PDA

View Full Version : College age cross dressers?

Ayame
04-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Hi I'm new to this group and was looking for some people around my age to talk to. I am 22 and just looking for people like myself that are around my age to talk to. This is not a thread to hate on the older crowd in anyway its just that I feel more comfortable talking to someone around my age. I'm quite confused about my cross dressing and would like to talk to others around my age about their confusion and problems or how they overcame them. For the most part I enjoy dressing like a man however I do enjoy dressing for a sexual thrill at times and at other times I just want to dress fem to dress fem. So I'm a little confused on why I dress and I'm not looking for people to hook up with or talk dirty to I'm in a very good relationship with a girl who accepts me for me yet as much as she is willing to listen its still kind of hard to explain stuff to her that I don't understand myself. So anyone that wants to talk and be my friend just let me know because it seems hard to find people around my age that are going through what I'm going through.

LizSummers
04-08-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm 24 - I've been dressing for about 6 years, with an ever increasing wardrobe. I suspect that there are more of us younger ones than we think! I'm still trying to figure myself out, but if you ever feel like talking, I'm around :)

Valerie Nicole
04-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Hey there, I'm a couple years younger than you (Age 20), but you can message me whenever you want. Can't say I've completely figured out this crazy crossdressing world of ours, but I sure do love to talk about it.

emachine39
04-08-2008, 06:40 PM
I'm a 20 yr old crossdresser

Norman
04-08-2008, 06:44 PM
i'm a 21 year old crossdresser and i'm pretty confused about it all too so if you want to talk i'm here

LizSummers
04-08-2008, 06:45 PM
It's been echoed in another thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80293) but how do you all feel about a specific forum for us younger folk? :)

MentalMercury
04-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Glad to see this 'movement' is taking off! 22yrs myself :) As for reasons why.. I feel that I am probably the same way as you lolita.. Sometimes for the thrill, sometimes just because it feels good, like a temporary escape from responsibilities. Also thank your lucky stars that your girlfriend is accepting. I really do think now that people like us couldn't sustain a loving realtionship with a woman who is unaccepting. Also, you'd be surprised once you start to open up slowly.. I'm working hard on that myself, surprised that anyone that you can consider a true friend wouldn't judge you, and if not, they're not worth the time to fret over. So far most of my friends know about my habits, and my coworkers have a good idea, especially since I'm going to be dressed as a female character at an anime/video game convention coming up that almost all of them are going to, so no worries.. this is fun stuff and I wouldn't want to be any other way :)

Ayame
04-08-2008, 07:01 PM
which convention I might be going to anime next if i have the money and if any of you have screen names or myspaces send them in a message so its easier to keep in contact, its good to know I'm not the only one going through what I'm going through haha

MentalMercury
04-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Otakon, the big one! 20,000 people there and I'm going to be dressed as Lulu from Final Fantasy 10. Good thing crossdressing/crossplaying is way more accepted in this day and age and especially in the anime/video game nerd crowd.

DanaB
04-08-2008, 07:13 PM
19 year old CDer here :)

Jenna Stunned
04-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Not in school but younger i guess. Im 26 And still very new to all of it. Its nice to see a younger group on here.

Not that any of the other ladies on here aren't young.

ShannonGermany
04-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Guess i'm still one of the kids here :) I'm 25

Jessica Jameson
04-08-2008, 08:28 PM
26 here, taking a little break from college though

gretchen_love
04-08-2008, 08:50 PM
I'm 20 and have been CDing in some form for 5 or 6 years...glad there are other young girls here!!!

Ashley Lynn Swift
04-08-2008, 09:06 PM
i'm 25, i'm not really new to cding or public cding since i had no choice but to cd in public, as a kid, but still new to learning to understand my transgender issue's

Stormgirl
04-08-2008, 09:09 PM
College seemed like a long time ago.

tanyachaos
04-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Twenty and college here. I am beginning to explore more, so maybe we could have some fun chats. ^^

Feel free to send me a message.

I think I do it because... I feel better as a woman. I want to be softer, to wear pretty things, because I am more than just a man or a woman, I am a human, so I want to explore our culture to the fullest.:daydreaming:

LizSummers
04-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Twenty and college here. I am beginning to explore more, so maybe we could have some fun chats. ^^

Feel free to send me a message.

