PDA

View Full Version : men in dresses, my view

Carroll
04-09-2008, 05:45 PM
I am not not looking for debate or conflict, just something I have been thinking about. I have seen the comments "We are just men in dresses".
There is no way we can be just Men in Dresses unless thats all you do...wear a dress. Almost all of us are more than that. We wear women's clothing, true, but we do more than that. We (most) wear wigs, put on make-up, wear bra's and breast forms (or something like that). We are men that want to be closer to that which we admire the most...women. People that love the railroad, build big train sets and dress up like a train engineer. Non-pilots that really dig planes will get a simulator and follow flight procedures to the letter. We are no different then them.
Or it could be we just dig to looks and do it cause we can :D

O2B Barbara
04-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Does anyone remember Edopus? Maybe I want to be my mother? Scary thought as I definately do not want to become my father!

DonnaT
04-09-2008, 06:05 PM
I do wear a wig and makeup, on occassion, but aroung the house, not at all. It's not something I really need to be myself and to scratch the CDing itch.

I wear the wig and makeup when I go out, but have been out a few times in skirt without the wig or makeup.

Wendy me
04-09-2008, 06:29 PM
i skip the wig and breast forms lol those things i grew my own..........

trannie T
04-09-2008, 06:42 PM
I disagree with the comparison between crossdressing and dressing like a railroad man while playing with little trains. The engineer dresses as part of his hobby, it may enhance the experience but dressing up is not the most important part of his experience. We crossdressers do not dress becaause we want to, most of us dress because we have to, we have a strong personal need to dress. For us dressing is not a hobby, it is part of who we are.

Deborah Jane
04-09-2008, 07:06 PM
I disagree with the comparison between crossdressing and dressing like a railroad man while playing with little trains. The engineer dresses as part of his hobby, it may enhance the experience but dressing up is not the most important part of his experience. We crossdressers do not dress becaause we want to, most of us dress because we have to, we have a strong personal need to dress. For us dressing is not a hobby, it is part of who we are.

:iagree:

Sallee
04-09-2008, 07:20 PM
I need to were a wig and makeup to feel and be the part I will go light with the make up but the hair is a must as are the forms They help make this girl

Katrina
04-09-2008, 07:31 PM
I rarely get all dolled up with the wig and makeup. I do wear eye makeup a lot and I'm always in misses pants and shoes, but otherwise, I'm just me. Since I've accepted my feminine side, I think I've become a much better person. I am definitely not a "man in a dress". If anything, I'm a lazy woman (in the wrong body) who doesn't spend that much time getting all glammed up.

bEEb
04-09-2008, 07:33 PM
If train hats and coveralls gave me the same feeling as garters and heels I'd wear them too.

Angie G
04-09-2008, 08:02 PM
When I dress I'm not thinking Man in dress. Not when wearing makeup,panties, a bra hose heels and all 20 nails polished, and big earrings on. I'm thinking woman in dress. Thank you. :hugs:
Angie

Samantha B L
04-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Although I'm not a woman I do think of my personality as being in part feminine. M to F crossdressing is a big celebration of feminity. It's a need but it gives me tremendous pleasure.

gennee
04-09-2008, 08:20 PM

I agree with Trannie that we dress because it's a part of who we are. It certainly is with me.

Gennee

:)

Beth785
04-09-2008, 08:24 PM
People that love the railroad, build big train sets and dress up like a train engineer.

So, what about cross dressing while playing with trains? I do!

danielle_from_cal
04-09-2008, 08:25 PM
I can almost agree with what you said. However, the times I get the least pleasure from dressing is when I feel like a man in a dress (or makeup or whatever). It's as if there is a complete transformation in me. We often see (or use) the term "feel like a woman", but that can never be proven. What does a woman feel like anyway?

I suppose the common feeling between a crossdresser and a guy dressed up like a train engineer is that we feel that we have escaped from everyday life. But, at least if your friends and family catch you dressed like a train engineer you don't have to confess or make up some sort of excuse. Now, if you were dressed like Barbie and you had pink trains and were oogling Ken's caboose, you might have a situation to deal with! And you might be a crossdresser.

battybattybats
04-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Most days I don't dress all the way, About half of the days in a week at home I'l wear just some lipstick and the odd bit of femme mixed in with my guy stuff. Still even just some lipstick is often enough to bring out something deep inside.

I don't get it from making models, painting miniatures, playing wargames, role-playing games, nor writing or sculpting or video games or any of my hobbies.

Nope it's much more than that. It's part of who I am inside being brought up to the outside.

And while i love my mum and some of my clothes are ones she gave me that used to be hers my style is very, very different from hers. So it's not that for me either.

melissacd
04-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Perhaps, as I have more time to be in a dress these days, I am starting to see that it is way more than a man in a dress. I agree with Batty that when you don these things it it helps you to connect with something deeper and more meaningful than just the clothes. The clothes are a tool to achieve something very important.

PS. Batty I love your new Avatar :)

StephanieT
04-09-2008, 09:37 PM
I can be happy with just a pair of heels and some mascara and lipstick. I don't own a pair of forms. I also like to wear a mini skirt. Different stroke for different folks. I am still all man but just like a little change in my wardwobe. If I could wear heels, a skirt and some makeup as a guy, I would be truely happy.

sissystephanie
04-09-2008, 09:59 PM
While I somewhat agree with Trannie T's theory, in my case I would NOT say 'I dress because I have to." I dress (rarely in an actual dress!) because I LIKE to.

I told my late wife, and have also told my current GGF, that I would stop if that was what they wanted. Yes, I admit I love to dress. But I do control my own life and can stop if it would please someone close to me. Now don't you all tell me to stop! I love you all, but you are really not close to me!

Since I never (at least now that my wife is gone) wear a wig or makeup, I am defininetly a man in female clothes when I go out in public. But you know what? Hardly anyone pays any attention! This morning I went to the Nail Salon for my bi-weekly pedicure and manicure. Since the weather was nice, I wore panties and bra (with push up pads) under a denim skirt and a short sleeved white knit top. Yes. the bra showed thru! Oh yes, I was wearing open toe sandals showing off my bright red toenails. I had to walk past a bunch of people, men and women, to get to the salon. No one paid any attention to me! Most people today are part of the "Me" generation and don't have time for those of us who in earlier times would be considered "strange."

Just my :2c:!

Sissy/Stephanie

Girl on the outside, man underneath!

Katie Moore
04-09-2008, 10:08 PM
I think we are all different. I think some of us need to wear what we wear to feel the way we do. Some of us don't. The point is there is no clear cut answer to this issue. It really is what it takes to make one's self happy or fulfilled.

:love:

Katie

Satrana
04-10-2008, 04:45 AM
I think you miss the real issue behind the "man in a dress" debate. This alludes to how you perceive yourself and how you want to be treated by others. Do you -

a. acknowledge that you a male who desires to express your feminine side and thus is not upset if other people do not play along with your presentation as a woman. Typically you dont bother trying to disguise your voice or attempt other deportment skills.

b. you believe that you temporarily become a woman when you crossdress and need other people to buy into your presentation as a woman. You will attempt to copy all behaviors and mannerisms of women in order to be as convincing as possible.

Dee Jay
04-10-2008, 04:59 AM
But, at least if your friends and family catch you dressed like a train engineer you don't have to confess or make up some sort of excuse.

I'd rather my friends catch me dressed as a very girly girl, than as a train driver :)... These poor sould who lock themselves in their loft, playing with their trains, with the driver's hat on and whistle....

NO WAY!!!! Catch me dressed as a cheerleader... Far less embarrassing :)

DJ

Suzie S.
04-10-2008, 05:10 AM
Oh, I'm definitely more than a man in a dress. But definitely not a woman! As to exactly what it is, well, I'm still working on that one. :heehee:

Tommie T.
04-10-2008, 05:22 AM
A few years ago a curious thing started happening to me-my breasts were enlarging!Asked my doctor about it and she said not unheard of for a "man" my age.She ran some test to be sure I was ok -I am- and said well now you've got boobs.Happy day.She even did a breast exam and showed me how to.Now I have bumps in the front of my clothes,including my dresses just like the GGs.I may still be a man in a dress but now not only my mind states that is a lot more than that my body does also.And you know what-I love it!!

vivianann
04-10-2008, 06:03 AM
Carrol I have to agree with you I dress all the way so I am not just a man in a dress, I prefer to be seen as a woman in a dress. thanks for the thread.:hugs: Vivian

Jocelyn Quivers
04-10-2008, 08:33 AM
When I first started becoming more involved in my dressing and still had a mustache I considered myself "a man in a dress". Now with the thousands of dollars I've spent on outfits, make up, shoes, wigs, permanent hair removal, and all of the time I spend on dieting, facial care, and exercise for a more feminine shape. In addition to my ever growing fem personality, I no longer consider myself just a guy in a dress.

Nadia-Maria
04-10-2008, 09:08 AM
I think you miss the real issue behind the "man in a dress" debate. This alludes to how you perceive yourself and how you want to be treated by others. Do you -

a. acknowledge that you a male who desires to express your feminine side and thus is not upset if other people do not play along with your presentation as a woman. Typically you dont bother trying to disguise your voice or attempt other deportment skills.

b. you believe that you temporarily become a woman when you crossdress and need other people to buy into your presentation as a woman. You will attempt to copy all behaviors and mannerisms of women in order to be as convincing as possible.

I agree with your understanding.

I don't feel a man in a dress at all, and using your typology, my behaviour is clearly the a-
I need to express my feminity, but I don't like to deceive people at all. That's why I feel no urge to go out dressed in the town. I prefer going dressed in the country in rather isolated areas. Meeting people when dressed is not especially fun for me (rather neutral).

Love

Nadia