PDA

View Full Version : MySpace - Sign up as Male or Female?

danam
04-09-2008, 08:55 PM
I'm thinking of starting a MySpace account for my CD persona, Dana. Funny thing, I can't decide whether to select Male or Female on the profile! Any suggestions? Both seem to have advantages and disadvantages. Any advice? What do other CDers do?

danielle_from_cal
04-09-2008, 09:29 PM
On any forms or websites I always have to pause to think which gender to specify. It has been like that my whole life. For insurance things and work things I pause, then think, then check the "M" box. For everything else, it's the "F" box. But I always, without exception, have to stop and think: F or M? I wish websites would give an option like "T" for transgender.

Ibuki_Warpetal
04-09-2008, 09:35 PM
I put female as my gender but despite saying in my profile that I was a guy, I got contacted by guys that thought I was a real girl and wanted to meet me. Kinda scary.
You can't change it afterwards, so I would just put male unless you really believe you are female.

Lissa Stevens
04-09-2008, 09:35 PM
My page is listed as female but my page tells you the whole story.

myspace.com/melissatvtg

sissystephanie
04-09-2008, 09:36 PM
I do give it some thought, but always wind up checking Male. That is the way God made me, He just gave me a little extra dose of femininety! I am a man who enjoys wearing feminine clothes, nothing more and nothing less!

Sissy/Stephanie

Girl on the outside, man underneath!

jennifer41356
04-09-2008, 10:05 PM
I did mine as a female:D:D

KatrinaAshley
04-09-2008, 10:22 PM
Wouldn't it make the most sense to choose the sex you're presenting as? Like choosing which restroom to enter you should choose accordingly to avoid confusion or problems later on. If you are like me it feels good to click the F for a change.

Katie_
04-10-2008, 12:33 AM
I met the woman of my dreams on myspace, thus the reason i havent posted on here in many moons. My profile showed me as male, but had pics of me enfemme. She asked me if that was me and I told her yes.....she digged it and we have spent so much time the last year with both of us dolled up it is not even funny....we have spent tons on clothes for both of us. The shoe fairy cums often!.....oopps, i mean comes often......She loves to dress me up and take me out...it is a dream come true. Point is gurls....dont be scared, there are tons of women out there that luv us!!!!!! Go for it!

Katie_
04-10-2008, 12:34 AM
oh yeah, and she is the love of my life for so much more than my dressing........

crusadergirl
04-10-2008, 12:39 AM
I picked female but i let ppl know i'm not a real girl. Mostly girls add me are other cds anyways.

docrobbysherry
04-10-2008, 12:58 AM
I posted Myspace as a male CD. No male pics at all. But, I'm 60+. Who'd want a homely old guy as a "friend"? So, no "Robert the straight male" Myspace page.

However, with only Sherry's pics posted, I get notes from men, women, CDs, and assorted others! And hit on a lot, too.

If you're hoping to find dates there, I recommend posting pics of u in both male and female mode. Good luck. Whatever u choose, it's a lot of fun!

CDTiffany
04-10-2008, 12:59 AM
Female all the way! Myspace is a blast. It is your space to have fun! And Like some mentioned earlier, It would be like choosing a restroom at a resturant, If you dont know what room to pick by know...... HMMMMM?

XOXO Tiffany

yms
04-10-2008, 04:46 AM
I selected Female, bu tin my profile I make it clear I am a crossdresser. Only one guy so far was confused.

DemonicDaughter
04-10-2008, 06:27 AM
That depends on you. I think putting yourself as a male that crossdresses rather shows you aren't afraid of who or what you are. I also think it keeps you from appearing to be something you're not (not meaning gender but meaning a single straight/gay female thus implying a relationship with straight men or gay women).

Everyone talks about honesty on this site and many GGs complain how the lack of it helps destroy the relationship. Be proud of who you are and don't hide it. The moment it says male with a female's pictures, they are going to know you are a CDer and right then it will help weed out the annoying prats who want a relationship you may not.

Just my :2c:

Ashlee
04-10-2008, 07:19 AM
Since I am looking like one I checked off the box for female. It can be changed at any time. I did have for a time "male" and was getting no traffic (not that I"m attention seeking but....) Like others....my profile/about me section tells the story quite vividly. I do get a lot of mail from men (some quite raunchy too) but I"m not out to fool anyone and am not wanting to meet guys either. I've not had any compliments, e-mails etc from GG's though that I recall. Those reading this that are on crossdressers.com....please friend me, I"d love to add you.

I just had another Jamie Austin session last week so I'm going to re-do the pics. Not to be vain I won't post that I had another session. The avatar is a pic from the session, more later when I get the pics back.

Jennifer Marie P.
04-10-2008, 12:32 PM
All my profile are in female mode and even have a female ID card that reads that I,m Jennifer

Ibuki_Warpetal
04-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Since I am looking like one I checked off the box for female. It can be changed at any time.

Oh really? Tell us please. In the meantime I'll add you. (:

CharleneT
04-10-2008, 01:23 PM
You know there is a serious underlying issue here.... on places like MySpace there is a growing problem of child moleters and other perverts. It is becoming a major problem for the folks who run these sites. If you state you are a female when you aren't - which could be viewed as perjury - you could find them doubting everything else you say. It may be best to id as a male. I am not saying you are a perv of any sort, but if there ever was an accusation and you were discovered to have lied about gender, you may find it difficult to prove to them that the accusations are false. Or at least it would be harder to convince them. I know this is a real downer, stupid thing, but it is a real concern.

