PDA

View Full Version : My baby is gone

Taylor105
04-11-2008, 01:06 PM
I don't have the mental energy to write about Van so I copied and am pasting what Angie wrote on my site. Thanks for your love and support. Right now I am in shock and can't even cry. I wish I had just died. I had him for 14 years and my heart is now empty.........

From Angie....

Today we took Van to the vet to see what we needed to do for him. The vet told us he is just wearing out. His lungs were filling up with fluid and he was 100% sure it would not get any better. We had discussed the possibility of saying good-bye to Van this very day, but it is never an easy thing when the time comes. The vet could empathize with us very well as he has a 16 year old dog who he needs to put down but can't seem to go through with it just yet.
Taylor, Craig and I were all together today and we knew it was the best thing to let Van go. We didn't want to see him suffer anymore and we knew it would be the best thing to let him rest. He has had such a difficult time recently getting up, walking and breathing. So, we did what was best for precious Van and let him go today.
They gave him sedation and we were able to say our farewells to him while he was going to sleep. We left the room and the doc was planning to give him the final injection after our departure.
In an act of courtesy the vet offered to let Van be buried on his grounds. He lives in the country and he will personally bury Van under an oak tree near a pond. He gave us a map and we can visit there anytime we want.
We said a prayer together thanking God for Van's life and the joy it has been to love him and be loved by him. We asked God to give us strength and courage to let him go. It is our hope that one day we will see him again, frolicking in heaven, happy and pain free. Thank you Van for the beautiful gift of YOU. For making us all laugh, smile and love a little bit more. We will miss you and we love you very much.

Syr_SwitchyGQ
04-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Oh Taylor.... I'm so sorry to hear this! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: What a difficult time to lose someone so special to you. Know that you guys did the right thing in letting him go, and that he's still with you in spirit. Best friends like that never really leave you. ***HUGE Hugs***

Cai
04-11-2008, 01:22 PM
:hugs: :hugs:

Taylor, I'm so sorry.

Do remember that you gave Van an amazing life. He was happy because you were there for him, to love him and take care of him. He couldn't have wanted anything more. Even now, when it hurts you beyond belief, you did what was best for him.

:hugs:

Emily Ann Brown
04-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Got my baby laying at home starting similar illness....I will look to you for the example of how to survive it. You are in my prayers dude.

Emily Ann

Adam
04-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Sorry to hear the sad news Taylor :hugs:

ZenFrost
04-11-2008, 01:26 PM
:hugs: Taylor, I'm so so sorry. I know how much he meant to you and I'm just so sorry that he's gone. :hugs: But please don't give up because of this, you still have one more baby who loves you and needs you.

Daintre
04-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Taylor, I am so sorry to hear of Van's passing. I commend you on your efforts, your love and compassion for Van, who was a best friend to you. :hugs:

Devon James
04-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Think of the good times buddy, it's the only way to get you through.. Stay strong and take care of your other 4-feeted friend, I'm with you.
I think it's very brave to let Van go, you prevented him from more pain and suffering.

Love and hugs,

Cai
04-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Taylor, I don't know if you've seen this before, but it really helped me when my family lost our English Setter a couple years ago: Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html). It makes me cry every time, but in a good way.

Van is waiting for you, and someday when your time comes (hopefully though not for many years) you'll be together again. :hugs:

MJ
04-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Taylor, I'm so sorry :hugs: :hugs: :love:

Cynthia_0101
04-11-2008, 02:50 PM
I know what you are feeling. Me and the wife got a dog soon after we moved in together and she was with us for 10 great years.

We know exactly how you feel and our hearts go out to you.

Sorry for your loss

Cynthia

waspookie6
04-11-2008, 03:37 PM
My heart sunk seeing the title, I swore out loud.

Taylor - you just have to know you were the best guardian for Van ever. He couldn't have had any other buddy than you to provide him with so much love and great life. He gave back, unconditionally. I know. Kinda still there from January and losing my buddy in life too.

