PDA

View Full Version : ever wonder....

Vanessac48
04-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Ever notice how some women love to wear dresses, look sexy, always wear make-up, yet others never wear it, always dress down unless they have to do it, never wear heels. Ever wonder if the ones that always try to be prissy, dress sexy, wear make-up all the time, were close to being like us, males with a woman inside, while the others were females with a man inside? It's almost like genetically we were probably right on the cusp of being female, but missed the cut! While the women that find no joy in clothes, make-up, etc. were on the cusp of being male. I think we are closer to being women than some of the women that just don't seem to enjoy anything about being female, while we enjoy everything about being a female, as do the girlie-girl genetic females. Seems like we are close to them in so many ways. Just a thought...

KatGRL774
04-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Interesting point..

Do you think it is a turn-on for these women to dress down, or more masculine?

I'm just seeing if the parallel you are making works on other levels. have you ever heard a woman say male clothing is a turn on? Any FtM's think so?

I know not all CDs do so for the turn-on factor, I know I do.. but then again I am learning there are many different variations of the Crossdresser personality.

-Kat

paulaluvssz8
04-10-2008, 04:02 PM
When I told my wife about my desire to wear panties. She laughed and wanted to know why and I told her that it turned me on and so she allowed it for a while and it worked out pretty good as long as I didn't push for it all the time. She then revealed to me that she wore some of my boxerbriefs and it didn't do anything for her. She is the type that doesn't dress up alot. Mostly only when she has too. She is mostly a blue jean and teeshirt girl. Never out of the house without makeup. So you do have a good question. But as for mine. She is all girl, and apparntly not into FTM CDing.

Kate Simmons
04-10-2008, 06:58 PM
I think it's all about personal preference and comfort level myself. What really makes a person who they are is on the inside, not the outside, clothing preference notwithstanding.:)

Amanda_Robinson
04-11-2008, 03:09 AM
My wife very rarely uses makeup or dresses up. Most of the clothes I wear are hers that have been sitting in the closet un-used. I have always liked watching women get ready for a fancy evening out.

tracigirl_tv
04-11-2008, 08:26 AM
....I have always liked watching women get ready for a fancy evening out.

Watching a girly-girl do her makeup is a major turn on (imho). I had a gf who knew this about me, and would put on quite a show.

*giggle*

nikki47
04-11-2008, 08:56 AM
My wife uses makup all the time,won't leave the house without it,but only lightly,even on a night out i want her to be more glamorous,but she won't.Then when she sees me all made up,she says i'm wearing far too much,but i don't think so,i just love how it changes us so much.

Nikki

KayR
04-11-2008, 11:35 AM
My wife and I attend the annual Northern Concord "do" called "Le Big 'En" in February. Its held at a really nice (and secluded) hotel from a Friday night through to Monday morning. Over that weekend I love that we get ready together - borrowing makeup, helping each other with "stuff" ("are my seams straight?" "That eyeshadow doesn't go with that dress"). The Saturday night is ballgown night, and it's such a kick as we zip each other into our full-length gowns, complete the earrings, perfume etc., and swan out of the room feeling a million dollars! The weekend is over far too soon, but its a fantastic feeling, which my wife and I get real enjoyment out of. The rest of the time my wife dresses relatively conservatively, and doesn't use a great deal of makeup etc., so it makes a nice change for her to get dressed up.

Stargirl
04-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Maybe some people simply crave attention, and others do not. Or perhaps they have no reason to dress up. Male Peacocks put on a fabulous display while the females remain in the background waiting for the "special dance" after "Mr. Him" is fired up. I enjoy seeing people dress up, as long as they don't act like the red carpet should be rolled out just for them. A little humility goes a long way. Plain, or fancy, we can all enjoy the red carpet.(or not). How many people spend hours getting dolled up for the purpose of repelling others ? Consciously, not many, I would wager. People have different priorities. To some, any hint of vanity is a terrible thing. They fear being struck down by the "God of self effacement." Being self assured, and feeling our oats isn't a sin. Watch animals in the springtime. They celebrate with rituals, and debauchery. Why can't humans get spiffied up, and celebrate ?

KeriB
04-11-2008, 12:01 PM
I was telling a good Tgal friend the olther day about my plans for the following day, looking forward to wearing my new shorts and layered shirt combo with the warm weather.. she mused that I must've been planning more the skirt look... for me at this point (I consider myself TG for the "classificators" lol..), it doesn't have to be all skirts, stocking and heels; I just want to be the typical female about town! But, yeah, always a bit of makeup, some jewelry and oh yes, my D&B bag..

ReineD
04-11-2008, 01:19 PM
I have a few thoughts as to why some GGs don't go for the girly-girl look.

In my case, it has fluctuated depending on what stage I was in at various times in my life. During my teenage years, I was more interested in developing myself and my interests than attracting a bf, so I didn't go through the typical experimentation phase with make-up, clothes, and girly-girl looks I have since observed among some young women. I was more interested in dressing to emphasize my uniqueness and originality than to attract males.

My twenties were devoted to developing a career. I was interested in presenting a professional appearance and wore business suits during the week, jeans on week-ends, and dresses or slacks to go out during the evening. My non-work attire tended to be classic, sleek, streamlined, always well-fitting, but not over the top sexy.

The thirties to mid-forties were child-rearing years, and during this time my daily appearance was NOT a priority. As long as my jeans and tops were free of baby spit, spilt juice, and finger paint, I was happy. I didn't have the time or the inclination to wear make-up. I was young enough not to need it. I kept my hair long and straight so I could get out of the shower and go. My priority was to spend money on items that would enhance my children's lives, not on my wardrobe.

