PDA

View Full Version : New job and feeling alone.

courtney44
04-12-2008, 11:08 PM
I just started a new job that puts me out staying at motels for 11 days alone, before I go home for 3 days off. I fly where I go and work. With all the airline checks, I was afraid to try to bring some of my dresses, and undergarments. I guess its more of a "what if" type of thing. I know I shouldnt be afraid of anything as that Im still in a 50/50 closet cd. I would appreciate any input and comments to help me relax twards my awkword time. :o

audrey-lynn
04-13-2008, 06:11 AM
I say go for it. There is nothing wrong with having fem clothing in your baggage. Many of the girls here fly in fem all the time. The airline folks don't care what kind of clothes are in your bags. Beside what better time to get dressed than after your day is over and your in your motel room. Enjoy it.

Amy Hepker
04-13-2008, 06:46 AM
You would not have a problem unless you pack a 45 in your bra, don't forget to take the derringer out of your purse.

kay2
04-13-2008, 06:49 AM
I've had random checks done on my baggage a number of times, both at security and at customs. They just go through it as fast as they can looking for suspect goods. They completely ignore the clothing in my suitcase, whatever it is. There is nothing to fear.

Angie G
04-13-2008, 07:30 AM
Airelines don't care about you softwear. just go for it and enjoy hun. :hugs:
Angie

TxKimberly
04-13-2008, 10:02 AM
My job also has me on the road more often than not - usually at least 3 days a week. I go out pretty much every time I travel and I have never had more fun in my life. It's the perfect opportunity - well away from home so no worries about friends, neighbors, or family. The company is picking up the food and the room - it just can't get any better than that! I traveled for years with out taking my stuff with me until I saw Karen Huttons posts here. I felt like an idiot when I realized I'd been throwing away the ideal chance to have a ball on all of these company trips.
Traveling can be lonely, leaving your family and friends behind, but you CAN make the most out of it by trying to have fun.

Put your stuff in your checked bags. Yes, someone will likely go through it, but it is going to be a long way from you off in a x-ray room somewhere, so no one will know it is yours. IF they figure out it's a guys suitcase (and why would they?) they will likely assume you are carrying your wife or girl friends stuff.
Unless you are VERY courageous, I wouldn't take anything in your carry on. That will be x-rayed with you standing there and they might go through it by hand. That would be done with people standing all around you and while I HAVE been faced with situations like that, I found it intensely uncomfortable and wouldn't recommend risking it.
So! Pack it all in your checked bags and go have a blast.

If your bored, check out my blog where I write about most of my trips:
TxKimblery's Yahoo 360 blog (http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-j0lNmNw6cqs5qGdUZjN4Qi9AflcLLUt3OA--?cq=1)

Sarah V
04-13-2008, 10:31 PM
Before my company moving me up to Alaska (oil biz) this year, I was traveling for the last 5 years 160 -180 days a year for them from my home in S/A Texas. I fully agree and echo what Kimberly is saying. Enjoy the free opprotunities your company is giving you to explore your fem side on their dime! Like she said, the airports are o.k., as long as you pack your gurl things in your checked luggage. I would never put anything in a carry-on.

Enjoy the travel!

Suzy Harrison
04-14-2008, 01:58 AM
Kim is absolutely right. I too go away fairly often (about 6 days a month), sometimes flying and sometimes driving. Flying is no problem at all. They do expect to see female clothes in suitcases, as half the population is female of course ~ so they ignore that. It's all the naughty stuff they are looking for - drugs, guns, bombs etc. So please don't worry.

And as Kim said, just put it all in your 'checked in luggage' ~ but make sure it's a good suitcase. Can you imagine the fun you would have if your case burst open on the carrousel and you had to run around collecting up all your bras and pantees, while all the other passengers looked on !

Marvina Martian
04-14-2008, 02:06 AM
Just think about how much more dressing time you are going to have, staying in hotels 11 nights.... Take advantage of this time. It will be great to practice your makeup skills and even your picture skills!
Go for it gurl!

trannie T
04-14-2008, 02:19 AM
If it were me I would have to remind myself to take along some male clothes. As lame as the TSA agents are they are not going to pull a bra out of your suitcase and ask "Is this yours, sir?"

