PDA

View Full Version : "Maybe he wants to wear the dress?"

Shannen
04-12-2008, 01:28 PM
Today while paying at the cash register of a gas station I was begged by the cashier to buy some cookies. She explained that if the met their goal in sales, a guy would have to wear a dress!!!!!! :eek:

My reply was, "Maybe he wants to wear the dress!", and no, I don't need cookies. Her remark was a conspiratorial "Sometimes I think he might want to."

All I could think on my way out was that there would probably be one happy guy soon... I should go back and buy some cookies just to help him along!

Jenna Stunned
04-12-2008, 01:32 PM
LOL, ill buy some....

Im gonna start making bets that if i lose i get..... I mean HAVE to wear a dress around for a day.

Shelly Preston
04-12-2008, 01:35 PM
It sounds like she has a plan :devil:

TGMarla
04-12-2008, 01:55 PM
Mmmm.....cookies!

I don't need any, either. But I eat them anyway.

Sure he might want to wear a dress. Who wouldn't? Girls like wearing dresses, why wouldn't a guy? We're people, too!

DemonicDaughter
04-12-2008, 02:23 PM
Yeah but would he wear a Girl Scout dress? :heehee:

Tammy298
04-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Im gonna start making bets that if i lose i get..... I mean HAVE to wear a dress around for a day.

Sounds like a great Idea! I'll have to try that on my wife to try to get her to take a more active roll in my CDing. Maybe something like: "Whoever looses wears stockings & long nightgown to bed tonight, ok dear?"

I know I'll be losing a lot!:D

Deborah Jane
04-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Make the guy happy:D

Amy Hepker
04-12-2008, 04:12 PM
I'll buy some just to help him in a dress.

Rachel Morley
04-12-2008, 04:21 PM
..... should go back and buy some cookies just to help him along!
LOL! ... absolutely! ... let's make it happen! :)

Tracy Hazel Lee
04-12-2008, 04:26 PM
I have heard of this situation many times, and I am always forced to think that if there wasn't a small part of them that actually wanted to wear a dress or get dressed up like a girl, would they have even made the bet to begin with? :battingeyelashes:

Shannen
04-12-2008, 05:44 PM

:laughing: That is quite the thought!

I'll have to go back for more gas soon so I can get more details! I don't even know which guy is the lucky recipient, and I'll have to find out when the deadline is.

The woman who pitched the contest to me really changed her attitude once I mentioned the possibility of his enjoying it. I'm not sure she had thought of that before... hope I didn't ruin it for him. :heehee:

deja true
04-12-2008, 05:49 PM

I might if my sash had lots and lots of merit badges on it!

Fire starting, cooking, swimming, yoga, crafts, S'MORES!

Jane G
04-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Sounds like someone has a good plan. Maybe I'll start selling cookies.

Second thoughs I'm dressed any how so I'll just eat the cookies.

SandyR
04-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Ummm... cookies and a dress......I like it, alot!

Hugs!

SandyR

MarciManseau
04-12-2008, 07:44 PM

I went to a Halloween party once as a pregnant Girl Scout. Had a great time :D

Marci

girlyj
04-12-2008, 08:03 PM
you need to go back there and buy cookies immediately:)

docrobbysherry
04-12-2008, 08:13 PM

I lost my cookies when I read that!

Joy Carter
04-12-2008, 08:24 PM
The same promotion was going on here last fall, at the local gas station. Never did hear if the managers had to wear the dresses or not.

Angie G
04-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Go buy cookies it's for a good cause. :hugs:
Angie

Alana65
04-12-2008, 09:32 PM

I did........in high school. Every freshman class would have a fundraising "slave" auction. Upper-classman would "bid" to "win" a freshman "slave for a day". The Junior female that "won" me, dressed me up in a Girl Scout uniform and had me perform mundane tasks such as carrying her books to her classes. NO "HAZING" RITUALS WERE ALLOWED. It was all done in fun.

I secretly wanted to keep the outfit :daydreaming:.

vivianann
04-12-2008, 10:29 PM
What I would do is go buy the cookies, and then ask the girl what day will he have to wear the dress, then I would show up that day in a dress and say I am doing it so he is not the only one in a dress, every crossdresser in the area should show up that day enfemme, and see where it goes from there.

Nicki B
04-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Today while paying at the cash register of a gas station I was begged by the cashier to buy some cookies. She explained that if the met their goal in sales, a guy would have to wear a dress!!!!!! :eek:

He could always wear the dress anyway... :strugglin

Probably.. :D

Fire starting

I think I've got one of those, somewhere... :doh:

ChanDelle
04-13-2008, 12:17 AM
Hell I'd donate to the "Put the guy in the dress fund!" Maybe we should start a non-profit foundation to promote those activities? Sounds like something for the betterment of mankind to me.

ChanDelle

Princess29
04-13-2008, 03:11 AM
Hell I'd donate to the "Put the guy in the dress fund!" Maybe we should start a non-profit foundation to promote those activities? Sounds like something for the betterment of mankind to me.