I think I do it because... I feel better as a woman. I want to be softer, to wear pretty things, because I am more than just a man or a woman, I am a human, so I want to explore our culture to the fullest.:daydreaming:

One thing that I love about dressing is that I always feel better about how I look. I always feel pretty and sexy when I'm dressed - I feel special and maybe a bit exciting! I always had low self-esteem and image problems when I was a teenager, but dressing up makes me feel better about myself. And it's fun! (maybe one day, I'll venture outside.)

tanyachaos
04-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Yes... that's it too. Same here, small rural town, wouldn't have gone over very well as everyone knew everyone.

Outside... been to a few parties with close friends dressed, but nothing other than that.

KellyCD
04-08-2008, 09:27 PM
I am one of the young(er) ones, 25 here.

Mashough
04-08-2008, 09:38 PM
I am not in your age group,but looking at the group of lovely lady's like you take me back to my early years.:love:

CalvinKlein
04-08-2008, 10:14 PM
21 here and just about graduate. I'm just a lingerie wearer at this point and happy with just that right now.

trannie T
04-08-2008, 10:15 PM
I'm going to college. Does this make me college age?

tanyachaos
04-08-2008, 10:42 PM
I'm going to college. Does this make me college age?

Yes it does, darling.

emily<3<3
04-08-2008, 10:47 PM
woot 18 im one of the youngest =D
ha yea i dont know im not so confused about this anymore though

i like to do it. its fun why should people care =D
well yea ive been looking for younger people on this furom for a long time.
but yea you need to talk about anything im here too =D
but i forum for younger cd's would be fun to have

countrygirl
04-08-2008, 10:58 PM
Amanda Here,

I am 26 yr old here....

TracyH
04-08-2008, 11:16 PM
"College age" isn't very descriptive. I'm 31 and starting on my junior year this fall.

gagirl1
04-09-2008, 12:15 AM
23 year old college student (yeah i know, need to graduate already, right?). anyways, i'm in a very similar situation. just getting into it and confused about where things are headed. sometimes i wish i could walk around campus dressed up, but there are way too many conservative southerners here that would probably stone me. heck, i walked around campus with 4 tibetan monks one day and people gave us the, "are you from mars?" looks. funny then, but i'd hate be caught with my skirt down so to speak. feel free to message me whenever you would like to talk. it would be nice to find some cd friends i can chat with. also, i'm not a creepy pervert so you don't have to worry about that.

Katelyn
04-09-2008, 12:22 AM
I wish you had thought of this thread just a little sooner. I guess I missed the cutoff age by 9 days.:doh:

victoriamwilliams1
04-09-2008, 12:38 AM
I wish you had thought of this thread just a little sooner. I guess I missed the cutoff age by 9 days.:doh:

I missed it by 11 years!

thwaiter
04-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Hi all, I'm 25 and from Australia. I've been cding off and on for about 8-9 years and am still a little scared, shy and self conscious of myself for being the way I am. I don't go out in public en femme but I do learn ballet. I would love to talk to some of you that are around my age about cding and hope to make some new friends. Please feel free to message me.

Stormgirl
04-09-2008, 12:53 AM

And me by a couple of years :brolleyes:

Alex-is
04-09-2008, 01:08 AM
Hi I'm new to this group and was looking for some people around my age to talk to. I am 22 and just looking for people like myself that are around my age to talk to. This is not a thread to hate on the older crowd in anyway its just that I feel more comfortable talking to someone around my age. I'm quite confused about my cross dressing and would like to talk to others around my age about their confusion and problems or how they overcame them. For the most part I enjoy dressing like a man however I do enjoy dressing for a sexual thrill at times and at other times I just want to dress fem to dress fem. So I'm a little confused on why I dress and I'm not looking for people to hook up with or talk dirty to I'm in a very good relationship with a girl who accepts me for me yet as much as she is willing to listen its still kind of hard to explain stuff to her that I don't understand myself. So anyone that wants to talk and be my friend just let me know because it seems hard to find people around my age that are going through what I'm going through.

