PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, another rant about Thomas Beatie

Zedster_The_Myuu
04-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Hey guys,

I know a lot of guys are against Thomas getting pregnant and sensationalizing it, but it still pisses me off a lot to see videos such as this on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwwaFKHkJMA
He is a very courageous man, and is doing it for his wife, so I won't say anything against him.

ZenFrost
04-07-2008, 03:53 PM
:Angry3: That just pisses me off so much! What he's doing is amazing, he doesn't deserve to be treated like that. It truly sickens me that people would do that.

SirTrey
04-07-2008, 04:37 PM
I thought about posting a response, but, I honestly think that most people are too closed minded and ignorant to get it...they would probaby just sit and try to think of the rudest thing they could come up with to say...and, frankly, I am sick of dealing with people like that at this point.

Tamara Croft
04-07-2008, 06:35 PM
There's a load of them, but this one in particular has pissed me off, the comments in them are unbelievable and I've posted quite a few replies... obviously they aren't liked lol.. someone gave me a thumbsdown... gits...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zqOj-6roirc

ZenFrost
04-07-2008, 06:54 PM
There's a load of them, but this one in particular has pissed me off, the comments in them are unbelievable and I've posted quite a few replies... obviously they aren't liked lol.. someone gave me a thumbsdown... gits...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zqOj-6roirc

I had to stop reading the comments because they were pissing me off so much, but I liked your replies. :hugs:

Zedster_The_Myuu
04-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Tamara, your comments made my day. Reading about Thomas Beatie made me really sad. He is already such a successful man, but now how many people will go back to calling him "she" and "her" just to spite him, to let him know that he's not fooling anyone, the "hey I saw you on TV and I KNOW you're a fake man" meaning. I guess I've been hanging out in the TG world for so long that I forget SO many damn clueless and close-minded people in the world still exists...

kerrianna
04-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Yeah, people are so brave on things like youtube, where they can post evidence of how moronic they are without fear of repercussions.

I think youtube is probably the best example of how great and how evil the net can be. I haven't got time for the shallow end.

I really hope that Thomas and his partner knew what they were in for when they went public. It's one thing doing a story for The Advocate, but another when the mainstream shark grabs hold of your limbs for the feeding frenzy.

Insecure people acting from fear are ugly. There are way too many of them, and too much encouraging of their reactions, in our society for my taste. But I guess you change things by being brave and stepping out.

KrazyKat
04-08-2008, 12:00 AM
I can't believe so many people have nothing to do but hammer out insults to something they know nothing about!! :eek:

I could not believe how unforgiving and hateful people can be, just goes to show their is a reason there is so much violence in the world, because of people being so closed minded and scared of anything that hasn't been around for 1000 years or something. Many people are still in the caveman era in their thinking, IMHO.

Why can't they just "see" with their hearts, they would understand then!!:hugs:

Lora Olivia
04-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Why can't they just "see" with their hearts, they would understand then!!:hugs:

Don't this just say it all. If only the whole world could just do that,OMG Paradise found!!!

Ayame
04-19-2008, 10:58 PM
I for one am in favor of him having a kid. I think It would be a great step in the right direction to help give others courage who were afraid to do so before. Not to mention I'm sure he would be a great parent