PDA

View Full Version : if your kid

erinlove
04-09-2008, 05:31 PM
ok i just want to what would you guys do if your kid came up to and told you the they wanted to be cd our a tg. and also would you dress in front of your kid as a cd our a tg.
ok back to the story lol if your kid was the age of 10 to 14 would you grab your car keys and grab your credit card and and run out the door taking them shopping our would you want them to sitting down and talk to some about how there feeling.

me my self i would want them to go se a psychologist to talk about how there feel and then take them shopping all day long lol

Amy Hepker
04-09-2008, 05:42 PM
I would understand and be glad he is not a killer. I would help him in anyway I could, I would counsel him as best I can. I sure would not want him to go through what I went through.

Alice B
04-09-2008, 05:48 PM
It would be OK, but they would get hand me downs for a while. No credit card. Hell it is too tough and expensive to buy for ourself.:eek:

O2B Barbara
04-09-2008, 05:56 PM
How could any one of us not be understanding and supportive?

DonnaT
04-09-2008, 06:01 PM
I reckon we'd have a long talk about safety and such, but I would be supportive and take him shopping (if he was ready to do so).

Angie G
04-09-2008, 08:14 PM
I would help him all I could. and let him know it's not a bad thing. And if he really wanted to do it I probably would start dressing in front of him. But my son has been out of the house for 20 years :hugs:
Angie

danielle_from_cal
04-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Well I would have to get that kid to a psychologist! He must be screwed up or something.

Of course I am just kidding. I think you are asking the wrong crowd for an answer to that question.

For real: I would understand and do my best to help him deal with it.

Now, if he said he was a Democrat (or, these days, a Republican), that would get me going.

Stephenie
04-10-2008, 08:46 AM
I agree with CDcuriuos

KandisTX
04-10-2008, 10:06 AM
I have to agree with cdcurious and others on the point of support. BUT, I want to add that I would sit down with him and talk to him about it, I would find out what kind of support or involvement he wanted from me. If he just wanted my love and support, that would be cool, if he wanted me to find him help (i.e. psychologist/psychiatrist), I would do so.

I would also emphasize with him the importance of being honest with himself and that if the other children at school found out he would be in for ridicule and possible other more physical reactions from them.

The important thing would be for him to know (if he didn't already), that I am a CD and that I understand the feelings he is having and will be more than happy to offer my help in any way, and also tell him that he could talk to me about whatever he wanted to talk about.

Kandis:love::rose2:

Victoria Anne
04-10-2008, 10:51 AM
WHAT , what the hell is the matter with you , what kind of ******* are you?!! No that is what I got from family . I would bethere for him/her and support them but as was previously mentioned stress the importance of being honest with themselfs and seek professional help. If and when they were ready I would absolutely take them shopping. Teach them to be safe and help them to be who they are. I would talk to them about my own experiences and yes I would eventually dress in front of them.

Nicole Erin
04-10-2008, 04:14 PM
How could any one of us not be understanding and supportive?

Understanding yes.

Supportive, I don't know. With the way things are, one would probably be accused of some crime for "supporting".
If my son were CD that is fine, but seriously, I don't want to know about it until he is 18 or over. I don't need to hear the schools concerns saying "Mr. Offrocker, we have concerns... and he says his parents approve..."

As far as psychs, I wouldn't bother with that as they seldom, if ever, know more about our life than we do. Going to a doctor is a rip-off anyways.

erinlove
04-10-2008, 05:43 PM
i love how kandistx would deal with it. if i was younger i wish you were my mother lol. i think i would blame my self for them being cd our tg

Carly D.
04-11-2008, 04:38 PM
I don't have any kids.. but if my nephew were to come up to me in a few years and tell me he like to wear his mommies panties and hose or whatever I think I would... hmmm... I don't know.. it's hard to imagine cause he can lay waste to a clean diaper in no time at all.. so I have troubles thinking beyond the not quite Gerber age that he is...

trannie T
04-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Think of those wonderful father-son experiences; teaching him how to throw a baseball, showing him how to shave, buying his first training bra. . .

Paula G
04-11-2008, 07:56 PM
If I had a son who told me he was a CD or had TG/TS feelings, I would be thankful that he would confide in me about such a personal matter. I would let him know that I still loved him no matter what, and would support whatever decisions he came to about his life. I would also tell him about my personal struggles, and offer whatever help I could give in this area.

