PDA

View Full Version : OCD and lingerie

Natalie K
04-14-2008, 07:13 PM
Hey everyone,

I have OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) and it's plagued me my whole life, I have bought hundreds and hundreds possibly thousands of pairs of panties and lately I have shifted gears and bought tons of half slips, I know I will never even wear most of the stuff I buy but I just can't stop buying more and more... My wife has never said anything about my doing this; does anyone else have this issue? I feel like I am out of control sometimes. I even wear a couple of pairs of panties at a time sometimes. Does anyone have any advice? Should it be viewed as a problem?

Natalie

Nicola Medina
04-14-2008, 07:18 PM
You're not alone Natalie! For me, though, it's pantyhose. If I know that a store sells pantyhose or stockings, I have to at least hit that section for a look. More often than not, I leave with at least one pair.

Forget chocolate bars and the National Enquirer -- these are my impulse buy!

Jamie

lauraabdl
04-14-2008, 07:53 PM
By all means if its a store I have to stroll past the lingere dept and the skirts and the shoes. At least most of the time I only look or try on. But there are those days when you just can't help your self girlfriend.
Love Laura:2c:

VtVicky
04-14-2008, 09:25 PM
Crossdressing should be fun. OCD is hardly any fun.

When it begins to feel like you are out of control, it is past time to get some professional help. There are medications on the market now that work very well at helping control OCD. When it is under control, you can return to haveing fun.

Do not procrastinate! I can only guess how much longer your wife can tolerate this quietly.

Good luck

Shannen
04-14-2008, 10:00 PM
I have a need to purchase one of every type of skirt I can find. But I've stopped at buying multiple of the same. Denim in mini, short, knee, calf, long lengths.

Oh, well, then there is the knee length with pocket embroidery, the one with front buttons, the one with the side slits, the one with a back slit, the light denim one, the black denim one...

You know what, womens clothing just DEMANDS variety, and I need to make sure I've explored the styles!!!

Really, if you worry that it is a problem and think you need help, get it! If you can't afford it, there are organizations everywhere that help out.

I actually wondered today how many pairs of shoes I've purchased, and how much $$ it was adding up to. I rarely buy anything full price, and get most of my shoes via the clearance price + buy one get one half off deals at payless... so I would guess about $5 a pair. Probably 30 pairs so far... when will I stop? at 100?

Shannen
04-14-2008, 10:03 PM
another thought:

Get compulsive about ebay SELLER ratings! Sell the slips you don't wear, or the ones you do, whatever.

I've read many posts about the "just have to buy it" feeling, get the "just have to sell this" feeling to balance it out.

CharleneT
04-14-2008, 11:59 PM
Natalie,

If you are not now talking to a therapist, I would consider it. A very good friend of mine suffers from OCD and it expresses as hoarding with her (similar to your situation). In her case, it has gone on for a long time and is out of control. Right now I am working with her to clean up her house and learn to let go of some of the collected things. I know the feeling you probably have when you try to throw out or sell off some of your things. It can be very hard to do that. Please do consider some help, as mentioned above, there are some prescriptions which can help with this. If it does get out of control it can really be a problem in living with others. My friends house has so much stuff in it that there are barely paths from couch to chair etc... no actual open space anywhere. Ever nook and cranny is completely full of stuff. We've been working on getting ride of things now for 9 months and we are making progress. Do not expect it to resolve over night and those around you should also have patience ... letting go can be hard. PM me if you want to talk privately about this issue.

Charlene

JamieTG
04-15-2008, 12:24 AM
I also have OCD but fortunately it doesn't manifest itself with too much buying. However when I am having trouble finding an article of clothing I want, I become obsessed with finding it in the exact style, size, ect. I won't stop until I either find it or have exhausted all possibilities. At times I've called in sick to work so I could spend the day looking.
Jamie

obsessedwithpantyhose
04-15-2008, 02:28 AM
i have OCD and it could xplain why Im OBSESSEDWITHPANTYHOSE :p
i will say that OCD with anxeity,IBS,a certain type of psycosis,and bi-polar depression ALL going undiagnosed for well over 30 yrs has cost me ALOT of pain and suffering in my life,,jobs friends relationships........but i now take this big orange pill every morn and im fine,,(it also keeps me from wanting to rip peoples heads off)........

Julie York
04-15-2008, 11:10 AM
If the pleasure or obsession is in buying them, rather than owning them, then do as Shannen suggests and get on Ebay as a seller. If you just need a clear out you could sell the 'new with tags' stuff at a sensible rate and even 5 at a time as a job lot.....and then you will have some money to buy some more.....guilt free!

Natalie K
04-15-2008, 05:34 PM
Thank you everyone for your wonderful advice, I think I will try selling on eBay and this may make it easier on me and allow for the OCD to work both ways.

Natalie

lisa_e_love
04-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Using EBay to help your buying habits is just a start. Someone very close to me suffered from OCD. Therapy and medication really do wonders. Don't live with it longer than you have to.

Tammy298
04-15-2008, 06:03 PM
For me it's stocking! I'm always looking at them in the store and can't resist buying a couple pairs occasionally just for fun. What's worse, is I'm always buying them on eBay. I must have a couple hundred pair and I know that I'll never get a chance to wear all of them.:sad:

But I still love stocking and I can't resist buy more!:D