PDA

View Full Version : How would you feel about your daughter dating a c/der?

Deborah Jane
04-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Hiya..After a recent discussion with my daughter [who i came "out" to last year], she asked me how i would feel if she started dating a crossdresser?
So...
How would you feel if your daughter wanted to date or was dating a crossdresser?..
Or if you are dating, what would your reaction be if you discovered your girlfriends father was a crossdresser?
Everyone is welcome to answer this!!

BTW my answer to my daughter was that i couldn,t really object provided he was a decent guy, treated her right and she wanted to be with him!

darla_g
04-14-2008, 04:27 PM
i agree with deborah jane's comment about him being a decent guy.

az_azeel
04-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Thats a good question debs... and like you say as long as he treated her right and looked after her.. plus it could be a good thing to bring a father in law very close to a future son in law.. if both were known to each other as c/ders .. it could well develop into a special bond... :hugs:

MJ
04-14-2008, 04:56 PM
as long as he treated her right and looked after her..sure why not

Maria2004
04-14-2008, 05:07 PM
I wouldn't think anyone who is a crossdresser, would find it objectionable if he were a good person. I don't have any daughters, but 3 grown son's all married, so I turned it around in my head and had one of my daughter in laws as a FtM CD...........nope, still not a problem if my son found a soul mate he was happy with :)

Julie York
04-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Thats a good question debs... and like you say as long as he treated her right and looked after her.. plus it could be a good thing to bring a father in law very close to a future son in law.. if both were known to each other as c/ders .. it could well develop into a special bond... :hugs:

You're going to give me nightmares now.
68 year old CD father-inlaw?

"Oh let's all go clubbing Pops......Nice G-string btw.":eek:

Anyway, in answer to the thread question.

I don't have a daughter, so I can only imagine what it's like as a Father, but as I sort of have a grasp of the subject and understand it, it wouldn't bother me.

Deborah Jane
04-14-2008, 05:19 PM
Thanks for answering...
I think i asked this in the wrong place:doh:
Maybe i should ask the same question somewhere they don,t understand us:heehee:

Julie York
04-14-2008, 05:21 PM
Thanks for answering...
I think i asked this in the wrong place:doh:
Maybe i should ask the same question somewhere they don,t understand us:heehee:

So how did you do in the Reggea Forum "Would you mind if your daughter dated a black guy?"

:heehee:

Tammy298
04-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Well, I have an adult daughter and a much younger one still at home.
I agree that as long as he's a decent guy, I wouldn't have any problem with it. Other than the possible advantage of one day coming out to my daughter with a line like: "Oh he likes dressing in womens clothes? No problem, we can share some tips!" :D
On the serious side, she lived with a real jerk for a couple years who was abusive, almost driving me to go after him with a baseball bat!:Angry3: Anyway, a wrapper does not a man make!

Paula G
04-14-2008, 05:58 PM
As long as the person she was seeing was good to her and she really loved him, it wouldn't bother me at all.

Deborah Jane
04-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the aggreement everyone...
I was just chatting with my daughter about it and according to what she said very few teenagers consider this to be that unusual now!!
Her and most of her friends just see this as just another thing people do, not anything special!!
Nothing to be worried about!!

danielle_from_cal
04-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Aside from thinking "Holy cow! I have a daughter" (since I don't) I would have no problem as long as the guy had all the usual qualities that most fathers want in their daughters' boyfriends: a good job (or good prospects), good attitude, ambition, no criminal record, no drug use, etc. Otherwise, I could not imagine caring (unless my daughter cared).

Jenny J
04-14-2008, 06:12 PM
I agree with Deborah

If he is a decent guy and treats her right, who cares what he wears and when. My own experience with my daughters bf's have been that they've lied, cheated and stole things from her and put her is tight financial straits.

It's what is on the inside and not the outside that matters.

Just so long as he tells me where he gets his cute outfits and shares makeup tips. That's when he'll be OK in my book!

Jen

Tammy298
04-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the aggreement everyone...
I was just chatting with my daughter about it and according to what she said very few teenagers consider this to be that unusual now!!
Her and most of her friends just see this as just another thing people do, not anything special!!
Nothing to be worried about!!