Hey, im with ya, im 20, in the middle of college. Ive delt with this random desire of mine for the past four or so years. It is a really tough thing to talk about, wrestle with, figure out, ect... I hang in rather conservative circles as well, which makes it so much harder to dress.

I'm pulling for ya, We're all in this together

Apaulo
04-09-2008, 01:24 AM
Yeah, I'm one of the youngest, only 18.

I think it's great to know that there are others my age out there.

I've never really had a desire to go out in public or anything like that. I just enjoy dressing up in private and enjoying some time alone. Sometimes it helps me think, sometimes it motivates me and sometimes I just enjoy doing it.

Also it can give me an adrenaline rush at times and I like to workout then, I can always to more sets/reps when I'm dressed.

But like most of you I'm still figuring it all out.

satin_luva
04-09-2008, 01:39 AM
Hello Lolita. I'm 20.
I am not confused about my CDing at all. I'm not exactly sure how I came to love wearing lingerie and dresses and I'm afraid of certain people finding out about it but other than that I completely love to dress privately and fulfill myself.

If you enjoy doing it, and it's legal and it's not a common payout or anything like that just keep doing it if it makes you happy.

Catchup later

MarciManseau
04-09-2008, 09:46 AM
I'm 27, been full time for almost 7 years now. I began dressing up when i was 6, with my older sister's help. I live with my gg gf Julie, and she's totally fine with me being transgendered. In fact, we met after I went full time, so she's never seen me any other way.

Messsage me anytime if you want to talk here, or on Yahoo. There I'm MarciManseauNY

Hugs, Marci :hugs:

joselyn318
04-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Hey there! I am 25 and a grad student. I have been dealing CD'ing since I was a preteen. As a poor married grad student, It is sometimes hard to juggle dressing with basic expenses. Thrift stores basically become your best friend during these times.

Raquelle C
04-09-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm 26 and have been CD'ing since high school. First memories bring me back to early childhood. Thankfully I never had to deal with living in dorms or on campus, but still my SO is the only one that knows about this side of me... other than everyone here of course! Living in my home town and collegetown I have thought about going out dressed, but there are too many people that I know that I would not want to bump into. I'm sure many others are in a similar situation...

I also have to mention that I dress for both the thrill and for just being fem, it depends on my mood. I have learned from some of the more experienced members here that they also dressed for more of a sexual thrill in their younger years. I am here trying to figure myself out too! It's much like a roller coaster and definately cyclical.

Ibuki_Warpetal
04-09-2008, 01:34 PM
I'm 25 and crossdress openly. I have a kinky side that I'm not that open about, but I dress pretty trendy, otherwise.
I'm bigendered and I've been like this as long as I can remember.

gretchen_love
04-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Hey there! I am 25 and a grad student. I have been dealing CD'ing since I was a preteen. As a poor married grad student, It is sometimes hard to juggle dressing with basic expenses. Thrift stores basically become your best friend during these times.

Even though I'm not in grad school, salvation army makes my life...being a poor college student sucks!

lucya_od
04-09-2008, 03:25 PM
I am one of the young(er) ones, 25 here.

well i would have to say the same thing as kelly, but i am 4 years younger, i am 21 years old.
i have been doing cding since i was 6 years old, but now, i am a tg/ts.

MentalMercury
04-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Heres a topic for us young people... Who else is spending their income tax return on CD related things? Im buying a costume for an anime convention that im crossplaying at :)

LizSummers
04-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Mine's going towards a deposit for an apartment in San Francisco :D
I've really got an urge to get a dress too... but I haven't been able to find anything that I like :S

Jenna Stunned
04-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Heres a topic for us young people... Who else is spending their income tax return on CD related things?

Ohh that sounds like a good idea. I was going to put it toward bills, But that sounds way more fun. Oh man your gonna get me in trouble.

Where are you getting you costume from??

Ayame
04-09-2008, 04:06 PM
I completely forgot that was coming. haha WIN!

