PDA

View Full Version : Shopping at WinCo (grocery store)

Dawn D.
04-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Sunday, my wife and I went to get our monthly grocery shopping done early (6 am.) So, I asked her two nights before whether or not Dawn could be her shopping partner. She said "we'll see". Sunday morning came and again I asked if this would be okay for her. She agreed! So off to WinCo we went. I wore a pair of GV jeans, a pull over, embroidered, peach colored tee with a black sweater jacket including a faux fur lined hood and my brand new propet' pink trimmed sneakers (love them). Also a very nice short length wig and lite makeup.

When we arrived the place looked like a empty department store. Except that it was swarming with shelf stockers in nearly every aisle. I pushed the cart as my lovely wife read her list and commenced to emptying the shelves they just stocked...hehehe. I was really quite at ease and I know that I was not really passing very well, since I had only light foundation and no concealer on so the beard shadow was showing (confirmed by my wife). We wandered the aisles for more that an hour. Anyway, yes, the stock people did a few double takes and the check-out lady did just that (checked me out)too. Though nothing was heard being said about me at all and yes, I had my E.A.R.D.A.R.E. on. However, I didn't really care one bit and my wife didn't either. Hell we made their wages all on our own so they better not say anything! Next we went down the street and bought our early morning coffee and waved at the girls there too:hello:! All in all it was fun to finally get out of the house as Dawn. It's been a while.

Dawn

shannonsilk
04-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Great story. It 's always good to get out and it sounds like Dawn needed an outing. Good for you.