Ah, to be young again!

Natalie K
04-14-2008, 06:48 PM
I wouldn't judge anyone for the type of clothes they wear, ever. A sensible, intelligent person with a big heart is where it's at. I love my daughter and I only want what's best for her that's all. Now if he ever hurt her I would wrap his panties around his neck lol.

Veronica 1
04-14-2008, 07:29 PM
It's what is on the inside and not the outside that matters.

J

Jen

I totally agree. A kind and gentle soul is better than an otherwise desirable person any day.

Jilmac
04-14-2008, 07:35 PM
If either of my daughters, or my granddaughters for that matter,decided to date a cd'er I would tell them that the clothes one wears don't make them who they are, that it's what's on the inside that counts. I would be supportive of anybody who treated my girls with love and respect, and I would tell the girls to go for it. Luv and :hugs: Jill

victoriamwilliams1
04-14-2008, 09:41 PM
Hears the conversation,

(daughter)Dad _____ has a secret he want to tell you! (bf) Were getting married and I want to try on your little black dress.

Rachel Morley
04-14-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm with the others .... if the boyfriend is a nice person that's what matters most. If he was a crossdresser too?... awesome! That would be fantastic! We'd have some great family dinners ... Thanksgiving, Christmas etc :D

LilSissyStevie
04-14-2008, 10:34 PM
As long as he's not one of those frigid crossdressers. I've got three unmarried daughters left and I want more grandchildren!:D

docrobbysherry
04-14-2008, 11:16 PM
What if it turned out he was a CD like me? Brrrr! Horrible thot, that!

KandisTX
04-15-2008, 10:01 AM
I gotta agree with others.. as long as he didn't treat her wrong and all, who cares ;)

Kandis:love::rose2:

jessicapetite
04-20-2008, 12:01 PM
I wouldn't think anyone who is a crossdresser, would find it objectionable if he were a good person. I don't have any daughters, but 3 grown son's all married, so I turned it around in my head and had one of my daughter in laws as a FtM CD...........nope, still not a problem if my son found a soul mate he was happy with :)

I am new what is FtM

mylitta
04-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Well my daughter did for a while and had a great time. Her CD bf was great fun in both girl and guy modes. This was long before I met my present partner, btw so I didn't know that much about it then.

TxKimberly
04-20-2008, 03:39 PM
. . . provided he was a decent guy, treated her right and she wanted to be with him! . . .

Can't add much to that. In the end, what is most important is that she is happy.

Sandra
04-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Same as what most have already said, so long as she was treated ok then I'd have no problems.

I am new what is FtM

FtM is a female to male living as near to a male as possible or they are transitioning.

If you look on the forum you will see they also have a section.

Ayame
04-20-2008, 04:01 PM
Long as my daughter in the future if I have one loves someone and they love her no matter what they are I'm fine with it.

trannie T
04-20-2008, 04:44 PM
If I had a daughter would I want her to marry somebody like me? Hopefully he would be better with makeup.

Nicki B
04-20-2008, 04:53 PM
Apart from the competition, you mean? :D

It would be pretty hypocritical to object to someone's dressing, surely? :strugglin

Amy Hepker
04-20-2008, 04:54 PM
I do have a daughter and it would not bother me one bit.

Deborah Jane
04-20-2008, 04:56 PM
Apart from the competition, you mean? :D

It would be pretty hypocritical to object to someone's dressing, surely? :strugglin

I know...I posted this after too many drinks :drink:last weekend, now it,s come back to haunt me:o:doh:

carolinewalker_2000
04-20-2008, 05:14 PM
It would be absolutely hypocritical to take any form of negative stance!

Amanda Nicole
04-20-2008, 05:44 PM
I don't have a daughter. But if I did, and her boyfriend crossdressed, it wouldn't be an issue at all. As long as he treated her right...

