in my case, it isn't that I want to be a woman; I just want to experience the role of the woman in my image. It is part fantasy and part ... well, maybe it is all fantasy. The dressing at all is the femme side of the behavior; the dressing up in heels and skirts is the fantasy part.

I wonder how much it really does have to do with age. Got to think about that for a while.

Lori31
08-26-2008, 11:31 PM
Being in my mid thirties my style also tends towards casual. Don't get me wrong I like dresses and pretty thing too but not for going out. My signature look is usually a pair of tighter jeans and a baby tee paired with heels or boots depending on the season and light makeup. And to top it all off a pair of earrings. Usually some larger hoops. I am never without earrings they are signature.

Ballerina
08-27-2008, 03:28 AM
Not to sound disrespectful or anything, but I would really like to see a board for the younger crossers. I feel a little lost and would like to meet others around my age (23).Especially since I have just started posting.

As for my style (even though I can't wear anything yet without a big fear of being caught by my evil mother), I love pantyhose, heels, and cute dresses/skirts. I love the look and feel. I think I like the more cutesy look because you just don't see it anymore.. Goth and plain jane style is fine and all, but it's just not for me.

As for that post, I had to roll and laugh. My friend's girlfrind is almost 7' and she wears what she calls her "hooker heels" all the time.

Katheryn
08-27-2008, 06:40 AM

There's a bit of a generation gap between many of the users and yourself, yes, but you are growing up in a time where it's a bit more accepted and there's tons more information available with the advent of the internet. I grew up in a time where there was no such information, and I thought I was the only person in the world with such urges. At that time, women wore the things you speak about pretty much all the time. So, I think, many of us who are contemporary, flash back to those Sunday newspaper ads where you got to drool over, er, look at the pictures of women's undergarments and such that were on sale at whatever store.

Today, GG women have a greater range of choices of clothing and can dress almost however they wish, from manly to femmy, as can CD's, emulating those women. However, most of us who grew up "back when" like I did go for the looks of the women we grew up with, also, someone over 50 in the type of clothing you mention would look odd, GG or CD.

Kate