PDA

View Full Version : Undulating Urge

Jan W
04-13-2008, 07:56 AM
Do you experience different levels of dressing desire?

I don't mean day to day but perhaps low desire for several months only to have it come back with a vengeance.

I have just gone through a five month lull and believe me Jan is back in my life in a big way.

Had a great night out last night at my TG group here in Melbourne. After five months it was like coming home. A great bunch of girls.

I wonder if the TG urge is cyclic? I just might be having my cycle.

How do your desires pan out?

Jan

Mollyanne
04-13-2008, 08:08 AM
Hi Jan, I don't ever remember NOT dressing except for military service here in the "states" and that was long, long ago(1963-1965). The longest I have ever NOT dressed was perhaps 2 weeks and I was not "a happy camper". If for any reason and I can't think of any I can't fully dress then I ALWAYS
underdress.

:love: Mollyanne

tamarav
04-13-2008, 08:15 AM
I have to agree with Jan. For many years my urge to dress fluctuated up and down, when I couldn't it obviously was higher because I must have felt that I was being deprived of something. In later years as I devised more schemes to allow me time to dress I sometimes spent entire days that I could have dressed working on hobby cars or cleaning house. Very odd.

Now that I dress daily, I really feel the urge when I am not scheduled to work and sometimes dress and do elective things just to stay dressed. However, some days my heart just isn't fully behind it and I can feel it as if I don't really care which outfit I wear or whether the shoes actually go with the outfit.

I think most of the urge to dress is reflective of the other aspects in your life, stressors, and familial impacts. Each one seems to drive me to renew my ruge to dress.

Not sure if that was an answer or a confession.

Tami

unclejoann
04-13-2008, 09:02 AM
I have sometimes gone for years without dressing. But for the past 3-4 years I have been quite devoted and have never owned so many panties and bras and clothes. I sew my own too, and feel no hesitation to browse the shops and buy things. Buying breast forms was a big event for me and I haven't stopped identifying myself as a crossdresser since.

I can work all day without a thought of dressing (except when I hit the men's room and am reminded by the pink panties I am wearing).

Melinda G
04-13-2008, 12:25 PM
I think it is normal for the urge to come and go, rise and fall. Probably due to changes in hormone levels, or even the season.

Nicole Erin
04-13-2008, 12:30 PM
I think it comes and goes.
For me, when I feel like dressing I do, but when I go times where I just don't feel like it, it is not out of shame or anything, I just sometimes get bored with it and don't bother.

It comes and goes in different volumes for everyone. Some never get bored, some get bored, go back, whatever.

Deborah Jane
04-13-2008, 01:29 PM
With me it seems to be seasonal to a degree. I tend to dress most evenings and weekends during the cooler/wetter months.
Between about mid May and September i rarely bother too much, except the occasional evening, probably because it gets too warm to wear wigs makeup and hose!!
I may still wear a satin chemise and panties, in bed but thats all.

tricia_uktv
04-13-2008, 01:37 PM
I agree that the urge fluctuates - but isn't that true if everything in life. I go months without reading and then will read five books in a week! Go months without the theatre and then go to three plays in a week. Guess its just the way we are

Paula G
04-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Different levels of desire for dressing is normal for me. I'm just coming off a low myself, so I can relate with your returning desire. Yes, it is GREAT to be back in my skirts again!

For me, I go through cycles in most of what I do in my life. It's just the way my life works for me.

Eugenie
04-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Do you experience different levels of dressing desire?

I don't mean day to day but perhaps low desire for several months
I am going right now in a phase of very low desire to dress... I still feel "femme" inside but don't have the urge to dress with women clothes and underwear.
[QUOTE]I wonder if the TG urge is cyclic? I just might be having my cycle./QUOTE]
In the past, indeed I have found my x-dressing urge to be cyclic, with low and high needs to dress "en femme".

This time, I don't know... My lower desire to dress seems to be more profound. It may be linked to the fact that I have gone out with friends while dressed ans that dressing alone at home feels less attractive. But even going out doesn't seem as attractive for the moment...

I still keep my body shaved and that leaves me with the feelling of feminity inside...

I hope this is just a low period and that the urge to dress will come back...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Kelsy
04-13-2008, 04:54 PM
For me the urge has been fairly steady. It was the opportunity that undulated and of course there were periods of purging and denial.

Kelsy:battingeyelashes:

Julie York
04-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Lack of sunlight seems to be an element in the cycle, for me anyway.

Also, you have to take into account the degree you dress. If it is a personal sliding scale then that is more of an indicator. Someone who rarely wears the full garb could go for months without wearing anything much at all except a few bits of undies if the urge struck. Or even just use fantasy. But someone who does it full scale a few times a week would notice the difference if they couldn't be bothered for two weeks.

AKAMichelle
04-13-2008, 06:42 PM
I have noticed over the years many ups and downs. Many purges which lead to a whole new wardrobe.

One of the more curious things I notice is that stress plays a great deal with it. When I wear women's clothes the stress seems to level out. If I am going through a lot of stress, I have to wear women's clothes or I totally freak out.

CharleneCD
04-13-2008, 07:12 PM
Iam the same way Jan. The fem underwear and earings are always a constant though.

Suzie S.
04-14-2008, 05:18 AM
I find that for me it is seasonal. I'm an outdoor-type person. When the weather is nice and warm, you can't get me in the house, so I dress less. I also don't think about it quite as much because my mind is occupied. In the winter, while banished into the house because of cold and snow, I dress much more. :2c:

erickka
04-14-2008, 06:57 AM
As warmer weather comes around, duties concerning my work, and taking care of my mini-farm come to the forefront. I also am centrally located , so a lot of friends and family come see us for a day or two from about May thru September, while they are on their vacations. Seems that when I am busy, I really don't have a lot of time to devote to Erickka.:sad:

paulaluvssz8
04-14-2008, 08:54 AM
I think for me it depends on the time of year. I have different times when I am very busy with my job and there is no way to dress. So when I have times at home by myself, I take full advantage. Like now.:heehee: Just underdressed now. Have to go to town. But hopefully when I get back. I can be Paula for a few hours.:daydreaming:

docrobbysherry
04-14-2008, 10:17 AM
I dress ALL THE WAY every time, and I can easily give up CDing, (and even thinking about it), if I'm on vacation. Some of mine have lasted a month.

At home, I think my gaps have been no longer than 2 or 3 weeks for that last 5+ years. But I'm always thinking about it when I'm at home!

Carly D.
04-14-2008, 11:21 AM
I think it happens to everyone of us at some point... I go through stages where I'd rather not dress at all.. and then like I've said something will set me off and away we go again into the deep end...

Suzy Harrison
04-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Hi Janny ~ I've always found I've been pretty consistant ever since I was young, as there never seems any lull for me. The only time I do feel this way is if I've had a long day and I'm really tired, so then I don't feel up to it.

It seems to me that you need to have a whirlwind weekend to really kick start the system again ! :heehee: