PDA

View Full Version : how i look at my self

erinlove
04-08-2008, 04:02 PM
hey ok well last saturday was my first time ever shopping and ever wear cloths when i just so my body i felt good about my self i felt greet and love my self probably the first time in a lot time but once i so my arms in the shirt and once i so my face i felt ugly about my self and some what of a freak. dose any one no what i should do because i want to continue but i dont want to keep on bring my self down i think its because my hair is not quit long enuff to do any thing with it yet and my shoulders are really big and my arm muscles have to much shape to them because i rock climb thanks for the help :) :o

TSchapes
04-08-2008, 06:06 PM
I love how you young girls have your long train of thoughts. But, please allow me to transliterate for us more mature gals.:hugs:

Hey, OK, well last Saturday was my first time ever shopping and wearing [women's] clothes. When I just saw my body I felt good about myself, I felt great and loved myself probably [for] the first time in a long time. But, once I saw my arms in the shirt(blouse?) and saw my face, I felt ugly. Somewhat of a freak. Does anyone know what I should do? Because I want to continue, but I don't want to keep on bringing myself down. I think it's because my hair is not quite long enough to do anything with it yet. My shoulders are really big and my arm muscles have too much shape to them because I rock climb. Thanks for the help :) :o

Sorry, was an English minor. OK, now I know you want to have answers about arms and hair.

You can reduce the bulk of your arms through exercise. See this article from Renee Reyes (http://www.reneereyes.com/Webdocs/tipsexerc.html). Look at the pullover exercises. You can also minimize the look through what type of blouse you buy. Don't wear anything tight on your arms. Supposedly halter type tops reduce the look of broad shoulders.

Hair, go ahead and grow it long, but try a wig in the meantime. You can try all kinds of styles to see what works!

Kayla Shadows
04-08-2008, 06:35 PM
If you love to do it just have fun.Over time you will become the girl you would like to see.There are many people here to offer advice and help.There are also other sites on the internet that you can find tips too.As you learn you will see things start to come together.Take it slow,read all you can and dont be afraid to ask for help.Your not alone.

vikki2020
04-08-2008, 10:56 PM
Tracy, you get the editing award! Nice job.Maybe we are "mature", but those posts are kind of hard to read.It's like running downhill when you read that "style".

deja true
04-08-2008, 11:34 PM
I can highly recommend Renee Reyes's site as well. It's almost like a condensed version of this forum.

Every section is filled with great advice from a beautiful trans-woman who definitely has her head together.

Very down to earth, very funny, very wise...

emily<3<3
04-08-2008, 11:39 PM
I love how you young girls have your long train of thoughts. But, please allow me to transliterate for us more mature gals.:hugs:

Sorry, was an English minor. OK, now I know you want to have answers about arms and hair.

You can reduce the bulk of your arms through exercise. See this article from Renee Reyes (http://www.reneereyes.com/Webdocs/tipsexerc.html). Look at the pullover exercises. You can also minimize the look through what type of blouse you buy. Don't wear anything tight on your arms. Supposedly halter type tops reduce the look of broad shoulders.

Hair, go ahead and grow it long, but try a wig in the meantime. You can try all kinds of styles to see what works!
whoa working out reduces bulk
i never would have geussed

TSchapes
04-09-2008, 06:40 AM
whoa working out reduces bulk
i never would have geussed

I think to get the kind of bodies the bodybuilders get, the muscle sets are really unbalanced. If you work opposing muscles, you won't have the bulk but still have the tone and strength. At least that's what I've been taught by my physical therapist when I've been rehabbed.

Disclaimer: Not an expert in this area.

Love, Tracy

bgirl
04-09-2008, 09:05 AM
I know that feeling. Freak on a leash!
In fact my first few times were like that. I was embaressed. The self love/ self hate thing sucks. Been there too. My suggestion? Time.
Sounds so simple but over time we learn from our mistakes. One thing I do when I look in the mirror and see this MAN looking back at me, is I stand even closer to the mirror and look straight into my eyes. I look thru them and look on the inside. I see the girl in there. I acknowldge my inner self and the truth about me. Try not to judge myself and work on accepting who, not what I am. That takes time. It is a never ending process.

I look at the pictures that all the woman have chosen to share and regardless of how feminine they appear, I see in their eyes that they ARE feminine inside. I think of and relate to every one here as women.

By the way, Hello Erin, I am Bethany. I am a veteren of the ugly wars and will be glad to listen or help in any way I can, anytime.

Would the English major please correct my grammer and spelling? I got an F in 7th and 8th grade.

Amy Hepker
04-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Well, You need to do what you have to do to feel complete about yourself. There are a lot of short haired girls out there. Go get a makeover That would be the first thing and listen to their suggestions as to what you can do to look better. Don't worry they are there to make money and they do not care if you are male, female or just wanting to look lioke one of the 2 they will help. You can always get a wig if the short hair bothers you.

Chryl
04-09-2008, 12:02 PM
Hello

The 1st time (last October) did I look like a guy in a dress, even had to go pay for gas cause the pay at pump was not working, since then I have read more, practice my makeup application and after lots of colthing misbuys (years worth) I am feeeling better about my appearance, yes it just takes time.

Have fun, I am

Cheryl

erinlove
04-09-2008, 04:12 PM
i love my rock climbing way to much it is my drug in life and i no thats why my body looks this way is because i am rock climbing all the time. it is one of the hardest work outs having to you every thing to get around. so i dont have ripping body builders arms but there just vary defined

tricia_uktv
04-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Hah-hah whatever the question, take it slowly - every woman worries about bits of herself so don't you worry too much. All can be changed over time.