PDA

View Full Version : Seeing is believing??

Mirani
04-12-2008, 10:38 AM
Hope its OK to share a thought. I perhaps sometimes think too much!

It would appear that there is sometimes more than a healthy dose of cynicism surrounding threads about CDing experiences.
Perhaps some stories are just that .. fantasy fiction. But I trust most to be true. I accept most things at face value unless there is a reason not to.

But I keep seeing requests for pictures to substantiate any accounts almost as if "No pictures = fantasist". It almost feels like an accusation of dishonesty if no pictures follow a thread about an experience. The hidden message appears to be "if you don't have a picture, I don't believe you".

In the past I used to take pictures of EVERY occasion ... now I don't even take a camera and when pictures are taken by someone else (as on a recent Hen Night) I don't feel the need to share them with everyone.

Of course, like others, I am happy to view all pictures - I am a curious person by nature and also enjoy the occasional vicarious pleasure from seeing the pics. :)

Are you a cynic (Thomasin Didymus) .. only believe if it's proved,
or an Idealist or Realist ???

(oops just realised I have transgressed the "No Labels" ethos :doh:

http://www.michaelteachings.com/cynic_attitude.html -for anyone interested in "types".

Suzy Harrison
04-12-2008, 10:49 AM
I take all posts on face value.

I can't imagine why anyone would make up a story about some outing or whatever which was not true. If they did they would just be emphasizing their own short comings.

:hugs: Suzy

tia_chavez
04-12-2008, 10:51 AM
I also take all the posts on face value. I can not understand why someone would want to write anything that is a fantasy...

Nicole Erin
04-12-2008, 10:51 AM
As long as the story is not too far off in left field.

Most outing stories are pretty feasible, but yeah the ones that meet critics are those stories that are just totally outrageous.

I know it is possible that someone's boss demanded they come to work in a dress and be a sissy maid and sleep with his wife later but it is unlikely.

What IS believeable is something like they spent the day en femme and went out with a few friends or bought some new nice outfits.

TGMarla
04-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Well, Mirani, there are some accounts here and there that are just a little to stretched to be believable. There are others who's ensuing posts contradict their previous ones, too. Still, there are more who tell a story, and a few weeks or months later, tell the same kind of tale, only changed just a bit.

So one cannot get around the fact that there are more than a few liars who come here and post. That's just the way it is.

Deborah Jane
04-12-2008, 11:08 AM
I took a pic on my first time out, for the memory as much as anything else. I don,t bother now though as i think i,d be attracting attention to myself.
As for the "tall tales" that sometimes appear here, you can normally spot them from a mile off...Just unrealistic!!!

DemonicDaughter
04-12-2008, 11:21 AM
I just like to look at all you lovely ladies... that's why I always hint for pics. :o

TGMarla
04-12-2008, 11:35 AM
DD....you're so sweet! We would like to see more of you, too!

DemonicDaughter
04-12-2008, 11:37 AM
DD....you're so sweet! We would like to see more of you, too!

I'll try but I'm rather camera shy. :o

Kate Simmons
04-12-2008, 12:10 PM
I'm not one for pictures myself. I'm more of a doer than a poser. In fact the only reason I started posting my own avatars was that a few folks inferred I wasn't who I said I was. Go figure. To each his or her own, I guess.:)

MJ
04-12-2008, 12:20 PM
I also take all the posts on face value. i do take my camera with me but i don't see a reason to take pictures . and i don't want to break the camera .. i am not exactly a sight for sore eyes ..

paulaluvssz8
04-12-2008, 12:29 PM
DD I think that you are very sexy. Just by reading your post. I also take post for face value. Unless they seem just too far fetched..

TxKimberly
04-12-2008, 12:43 PM
I have yet to read an out and about story that I had any reason to doubt, but there HAVE been some posts about life experiences that I have my doubts about. Still, it's not like they are trying to sell me a bridge or a gold mine, so I don't worry about it much.

Oh, and I wanna cast my vote for more pictures of DD too! I'd give my left leg to be that cute! :-)

Wendy me
04-12-2008, 12:51 PM
it is what it is .... lol if you need to make up a story to feel good or get others to read your posts .... that's sad.... most often the one's spinning tales get found out ....so i say if that's your thing go for it ..... if it's unbelievable it probably is.........

DemonicDaughter
04-12-2008, 02:05 PM
DD I think that you are very sexy. Just by reading your post. I also take post for face value. Unless they seem just too far fetched..

...Oh, and I wanna cast my vote for more pictures of DD too! I'd give my left leg to be that cute! :-)

Okay... now that I'm a cute shade of "awww!" :o I'll do my best not to be so damn critical of my own pics and actually start a thread on here with a few. I'm just not making too many promises. BUT (and no, there will be no butt pics in the thread) I will demand that all who comment have to post a picture of themselves too in the reply. So I won't feel so alone. :)

Huntress
04-12-2008, 03:26 PM
I take all posts on face value.

I can't imagine why anyone would make up a story about some outing or whatever which was not true. If they did they would just be emphasizing their own short comings.

:hugs: Suzy

Same here. Although I sometimes take them at bewbies, sylph-like neck, well turned ankle value.:D

Huntress

Any lie is a lie. Internet, face to face, or in the rough next to the fairway. If you lie and get away with it you still lose.

Pandora
04-12-2008, 04:41 PM
Good thread Mirana. I find most of what I read here to be believable, although anytime people post on a forum there can be a tendency for some to exagerate. I know some poeple who do it face to face all the time, so for some the temptation is too great when writing from behind a keyboard. And for some it's just an exercise in outright fantasy and a few are really just trying to lie and get people riled up.