ChanDelle

I think I would be willing to contribute a few dollars too, I mean, it would be for a good cause

Stephanie Anne
04-13-2008, 03:21 AM
So a form of humiliation and motivation to sell cookies is to force a "guy" to wear a dress? And we wonder why society at large thinks of us as either freaks or a joke that need medical attention to correct our disorder.

This kind of thing saddens me that we take steps backward like this. No matter what the motive was, this is still a form of humiliation tied with gender discrimination.

"But how is this discrimination, it's all in fun and good will?" you might say. Well think about that the next time you read a story about some kid killing another kid for being "gay" or "looking like a girl".

Yes I know I am being a real downer but we are still so far from acceptance that things like this are not ok and will not be until hate over CD/TV/TG is eliminated. It is no difference than being dressed in black face and parading around like uncle tom for fun.

Shannen
04-13-2008, 06:40 AM
So a form of humiliation and motivation to sell cookies is to force a "guy" to wear a dress?

I'm glad I followed my gut feelings and mentioned to her that it might not be a negative for him. I think how he handles wearing it will also strengthen or weaken the stereotype.

It certainly isn't a perfect world we live in. I'm pretty sure it never will be. All I can say is I feel lucky to have had the experience of wearing my own dress!

Pink Satin
04-13-2008, 06:53 AM
I have to admit that it's a thought that has occurred to me on a number of occasions, it'd be easy to lose the bet, I just don't have the confidence.
I was away working once and bought a silk top "for my wife", the workmate who was with me at the time dared me to put it on then knock on my foreman's door. I couldn't do it because of the fear of being called what I am by my colleagues.

DemonicDaughter
04-13-2008, 09:56 AM
I might if my sash had lots and lots of merit badges on it!...Fire starting, cooking, swimming, yoga, crafts, S'MORES!

It'll be covered all right! Can say if you would have earned them all or just snuck a few off of someone else's while they weren't looking...

I lost my cookies when I read that!

I hope you find them! :D

I did........in high school....

That must have been awesome! Wish to see pictures of that! ;)

So a form of humiliation and motivation to sell cookies is to force a "guy" to wear a dress? ...

See now, by stating such, it would seem more like it should be offensive to the gay community for that's the association with men wearing dresses. That being male and feminine is "gay". Yet should that individual proudly wear that dress and NOT be humiliated in the least would put to cause for those around him that it ISN'T "gay", humiliating or embarrassing.

Not everything like this is a step backwards. Not if we make it what it should be. Just like women had to be jailed for wearing pants numerous times before people stopped complaining. Just like gay couples have to keep fighting the legal system to allow their partners the right to be covered under health insurance. Just like every person on this planet has the ability to make their own personal stand for what they believe in!

You can change the circumstances! You cannot be humiliated if you don't let them convince you what you are doing is wrong. Yes, they can hurt your feelings but to thine self be true and stand behind your convictions.

Don't look to bring down these occasions, seek to raise them up and take advantage of the possibilities!

One man "forced" to dress may not make that much of a difference... unless of course he inspires another with his comfort and strength, who then inspires another and so on and so forth.

alisontv_uk
04-13-2008, 10:22 AM
got to admit this year my friends and myself are doing a charity ball for a TG charity and we are all going in ball gowns and all the atire. its for a good cause in the UK so its well worth it. i did make a bet with my friend abotu what dress i will be wearing and so far its gone quite well. after i sent her photos of a wedding dress with me in it. plans getting bigger and the bets getting bigger too. only me and my other friend whos helping me with the prom gown know what i will be wearing,

Alison
xxx

ColletteCD
04-13-2008, 09:46 PM
Sounds like a great Idea! I'll have to try that on my wife to try to get her to take a more active roll in my CDing. Maybe something like: "Whoever looses wears stockings & long nightgown to bed tonight, ok dear?"

I know I'll be losing a lot!:D

I did something similar to this many years ago, before I had told my wife. We were out of town, and I asked her to put on something sexy. She said she didn't want to, and then said that I should see how uncomfortable it was to wear. I then put the corsolette and stockings on, and slept in them. She told me in the morning to take them off, which was a bummer, but that one night was great.

victoriamwilliams1
04-13-2008, 09:50 PM
:drink:I would buy it and find out what day he will be dressed and dress to see him dressed! (Whew)

trannie T
04-13-2008, 11:10 PM
If I buy two boxes of cookies can I wear the dress?

crusadergirl
04-14-2008, 12:54 AM
It really depends on what kinda cookies they are. I don't just buy cookies so some guy can wear a dress. If he wants ppl to buy cookies he needs to go to the prom in a dress are sing outside.

Sarah Rabbit
04-14-2008, 04:09 AM
. I should go back and buy some cookies just to help him along!Or you could be a real devil. Go back and put some 'new cookies' in the box:devil:

Sarah R. :bunny:

Sandi jo
04-14-2008, 05:30 AM
I really LOVE cookies and of coarse Love my dresses