Princess29
04-14-2008, 02:23 AM
Yeah, go for it. I flew back to Australia from america with wigs, makeup, girl clothes, lingerie, shoes and jewellery in my checked luggage and didnt have any problems

Mollyanne
04-14-2008, 05:38 AM
Please don't worry about the "search" like the other girls have said, put your "stuff" in your checked bag and forget about it. I have flown"underdressed" many times without any incident and I am thinking about flying fully dressed next time. Actually I'm lookin' forward to that very much!!! Just the thought of it is making me a little crazy!!!!!

:love: Mollyanne

Dalece
04-14-2008, 05:51 AM
Never did fly in femme. But when I worked for the railroad always had panties nylons and nighty in my bag for the hotel layover. I say go for it.

"Mary"
04-14-2008, 07:53 AM
I would so go for it!!!

I have never read one single post about anyone having an embarrassing situation with airport folks and the contents of their suitcase.

I defy you you to find one. And having found none, I hope you will then seize this golden opportunity to dress and get out (and then come back and thank us for encouraging you, and tell us all about it and don't forget the pictures :))

Sandi jo
04-14-2008, 08:44 AM
I used to worry about this but after a few flights you see no one cares about your clothing.Pack what ever you want and have a great time

paulaluvssz8
04-14-2008, 08:50 AM
I would love to have that chance again. I have been in hotels alone and found it a wonderful opportunity to dress. Just didn't have enough time to totally transform. So just lying around in bra and panties was so fun. I would definately take along some of my things next time. And not worry about people who you don't know anyway.:battingeyelashes:

Suzy Harrison
04-14-2008, 10:25 AM
I would so go for it!!!

I have never read one single post about anyone having an embarrassing situation with airport folks and the contents of their suitcase.

I defy you you to find one. And having found none, I hope you will then seize this golden opportunity to dress and get out (and then come back and thank us for encouraging you, and tell us all about it and don't forget the pictures :))

Many years ago I was flying from London to the US with my then very young family.
At Heathrow the security guy started to check my hand luggage and took out everything one by one and layed it on the table top for all to see :o

My bag was full of sandwiches, soft drinks, sweets, rolls, biscuits, .....

Then he said to me - "You're British Airways staff aren't you?!" - Grinning away I said "yep".

"I thought so" he said, "Only the staff would know how bad the food is on your flights"!

(but that was the carry on hand luggage so don't worry)

PS: Now I should worry as I'll be flying with all my things and going through CUSTOMS and IMMIGRATION in the UK and US in September. But clothes are just clothes - who really cares?

JoAnnDallas
04-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Put your fem things in your checked bags. TSA don't care what kind of clothing is in the checked bags when they x-ray them. Many times wife and I when we travel will put both out clothing in the same suitcase.

kaitlin
04-14-2008, 11:57 AM
I have to agree with everyone, pack any clothes and makeup you want, no one will ever care. But there is another way if your still not sure....If you are sure of the hotel you'll be staying at before you go, pack everthing in a box and send it UPS or FedEx overnight the day before you leave. It will be at the desk for pick up when you check in. Done this many times, works great! Enjoy!!! Kaitlin

Cristi
04-14-2008, 07:43 PM
I don't check luggage when I fly, so have everything with me at the security check. The only thing I don't bring on trips is my forms... I don't know how they'll show up on the xray or what kind of fuss they'd cause when the TSA tries to figure out what they are made of!

The last time I flew, I was on a business trip with a few co-workers. I thought I was going to be in a bit of trouble when the agent started pawing through my bag as I stood waiting. I thought that at any minute, he'd be pulling out the bra, panties, pantyhose and nightgown I'd packed along with the more conventional clothes. I was lucky though. Though I was able to see a few of those things from where I was standing, he didn't actually pull any of it out of the bag as he looked around. Plus, the people I was travelling with had continued on to the terminal so they wouldn't have been around to see anything anyway.

The only thing I've ever WORN through the checkpoint has been panties. I'm too worried about having to take my socks off to wear PH, and I'm worried about the bra clasp or underwires setting off the metal detector then having to explain what is going on.