PDA

View Full Version : men 10 women 1

lanell
04-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Has anyone realized that it seems there are more m to f than f to m
is it a gene flaw or gift?

Cai
04-11-2008, 11:41 AM
I don't tend to think being FtM is a gene flaw, tyvm, it's just who I am.

There's not as many FtM crossdressers because of societal norms - you're not considered a crossdresser as a woman until you've gone a lot further than men have to go to be seen as a MtF CD.

There are more FtM trans men than most realise. They are often unseen, however, because the general public sees either a butch lesbian or a normal guy.

cindichicago
04-11-2008, 11:56 AM
Maybe it's because women's clothes feel so good. What's so sexy feeling about wearing jockey shorts!

Cindi

jackie_p
04-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Well, I have to say first that after a lot of years, I am finally comfortable with who I am; however, I still try and figure out "why" I am.

Yesterday I was reading one of the article discussing how we all have the same plumbing in the womb and the mix of hormones we get during development can shift us from default female to male. Some people think that if we don't get enough of the hormones, we wind up somewhere in between. This certainly hasn't been proven but it could explain why there are fewer FTM, since we would all default to female anyway.

Deborah Jane
04-11-2008, 12:05 PM
There's not as many FtM crossdressers because of societal norms - you're not considered a crossdresser as a woman until you've gone a lot further than men have to go to be seen as a MtF CD.

There are more FtM trans men than most realise. They are often unseen, however, because the general public sees either a butch lesbian or a normal guy.

I agree..I think that,s your answer is right there lanell!!

I wouldn,t call it a gene flaw particularly, more of a variation in the natural way people are.
At one end of the spectrum you,ve got the ultra macho male, more genetically related to a caveman than anything else, while at the other end you,ve got the ultimate in femininity [whatever that is!!]
I would say that we are probably right smack bang in the middle of the genders.

I personally consider it a gift, as we can relate to both aspects of gender.

Natalia
04-11-2008, 12:44 PM
The simple fact is that women can wear anything they choose in our society...look at Diane Keaton and her slavish devotion to the whole Annie Hall look after all these years (meow)

My wife has worn a dress or skirt exactly twice in the past year (Xmas / Tgiving) 363 other days she wears blue jeans, plaid shirts or T shirts...just like every guy on every farm in our state...

The difference is that women wearing men's clothes doesn't imply any sexual issues...

They almost all do, but for them it is an accepted 'comfortable and practical' issue.

BTW did you all see the story on the cable news shows about the guy who mows his lawn in a lime green skirt? Says it is on Dr's orders due to a skin rash, but his neighbors complained that they could 'see his weed wacker'...LOL

Personally, I prefer a wrap style for lawn work but that's just me.

Niya W
04-11-2008, 03:01 PM
FtM seem to hide or seem not to be that involved in the community.Atleast the ones I've met.

Norman
04-11-2008, 03:15 PM
you shouldn't call in a gene flaw babe, it's just a genetic difference, which is in no way negative, it just means we all may have been born different and unique.

Amy Hepker
04-11-2008, 03:23 PM
I do not see a difference, we are all here for the same reason.

JoAnnDallas
04-11-2008, 03:36 PM
In my family it's the other way around. On average, only 1 MALE is born in each generation in my family. Where as on average 3 FEMALES are born in each generation in my family.

Carly D.
04-11-2008, 03:57 PM
A flaw... ok, not really... I think there are maybe more men wanting to wear womens clothing because women already wear a lot of mens clothing and don't think anything special about it.. not enough to join a crossdressers site anyway.. I think we are on this site (and others) to feel like there are others like us out there in the world.. that's why I joined here and why I finally put some pictures of myself on here and got my avatar picture set.. I want to feel comfortable somewhere being Carly (crossdressed)

Ayame
04-11-2008, 04:07 PM
I think there are tons of FTM just no one really realizes them since male clothing is looked at as normal even though I am a MTF cross dresser I don't look at it as a flaw or to be lucky in anyway I just look at it as me just as how most of the FTMs look at themselves. 100 years ago it was not normal for a woman to wear clothes like they do now tee shirts and jeans and if they wore anything of the sort they would most likely be looked at as a cross dresser and I feel as time goes on it will eventually be the same for men wearing dresses or doing makeup. As the world goes on each year I feel it gets a little less prejudice on how people act and dress now I'm not saying its a quick change but I feel that the younger generations are more accepting of how people act and dress.

Cai
04-11-2008, 04:14 PM
FtM seem to hide or seem not to be that involved in the community.Atleast the ones I've met.

Hi, have you met the guys here? Many of us are *very* active in the transsexual community.

Sophia KT
04-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Maybe if you take into account the women who really don't make an effort, and just wear jeans and sweaters (inspite of all the panties, dresses and shoes available [?]) the numbers balance out.

Dunno tho

Sophia

Niya W
04-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Hi, have you met the guys here? Many of us are *very* active in the transsexual community.

I not they ones I've met in the San Jose area. I meant in real time.

Cai
04-11-2008, 07:02 PM
I not they ones I've met in the San Jose area. I meant in real time.

Just because the guys in San Jose aren't active doesn't mean guys in general aren't active. There are very few trans people in the city where I live - does that mean there are few trans people in general? No. It just means there aren't many where I live.

Niya W
04-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Thats why at the end of my statement I said at least the ones I know, so as not to generalize, but just to show what i've seen. Just my own experiences.

Angie G
04-11-2008, 08:10 PM
It's truly a gift from Heaven Lanell. :hugs:
Angie

MentalMercury
04-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Gene flaw? That's a pretty tasteless thing to say. I have a soft spot in my heart for all the FtM's out there, we're all one in the same here on this board. Cai is just on the other side of the fence is all.

Nicole Erin
04-11-2008, 10:46 PM
I think there are probably as many FTM's as us MTF's but yeah often times they tend to do more of the stealth thing.

I of course have met a lot more MTF's but then I guess we look for each other.

battybattybats
04-11-2008, 10:49 PM
you shouldn't call in a gene flaw babe, it's just a genetic difference, which is in no way negative, it just means we all may have been born different and unique.

If it's genetic is an interesting possibility.

Though there may not actually be such a thing as a genetic flaw!
This has massive implications on the treatment of geneticly caused dissabillities.

Firstly a gene change is unlikely to pass on for very long or very well if it is a disadvantage. If it is unimportant it can spread a little but to do well it must have an advantage. But what if it has both an advantage and disadvantage?

For example it has been discovered that schizophrenics run in families. Tbis doesn't seem to be an advantage, it seems a distinct disadvantage. However those families have much higher degrees of creativity in the non-schizophrenic individuals! So then the occassional schizophrenic in the family is a minor disadvantageous consequence for the advantage of increased creativity. Therefore the genes prospered and spread.

Iirc the cause of sickle-cell anaemia also gives increased resistance to malaria. A negative side-effect of a useful survival adaptation.

So what bearing might this have on transgenderism?
Was there a survival or competition advantage to crossdressing etc? The Giant Cuttlefish includes a behaviour where smaller males will change their appearance to look female to sneak past large males to get into their harems! Did being transgendered help ancient man and woman?

Or was their another advantage that the occassional transgender individual is a side effect of?

Is it genetic at all? Does it run in families?

Or is it just spread evenly everywhere? A common event?

Homosexuality and bisexuality have been often observed in other animals. Some individual species change sex or like the cuttlefish behave like the opposite sex for advantage. But if it's a general occurance shouldn't we see it spread throughout many animals especially other primates? Has anyone looked?

Heelsnlegs
04-12-2008, 12:28 AM
After the experience of "being Jen" I have to ask, why would anyone want to be a man! :)

Rachel Morley
04-12-2008, 02:32 AM
Hi Lanell,

Interesting observation. I've heard that a lot of potential FTM s "hide" in the "butch lesbian community" ... :thinking: maybe? ... who knows? ... care to share an opinion?

My personal opinion is "maybe". I think that potentially an FTM "could" blend into the butch lesbian crowd, but surely if they truly were a TS they'd want to transition .... right? It's kinda like that I know there are totally folks out there that say they are CD but if they were in another world, or maybe not married, or perhaps different circumstances, they'd be a "full on" MTF TS.

JaytoJillian
04-12-2008, 03:00 AM
Hi Lanell,

Interesting observation. I've heard that a lot of potential FTM s "hide" in the "butch lesbian community" ... :thinking: maybe? ... who knows? ... care to share an opinion?

I was out with my family a couple of weeks ago, and I saw what on the surface, appeared to be two couples in their mid-20s (complete with kids) having lunch in a food court-like area near the waterfront here. Aside from noticing that one of the "guys" seemed really small, I didn't pay much attention. The "guys" took notice of me as I strolled back to our table with a pitcher of beer I had procured for my uncle and me. One of them piped up in his best macho voice and said to the other in ghetto vernacular, "Yo, dawg, see, I need be like him! Bro got him a pitcher a beer! Dat's what I'm talkin' 'bout!" At this point, I realized the guys were GGs and they began their virtual "di*% measuring contest," much like the way teen boys do, being generally obnoxious dropping F-bombs as loud as they could and grabbing their crotches. They publicly displayed their affection for their girlfriends through competing lip-locks. I somehow felt that this performance was for my benefit so I could see how "manly" they were behaving. Odd, it just embarrased me. No, I was not embarrased because they were en homme, I was embarrased because they were black people fitting an all too common stereotype. I probably wouldn't have even noticed them had they not been acting out.