PDA

View Full Version : A Day At The Salon :D

Tamara Croft
05-04-2005, 10:49 AM
Have you ever been to a Beauty Salon and had any or all of the following treatments?
What was the experience like and would you recommend any of the treatments?
How did it make you feel after you had the treatments done?

1. Eyebrow and/or Eyelash tinting
2. Eyebrow and/or facial waxing
3. Body waxing ie: - legs, arms, underarms, chest, back or bikini area
4. Mini or full facial including massage
5. Manicure: - mini, full, paraffin wax, oil, arm and hand massage
6. Pedicure: - mini, full, paraffin wax, oil, leg and foot massage
7. Make-up: - Full make-over or make-up lessons
8. Body Massage
9. Nail Extensions: - Acrylic, Gel, Fibreglass

Tamara x

Julie York
05-04-2005, 11:03 AM
Erm.....no.

But if you went into business you'd be the one I might just consider being brave enough to see.

Then again.....

Sigrid
05-04-2005, 11:07 AM
While getting my hair cut once at a spa, the stylist suggested that I try the paraffin wax treatment on my hand. I did. I couldn't believe how soft and smooth my hand felt for the rest of the day. It was really quite nice. I'm thinking of putting in a paraffin hot tub. :D

Execpt for the massage, I haven't done any of the others you've listed, but the nights still young! I'm very tempted to get a pedicure soon. I've kept my toenails (poorly) painted for a couple weeks now. I'd get allot of milage out of a good pedicure.

Maybe a full body wax at the end of summer.

~Sigrid

Katie Ashe
05-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Haven't done any, but want to try massage, and or make-up do over, I'm still learning.

Katie

Ariel
05-04-2005, 01:29 PM
M still learning. I haven't yet, but have looked into it. I have sent emails, and gotten responses. Currently have four that I am thinking about. They have what I am looking for, make over/instruction. They will accept cross dressers, but not sure if they have the specific items that we need (beard cover for starters). It isn't cheap, though, and am working on the $$$$$. Where I live, the resources (body shaping clothing, breast forms, etc... ) are not available. Have to rely on internet. Not good for a girl that is unsure bout how to do things. Plenty of shopping for other fem clothing, though. :o

Ariel

Stacie Stockman
05-04-2005, 01:46 PM
Went in for a haircut, for my male mode persona last week. While I was there, I asked my stylist to do my eyebrows. While she was doing them, she quietly asked... "Whats youre name, Sweetie?" I quietly meeked out, Stacie. She then went out to explain that shes been doing hair for the last 20 years and the only guys that ever asked for their eyebrows, have been CD's. She's very cool with it, saying that we tend to tip more than her regular clients. Too bad that her studio doesnt do nails, but next time she offered to wax my legs if I wanted to.

ChristineRenee
05-04-2005, 01:53 PM
All but the very last one that you mentioned Tamara. And I highly recommend them to all of you girls out there. It is a wonderful experience that you will not soon forget and will want to do again and again!;)

Love,
Chrissie:)

DanaJ
05-04-2005, 03:35 PM
LOL Tamara, you should have known I'd reply to this one! :) Answers below in bold:

How did it make you feel after you had the treatments done? Wonderful, relaxed, fulfilled...

1. Eyebrow and/or Eyelash tinting
Nope, I have very dark hair
2. Eyebrow and/or facial waxing
Yes, eyebrow waxing/plucking/shaping about 50 or so times now
3. Body waxing ie: - legs, arms, underarms, chest, back or bikini area
Yes, several times I have had complete body waxing done, including underarms and bikini area
4. Mini or full facial including massage
I get facials about 4 times per year, they are complete facials with steam treatment and extractions
5. Manicure: - mini, full, paraffin wax, oil, arm and hand massage
Yep, many many manicures, and paraffin treatments too
6. Pedicure: - mini, full, paraffin wax, oil, leg and foot massage
Every 2 weeks :)
7. Make-up: - Full make-over or make-up lessons
Makeovers, no lessons
8. Body Massage
I go for 1.5 hour massages every 2 weeks, used to go once per week. Hot stone massages are great too! Probably had over 200 massages in my lifetime
9. Nail Extensions: - Acrylic, Gel, Fibreglass
I have had gel nails on 24/7 since last September, several other times have had full acrylic nail sets (both tips and sculpted) applied

I LOVE going to the salon/spa for treatments, it is so relaxing I couldn't imagine not going...

DanaJ

Tamara x[/QUOTE]

Lady Jayne
05-04-2005, 04:16 PM
Can Gurlz get facial waxing?
I didn't think it was possible , if you can how long does it last?
I'd love that doing, No more shaving!!!!

Tamara Croft
05-05-2005, 09:40 AM
Can Gurlz get facial waxing?
I didn't think it was possible , if you can how long does it last?
I'd love that doing, No more shaving!!!!
I personally haven't waxed a 'male' (sorry) face and I'm pretty sure it would hurt like hell. Mens facial hair is a lot thicker and tougher than female facial hair and I know from experience that facial waxing on females is pretty painful. If anyone here has had their facial hair waxed...... would you put your experience of it here please :D

Tamara x

miss Zaskia
05-05-2005, 11:18 AM
I tried it once and it ended with blood and far too much pain.On top of that it didn't quite do the job.Male beardhair is generally to close together,You tend to rip of the skin with the hair(and I don't suffer from very heavy beardgrowth anyway).Depillatory creams do partly work,but don't get you completely smooth.You still have to shave.

Saskia :cool: :p

Katie Ashe
05-05-2005, 11:55 AM
Beard ripping, no way. It hurts like hell when I have to pull an ingrown hair off my chin :eek: . Waxing the face, I'd rather take a wrench to my eye again. How bad is leg waxing, or should nair be used?

Katie

Mia lynn
05-05-2005, 03:50 PM
It is something that I've thought about quite alot lately. If I can just the right place. I do have so much to learn about picking out just right dress , skirt and putting on my makeup. My goal is for me to go out completely en femme before the year is out. If any of you girls have any suggestions on the best way for me to start please tell me. I think this such a lovely site.
Hugs
Mia lynn

Wendy me
05-05-2005, 10:18 PM
i just bought one of them paraffin thingys and have not played with it yet.....soon....

carolynhcd
05-05-2005, 10:23 PM
Tamara, I haven't done any of these things. I just want to say how happy I am to see that you are still starting threads and being such a valued contributor to this site. You are a diamond. Love ya, gal!

Rachel Morley
05-05-2005, 11:57 PM
Hi Tamara,

Yes, I have done some of the things you mention, and guess what?....I did them all in guy mode. The person who "worked" on me was a friend of mine who had her own salon. She used to say I was her best customer because I spent the most money per month!

1. Eyebrow and/or Eyelash tinting - no
2. Eyebrow and/or facial waxing - no
3. Body waxing ie: - legs, chest, back - yes
4. full facial including massage - yes
5. Manicure: - full - yes (with clear polish)
6. Pedicure: - mini, full, leg and foot massage - no
7. Make-up: - Full make-over or make-up lessons - no
8. Body Massage - yes
9. Nail Extensions: - Acrylic, Gel, Fibreglass - no

Angel

SamanthaCD
05-06-2005, 01:36 AM
I'm lucky to live in Los Angeles where all of this is available without much hassle. I love to go to the nude resorts in Palm Springs as a man but with my finger and toenails painted bright red and adorned with ankle bracelets, toerings, belly button piercing, thumbring and belly chain all on my tan lean bod!!

1. Eyebrow and/or Eyelash tinting - no
2. Eyebrow and/or facial waxing - no
3. Body waxing ie: - legs, chest, back, bikini- yes
4. full facial including massage - yes
5. Manicure: - full - yes (with white polish & bright red)
6. Pedicure: - mini, full, leg and foot massage - yes all (with white polish & bright red)
7. Make-up: - Full make-over or make-up lessons - yes
8. Body Massage - yes
9. Nail Extensions: - Acrylic, Gel, Fibreglass - no