Heres a topic for us young people... Who else is spending their income tax return on CD related things? Im buying a costume for an anime convention that im crossplaying at :)

Chloe Renee
04-09-2008, 04:12 PM
I'm happy to see there are so many sub 30 people here. I started to think I was one of few. However I notice that most including my self have lower post totals. Have fun at con, in general people in fandom are accepting of just about any lifestyle. I'm hoping to set up some crossplay panels for a future sci fi convention. I've see quite a bit of crossplay/crossdressing at conventions that needs a little help.
I hope that this gen X movement continues.

MentalMercury
04-09-2008, 04:15 PM
I bought it from ebay and it's due to arrive any day now. I'm excited! I'm going as Lulu from Final Fantasy 10, camt wait. I'll post a pic of the character later because I'm posting from an ipod touch rightnow. Lol.

/tech geek

Jenna Stunned
04-09-2008, 04:19 PM
. I'll post a pic of the character later because I'm posting from an ipod touch rightnow. Lol.

/tech geek

You can do that from an ipod??? Oh god. ok now i feel old.

Sarah89
04-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Well..college age :p - um I guess I mabye should be in college , but im working instead lol :p

18 here.

Raquelle C
04-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Thankfully I am breaking even with uncle Sam this year. Oah the benefits of being self-employed ;)

Ibuki_Warpetal
04-09-2008, 06:19 PM
My tax return and related incomes are going to student loans.
One day they will leave me alone. :/

MentalMercury
04-09-2008, 06:50 PM
Here's pics the character I bought the outfit for, as promised :) And of course I don't have any boobage, especially not like hers, but I have seen plenty of pictures of real girls without gigantic boobs that do a good job of her costume, so I'm going for it! The fur thing at the front would just sit higher up on my chest than in her concept art.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w121/mentalmercury/Misc/10-lulu2.jpghttp://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w121/mentalmercury/Misc/lulu-final-fantasy-x.jpg

TracyH
04-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Here's pics the character I bought the outfit for, as promised :) And of course I don't have any boobage, especially not like hers, but I have seen plenty of pictures of real girls without gigantic boobs that do a good job of her costume, so I'm going for it! The fur thing at the front would just sit higher up on my chest than in her concept art.

pictures

What you do is you take some duct tape, and you start it on one pec near the armpit and pull it across to the opposite side, then you do the same with the other pec. It should make some pretty decent cleavage.

Shave first.

MentalMercury
04-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the advice, but believe me, there's nothing to conjure up there, lol. I'm a skinny dude.

Marissa Mae
04-09-2008, 08:40 PM
I just turned 27, graduated from college last year. Before college I hadn't accepted my CD'ing, didn't know if I was straight or gay, thought something was wrong with me, and on top of it had a gf that was really down on me about it :doh: But with the help of this site, I got things sorted out, and I think I am on an enlightened path now :o

I know now what needs to be done, where I need to go, but I am still stuck at the front door, literally :heehee: Only 2 people currently know I dress, so it limits my "world"... I don't have anyone to go out with, talk to this with etc. I am lonely in that respect, except for the boards, but would much prefer talking to someone in person. What scares me is that someone says that they just want to meet and talk when in fact they may have ulterior motives, so to speak :o Hopefully when the time comes to meet someone face to face, I am proven wrong. Like you, I have a wonderful GG GF, so any talking from me is entirely platonic.

Anyways, I know where you are at at this point in your life, as I was recently there myself. If you need to talk, PM me, I would love to share experiences. Your description of yourself in the first post almost describes me to a T, so we probably have a lot in common!

Welcome to the boards!

thwaiter
04-09-2008, 08:46 PM
I think going by your avatar the the pic you posted of the costume you're going to wear it will like nice and pretty on you. I hope it works out for you.

Marissa Mae
04-09-2008, 08:51 PM
I think going by your avatar the the pic you posted of the costume you're going to wear it will like nice and pretty on you. I hope it works out for you.

I need an avatar, hmm..

MentalMercury
04-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Hey callie ente, I like that user name.. nice little play on words Xp, maybe I'm the only one who got it?

And I've talked quite a bit with xxlolitaxx as well and have seen lots of similarities in how/why we dress and other issues, so we're all just starting to come together now, I think it's a great thing.

And I agree, be very weary of who you meet online and what they may be expecting.

Ibuki_Warpetal
04-09-2008, 09:42 PM
maybe I'm the only one who got it?