Ibuki_Warpetal
04-10-2008, 01:46 PM
If you are dressing as a woman I think that would lend credibility to your decision to be percieved as one.
The only issue I can see arising from this is you might not be attracting the attention of the people you want to notice you, i.e. CD friendlies.

I just got another friend request from some 50+ guy who looks like he might be a conserative Christian. Is it because my gender stat says female and he didn't read my profile? Probably.

crusadergirl
04-10-2008, 02:15 PM
I don't think puting your gender as male means you accept your self. Like DD said. Its your page you can put what you want. I couldn't decide at first and i put male and i got hit on by guys. I put it as female and ppl don't bother me.
I know who i am and as kirra i don't think of myself as a guy.

Eugenie
04-10-2008, 04:59 PM
I have several personal "spaces" as "Eugenie".
Netlog, Yahoo 360, "My space", etc.

Some of them I have oppened but have not followed...

In a few cases I had to cancell the space because I was getting too many sexual messages as a woman...

I also have one "My space" and a website using my male identity.

:hugs:
Eugenie

Maria2004
04-10-2008, 05:10 PM
I met the woman of my dreams on myspace, thus the reason i havent posted on here in many moons. My profile showed me as male, but had pics of me enfemme. She asked me if that was me and I told her yes...................Point is gurls....dont be scared, there are tons of women out there that luv us!!!!!! Go for it!

Now that's interesting and pretty cool.:thumbsup:

I think putting yourself as a male that crossdresses rather shows you aren't afraid of who or what you are. I also think it keeps you from appearing to be something you're not (not meaning gender but meaning a single straight/gay female thus implying a relationship with straight men or gay women).

Agreed, keep it real and people won't bother you.

Beth785
04-10-2008, 06:01 PM
I checked the female box, but just went back to my page and looked and you CAN change it later. Go to "Edit Profile", then click on "Basic Info" and viola.

Jacqui
04-10-2008, 08:16 PM
I recently joined and checked "female" and age: 38 (10 years younger). I did not select a myspace url..that is what is unchangeable, not the gender box.

The only info I have in my profile is my name, age, and state.
I posted in the Technical Forum as to how I could receive mail or people wanting to be my friend:battingeyelashes: when I really wasn't ready to receive anything, but somehow, I've gotten about 7 hits, most of which came a couple of weeks after joining. They must have searched for name (over 500) and state/province, because that's all there is in my profile.
I searched for myself and struck gold by selecting name, city and "photos only"...I was on the 4th page!
Do these guys just pick their dream name that's close to where they live?

As far as being truthful, I am not doing this to attract anybody, but to just see for myself what my female persona would look like, and possibly share it with people on this forum who already know that I am a guy in a wig (don't have my own dress).

Ibuki_Warpetal
04-10-2008, 09:02 PM
I checked the female box, but just went back to my page and looked and you CAN change it later. Go to "Edit Profile", then click on "Basic Info" and viola.

D'oh! I see it now. I must be blind to radio buttons.

(Do they still call them radio buttons?)

Now that I see it, I don't want to mess with it. Female is my gender identity, not my biological sex.

victoriamwilliams1
04-10-2008, 11:51 PM
I check female/Married on all my profiles and most people cannot read MARRIED and those who do say my HUSBAND is a lucky guy! I appear as a woman in my photos so I choose female. Now if it was a legal document I would choose male, however if you attach yous SSN to it you may see your female name on your credit reports as a AKA! not good if your in the closet or looking for a job.

JoAnnDallas
04-11-2008, 08:34 AM
On my fem setups, I will check "Female and Married". If it has a shout bar, I will put "Married Hetrosexual Male to Female Crossdresser". You be surpised the number of IM and email messages I get that have said they have read my profiles but when I tell them I am a CDer they don't believe me. Some are OK with it and some dissapear into the either. LOL I

Carly D.
04-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Mine is male... no pretending here for the reasons others have said that they have had guys wanting to meet them.. you can put down female on there but then write in the essay that you are a male to female crossdresser and make it clear that that means you are a guy (man... male) that wears womens clothing..

KateSpade83
04-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Actually, I hate it when male crossdresser say they're genetic females. I'd rather have the truth! I don't have any Myspace profile yet, maybe I'l do it twice, one as male and one as a crossdresser.

danam
04-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Thank you for the advice! It is apparently an interesting subject given the number of replies.

I decided to create my MySpace page as a Male, Straight, and Married. Might as well start with the truth, eh? My profile picture explains the rest....

Not much else besides that on the page. I'm keeping the privacy setting on high until I get more comfortable with myspace.

Maybe I need some friends?

The URL is:
www.myspace.com/danamatthews71

briannad
04-12-2008, 04:25 PM
I picked male. I make a point in the profile to say whom I am. As my situation changes, I may change it to F but for now, I am satisfied with M there.

NatalieBliss
04-12-2008, 04:47 PM
I have two myspace profiles. one drab, one fem. both say male cause that is what I am... anyway it is just a little button on some website so what is the big deal? :idontknow: