PDA

View Full Version : Last meeting

jill s
04-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Today will be my last meeting with a therapist. She has been great but all the talking changes nothing for me at home. I have come to realize that my wife and I have very different views about my being trans. I don't want to keep trying to make cross dressing a subject we can deal with together. I love her and know she loves me but this one thing we can never share. She knows I dress when I can be alone at home. I have also given up on going to our local transgender group for support as I fear I may like being out of the house dressed too much to not let it get out of hand and destroy my marriage. I hate the isolation and lonelynes of this life but feel I have no choice if my marriage is to survive. I hope nobody minds but this internet place is really my only outlet and I just had to let this out.
Jill S

Darlene Rochelle
04-07-2008, 01:01 PM
I feel your pain sweetie! My spouse is having mental health issues,and I am not sure how much more of my trans issues she can deal with.

Emily Ann Brown
04-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Same reason I quit therapy. Only difference is mine left one day.

Understand that need to be mentally "intimate" with someone who knows what I'm thinking without me wasting 30 minutes trying unsuccessfully to explain it. I'm around weekdays 9 AM to 5 PM usually if you need to IM and empty to a fellow traveler.

Emily Ann

Daintre
04-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Jill, you are welcome here in any capacity. I can see much thought has been put into your decision making.

jill s
04-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Thanks all of you. Don't know were all that came from but was dressed all morning and got on the site right before I had to guy up. I did take some out on the tree in the back yard that has been waiting all winter to be cut up. Another hour till my appointment, maybe time for something lacy after a shower.

Jill,the lumberjack(or lumberjill?)

terri jane
04-07-2008, 02:58 PM
i can relate. saw a therapist for awhile to try and explain to the wife but she is totaly unaccepting. so back in the closet for home alone or on the road. this site has been helpful because there are times i feel completely alone. terri:sad:

Ruth
04-07-2008, 03:49 PM
I am still seeing my therapist and I like and respect her very much. I do sometimes sense something of the problem that you have though.
Ultimately my therapist is devoted, professionally, to me and my welfare and she is, I believe, prepared to tell me to prefer my own wellbeing over my wife's if the two are in direct conflict. We have not encountered this conflict directly yet but she is far more encouraging of my CDing than my wife is.
She knows I want to resolve my CDing within marriage and I am not looking for justification to go our separate ways.
I don't imagine anybody told you this was going to be easy...

harmony
04-07-2008, 05:31 PM
hugs sis!

Susan.
04-07-2008, 07:52 PM
I went to a therapist for a long time. I absolutely loved going even I never dressed. My last meeting included my wife. I felt like they ganged up on me and the meeting ruined all the positive I had gotten.

Angie G
04-07-2008, 08:03 PM
That's why we are here Jill Any time you need us hun :hugs:
Angie

danielle_from_cal
04-07-2008, 08:15 PM
You have to put your marriage ahead of your crossdressing. Well, actually, you need to learn to lie and hide things. You are not going to stop crossdressing and your wife will probably never accept it (by the sounds of it).

I said above that you need to "lie", but that is not really true. You just need to think like a lawyer: Say whatever you have to to get away with it and learn to be sneaky. You do not have to give up crossdressing. You just have to make your wife think that you gave it up.

It may seem like I am telling you that you have to be some sort of devious prick or something, but that is not the case. It's merely a case of adapting to the circumstance that you are facing.

Give it some thought. You are actually in a good position. Think positively!