Nope.

KatrinaAshley
04-09-2008, 10:16 PM
I'm also around that age, can I join in? I was pretty young when this all began. As for understanding why, the answer continues to escape me. I'm certainly curious about going out but am unsure if I will since nobody knows this side of myself. I hope. As well as never having felt an attraction to either sex all I can say is I enjoy exploring my options without a clear goal or reason.

I wish I had the necessary skills to design and sew a character costume. I'd have to order one from overseas to find one of decent quality and with my measurements.

MentalMercury
04-09-2008, 10:27 PM
hey I paid a good bit for mine but when I ordered it, they had the option to give custom measurements, so I put on whatever I planned to wear under it for shape, and had my best GG friend measure me :) also any website that does commissions I'm sure has seen lots of crossplayers in their work and wouldn't bat an eye at seeing an order from a guy. Limebarb.com does commissions, but thats just one small site of many, google it up!

thwaiter
04-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Sorry to be confusing Callie Ente, I was talking about MentalMercury, and how I think that she'd look quite good in the costume she just bought. I hope I'm not saying anything silly or stupid. Once again sorry about the confusion.

KatrinaAshley
04-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Perhaps I shall. It's weird how you don't expect to go far with this but as you become more comfortable with yourself it begins to add up. A few years ago I wouldn't have dreamed of owning more than a few cheap items. Now I have a wig, heels, forms, and some clothing, with plans to buy a few more and a possible willingness to go ahead like you have. Then that opens up more problems. With so many beautiful character choices how do I pick just one or keep from spending way too much?

Boy oh boy is our hobby difficult.

docrobbysherry
04-10-2008, 12:46 AM
I just tuned in to this thread. Have any of u noticed something?

U want to rap with young CDs, and that seems to be all that r posting here!

I think that should encourage u shy, young things to post more! If u start threads about stuff only 20 somethings r interested in, few oldies will follow it or chime in!

And if u ever want some answers, there r a LOT of older girls here who started dressing when u did. No, not me. Some of u have dressed a lot longer than I have!
I'm learning from EVERYONE, even u sprouts!

RachR
04-10-2008, 07:57 AM
I'm 29 and working on my second degree, can I join in? ;) The majority of the people I interact with on a daily basis are in their late-teens to mid-20s so I like to think I'm not that out of touch. It hasn't been that long since I was that age, has it? :o

On another note: MM that costume looks like allot of fun! I'm so jealous; I could never pull it off ;)

alisontv_uk
04-10-2008, 08:42 AM
2 years over the 30 mark i am afraid but can fully understand where your all coming from. i was still at school when i first started dressing at 13 years old. in private with the usual stuff from the mums draws and wardrobe. it scared the hell out of me and i was very confused. but 19 years later i am peace with who i am and what i like. and a passion for clothes. its great to see younger CD`ers on the forums and i hope you all post more.

Alison
x

joselyn318
04-10-2008, 09:22 AM

my tax return went towards a conference in Rio de Janeiro. My federal refund is going towards paying off a credit card and the other half into savings.

sexotik
04-10-2008, 09:32 AM
hello, I'm 20 and you can write to me whenever you like or you feel like getting sth off your chest. Just like you, I am going through so much confusion and it's nice to talk to someone in a similar situation

gretchen_love
04-10-2008, 11:40 AM
I wish I made enough money at my on campus job to actually merit a tax return of more than like fiftythree cents...i guess I could buy like the foot of on stocking with that...

MentalMercury
04-10-2008, 07:26 PM
My costume came in, but I had it shipped to one of my frined's houses. =D. Preliminary Lulu pics may be coming soon.. who knows it could be the first post of the young section to kick things off if it's ever made. I say preliminary because I don't have the long hair braids for the back, the hairsticks, or the right makeup yet, or a moogle to carry around for that matter. It's going to be such a fun costume.

Jenna Stunned
04-10-2008, 07:36 PM
sounds great can't wait to see it. Where might you find a mougal???

SephiCD23
04-10-2008, 07:57 PM
22.75 years old. I have some of the same reasons as others have mentioned, thrill and escape from myself. :)

Marissa Mae
04-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Sorry to be confusing Callie Ente, I was talking about MentalMercury, and how I think that she'd look quite good in the costume she just bought. I hope I'm not saying anything silly or stupid. Once again sorry about the confusion.

:hugs: No no, it's ok. I just noticed that I have been on these boards for a while and didn't have an avatar, so I was just thinking outloud, thats all :)

Hey callie ente, I like that user name.. nice little play on words Xp, maybe I'm the only one who got it?

And I've talked quite a bit with xxlolitaxx as well and have seen lots of similarities in how/why we dress and other issues, so we're all just starting to come together now, I think it's a great thing.

And I agree, be very weary of who you meet online and what they may be expecting.

Thanks for the compliment :) I don't know why I chose this name, as I am neither Hispanic nor would I ever choose "Callie" as my fem name :p Still am searching for the right name I guess.

In the case of the OP, I would venture to say that she may want to speak with someone who can more relate to her position in terms of how far along the path of self discovery she is. A lot of people on here (thanks to this site) have been in her shoes, made that journey, so we me be sort of "ahead" of her. It's great to speak to someone who has been through it, but at the same time it is best to speak to someone who is at the same place you are.

My GG GF is the same way: she wants to talk to someone in the same boat as her right now. I guess it's more of a comfort/ relate-to sort of thing.

MentalMercury
04-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Haha that is quite funny Calllie Ente.. "I'm neither hispanic nor would I choose Callie as my fem name".

And I agree, it's way more comfortable talking to someone your own age and feeling the same way. I definately still consider myself 'feeling this whole thing out' even though it's been around for years.

And johnstun... a moogle is a Final Fantasy creature, Lulu carries a moogle doll around in her arms.

Apaulo
04-11-2008, 12:08 AM
Yeah, I can't wait to see that costume, I think you'll look great in it. I'm going to an anime convention this year, but I'm going with lots of friends and none of them know about my dressing. So unfortunately I'm going as a man, but my costume will be based off of Sheik from Zelda.

My income tax is going towards paying of my car.

Ibuki_Warpetal
04-11-2008, 12:26 AM
unfortunately I'm going as a man, but my costume will be based off of Sheik from Zelda.

Maybe you can convince your friends of how awesome it would be to hide a Zelda dress underneath and switch on the fly a la Smash Bros. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/|Z|Ryuken/emotes/dance.gif
and do the little secret noise, doodle oodle oodle ee! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/|Z|Ryuken/emotes/lol.gif

If I ever did a cosplay, it would probably be Chun Li. I luvs her. <3

Apaulo
04-11-2008, 12:30 AM
That is a freaking amazing idea, I love it.

But I have it all planned around a male member of the Sheikah (I think thats right), or Royal Guard. Unfortunately all my friends know this already and would start asking lots of questions if I wanted to go as Sheik... :sad:

Ibuki_Warpetal
04-11-2008, 12:54 AM
Yes that is the scariest part isn't it. The inquisition.

Well, in your position I would do my best to feminize the outfit without going overboard. I don't believe there are any canonical descriptions of a male Sheikah so you pretty much have artistic freedom to do whatever you want. You also really have no choice but to base it on Sheik or Impa, both of whom are masculine females.

I dunno. You should try to fit something in there.

sissydork
04-11-2008, 01:00 AM
I'm a 21 year old crossdresser. It's tough when you have a roommate : ,

Ibuki_Warpetal
04-11-2008, 01:11 AM

Unless you are really good at hiding it, there is a pretty decent chance your roommate knows.

I found out well after the fact that people were discussing my CDing with each other, but not with me. I also left a few things out in the open a few times.
Just one example, my friend/roommate came in my room, cuz he is like that I guess, and I left my fake boobs on my bed right out in the open. Yeah he saw them, but he didn't say anything. I didn't realize until a few minutes after but he never hinted at knowing. His girlfriend also accepted a package from the mailman that was for me. It was heeled shoes, and lets just say the box was not discreet, at all. Again, she said nothing.

Oh well.

In June I'll be looking for a roommate, and I am trying to find someone I can be open with, for obvious reasons.

Andine
04-11-2008, 01:21 AM
Hi !!