Amanda Nicole
"Mandy"

Deborah Jane
04-20-2008, 05:48 PM
I know...I posted this after too many drinks :drink:last weekend, now it,s come back to haunt me:o:doh:

Valuable lesson learned here...Don,t drink and post....
I ask silly questions with obvious answers:doh:

Genifer Teal
04-21-2008, 06:36 PM
I was once that guy. Someone I dated years ago (when I first came out), has a father who crossdressea. We all belonged to a social group and there was a drag theme party. The boys & girls (men & women) corssdressed. This is how it all came out that we (me & her dad) both like it.

So, I can say that her parents both liked me. I think my dressing was a plus. It mean't I could fit into their strange family. Unfotuantely it didn't work out. Years later she had triplets and got married. (yes in that order) Great girl but that's a lot of kids at once.

My only concern is how well he deals with the CDing. Does he accept it himself? Other than that, usual is he right for her rules would apply.

Gen

~Seana~
04-22-2008, 08:27 AM
Well Apparently it isnt all bad:) this is a good thing for me! ok a little background.
Tobie/Tierganshaw my soon to be wedded mate 's mom is only about 3 years older than I am . That's uncomfortable enough for most relationships except that we actually get along extremely well, she has been extremely accepting of me as a son in law, something I understand hasnt always been the case with her partners ( in fact...ever). Now she's come over unanounced a couple times. About the only visible item on me anytime I'm dressed male is my nails, I have someting of a fetish about doing them up perfectly though I've no idea why this particular aspect is important to me. I've often got them done around the house. She's aware I'm kinked and on several times she has droped in unannounced they've been done up. She's offered to do my nails for me on at least three ot four occasions I know of. If she hasnt figured out that I crossdress, she's not nearly as smart as I give her credit for. Oddly as I said it's a good relationship overall.

chrissietoo
04-26-2008, 02:30 AM
....we all agree on this. I'd just say that most cd's I've met have been kind, gentle and understanding--all qualities I'd want my daughter to have in her partner. :hugs:

SANDRA MICHELLE
04-26-2008, 09:51 AM
I have two daughters and whoever thy dat I only care that they are good to them. My oldest daughter was in a relationship that became abusive and she got out of it alive. He on the other hand got put in the hospital for two months because he mysteriosly got mugged, oh well what goes around comes around I always say.

Julogden
04-26-2008, 10:10 AM
Actually, my daughter's SO is a pre-op MTF TS.

Carol

Kimberleighann
04-26-2008, 11:20 AM
My wife and I have talked about this many time before. She said that if all CD's are as kind, gentle and caring as I am she would prefer our two daughters to find CD's. I am a very sub person by nature and she has allways been very dominate, so we may not be the standard to go by. We have been teaching our daughters from a very early age to be strong and I know that they will find good partners what ever they choose.

But on the same note, would any that find it ok for them to be with a CD, would you also find it ok if they told you they where bi or gay.

I think most of us would be okay with it, because of our mind set.

Kimberleigh Ann

bobi jean
04-26-2008, 11:46 AM
I have never been one to judge anothers lifestyle, however, If I had a daughter and she tells me that she wants to date, or is already dating a crossdresser I THINK I would want to know what kind of crossdrsser.
I mean, I feel that there are as many differant types of crossdressers as there are types of high heeled shoes. some cd for the feeling of the hose and heels, some dress for,,,,,,well ,,,,,, WE ALL DRESS (US CD'S ANY WAY) FOR OUR OWN REASONS AND TO OUR OWN DEGREE. I think that if ,she said her bf dressed just for "self gratification" I would be a little concerned for her. If he dresses up to feel a little more fem at times, I'd be O K with that and for sure I WOULD WANT TO MET THIS GUY. Has anyone said anything about HER age? If she is over 18 (16 really) we really don't have much to say about it any way.
I do not judge books by its cover, why should I judge people that way?

Eugenie
04-26-2008, 05:04 PM
How would you feel if your daughter wanted to date or was dating a crossdresser?

First of all I would be extremely surprised since my daughter is homosexual... But thinking about it it might be something that sort of makes some sense... I don't know if it really does though...

My reaction would be the same as when she told me that she was dating another girl: "That's great, you're no longer going to be alone..." (She is again alone as her girl friend left her :sad:)

I'm not sure she would tell me though, as she know that I am a crossdresser and might want to keep that part of her relation with this person to herself...

:hugs:
Eugenie