All I can do for now is to offer you a huge cyber hug, I so wish it was so much more.

Tristan
04-11-2008, 05:24 PM
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm sorry for your loss, Taylor. It is a hard blow to lose one so devoted and loyal to us for so many years. May Van rest in peace.

SirTrey
04-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Taylor, I am so sorry to hear that...I don't even know what else to say, dude....Just that you have been through so much lately...Really sorry you have to go through this, too...Hugs, **Trey**

DeniseK
04-11-2008, 05:54 PM
I am so so sorry for your loss. I feel your pain.

D

Wendy me
04-11-2008, 06:34 PM
sorry for your loss...........

Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Tamara Croft
04-12-2008, 02:48 AM
Taylor, sweetie, you're hurting so much right now, but with time it will get easier... you don't wish you died, don't say things like that, that hurts me when you say things like that :( I read that and cried, you're loved here, please don't think such horrible thoughts. I know what it's like, I lost my baby too, 8 years ago, I still cry now... it's easier, but you never forget :hugs:

ChristineRenee
04-12-2008, 03:52 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss Taylor. :hugs: :love:

mylitta
04-12-2008, 04:28 AM
Taylor, I'm so sorry that you have lost your friend. You did the right thing in letting him go and not leaving him to suffer, and you gave him the best life a dog could have.

Thinking of you. :hugs::hugs:

Deborah Jane
04-12-2008, 04:57 AM
I really feel for you Taylor:hugs::hugs:
My dog is my best friend helping me with what i,m going through now, and if anything happened to him i,d be devastated.

Sandra
04-12-2008, 05:14 AM
Taylor I know you're hurting, I felt just the same earlier this year when I took my cat of 19 years to the vet and she didn't come home. We all do our best for our animals and when we can't do any more it hurts like hell but you did right thing by not letting Van suffer.

:hugs:

metalguy639
04-12-2008, 05:50 AM
Sorry for your loss Taylor.

GypsyKaren
04-12-2008, 07:07 AM
I am so sorry for the loss of your dear friend, but he's probably up there chasing rabbits and having fun, so just keep the smiles in your heart. :hugs:

Karen Starlene :star:

Tree GG
04-12-2008, 07:37 AM
My sincerest sympathies. May your memory soon be filled with smiles and his ever-present faithfulness, warmth and love, instead of loss.

I think I'll go hug Riley and rub his soft, floppy ears.

Felix
04-12-2008, 08:22 AM
Huge :hugs::hugs::hugs: My friend cos don't know what I'd do without my cats to be honest. Thinking of ya hun xx Felix :hugs:

shannonsilk
04-12-2008, 01:54 PM
That's very sad. I once went with an ex GF to the vet to see her sheltie through its last moments. That was one of the best dogs i've ever met and though I'd only known it for a couple yrs, it was a tough time.
best wishes.

kerrianna
04-12-2008, 11:56 PM
I'm so sorry that the day came so soon Taylor, but it sounds like you guys did the right thing for your friend, as much as it tears you up. :sad:

I'm glad he will have a resting spot that sounds nice that you guys can go visit. And you know, I've read about and been told, and I believe this, that our animal friends visit us in spirit form.

Whenever I have really needed one of our friends' help, I send a message to them and it seems like they do help. So I really do believe that they are always around us, even if we can't see them.

Please try and take care of yourself during this unhappy time. Like Tamara said, we all love you and I'm sure Van will be by your side in spirit and would want you to make a full recovery and live for him. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

wanttobejoe
04-13-2008, 02:37 AM
Sorry to hear about your dog, Taylor. It's always hard to lose a loved one. :hugs:

Taylor105
04-26-2008, 09:52 AM
Again, I wanted to thank everyone for the responses. Van has been gone for two weeks now. It's still very hard but it is getting a bit easier as I know he suffered so much. He was such a brave boy being in so much pain and yet wanting to stay with us. They really are loyal right to the end. I want to strive to be like my dog Van. Loyal to my friends all the way to my death.

kerrianna
04-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Yes, our dog friends teach us lots about loyalty and courage. Van would be happy to know you have been inspired by him. I'm sure he does know.

This has been such a test for you, Taylor, these last couple of months, and once again I'm inspired by your own courage and strength. It's good to see you posting more today. Everyone has missed you. Welcome back. :hugs::love:

Taylor105
04-27-2008, 08:58 AM
Yes, our dog friends teach us lots about loyalty and courage. Van would be happy to know you have been inspired by him. I'm sure he does know.

This has been such a test for you, Taylor, these last couple of months, and once again I'm inspired by your own courage and strength. It's good to see you posting more today. Everyone has missed you. Welcome back. :hugs::love:

I smile everytime I see that Taylor is Treasured at the bottom of your page. I don't feel worthy of it. But that is so sweet. Yes, unless something happens to me I intend to be here posting everyday again. I am feeling so much better. There are for you. :love:

SarahLynn
05-05-2008, 11:52 PM
If there are no dogs in Heaven then by God i want to go where dogs go when they die, For there would be no life or love in heaven if there are no dogs there.

SarahLynn

Taylor105
06-14-2008, 09:48 AM
Wow!! Okay..I'm crying now. I forgot about this thread. I was self medicating with extra Xanax when Vanny died. And I don't remember too much writing this and I certainly am just now reading these responses with sober eyes. Eyes that are full of tears now. You don't really get over losing your pets. Especially if they were a huge part of your heart. My life changed the day Van died. I even feel like a different person in many ways. We have been out to see where he is buried one time. It is beautiful. The doc buried him on his land. And lets just say this doc isn't poor by any means. There is a huge sprawling few acres of land with a ginormous oak tree that Vanny is buried near. Then a big pond that you can see the fish jumping in. I stood by that pile of dirt and thought. "this is right. Van would love it here" Vanny always loved to be outside with his nose to the wind, eyes half slitted because of the sun. He really was a gorgeous boy. I hope you guys don't mind me sharing a coupole of pics here with you. I still have trouble really looking at too many of his pics without crying but I guess crying isn't such a bad thing when you have pent it up and it needs to get out.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i30/shellyco105/6058-2.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i30/shellyco105/DSCN2041.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i30/shellyco105/MVC-278S.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i30/shellyco105/vanandmechristmas.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i30/shellyco105/MVC-185S.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i30/shellyco105/7.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i30/shellyco105/iloveyou.jpg

p.s. If the photos are too large you guys can remove them. ;)

Kieron Andrew
06-14-2008, 09:56 AM
:jumping: Taylor is here!!....we've so missed you dude!!, stick around a bit eh?

Im sorry things are hard with thinking of Van still, grieving for someone or something can take a long time to get over, to the point that it is just memories without the sadness, you will in time get to that point my friend.....

Sandra
06-14-2008, 11:24 AM
Aww s*** now you got me crying :(

The pics are lovely.

Kieron is right Taylor, the time will come when the memories will be there and the tears won't flow, infact you'll be smiling remembering all the things you did together.

ZenFrost
06-14-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm sorry your wounds are still raw from your loss, I can only hope times hastens to heal them. :hugs:

Taylor105
06-20-2008, 05:37 PM
So sorry to make you cry Sandra. It's really hard but as you say Zen, time will heal things. Slowly but surely. Thanks guys. Taylor

Sandra
06-20-2008, 06:16 PM
Hey hun know need to apologise, I've had pets my self and know how you feel, I'm just a big sloppy sod when it comes to animals mine or others.

mylitta
06-21-2008, 04:38 AM
Those pictures are beautiful, Taylor, and brought tears to my eyes also. As for your crying- just go with the grieving, don't try to hurry things. In time it will get easier.