PDA

View Full Version : behaving feminine while in drab

pantyhoselover
04-13-2008, 03:11 PM
OK, here's the question. Do you find that some of your feminine behavior manifests itself while in drab. For example, crossing your legs, fiddling with your hair, dangling your shoe, etc. Would someone who doesn't know you x-dress then suspect based on your behavior, even if it's subtle?

Sarah V
04-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Occasionaly. No, or I doubt it.

Ibuki_Warpetal
04-13-2008, 10:53 PM
I feel like a broken racord saying the same thing in a bunch of different threads, but my dressing does not control my behaviour. I have recently started crossing my legs more and in public, too. I used to be pensive about it because I did not want to be viewed as homosexual (because well, I'm not) but now I just don't care. I twiddle my hair and do all that because my femininity is who I am. I don't think anyone who doesn't get it by now would suspect I cross dress to the 9s (as opposed to the 5s or 6s on a daily basis), they probably just think I am gay. (because everyone knows effeminate men can't be straight, am I right?)

Dalece
04-13-2008, 10:57 PM
I do femine things in drab. all the time gestures when I talk the way i talk somthing in my walk. I'm A gurl inside what else.

ReginaS
04-13-2008, 11:07 PM
I have a friend who says I do but no one else seems to notice. She will say "you are such a girl; the way you walk, the way you sit." I think I am just me and I am not so much bound by the socially constructed idea of gender.

Ibuki_Warpetal
04-13-2008, 11:17 PM
I have a friend who says I do but no one else seems to notice. She will say "you are such a girl; the way you walk, the way you sit." I think I am just me and I am not so much bound by the socially constructed idea of gender.

It might be that they don't notice because they do not expect it. When I was little I walked daintily. I guess it's expected for boys walk witha swagger, you know moving their shoulders around. Most of my friends used to tell me I "walk like a robot", and now that I think of it, I was just walking effeminately and they didn't understand that concept at the time.

victoriamwilliams1
04-13-2008, 11:28 PM
It has happend a few times when I used to dress almost everyday several years ago.

CD Susan
04-14-2008, 06:26 PM
I enjoy doing some feminine behavior while in drab but only around strangers. Sometimes the way I am dressed or act draws strange looks from people I don't know and that can be a rush. I wouldn't act that way around friends or family though.

Veronica 1
04-14-2008, 07:44 PM
I have found myself walking fem and other gestures but nobody has said anything yet. I find that it is usually during some mind knumbing task at work that allows me to daydream.

RitaCD
04-14-2008, 08:03 PM
I am sure that I appear femme at times, in fact sometimes I practice my femme walk and voice. If anyone has noticed they have not said anything to me.

Rachel Morley
04-14-2008, 11:04 PM
Do you find that some of your feminine behavior manifests itself while in drab.
Yes ... my feminine behavior does cross over into boy mode .... but only because of two things.

1) I have fairly girly (camp?) gestures in boy mode anyway .. I've been like this all my life. I used to think it was why I was single for over 12 years!

2)Anyone who has practiced their feminine deportment and gestures as much as I have is going to "forget" and do what is natural when en femme, in everyday boy mode :D

Jodie_Lynn
04-14-2008, 11:20 PM
OK, here's the question. Do you find that some of your feminine behavior manifests itself while in drab. For example, crossing your legs, fiddling with your hair, dangling your shoe, etc. Would someone who doesn't know you x-dress then suspect based on your behavior, even if it's subtle?

Yes. I smile more often, say hello to people I don't know, and partake in pleasant little discussions with shop clerks, and my customers. I have also noticed that I use endearments like "hon" and "dear" more often.

And, I have been crossing my legs since I was little. Its a comfortable position for me.

Farrah
04-14-2008, 11:24 PM

I think you should 24/7 because you are just so lovely!!

ReginaS
04-15-2008, 01:21 AM
I think you should 24/7 because you are just so lovely!!

Farrah, you are soooo sweet!

:o

MustangGirl
04-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Yes, several things cross over with me. Crossing my legs, hand gestures, things like that. I always sit when I use the restroom. Several years ago I was at the home of a guy I worked with, we were sitting talking, and his wife walked in the room, he introduced us, and she said, "You didn't tell me he way gay"(thats the nice term for what she said). I looked at him and he said she thinks any man that crosses his legs that way has to be gay. She was very narrow minded. If she knew I was a crossdresser she would have really flipped.

JoAnnDallas
04-15-2008, 12:45 PM
When you consider that

1. I usually sit with on knee on top of the other.
2. I have long acylic nails
3. I usually will rest my hands on the upper knee while sitting.
4. I color my eyebrows
5. Wear flesh colored lipstick

I have been in meetings with clients and every so often notice a GG sitting on the other side of the glass top Conference table looking at me Curiously.

Mitch23
04-15-2008, 01:45 PM
my wife is always reminding me of my girly mannerisms when out in public. Not sure it is because she is tuned into them or whether its how I present myself to others

mitch

TracyH
04-15-2008, 06:32 PM
Here's an interesting tale: I was in an ethics class in college when the teacher split us up into groups: Men on one side of the room and women on the other. He gives us the scenario: A woman is terminally ill, but the only doctor in town who has the medicine that can cure her will only sell if for two thousand dollars, which the husband can't afford. Is it right for the husband to steal the medicine in order to save his wife?"

So we start talking and I pipe up: "Here's one thing to consider: What if the guy gets caught even before getting her the medicine? Who's going to support her while he's in jail?"

After the allotted time, we sit in our original seats and discuss our answers. The teacher then says, "I have to confess that I mislead you a little bit. The purpose of separating you based on gender is to compare the difference of your answers. Men will make ethical decisions based on laws, while women will make theirs based on relationships. A man might say, "He shouldn't do it, it's against the law," but a woman might say, "who would take care of the wife if he were busted for that crime?"

Right then, all the other guys I'd been with suddenly burst out laughing.

Nikki Cox
04-15-2008, 06:36 PM
I have always sat with my legs crossed.

Lisa Rose
04-15-2008, 06:42 PM
"There's a little bit of woman in every gentle man", Paul Harvey.

I've been accused of being gay simply because I cross my legs while sitting. As if there's not enough room for 'it' if you cross your legs.

Society has their head up their a** about sex, sexuality, and feminine/masculine identity.

Lisa Rose
04-15-2008, 06:44 PM
I used to think it was why I was single for over 12 years!:D

Are you saying you got married for the first time at age 13? :eek: