PDA

View Full Version : Not acting fem but dressing fem

Ayame
04-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Does anyone else not change how they walk or talk yet they still like to dress?

Dee Jay
04-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Me!

Though I do walk differently when in heels, but then it would be impossible not to :)

I'll always be a man in a dress.

DJ

Alice B
04-08-2008, 04:50 PM
I try to walk as a female as much as possible. Haven't tried the voice thing and have not needed to. Not sure I could pull that off.

Kate Simmons
04-08-2008, 04:53 PM
That be me Hon. Seems to work okay, but then who is going to argue with a two-fisted tomboy?:heehee:

Rachel in pantyhose
04-08-2008, 05:42 PM
I love to dress but I don't know how to walk or talk as a woman.

Alie66
04-08-2008, 05:43 PM
I'm too big and masculine to do any other, although I would love to be thinner and more feminine. At the moment I just have to settle for the sensual feeling of dressing as a female.

LizSummers
04-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Me too! I'm not about to change how I talk, but walking in heels becomes a lot easier with a slight walking modification, but I think that comes naturally with the shoe (and some practice!) anyway :)

Amy Hepker
04-08-2008, 05:49 PM
I act more feminine when attired so.

Karen Francis
04-08-2008, 11:24 PM
I am trying to adopt more and more feminine mannerisms when I am dressed, even the voice thing, which is by far the hardest. When I do go out with other CD's, the community seems to be divided on this issue. Some really are just a guy in a dress, talk about male topics, don't attempt any female attributes. Others go completely feminine, to almost a charcature of women. I just want to be realistic, I spend a great deal of time observing women in average circumstances - shopping, restaurants etc. And I enjoy the experience a lot more if I can show all of my feminine traits.

Sarah Doepner
04-08-2008, 11:55 PM
I may not pass very well, but it isn't for lack of trying. I want to avoid attracting attention so I can just enjoy my time and not be concerned about who is judging me. If I can get 3-5 seconds past them before they have that second thought, I'm home free. If it takes putting a bit of swivel in my walk or holding my arm out and swinging it differently, or working on a more feminine voice, I'd rather do that than waste my time with someone who is offended by my choices.

Niya W
04-08-2008, 11:57 PM
Does anyone else not change how they walk or talk yet they still like to dress?

Me , Because I am feme in guy mode unless i'm thinking about how I'm acting.

stefcd1
04-09-2008, 08:44 AM
When I dress as a woman, I try and become a complete woman. Walk, hand mannerisms, voice. I am either male or female, no in between and I perfer being female.

KayR
04-09-2008, 10:36 AM
I'm a bloke in a frock. It's the change of clothing and all the detail stuff like makeup that I love. I walk differently in high heels because it would look stupid (in my opinion!) if I continued to walk like Popeye whilst tottering on 5" stilletoes!

joann07
04-09-2008, 10:43 AM
When I'm dressed, I always express myself (i.e. mannerisms, walk, talk, etc.) as a female as best I can.
As soon as I put on my feminine clothes, something in my mind just clicks and I'm in girl mode.

My voice is not 100%, so it's still a work in progress, but as far as everything else I think I seem to have it down pat.
However, I am constantly looking for ways to improve my appearance and presentation.

Hugs!

Stargirl
04-09-2008, 10:51 AM
I wonder if it makes a difference when you girls hang out with GG's a lot. I know that we sometimes take on attributes, and mannerisms depending upon our company. Hanging at a dainty tea party might help pick up mannerisms, and asking for advice from GG's is a start. "Don't wolf your food". "You needn't raise your pinky finger as you pick up the tea cup, but it's kind of cute when you do" A lot of women have deep voices, if they smoke, and some are not at all graceful. The way you shake hands might give you away. I am a GG, and I like to grasp a persons hand in both my hands, give eye contact, and a smile. Sometimes, I even have to remind myself to hang ONTO my feminine mannerisms. Not to cuss.....It's a man's world out there. But it doesn't hurt to soften the rough edges in these times. Manners go a long way, too. It's fun to be miss "lovely lovely" sometimes. Not as gritty as "man world," with the machines, and chaos. Bubble baths make you feel feminine, too. No bulldozers allowed.

Kate Simmons
04-09-2008, 11:02 AM
No bulldozers? Dang it Stargirl, where's the fun in that?:heehee:

MarinaTwelve200
04-09-2008, 04:17 PM
My only time out in public--Halloween 2004, I noticed I could only go so far. Yes, I can let myself be seen dressed, but I cannot go beyond that---like changing my voice or the way I walk, etc.