Jennifer Giovannetta
04-11-2008, 08:29 PM
I often thought about this. Of course I would support him. Its easy to say what I would do or how I would feel. But if the situation ever arised, I really cannot honestly say how it would feel. I would worry about him feeling the way I have felt. Namely frustrated with societies rules. Hopefully he will meet a woman who is understanding. And she will make it enjoyable for him.
What I would do, I guess, is tell him that he has my support, and he has to be smart because there are people who might become violent due to his CDing. Anything beyond that requires more thought, and im tired.

Nicole Erin
04-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Think of those wonderful father-son experiences; teaching him how to throw a baseball, showing him how to shave, buying his first training bra. . .

Everything is a big joke to you isn't it?
As the "Comedy admin" of the forum, I am asking you to let ME make the silly posts around here. :heehee:

victoriamwilliams1
04-11-2008, 10:59 PM
I think I would be shocked. I have wondered how many actual father & son's play mother and daughter.

Mya Summers
04-12-2008, 04:22 AM
I might be a little shocked at first, but if either of my 2 boys wanted to CD I would be supportive of their decision's, and sit down and talk w/them about it and tell them right then and there that hey daddy does it, but u gotta be careful of who u confide in about it. Then I would take them shopping. But taking them to see a therapist for it nah, b/c most of the time thereapist's are more screwed up in the head than anybody else out there. If I were to take them to a thereapist it would have to be one that is a CD or Tg that specializes in this area and is very familiar w/it. but that's just me. I would BE VERY VERY SUPPORTIVE OF my son's decision's.

tamarav
04-14-2008, 04:39 AM
Many years ago while I was working as a marriage coiunselor in Colorado, one of my couples revealed that the main problem in the marriage was the 15 year old son who had declared that he was or should have been a female. The parents disagreed but the Dad was the supporter, the Mom was the one who wanted a tough foorball playing son, go figure.

Their arguement was how to raise children and how to discipline, in a nut shell.

Needless to say I gave the Father numerous referrels to friendly counselors and as much published information as I could find. This was long before the Internet.

The couple eventually split up and the wife moved away while the Father and Son stayed in Colorado. I saw the Son who was now the Daughter 4 years later blossoming into a very good looking and secure young woman. Her Father stood beside her the whole time, never seemed to have any crossdressing background but did read extensively in support of the child. Lost contact after that.

Daphne
04-14-2008, 11:44 AM
I don't know what else I can add. Everyone else seems to have said what I would have said.

Jilmac
04-14-2008, 02:32 PM
I have been through all the psychological counselling and found that most Psychs are second guessing tg issues. If I had a pre teen who disclosed a desire to dress I would sit with him and discuss it rationally on a one to one basis, then perhaps I would seek a therapist who specialized in tg issues. After that we would go on a wild shopping spree. Luv and:hugs: Jill

erinlove
04-14-2008, 03:16 PM
has any one told there kids our dress in front of there kids

DanaR
04-14-2008, 03:23 PM
I don't know what else I can add. Everyone else seems to have said what I would have said.

You said it well!

Jenny Doolittle
05-08-2008, 02:02 PM
I find this to be a wounderful thread.... when my youngest son (Now 20) was preteen I found a womens silk blouse in his room.........I was very worried that he was a CD, and that he would anguish over it during puberty.......I never said anything to him, and now I feel he knows that I wear panties and other things femmy, although to this day he has never said anything to me. I am not sure if by saying nothing I was correct back then, but if he would ever come to me now I would certainly let him know I love him, and to be honest with himself. Like most family situations...take it slow and allow your family to take the lead in what they want to ask.

Stormgirl
05-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Don't want kids now and I bet 5 years down the road, I still will not want children.

Jilmac
05-08-2008, 07:32 PM
All my children are adults now but if one of my sons had come and told me he wanted to crossdress, I would have done the best I could to counsel him so there would be no future regrets. Once we were both reassured, I would take him on a buying binge, then we both could shop en femme just like a mom and daughter. Luv and :hugs: Jill

docrobbysherry
05-08-2008, 07:59 PM
I'd tell him the same thing I tell my daughter, of that age; "Stay the ---- out of my closet"!

Wendrme
05-08-2008, 10:17 PM
I honestly do not know what I would do or say. There are so many conflicting emotions involved. But I think I would be grateful that he wasn't doing something nasty, like being a Young Republican or something like that.

tamela bell
05-08-2008, 10:37 PM
when my stepson did that very thing we had a long serious talk.both me and his mother reassured him that we would support him in any way that we could.we even went to goodwill and bought him a couple of dresses of his own so he would stay out of mine and his mothers clothes.