PDA

View Full Version : New here

Natalie K
04-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Hello everyone,

I have read many of your posts here and I feel so connected, I have been wearing women's lingerie since I was thirteen and I know it is just the way I am wired. I have never talked to other people other than my wife or therapist about any of it but I feel it's time I should. My wife is so so about my doing this anyway and it's caused a lot of problems between us (currently seperated) My therapist dosn't really seem to understand my doing this either as she always seems to change the subject when I talk about it. I feel so stuck in my body sometimes I just want to dress up completly in my lingerie and march down my street and say the hell with everyone but I know this is just a fictional statement. I have OCD and I have always gone overboard with the amounts of lingerie I buy as well.

Natalie

MentalMercury
04-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Welcome!

Definately time to get a different therapist. Glad you are feeling connected... while it may be an aspect of your life that's caused trouble.. it's part of who you are and should be embraced, you'll feel much better, seems you've already started. And then you can join the rest of us who are able to say "I @#$%ing love crossdressing" :)

Natalie K
04-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Thanks... ya I have been thinking about changing my therapist again, I have never found one yet that understands though. I am going to give it a go here and hopefully get the nerve to open up about myself and all that I have been through in my life, it's been hard and it make me want to cry sometimes.

DeeDeeB
04-12-2008, 07:51 PM
I'm with MM on this one. A therapist is to help you. If they don't want to discuss what you want to talk about, then fire them. If you don't feel they are helping, fire them. If they want to "fix" your CDing, well, you get the drift. Just a suggestion, first session ask the therapist's opinon of CDing. You can decide from there if you want another session with him/her.

You will certainly get lots of positive support right here. However, I strongly suggest that if you want to march down the street, you do it in a dress, not your lingerie. You know, laws and such. And please, don't cry, it just makes the mascara run.

Dee :hugs:

Natalie K
04-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Ya I wouldn't really run down the road in my lingerie, anymore that is lol. Thanks for the therapist information everyone, I have been to around 10 therapists for childhood abuse issues and they work with me on this but when I mention the CDing not one of them has ever dealt with it properly. (they look at me like I have 8 heads) I feel like I shouldn't bother with it anymore.

MentalMercury
04-12-2008, 08:51 PM
That really is the therapists fault, last I knew, most of them had at least a master's or PhD., and there's no way you can get that and not have taken a course on gender and all of it's aspects and implications. Check credentials! I have a friend going for something similar and he was telling me his class is just now touching on crossdressing (he knows all about me). So in a sense, we are your brothers and sisters (whichever you decide). We might not know about your personal life but we (collectively) all sure as hell can help with CDing issues, which should never be looked upon as a negative thing, just embarassing if anything. I would venture to say that given the chance, none of us would change that aspect of our personality, it's fun :)

Angie G
04-12-2008, 09:14 PM
I think you need a new Therapist hun. he should address you problems not change the subject. :hugs:
Angie