PDA

View Full Version : Interesting in crossdresser and would like advice

death6
04-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Hello, I haven’t cross dressed before but I am very intrigued by the idea. Im very manly and wanna try to get in touch with my feminine side. For certain reasons, I want this to remain a secret, I’m sure some of you can understand. I’m thinking of buying a dress and panties on eBay this weekend but was wondering if I should have some concerns? These concerns may sound stupid but any comments would be appreciated. By purchasing on Ebay, is it possible for roommates/significant other to find out? When the package comes does it have to be signed for? Is it possible it will be clear what is in the package? How long should I wait to expect my items, so I can be on alert? Anything in general I should be concerned about? Once again any help would be appreciated. Thanks alot

KatrinaAshley
04-10-2008, 06:40 PM
Most of those things depend on the seller. I was paranoid too when I bought my first few items but so far so good. If they have any access to your PC it can happen. To keep peace of mind you can start a new account, use a fresh password, and log out after each purchase. Obviously you want a really good spot to hide your delicates. First question. Not normally. Only expensive packages or those sent overnight. Second. It can be, you'll want to check if the shipper sends items discretely. Third, that depends on what shipping method is used and when it gets sent so ask the seller. Good luck.

kathrynt21
04-10-2008, 07:06 PM
Death-
You can always rent a PO box and have things delivered there. The private places are relatively inexpensive. You can get a box for a whole year for $70-$75.00

marie354
04-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Hey there D! Welcome to the site.

There are a lot of men that order things for their girlfriends/wives either on-line or in person at a store.

I didn't realize this, myself, until I visited this site.

Never fear... If someone asks, just tell them that it's for someone else and leave it at that. They don't need to know who, what, when or why. It's none of their business.

Just be cool about it and you'll be fine. Control your fear with confidence.
~Sandy~

Jill
04-10-2008, 07:22 PM
I can also relate, I used to be pretty uptight and anxious about buying online. I used to send an email to the buyers and ask them to ship under a fake name to a P.O. Box but I've never had anything come in the mail that was really incriminating. As I'm learning, it's only a big deal if I make it a big deal.

Dragster
04-10-2008, 07:25 PM
I've had quite a few things from Ebay Death6 (How did you get that name?) without my wife finding out. All my items have come through the normal post system, but since I was retired while she was still working part time, I almost always got to the post first. With anything that willl go through the letterbox, the postman won't even need to knock. As Katrina suggested, I also opened a separate ebay account, a separate email account (Ebay and Paypal send emails when you bid and pay, beware!), and I use a separate browser in my password protected area on our joint computer. As far as I know, my wife has picked up nothing, but I don't think my luck will last forever.

I don't do this to deceive her. She knows about, but hates, the idea of me CDing, and has said she doesn't want to see it; so I hide it. I'm working on that too, but progress is painfully slow. You could overcome your problem by telling your SO, but you need to be prepared for her reaction. No two SOs will respond in the same way!

All the best,
Tony

Amy Hepker
04-10-2008, 07:39 PM
When you sign up for ebay you are supposed to use one person for the whole house. So, whoevers name is on the account is to who it will be shipped. You can always get a po box and start up a new account under the name of your po box. That would be the safest way to do it so nobody finds it by accident and opens it. You can never see through the packages and nobody puts "inside is a dress for a man"

If you plan on buying dresses or blouses or skirts alway measure your self and look for the measurements in the listing. If it does not say then ask for the measurements. I have spent a lot on ebay and you don't always get what you thought you were getting so becareful. Always read through the listing more than once and don't get caught buying something in a hurry as it may not be what you wanted or it may not fit.

Shoes are different thatn anything as a 11 in womens is different from an 11 in mens. Just take your time and plan before you just buy. Watch out for shipping charges, sometimes some people up the shipping charges to make up for what they did not get for selling the Item. Always ask how much shipping will be if it does not say in the listing. I have seen people charge 2, 3, or even 4 times the shipping cost to try to make up what they did not get in the selling price. If it is a set price then you will know what it will cost.

docrobbysherry
04-10-2008, 08:30 PM
U mite try buying items at a thrift store. Goodwill is where I live. They never bat an eye at whatever I buy! It's always ladies gear! Cheap, and easy! I use a small tape measure to check the shoulders, waist, chest, to be sure what I want fits. If it doesn't, or I don't like it later, I give it back to them on my next trip! I DO buy wigs, shoes, foundation wear, and breast forms, mail order or online.

DanaR
04-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Depending on where you live, you might try second hand clothing stores. You could call and ask them if they would help you put together an outfit for a play/party or whatever you would like to tell them. After you have the clothes, try the same ploy with a Mary Kaye beauty consultant or equiv. These gals are very understanding and like having customers. You could do all of this in the next city on a day off or on vacation.

CharleneT
04-11-2008, 12:10 AM
I've bought a fair number of things off ebay. You'll find that how the package is addressed and marked varies with the sellers. But in general, they just list where from and where to. Do not look like you are doing something wrong and your roomies will not likely think anything of it. If you are worried, get a POBox.