In the last few years I've been back at school. Although I've dressed to blend in with the crowd, I have paid more attention to my looks. Most of the time I wear (well fitting) jeans, (or casual skirts in the summer), classic but simple sweaters, and use minimal make-up to cover up signs of aging. I NEVER wear sneakers or sweat pants outside the gym. I keep my hair cut in a fashion that is easily styled and suits my facial features. I am slowly building a wardrobe for myself, and enjoy sexy but classic shoes, skirts, and dresses, when I do have the chance to wear them.

Some of my friends unfortunately don't feel they have the "ideal" body that we are bombarded with through the media. They wear loose fitting and middle of the road androgynous type clothing. Others have financial concerns, their children's college tuition, or other expenses. Still others are comfortable in their lives and relationships, have other interests and do not spend a great deal of time on their looks. For all these women, dressing is simply not a priority. I consider these friends to be women in every sense of the word, even though they do not conform to the media's notion of glamorized beauty. Some of my lesbian friends do prefer a more masculine look. They might fall under the category you describe.

Other ways to look at the idea of women wearing male clothing: I wear one of my son's discarded sweaters around the house. It is very comfy because it is loose. I do not get turned on by wearing men's clothing. I've worn one of my bf's boy tops at his place. Now I do feel sexy in that, simply because it his his, not because I have any inclination to present as a male. Also, there is the media image of the beautiful, young vixen looking very sexy wearing her bf's shirt. She knows that the garment's size and masculinity emphasizes her femininity through sheer contrast!

Thanks for starting this thread!
:hugs:

Carly D.
04-11-2008, 03:48 PM
I think for some women they just can't see themselves dressing up that way just because.. I was talking to a woman a year or so ago and had told her I crossdressed and she asked me if I wore pantyhose and I said yes that I really loved wearing them but that I felt wearing tights made my legs look better and then I asked her if she wore pantyhose and she said she tried them but that they were too tight on her (she's a big girl).. and I told her she should have tried a bigger pair and she just said she had a bad experience with them and that she hated wearing them.. I asked her about high heels and the same thing was answered there as she couldn't wear them because she was so heavy.. I told her I wasn't really that light and I had, and still do, wear really high heels... I think weight has a little to do with what women wear, but also self image and confidence about how they look.. and of course there's also the lazy factor...

Beth-Lock
04-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Some people who are into reincarnation, say that it is due to a soul having a series of lives in one gender or the other, and sort of getting stuck on it, (the one gender). The goal of reincarnation is to get beyond that. But if it is difficult to get beyond it, it is hard to see why a little relapsing cannot make a person comfortable, while they get used to their 'new' gender. Perhaps for some feeling bigendered is a step forward: taking pleasure in either.

Amy Hepker
04-11-2008, 06:45 PM
I think it is allo a matter of comfort. We are more comfortable wearing female attire and some women feel more comfortable wearing what they do. We all just want to be comfortable in our world.

Daphne7
04-11-2008, 07:56 PM
I have to believe that the environment you are raised in plays a role. My mom has always been a very large person, therefore she was never a good role model for tailored, form fitting or sexy clothing. She was in a business causal environment at work and dressed for that, but never much jewelry, make-up or time spent on arranging her hair. That extra effort was done for holidays and special occasions though. I feel that she really taught me that it is what is on the inside that counts. The way a person treats other people, what they have to say and how they navigate the ups and downs of life seemed much more important then the clothing they wore or any of the superficial female characteristics that the media and society encourages.

Not everyone grows up with a mom like that. Some people's parents stress an importance on all the things my mom did but also stress the importance of appearance. And it is true- first impressions are formed in the first 10-30 seconds and are mostly based on how a person appears to take care of themself (ie. sloppy, uptight, tailored, baggy, goth, chic, sporty, etc, etc) Other parents are the opposite and only stress appearance.

Kids have a natural inclination to rebel, so by looking at your parents you can say if you rebelled, or if you conformed to their expectations.

Socio-economic class goes into this as well. If your parents don't have the money to buy nice clothes, or a lot of clothes then its hard to form a habit for the nicer things in life. Hanes Her Way cotton underwear sold in 6 packs is less expensive than the soft fabric underwear that is sold per panty.

I've got to believe that the habits and expectations that our parents pass to us when we are young kids (when they still make all of our clothing decisions) have a big impact on our habits and views of fashion and clothing as adults.

Personally, a lot of the feminine material stuff I see as being unnecessary, materialistic and is often unsuited for the variety of activities that day to day life requires. As it is i often find myself changing outfits once if not twice a day to accommodate the variety of activities. The more time i can save changing my clothing the better. Getting dolled up for a special occasion is a different story.

DemonicDaughter
04-11-2008, 08:35 PM
Personally, I'm a GG who is very girly and I would DEFINITELY consider myself more masculine in personality than most other GG's. Feminine though I may look, I'll be the first to work on a car, get dirty, cuss like a sailor, stare down anybody and start the perverted humor. I wear makeup all the time but don't do the whole foundation and blush thing at all. Why? Because I have nice skin that doesn't call for it. As for clothing, I'm a jeans and a sexy top kind of girl or a corset and a long skirt when I'm going out.

I think it's all about personal preference and comfort level myself. What really makes a person who they are is on the inside, not the outside, clothing preference notwithstanding.:)

No truer words spoken my dear! Pearls as usual. :love:

Maybe some people simply crave attention, and others do not...

Again, brilliant and so very on the mark.

I have to believe that the environment you are raised in plays a role....

I don't entirely agree in that point. I was raised in a very masculine household and though I display many masculine personality traits, I find I cannot wholeheartedly agree with many other "typical" male mannerisms. I do believe it has more to do with peer groups than really a home life. Or more of a combination of both.