PDA

View Full Version : Going Out

Farrah
04-11-2008, 12:59 AM
Hi girls. I've never gone out, but I'm prepping myself to in a few months. I just want know from you girls who've gone out, explain the feeling you get when you go out. Explain in full detail how you feel when you walk into the store dressed and look at clothes and other girly things.

victoriamwilliams1
04-11-2008, 02:25 AM
I have been going out for years and the feeling is very hard to describe. I can say is that you must first be comfortable with yourself and act as if you belong as a woman. I am very tall and at first I stayed out of busy places unless it was Halloween, now I have began to shop in stores with customers and for the most parts I get second looks and one time a guy thought was a GG.

What you also have to get used to while out is that to the world you appear as a woman so you will be treated as such so get used to have doors held open for you and horns blown while your walking from your car.

The most important thing is safety, do as women do when its dark out. I carry my keys in my hand at night and avoid vans and trucks.

For the most part it is great and fun and take photos.

DanaR
04-11-2008, 02:53 AM
The most important thing is safety, do as women do when its dark out. I carry my keys in my hand at night and avoid vans and trucks.

This can not be stressed enough, be careful out at night. We are so used to going anywhere we want, but women didn't go out by themselves like we sometimes do. I'll sometime walk down the middle of the road, depending on where it is to avoid shadows, to get back to my car.

Take care,

Princess29
04-11-2008, 07:06 AM
The first time that I went out, I was a little confused. I didnt feel how I thought I would feel and I was trying to get my head around it. The next time though, which was two days later, for some reason helped me get things sorted even though I didnt really do anything differently the second time as opposed to the first time

Janet Bern
04-11-2008, 08:00 AM
What a scary feeling. I guess you know you are a man, and expect people to see you as a man. However even though I am 6'3 (wore flats) noone even took a second look at me. Most people are so wrapt up in themselves you are just someone who is passing them. I went to some shops and a mall and event thought I felt funny and nervous, the nervous feeling gets less and less as the day wears on. I didnt drink water so I wouldnt have to go to a bathroom. Unless I scout out one that us unisex or acceptable I probably will go easy on the water. Good luck
Janet

MJ
04-11-2008, 08:24 AM
If you want to understand the first time out . it was scary i was nervous .
I went to a grocery store to get some supply's . the funny thing was the store was just across the road and i drove there . i sat shaking in my car but i got out went in and just did what i normally do . but my feet started to hurt my boot were 3 1/2 in heels not good for a rookie there were not automatic check outs so i went through a long lineup nobody said anything nothing happened .. i worked up a good fear over nothing . but the secret is after you go out you must do it again very soon afterwords so you don't lose your nerve.
as i am now full time it's no big deal . like you going out in drab ...
a few tips
1 .relax
2 .don't overdress
3 .not to heavy on makeup
4. try to forget your in drag like just be yourself
5 .if you get read just Smile ... it's OK
6 . stay cool you'll do just fine
7 . wear comfortable shoes
i hope this helps

KathrynCleve
04-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Well, I dressed and went out every day for two years while living as a woman in Los Angeles. But, it was always thrilling and fulfilling to me. One hint about passing: If you look like you know you are female and you know where you're going, people are much less likely to notice. Also, resist the desire to wear that leather skirt and 5-inch heels. If you want to blend in, strive to dress like other women do.
(I don't mean jeans and flip flops, although that's okay if you want to.)

dominique
04-11-2008, 02:00 PM
I have recently stepped over the threshold and went out en-femme. The feeling of achievement is wonderful your on edge but enjoying it at the same time. As long you blend in you should gave no problems what so ever. Good luck xxx

Deborah Jane
04-11-2008, 02:16 PM
Going out is a very hard feeling to describe!!!..A combination of pure excitement and nerves rolled into one...A total "rush"!!
When i first went out [fairly recently], i couldn,t wait to get back out again and ended up going out 4 times in that first week...
I just became so totally addicted to the feeling i got from it, i couldn,t [still can,t] stop!!

Good luck when you go out Farrah!!
Believe me..Life will never be the same again!!

Sophie Haworth
04-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Hiya.

You may wish to take a read of this post I made in 2005.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7617

I have made quite a few posts about going out.

It does express some of the thoughts I went through.

I have been out quite a few times since and I am always trying to "push the envelope" a little further.

My last big outing was to get a new tyre for my car and this involved talking to the man and trying to pass.

I will add that not everyone here goes out to pass, but I am one of those who gives it a 110% effort to pass.

All the best, and please keep us updated.

Sophie.

Jennifer Marie P.
04-11-2008, 02:41 PM
The first time you go out you will be nervous and scaried but after a while it gets better. The first time I went out dressed was with a GG and after a while you get comfortable and now I go out dressed almost every day to go to look at girly clothes

JoAnnDallas
04-11-2008, 03:33 PM
There is going out then there is going out. One type of going out is like for a dress and drive. You don't have to enteract with anyone else. Then there is going out where you are among others and may or may not have to speak to another person. I rate the later a lot harder to do than the first one. With the first one, passing is not really an issue, since your enteraction is very low. The later, passing or acceptance becomes paramount.

Amy Hepker
04-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Oh, you feel as though everybody is watching you, don't look and you won't see, they will only look for a breaf moment, The feeling is being scared to death, you take the step out and the world does not come to an end, you put one foot in front of the other and keep going. You wonder what is going to happen, then it happens, you are out by yourself and nobody cares. You start to feel good about being out, the farther you go. Stores are really scary. Don't worry about what others are saying or doing, just go in like you have been doing this all your life. Don't look scared if you do everyone will know.

Farrah
04-19-2008, 02:35 AM
Sophie, I read your story. It sounds like a dream come true. I loved all the pics. I don't know why you were scared, you looked adorable.

Megan (VA)
04-19-2008, 02:59 AM
For me it all just felt very normal. It's funny, when I am presenting as male I feel like everyone is looking at me and I feel uneasy. When I am presenting as a woman I feel more relaxed. But that is just me and I didn't find this out until I took that first step out the door all those years ago.

Please let us know how you felt after you take your first steps!

Dalece
04-19-2008, 03:31 AM
Well my first time nervious and scared was with a gg friend of mine. we went to a wal Mart in day light hours. After that she got me to go to a mall and I tryed on a dress while i was dressed femme. By the way I bought the dress. after that it gets easier.

TxKimberly
04-19-2008, 09:00 AM
Like others have said, its a combination of thrilled, terror, comfort, discomfort, excitement, wonder, and joy. I know that all sounds contradictory, but there ya have it.

Suzy Harrison
04-19-2008, 10:41 AM
So many feelings are going through your mind that it is a little confusing really.

It's very exciting and scary, but it does get easier with time. But you'll find as you become comfortable with some things, you keep on wanting to push it further and further.

RikkiOfLA
04-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Going out the first time rates right up there with one of the most positive experiences of my life!!!

First of all, all of my fears (of being laughed at, shunned, arrested, etc.) evaporated! No one laughed at me, avoided me, threatened me with arrest, etc. I discovered that I could be accepted, just as I am, dressed as a woman (when I was obviously so inexperienced at it that it was painfully clear that I was not a woman.)

Clothing tastes that had been, up to now, secret fetishes that I dare not let anyone know about, were now okay to wear in public. They changed from kinky, disgusting, and weird, to a perfectly acceptable style.

And I had FUN! I had a blast! I had the time of my life and I hated to leave. I wanted to do it again, as soon as possible. Before this, I often went through the motions of having fun to please others. Now, suddenly, I found something I enjoyed, more than anything else in the world.

To some extent I've been chasing this experience ever since, every time I go out (which is, literally, every time I go out, since within two years, I'd arranged to go full time, with my wife's blessings and with a new job where they welcomed me as an openly transgendered woman).

I found myself that night, and I've never been the same since!

Blessings,
Rikki

Nicki B
04-19-2008, 12:58 PM
I just want know from you girls who've gone out, explain the feeling you get when you go out. Explain in full detail how you feel when you walk into the store dressed and look at clothes and other girly things.

In the UK, there used to be an annual 'Debutantes Ball' in Milton Keynes - the atmosphere there always used to remind me of the airfield bar when people had just made their first solo or parachute jump, everybody is getting off on the newbies' adrenaline and euphoria? :)

For me, I just want going out to feel ordinary, natural and right - but YMMV..