PDA

View Full Version : Need Support

Taylor105
04-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Hi guys. I know I havent been around. I'm still not doin so great. I am haing trouble walking, writing, spelling, and I can't tie my shoes. They are sending physical therapists to my houdse three times a week to help me. What I need support on is something entrirely different though. As m0st of you know I have two dogs. Dew and Van. Van is 14 years old and I havew had him since he was 5 weeks old. He is my very best friend. Dew came to see me in the hospotal because he is small and therefore more portable. But Van is truly my baby. I have had him for half my life. He is the only animal I ever had that was truly mine and mine alone and he saw me through many rough tiumes in my life. Well, he's sick. He has been on heart and arthrituts drugs for awhile now because he is just winding down. Now he is having trouble walking and he peed in the house because he couldnt walk to get outside initime. All he does is pant and pant and that is a sign that his heart is in trouble again. Please keep Van and I in your heart and prayers as I take him to the vet. We are actually going to see if we can get my vet to make a house call since he loves Van so much and I am recooperating and am not up to going out a lot yet. I'm afraid it is getting to be that time I have been dreading ever since I found out that Van had a heart condition. I'm crying typing this. I don't want to lose my best friend. I sdont think I could bear it right now. Especially since I made a promise to Van years ag that I would hold him and look directly into his eyes as they stuck the needle in his arm. I want his last thing to see on earth to be my face loving him. So please everyone, keep us in your thoughts and prayers. I'm not ready. Love always, Taylor

Cai
04-08-2008, 03:37 PM
:hugs:
Taylor, I'm so sorry to hear that. Van sounds like a wonderful friend. I hope everything works out for the best.

ZenFrost
04-08-2008, 03:38 PM
:hugs: I'm keeping you both in my thoughts Taylor.

Amy Hepker
04-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Taylor, I am sorry to hear about your best friend. I do know how it is and how hard it is. I will pray for both of you right now, but please think of van at this point, he needs you and you need him, but you don't want your best friend to be in pain. GOD, Please bless Taylor and Van in their time of need, show them both the LOVE they both need at this point in time and GOD we Thank you for bringing Taylor back to us. AMEN!!!

waspookie6
04-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Taylor, I wish you all the strength with Van today.
I do really know how hard this is yet Van got to live the perfect life with you and because of you. There is no one else on this earth that loved him as much as you do, and he couldn't have gotten that from anyone else.
With our beloved companions it is not the quanity of life they know. It is the quality and he got the best of that with you. His entire life he has been so happy to have had you as his mate that he is content and feels your love for him. He only knows he is old and loved so much, his own happiness keeps him from pain.

Please, take that with you because it is true, your tears will comfort him and if he could talk he would comfort you and tell you he loves you very much and its okay, he had a long life full of love that few ever get to have.

Big huge hugs to you both, it hurts so much to hear yet you both are in my heart of hearts always.

WasPookie

Adam
04-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Taylor i am so sorry to hear about van i will keep you both in my thoughts :hugs:

SirTrey
04-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Taylor, I will light a candle for him....sending him good energy and love.....and to you, as well.....Hang in there, dude......Big Hug, **Trey**

Felix
04-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Ya in my thoughts hun as ever (((((((((taylor)))))))) xx Felix :hugs::hugs:

Nicki B
04-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Taylor, I will light a candle for him....sending him good energy and love.....and to you, as well.....Hang in there, dude......Big Hug, **Trey**

I've still got some from the last box. ;)

xx

SirTrey
04-08-2008, 07:42 PM
I've still got some from the last box.
Ah, you do candles, too? :) Mine is burning as we speak....white for healing.....:hugs:

mistunderstood
04-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Sorry about your pup Taylor.You guys are in my cauldron care. Please hang in there.

kerrianna
04-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Awww, Taylor hon, I'm so sorry. I know what that's like. Even at the best of times it's so hard and painful, and I know you don't have much strength for it right now.

I'm praying that Van can be ok and feeling fine enough for awhile so you can get better and be able to spend some more time with him.

But you know it's going to hurt, no matter what, no matter when. I really hope you do get the vet to come to your house. We had a wonderful friend of 17 years who one day couldn't get back on his feet and we knew it was finally time, and we were lucky enough the vet was willing to come down to our house and let us say goodbye at home, like you promised Van holding him and looking into his eyes. Still hurts like sht though. Even today I get sad and weepy thinking about it.

I'm so sorry this is happening right now hon. You both are truly in my thoughts and prayers.

Our animal friends often take on our own pain. Maybe Van is kind of doing that. My wish is that you both feel better soon and get to enjoy some more time together.