I can do it to an extent when I dress privately, but I have to make an effort to do so.

Jenna Stunned
04-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Granted i dont go out or dress that often. But when i do i dont change anything about how i act. When i dress i dont see myself as a girl, But rather a guy in some pretty clothes.

CharleneT
04-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Now that I am experiementing with going out in public, I am starting to work a lot more on voice, mannerisms etc. Walk I've got ok, voice ....so-so, other mannerisms are coming slowly.

C

Marissa Mae
04-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Yeah, I am a guy in clothes. If I go out, I shave and cover my leg hair, but I make no attempt to hide my voice or body's build. My view is that I can wear what I want, and society has to deal :thumbsup:

Ibuki_Warpetal
04-09-2008, 09:52 PM
I present myself as effeminate no matter what I'm wearing. It's just the way I am. No acting here.
Wearing different things makes me feel different however.
For example, at work, when I wear more durable guy clothes (about half the time) obviously I am less comfortable so I may seem a little uptight or anxious. When I dress down to my um, "delicates", or things I would just rather not wear when I might break a sweat, I feel more comfortable so my mood is dispositioned quite differently.
I don't alter my voice or walk differently unless I feel flirty.

Satrana
04-10-2008, 04:52 AM
I am happy to be recognized as a CD so have no need to try to pretend to be an actual woman. It is a relief not to have to worry about keeping up a pretense all the time I am around others. I would much rather they accept the real me and not an act. I am far beyond the need to fit into society's neat niches.

RitaCD
04-10-2008, 07:22 AM
Walking in heels has become easy and developed my feminine sway. I also practice the fem walk while en drab. Working on the voice though it is not developing as fast as I want.

MWCMDarlene
04-10-2008, 07:45 AM
I couldn't pass unless I had a bag over my head, even then, I would need it to be pitch black, so I only dress in the privacy of home. When I do dress, I do personify some femenine characteristics such as walking and sitting with legs crossed, sitting at an angle with lower leg tucked underneath, and squatting rather than bending over.

melissacd
04-10-2008, 07:55 AM
At first I did not care or bother to do these things, however, as time goes by I just play with the whole thing so that I walk a bit more suitable for what people see. I talk a bit softer now when I am in femme mode as well. I am playing with these things, but it is not a hard fast rule. It is all about exploring and having fun.

Tommie T.
04-10-2008, 09:06 AM
My wife is coaching me!She told me take smaller steps,not to exagerate the hip sway and to slow down.Don't know if I'll ever really pass but would like to.I've sterted watching GG's a lot closer-well-in a different way.Seems as the little mannerisms we all learned growing up help identify our gender role.

Carly D.
04-11-2008, 04:56 PM
That is more how I feel any more.. I could dress up completely and still feel like I'm me.. I really don't change much when dressed.. I don't say "hon" or "sugar" or "sweaty" when I do a response because I still think of myself as male, weather I'm dressed up or not (when on this site)... I never really have felt female, mostly because I don't know what that feeling is like... I just like wearing womens clothes, I like the way it feels and the way I feel while wearing them...

pamisme
04-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Can not talk like a fem but can walk.
I have worked on that, body is large so hard to acting fem but size 18 dos try.
Pam:D

jex111
04-11-2008, 11:43 PM
I have found that with practise I can switch to feminine posture, walk and gestures pretty easily and it certainly adds to my enjoyment as I can relax and enjoy myself. The voice thing is really hard and despite mant hours of wiork it still has hours to go
Jan

susan2010
04-12-2008, 05:54 AM
I've only ever been out dressed to support group meetings. Fully dressed w/wig, but no make-up. I walk differently because of the heels, but don't even try to talk or act more fem. I think it would be different if I were really out in public.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
04-12-2008, 06:14 AM
Right now more guy in fem clothes, I try to walk feminine as it seems to improve my posture when I do, when dressed try to sit less manly and more feminine. Makeup will try and improve :battingeyelashes:in time, my voice will never get feminine.

Just love dressing when I can.

Raychel
04-12-2008, 06:27 AM
Sure I walk differant with heels on, But other than that I am just myself, no fem traits at all.

Kristen Kelly
04-13-2008, 03:35 PM
Me , Because I am feme in guy mode unless i'm thinking about how I'm acting.

Another vote for fem guy, I am Kristen 24/7 no matter how I'm dressed and that is evident how often I get maamed or called Miss while not totally dressed enfem without make-up (my version of "Drab")