Hope you don't mind my 2 bits worh !
Remember that you may not have to re-invent the wheel ... there is some serious experience in this forum ... If you need something, or are confused about why you feel as you do, share it around and you will get results. I have gotten lots of great insights since I have been here.

Zena ... The warrior princess.

That was a costume I built for my 60th B/day The skirt was 6 rabbit skins stapled to a belt. The top was made from a black leotard with the armour cut out of bathroom carpet, and sprayed with gold wheel spray paint. I put the leotard on ( over stuffed bra ) and painted the back of the "Armour " with contact adhesive. I then applied it to the curves and held it whilst the glue went off! The greaves and the leggings were the same stuff glued over short stockings! .... Easy!!

And this for another party!

Dressing as a girl is easy!! Doing it with taste is harder.

MentalMercury Your costume for your outing looks impressive ... Boobs are easy to acquire and fun to have, and they will make your costume even better. I hope you post lots of pics!!

If any of you have any questions on any topic, that you think I may be able to help with, don't hesitate to PM me and I will do what I can.

Have fun!

Jenna Stunned
04-11-2008, 05:03 AM
MM. Oh i know what a moogel is, i just dont know where your going to find one. Lol. Im sure moogel stuffed animals are a bit hard to come by.
are you going to the con by your self or do you have someone else to dress with you. Like another member of ffX???

TracyH
04-11-2008, 08:14 AM

Do you have a car? Keep your clothes in the trunk.

KatrinaAshley
04-11-2008, 08:45 AM
I know from experience that it's not easy to find game-related toys or posters. Lulu does carry other dolls, Moogle or Cactuar being the most recognizable if you ask me.

I'd have a hard time selecting a costume. Always dreamed of owning a big poofy ball gown so Princess Peach would be an easy choice. Lulu would also be on the list. Sadly I don't have the figure to pull off anyone like Lara or the characters from Street Fighter.

darla_g
04-11-2008, 09:02 AM
hey if i can pretend to be a girl, I can pretend to be in my 20s again!

kaitlyna
04-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Alright, what's the ruling on the "College Age" range? I have a feeling I'm just outside it, but I deffinately still feel like I'm somewhere from 22-25.

Ayame
04-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Speaking of conventions and cosplaying is anyone going to animenext I was thinking of going as Albel from star ocean one of the days if I go

baby beluga
04-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Recently turned 25 here

*shrug*

MentalMercury
04-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Yeah, I can't wait to see that costume, I think you'll look great in it. I'm going to an anime convention this year, but I'm going with lots of friends and none of them know about my dressing. So unfortunately I'm going as a man, but my costume will be based off of Sheik from Zelda.

First off, thanks for the compliment! But I must go on a mini-rant:

Nobody I work with outright knows I crossdress, I'm just going as Lulu, with the shaved legs, thigh-high stockings, dark gothic makeup, and a dress. My brother will see me like this, all my coworkers, anyone else I know who goes, I plan on putting the pictures on my myspace for all to see as well (including friends in black/death metal bands and stuff, another social circle I'm pretty involved in), and I think it's going to be awesome.

Crossplaying is not exactly equivalent to coming out as a crossdresser, I find it at least doable. I'm just going to go in with the attitude of "I'm doing this becuase I want to, for me" (very relevant to my signature quote) and if anyone tries to give you any shit, does it really matter what they think? Are you doing it for them or yourself? And if any of your friends have any serious objections, are they that great of a friend to begin with? That being said, all of my coworkers who I have told ahead of time don't really care.

Makes me sad to hear you have such an opportunity and you're passing it up, an anime con is the one place to get away with it easiest.

/end rant

Also, I think I might be going with a cheap lil' moogle doll, there's plenty on ebay, or a cactuar doll, becuase I love cactuars, that's a good suggestion KatrinaAshley.

Last thing! Lolita, you're making me want to go to animenext, if not to go hang out and crossplay with you, just to have more convention goodness, and it's not too far away from me, I guess it all depends on how much money I can save up between now and then. Looks like it's going to be a good summer :)

edit/afterthought: Try getting your best female friend to go as the same female character as you, that's what's happening with me, but she decided that after I told her I was doing this, copy-cat!

AlexandraK
04-11-2008, 10:15 PM
here.

Any of you girls have yahoo addresses to share?

MarciManseau
04-12-2008, 10:11 AM
here.

I'm MarciManseauNY on Yahoo

angelfire
04-12-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm 21, still a little confused as well, already graduated college. If you want to message me and talk, feel free. I tend to take many random hiatus though, since if I lose desire for a bit, I don't force myself to come here, so I can be a bit sporadic. But I'd be more than happy to talk to anyone close to my age about CDing, so just send me a message.

Andrea85
04-13-2008, 12:17 AM
here.

nissanfreak1987 on yahoo

thwaiter
04-13-2008, 12:36 AM
I'm thwaiter@hotmail.com if you would like to add me.

lucya_od
04-13-2008, 03:04 AM
here.

yep i have 2 address, lucya_odwyer@hotmail.com and lucya_odwyer@yahoo.com

jeenie67
04-13-2008, 06:48 AM
Hello, I'm in my Junior year at SUNY . As soon as I get home from classes I change into my housework/homework attire, so comfortable, so me... and it relieves all the stresses of dealing with administration, registering for upper level classes, and completing all my coursework. I function so much better when I feel good. Feminine silky things ease my mind to explore and reflect on my lessons. It's a technique that has consistently worked for me so explore the boundaries of your inner-self. Find your comfort zone weather en femme or not !

Ayame
04-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Send me a private message for my screen names XD

Apaulo
04-14-2008, 10:52 PM
Hello, I'm in my Junior year at SUNY . As soon as I get home from classes I change into my housework/homework attire, so comfortable, so me... and it relieves all the stresses of dealing with administration, registering for upper level classes, and completing all my coursework. I function so much better when I feel good. Feminine silky things ease my mind to explore and reflect on my lessons. It's a technique that has consistently worked for me so explore the boundaries of your inner-self. Find your comfort zone weather en femme or not !

I like that... I will have to try and study en femme. I'm not in college yet, but I will be this fall. I'm excited because I have my own apartment with no roommates.

Ibuki_Warpetal
04-15-2008, 12:38 AM
Just FYI there is a place in your profile for things like IM addresses. Fill it in there and random people will have a much easier time adding you. :meditate:

While you're at it, throw your age in there if you want people to know. I tend to avoid people who don't fill out profiles or at least appear to be engaged in the forum.

Miss Tessa
04-15-2008, 07:02 AM
I'm 23 year old TS

tajohnst
05-13-2008, 03:14 AM
23 yo crossdresser who just graduated from school just the other day. Can't wait to move, and have my own place so i can dress more frequently than i have lately (having roommates kinda of infringes on dressing times). Actually visiting my new place soon, and going to get some free time to relax and dress

Theresa

CD Susan
05-13-2008, 09:59 AM
The early 20's group has it much easier than the more mature individuals such as myself did at that age. When I was in my twenties there were no computers to use as a medium to gain information and to meet others that had similar interests. Before the age of computers a vast majority of us truly did feel like we were the only ones who did this sort of thing. The world has changed for the better and the younger cd group are fortunate to be growing up in this age of readily accessable information. The feelings of being isolated back in those dark ages are so vivid in my memory and I am thankful for knowing that I am not alone and it is so very comforting to me.

chrissy_crossdresser
05-13-2008, 04:48 PM
im 18. ill be 19 in september

StephiefromSyr
05-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Im 24, been crossdressing for about10-11 years i'd chat whenever, been looking for some younger cders myself

RockerTerri
05-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Some of us go to college later than others...ill leave now:)

Terri

Tanya Norton
05-23-2008, 03:18 AM
i'm 23 from melboune victoria australia thats into crossdressing

anna72
05-23-2008, 04:03 AM
Im 24, just finished college Ive been dresing for 8 or 9 years now but only started to fully understand it in the last 2 0r 3 years with the help of the internet.

I agree can be really tough and frustrating when in college to dress between finding time with study, finding a place without roomates around and being able to afford clothes,shoes,makeup.wigs etc.

Looking forward to working full time and hopefully being able to afford nice things. Im very comfortable with my desires and sexuality, can be very tough when you`re young though.

Anna xxx