And for now, huggggggggggggs for you and Van. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

dancinginthedark
04-08-2008, 08:33 PM
awww Taylor you and Van are in my heart and prayers tonight. *hugs*

boi_0h
04-08-2008, 10:01 PM
Van will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers tonight. I hope everything works out.

jessielee
04-08-2008, 10:10 PM
dear Taylor,
i am so sad to hear of your friend's travail.
i lift you both up in prayer right now and join with the other dear ones here in lighting a candle.
i regret i never had the chance to know you or follow your progress being rather new here but your presence has been everywhere in this family and the love being shared has been so illuminating, it helped show that this is a place i wish to spend much time.
your improvement has been inspiring! and yet i send you warms hugs and fuzzies for increased strength and endurance
we are with you.
your promise to be with Van at the end touched me deeply. for just today i found a note from my little angel saying how much she misses her orange tabby who, we shared his final moments, looking eye to eye even as you said as the needle went in, two februarys ago. it was such a challenge to her to accept that sparing him unendurabe pain was the compassionate thing to do.
i am with you in your pain, dear taylor.
even though new, may i take a place near the end of the line of your well wishers and offer you my love and support?
and love and support for your dear, little one.
God bless you sweet Taylor.
love,
jessie

Holly
04-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Taylor, I'm so sorry to hear about your pal, Van. Prayers for both of you are heaven bound.

Daintre
04-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Taylor, I am so sorry to hear about Van...Kerrianna's post pretty well sums up how I feel towards our 4 legged friends and companions. My thoughts at this time are positive for both you and Van. Take care Taylor...you to Van

Huntress
04-09-2008, 12:49 AM
Taylor,
My thoughts are with you and your sweet Van. If he must leave you soon, don't grieve too long. Rest assured that when Van paws at Heaven's door and goes through, he will never forget you. You will see him again.
My twenty pound Coon cat had to go through the door, a little over a year ago. He'll be one of my rewards for a good life when I pass beyond this pale.
Channel your love for Van into your own recovery and get well soon.

Huntress

DanaR
04-09-2008, 01:17 AM
Taylor,

I am so sorry to hear about van. Prayers and hugs for both of you.

Dalece
04-09-2008, 04:45 AM
Taylor I;m sorry to here about Van my prayers are for both of you. Ilove animals sometimes more than humans. I Know what you are going thru lost some good friends myself.:love:

mylitta
04-09-2008, 09:26 AM
Taylor
Thinking about you and Van. I know how hard it is to say goodbye.

Sandra
04-09-2008, 09:31 AM
I know how hard this is. Thinking of you and your special friend. :hugs:

KrazyKat
04-09-2008, 12:18 PM
:hugs:Biggest Hugs and Lots of Love

coming your way, TAYLOR!! It really stinks, I know, as I watch my 3 dogs sleeping peacefully with Karen on our bed right now! Wish it was different, dang, why can't we all be immortal!!

Praying it all works out!!:love:

ReineD
04-09-2008, 12:30 PM
:love:

I'll send positive thoughts your way, Taylor. For you and Van.

StephanieT
04-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Taylor,

Animals are as much as part of out lives as humans. I view my animals like part of my family. My dogs love me unconditionally unlike most people. I have a little magnet above my desk that says " If your dog thinks your the best, don't seek a second opinion". I feel your pain as I recently had to put a dog down due to a fatal disease. My thoughts are with you.

Love Stephanie

Tamara Croft
04-09-2008, 10:34 PM
:hugs: keeping you in my thoughts :hugs:

ChristineRenee
04-10-2008, 05:17 AM
Very sorry to hear about Van Taylor. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. :hugs: :love:

kerrianna
04-10-2008, 09:04 AM
Taylor, still hoping for the best, and that you and Van rebound together. :hugs::love:

Stargirl
04-10-2008, 12:27 PM
I still see my ferrets in dreams. I lost many of them to old age, and illness. When I see them in my dreams, they have no need for food or water. But they love to play. It hurt so much to bury them, and say good bye. So don't say good bye. There is no reason to stop sending love to the departed. I can't think of one reason to write them off. The love remains. There is no giant eraser in the sky when it comes to connectedness in matters of the heart.

Syr_SwitchyGQ
04-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Hey bro... just saw this... haven't been around much lately...

I'm hoping the best for you and for Van. I know how hard it is to lose a pet like that... we had a cat for 19 years that had literally been around before I was born. We had to put her down after her kidneys failed... was very hard to say goodbye. It was what was best, though... she was in so much pain it would've been cruel to try and keep her around. If it comes to that, know that Van will still be with you in spirit. He's been a good friend to you and wouldn't leave you completely at a time like this. :hugs: Hoping for health for both of you.

Devon James
04-10-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm with you Taylor, like always :hugs:
It's difficult when it's time to let a loved one go, I recently had to send one of my dogs to paradise, it always hurts. But letting him suffer will hurt even more. It'll be great for Van to hold him till he sleeps, he'll know it's good then.

I'll be thinking of you...

Taylor105
04-26-2008, 09:49 AM
This is super late but I just wasn't up to being online much right after Van died. I wanted to thank you all for the support. I truly mean that. Love always, Taylor