It's kind of like the BS detector going off whenever I get some outrageous chain email warning of some unbelievable hidden danger or unbelievable event and then not giving any sources to verify it. They usually start out with "you won't believe this!" and sometimes the email even says stuff like "it's true, CNN reported it!" or something like that, but no link or anything. I love the internet but you always have to keep your guard up.

NatalieBliss
04-12-2008, 04:55 PM
A good point for sure. I also, tend to believe most "stories" told in life not to mention CDing websites. Really the only time I start to think something is up is when the story is the "perfect CD fantasy" Of which I am sure you know a few.

deja true
04-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Personally I take most at face value as well. We only ask for pictures to share the joy, not as corroboration...

Is this the BS detector you had in mind, Pandora?

Julie York
04-12-2008, 05:26 PM
I ask myself if that is what a real person would do in that genuine real situation. It's very easy to let your brain slide along like reading a novel when you read some accounts. But then I think.....no no no. In REAL life that doesn't happen that way. Not a chance. People just don't act like that....

And then I become 'curious'.

And when I become curious it is very rarely that my questions are answered to my satisfaction.

DeeDeeB
04-12-2008, 05:31 PM
I likewise take anything said to me at face value, whether in person or on the phone or online. If I'm making personal decisions based on what I'm told, then I care if it's 100% true or not. If it's just conversation, I can share your fantasies with you as well as your real life.

Personally, I rarely carry a camera because I'd rather live any experience than photograph it - that becomes too much responsibility and detracts from the moment.

I enjoy the pix here, but I'm more interested in what you girls have to say. And as far as proving to me what your experiences are, as Bette Midler would say "Why bother?".

Dee :fairy2:

SherriePall
04-12-2008, 06:20 PM
I carry a camera with me whenever I go out. (the few times a year that I do) I might have a pic or two taken to chronicle the outfit I was wearing or to have to look back on some day to help remember that day and how much I have progressed (or digressed) in my dressing.
Actually, the camera can become a pain to carry in my purse. Just another something to have to push around to find my car keys.
As for taking pics to prove I did it, no. I do love to see others' adventures because they are usually braver than I could ever be.

Jodie_Lynn
04-12-2008, 07:04 PM
I do tend to take people at their word, both on the net and in R/L.
However, there are some tales that just tweak my sense of the absurd.
Especially ones like:

>new Poster< >1st post<
Hi! I've never even thought of crossdressing before, but... >giggle< I expertly applied make up, permed my hair and put on my sisters hottest, cutest outfit (that just happens to be MY perfect size), slipped on a pair of 6" heels and sashayed down to the mall!!!! Where, beleive it or not, my best friend was hanging out with some other friends, and.... He was HITTING ON ME and never suspected who I was!!!!!!OMG! Gurls ROXXORS!!!!!!

Usually full of spelling and grammatical errors as well, these posts tend to make my alarm system ring out.

Jane G
04-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Prior to digital cameras I had very few Photos dressed. I used to go out driving and walking quite often when I was younger and never thought to take photos. It's only the past few years since discovering this sight and digital photography that I have started to take photos dressed. Shame is I very seldom venture out anymore. Mainly since I now have work coleuges living next door and directly accross the street. Not sure why people make stuff up, but somtimes they do. We just have to take each post on it's own merits and enjoy the story, true or not quite so true.

Huntress
04-12-2008, 11:00 PM
BUT (and no, there will be no butt pics in the thread) I will demand that all who comment have to post a picture of themselves too in the reply. So I won't feel so alone. :)

Mmmmm... Butt-tacular Pics, Derriere Artistry Dreams.:drooling: Hey youse is an artiste, Eh? I'll Post my Posterior :heehee: soon. Fully Clothed*. Don't want a Mod-er-ator to stroke out.
I'm not an artist and I need to practice this foto stuff. I ain't kiddin', SOON. so you better go get some dark glasses and eye bleach.

Huntress

* I had an artsy Derriere shot in stockings and platforms to put up here. It probably would not have survived "The Censors." Use your Imagination. :devil:

DemonicDaughter
04-12-2008, 11:13 PM
...* I had an artsy Derriere shot in stockings and platforms to put up here. It probably would not have survived "The Censors." Use your Imagination. :devil:

NEVER ask me to do that! Not unless you want to feel the embarrassment all the way from here. :D

Nicki B
04-13-2008, 12:18 AM
NEVER ask me to do that! Not unless you want to feel the embarrassment all the way from here. :D

Ditto.. :)

TBH I don't query other people - if they're telling porkies, who are they hurting but themselves?

I'd not like myself very much if I didn't take people at face value - but I do try and ask myself why they are saying what they are?

Sally24
04-13-2008, 07:51 AM
I think many people are like me and photos are the best way to experience and remember an event. Similar to the "if it isn't written down it didn't happen" Tom Clancy line. I think the request for pictures isn't asking for proof so much as people want "more" of the story by actually seeing it as it happened.

I am occasionally cynical of some details but tend to try to believe anyone here.

tamarav
04-13-2008, 08:08 AM
...and sometimes I feel guilty for posting too many pictures.

I take pictures for myself to review and self criticize so that I can improve on the areas I feel are lacking. But I don't generally take a camera with me on the road, there is one at work that I use to take pictures of myself, as any of us would do, but not generally of clients unless it is some truly different procedure or one I want to document.

Yes, I did go to work yesterday but I only have pictures before (when everything is fresh and unwrinkled), none at work or after. ..and no, I only worked 6 hours yesterday! (Nordstroms had a sale)

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Tami