PDA

View Full Version : Androgyny?

Ayame
04-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Does anyone else feel they might have an androgynous look to them. I look at myself as 100% male however I know I have some female characteristics because I've been told from others throughout my life on different things such as my lips, eyes, eyelashes and butt lol However none of them knew I was a cross dresser so they probably didn't even know they were giving me a compliment. Does this happen to anyone else or does anyone else feel they might have an androgynous look as well?

Valistar
04-13-2008, 03:35 PM
I've been told that I have a more feminine look to me in the past, which I've always took to be a compliment. Unfortunately, as I've been getting older my features have slowly been becoming more and more masculine much to my dismay. I was lucky enough to have my fat distributed in the right areas (luckily not my waistline). Personally I would love it if someone couldn't figure out if I was a male or female! I still think I look far too masculine though.

Valerie Nicole
04-13-2008, 03:41 PM
Maybe not so much in appearance, but I'm definitely feminine in some of my behaviours. Just the other day I was commenting to my friend that I'm her "straight gay friend" and she couldn't have agreed more.

Kelsy
04-13-2008, 04:22 PM
I was standing in line for a bus ticket and the man in front of me was talking to the ticket lady about a house he was selling and at the end of the conversation the woman looks at me and then says to the man out of the blue " some don't know if they are a girl or a boy!! I attribute that to my andro look - trimed eyebrows, light makeup and lipstick. It certainly did not offend me!!

Kelsy

jennCD
04-13-2008, 05:00 PM
.. I think I'm more androgynous mentally and not so much in my appearance really....

:)
jenn

MentalMercury
04-13-2008, 06:35 PM
My friends have flat out said "you look like a woman", but they didn't really mean it, just trying to give me a hard time because I always shave my facial hair close, have long hair, etc. I have a pretty androgynous normal look and I love it, and I love to push th envelope with it when I can =)

Rachel Morley
04-14-2008, 01:01 AM
I think I "might" have an androgynous look as I am small in stature, somewhat soft(ish) features and things like long eyelashes etc. However what does happen is that I occasionally confuse people with how I present. I don't know if that's androgyny or not. Things like:

I remember last year my wife Marla and I spent a long weekend in Las Vegas. We were walking down the strip in the Saturday afternoon sunshine, and as we approached a woman handing out fliers, she held out her flier to me, made direct eye contact, and said "How about a show Ladies...umm...Sir....I mean, Ma'am." I was beaming with happiness when this happened.

Another time was at our local supermarket. Marla and I were waiting at the end of a long line at the checkout. Not all of the registers were open. We were just starting to wonder how long we would have to wait when a voice from behind us said “if you two ladies would like to come with me, I can serve you here”. “Come on, that’s us” Marla said. I had been mistaken for a woman, as seen from the back.

What was even weirder to me was that I have very little hair and was wearing a baseball cap yet the checker mistook me for a woman. I can only assume she identified me from the size of my body (which is small), what I was wearing (fairly girly clothes), and my shaved legs and sandals. When we walked over to the checker and she got a good look at me she didn’t say a thing and acted as though nothing had happened.

erickka
04-14-2008, 07:35 AM
When I was in my teens, long hair, thick long lashes, and no dark facial hair, I definately looked more girly. As I got older, I look more like the haggared old redneck farmer type....balding and rough around the edges, if you know what I mean.

yms
04-14-2008, 07:38 AM
An interesting question. The subject of androgyny doesn't seem to come up much.

All I know is, when I am crossdressed, I don't pass as a woman, and when I am not crossdressed I get called "ma'am" at least twice a week. :confused:

MarciManseau
04-14-2008, 08:02 AM
I was always being mistaken for a girl when I was young. I'm short, thin and I've always preferred long hair. When someone called me "miss", I never got upset and I almost never corrected them especially if I was alone.

Hugs, Marci :hugs:

docrobbysherry
04-14-2008, 10:29 AM
I'm either Sherry or Robert. Never Sher-bert!

Mona
04-14-2008, 12:41 PM
I have a smaller stature and used to get told I had nice eyelashes, always figured I was andrgynous.

Nicole Erin
04-14-2008, 02:24 PM
An interesting question. The subject of androgyny doesn't seem to come up much.

All I know is, when I am crossdressed, I don't pass as a woman, and when I am not crossdressed I get called "ma'am" at least twice a week. :confused:

Yeah I tend to have this same situation.
I think I am more androgynous.

CD Susan
04-15-2008, 12:23 AM
I think this is a very interesting topic. To me the androgenous appearence is sexy and attractive. I think when someone looks at you and is not sure if you are male or female that is a big turn on to me. I don't know if I am alone here or not, but I seriously doubt if i am, but to me that question in someones mind means they think of you as being of either gender so that said if you are not 100% passsable as a female then isn't this the next best thing to being that way?