PDA

View Full Version : A simple first for me

Suzy Harrison
04-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Well what happened the other day was a first for me and although it was a small gesture, it really did give me a lift.

I went to pay for a skirt in a shop - and for the first time since I've been going out in public (Aug last year)
the assistant actually called me 'Ma'am' as she served me - twice.

It's such a trivial thing I know - but it's another step along the way for me.

I don't remember walking out of the shop, I think I somehow floated out!

:hugs: Suzy

MJ
04-12-2008, 09:46 AM
that feels so good when that happens . so were are the pictures then ?

Kayla Shadows
04-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Thats awesome!!I can imagine you must have felt very good. :)

Angie G
04-12-2008, 09:58 AM
I'm glad you enjoyed that. :hugs:
Angie

Suzy Harrison
04-12-2008, 09:59 AM
that feels so good when that happens . so were are the pictures then ?

Hi MJ - Well due to technical difficulties...... ( my camera failed the vertical drop test ).... there are none !

tamarav
04-12-2008, 10:03 AM
Funny, I have also performed the vertical drop test, to the same result.

It is always a wonderful feeling to have someone address you as feminine. Congratulations and keep up the great work...

Tami

tia_chavez
04-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Great to hear about that. I can relate to the feeling when I was dressed couple of months ago and a girl addressed me Ma'm. It was a wonderful feeling.

MarciManseau
04-12-2008, 12:31 PM
I still love when when man holds a door for me or flirts with me :) Makes all the effort of looking nice worth it, I think.

paulaluvssz8
04-12-2008, 12:51 PM
That is great. Hope that happens to me someday.:daydreaming:

vivianann
04-12-2008, 01:02 PM
that is wonderful Suzy, it sure can give a confidence boost. I love it when I am called ma'am, or girl.

Suzy Harrison
04-13-2008, 12:03 AM
Thanks for your replies.

The two ladies in that shop who spoke to me certainly boosted my confidence levels as well. It tends to make you a little braver for the nect time.

TxKimberly
04-13-2008, 10:07 AM
Well what happened the other day was a first for me and although it was a small gesture, it really did give me a lift.

I went to pay for a skirt in a shop - and for the first time since I've been going out in public (Aug last year)

There's Nothing Trivial about it Suzy! It's an awesome compliment and confidence booster. Congrats!

Nicole Erin
04-13-2008, 10:11 AM
Suzy, if you go out presenting as femme, why wouldn't they call you as either "ma'am" or by Suzy?
I mean it is cool but shouldn't one expect to be addressed by the gender they present?

Suzy Harrison
04-14-2008, 01:48 AM
TxKimberly : There's Nothing Trivial about it Suzy! It's an awesome compliment and confidence booster. Congrats!

Thanks Kim, it really did make me feel good about myself

Suzy, if you go out presenting as femme, why wouldn't they call you as either "ma'am" or by Suzy?
I mean it is cool but shouldn't one expect to be addressed by the gender they present?

Well usually it's just "Love", "Honey" or "You creepy pervert !" - no I just made that last one up! :heehee:

But even in drab I still get called "Love" or "Honey" - so when someone makes an issue of the gender, then it's nice as it's never happened before now.

erickka
04-14-2008, 07:29 AM
Well, If that ever comes my way, it will tell me that I am on the right path to being truly passable as a Woman, and not a dude in a skirt and heels. Congrats, Suzy.

KayR
04-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Hi Suzy!
I've just been looking at your Flickr pictures. Very nice. Your makeup really impressed me, particularly the smooth foundation you have.
Do you do your own makeup? If so, can you offer any tips?
Great avatar too!

Sam-antha
04-14-2008, 01:41 PM
First time for anything is something that is for memory.
The first time being called "Ma'am" or even "Lady" is most memorable of the lot. Well maybe not, but it is a marvellous happening.
~Samm

JoAnnDallas
04-14-2008, 01:57 PM
I remember the first time I got a "Mam". I was walking into the Hotel where HEF2006 was being held and a gentlman came out as I approached. He held the door open for me and said, "Good Morning Mam". I smiled all the way to the receiption desk to check in. LOL It was my first time out in public among other people. I am not sure if he read me or not, since everyone at the Hotel knew what event was going on. It still feels great even today.

Suzy Harrison
04-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Hi Suzy!
I've just been looking at your Flickr pictures. Very nice. Your makeup really impressed me, particularly the smooth foundation you have.
Do you do your own makeup? If so, can you offer any tips?
Great avatar too!

Hi Kay - Thanks for the reply. Yes, like most girls here I do my own make up. The secret? - loads of practicing - for years - honestly! ~ I've also read as many books and articles as I could during the years.

You mentioned the foundation and you are spot on in looking at that area, because it's just like painting a picture and the foundation is the canvas - If it's not right then nothing will be. I use Revlon Colorstay (mainly because it stays on all day despite the heat over here)

joann07
04-18-2008, 09:43 AM

Hi Suzy,

Good for girl. I'm sure you're still on cloud 9. :c9:
It's such a nice feeling to be called 'Ma'am' isn't it?
When you hear it from someone, it's a major confidence booster because in that person's mind you are perceived as a GG.

Way to go! :)

Hugs!

gwendy
04-18-2008, 10:34 AM
Dear Suzy
I know how lovely little moments like that can boost ones confidence.
Love the Suzy as brunette by the way.
gwen

ReginaS
04-19-2008, 12:54 AM
I just squeal when each time I get called miss or maam! What a thrill!