PDA

View Full Version : confused at what to do

twistedcody1
04-15-2008, 12:35 AM
i am going to counsling on the twenty fith for my gender issue and i am scared but i dont know what to say or where to start i want to start hormones so bad i can taste it and breasts but my wife doesnt think she can deal with me having them what should i do

Niya W
04-15-2008, 12:38 AM
BE honest. The first time The fist time I went they want to make sure I was not suicidal. Making sure you are sort of well adjusted.

Delila
04-15-2008, 12:40 AM
It sounds like you are ready to start a new life as a woman. If you intend to truly become a woman where would your wife fit in this? You may be the same person that she married on the inside but outside you would be a woman. It seems reasonable to assume that the real question here is whether you should start hormones if your counselor decides that is correct or you decide to remain physically male and keep your wife. If it was me I would weigh whether it is so miserable living in the body of a man that it is worth giving up your wife that you love. I personally have thought this out and if I had the choice of being a woman or keeping my wife I would choose my wife.

twistedcody1
04-15-2008, 12:47 AM
i love her to death but i hate this body with a passion and i dont like the word hate it is so strong

Delila
04-15-2008, 12:51 AM
Well it seems that your mind may already have been made up. Sometimes it is not reasonable to make someone take on a lifestyle that does not suit them. If you truly become a woman then she may even feel that she is experiencing a lesbian relationship which just may not hold any appeal for her.

twistedcody1
04-15-2008, 01:02 AM
that is what bothers me but i dont want to lose my stuff down stairs just add what women have to it

DanaR
04-15-2008, 01:32 AM
that is what bothers me but i dont want to lose my stuff down stairs just add what women have to it

This will be a good conversation to have with your counselor.

Pamela Julie
04-15-2008, 04:20 PM
Don't worry about what to say to the counselor. Just tell her whats on your mind and you will be directed to what is important to you. After just a short while you will have no trouble talking. Tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth for the best experience. Your conversations are private unless you agree to a group session, but you get that here for free. After the first session, you should be able to determine if the counselor is truly qualified to help you with gender issues and not trying to cure you, as many without experience with ts patients often do. I hope all goes well.

Pamela:)

Ruth
04-15-2008, 05:17 PM
i dont want to lose my stuff down stairs just add what women have to it
Think through what you wrote. Is this what a woman would say? Sounds like you are wanting the best of both worlds (which is what we MtF CDers reckon we have).

Julie York
04-15-2008, 05:40 PM

That says more than you might realise.

Your 23 FFS!

Fantasy land.
Get some breasts forms and live out a few fantasies. It's cheaper and reversable.

DonnaT
04-15-2008, 05:51 PM
I know some who were obsessed with having breasts, and got what they wanted, but mostly by way of surgery.

Hormones have little effect, if you do not take anti-androgens. If you do take anti-androgens and feminizing hormones, the downstairs organ could become useless. Is that what you want?

Another question or two, do you want to transition, and live your life as a woman? If not, do you think you can handle living in Texas as a male with breasts? I would think that a good set of forms, maybe glue on forms would be more ideal in that situation.

Those are just some questions you might discuss with a counselor.

TracyH
04-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Think through what you wrote. Is this what a woman would say? Sounds like you are wanting the best of both worlds (which is what we MtF CDers reckon we have).

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with a man having a feminine body.

twistedcody1
04-15-2008, 06:41 PM
thank u for your responses i just don't know which way to go i would like to be full time but i am more worried about my family when my dad caught me when i was seven i remember was him yelling about was i was gay and not his son then he threaten me with adoption for the rest of my life until i moved out at fourteen he even had me commited to a looney bin but i have not been willing to talk about it till now:o

Angie G
04-15-2008, 07:53 PM
This thing is not real easy for your wife ether hun thunk what if she wanted to grow a beard would you like that. you must think of her feeling. think hard on it Cody.:hugs:
Angie

docrobbysherry
04-15-2008, 08:50 PM
tell him/her everything, ( and more), that you've told us. Remember, it's not their job to judge u or instruct u, but to help u find the rite path for yourself!

Been there, done that. I am the better for my therapy, I think.

MJ
04-15-2008, 08:56 PM

you gain boobs at the expence of your manhood not a fair trade if you like girls

twistedcody1
04-15-2008, 09:01 PM
i have told her about everything and i stupidly waited until a year or two after we were together she has been pretty accepting but not telling me exactly how she feels but she even agreed with a comment on her about the lesbian relationship that has alot to do with why am so confused on how to handle this

AKAMichelle
04-15-2008, 11:54 PM
Having thought long and hard about transitioning most of my life, I can tell you this. Think! Changing sexes is not as simple as taking a pill. One thing I heard once which made a lot of sense to me.

Would you still transition to a woman if you would turn out to be an ugly looking woman? If you would rather be an ugly woman than a guy, then the other side is waiting for you. :D

I had to say that I wanted to be beautiful, curvy, funny. Those adjectives just don't describe a M2F transexual all of the time. It takes a lot of money and time to transition completely.

The other big issue is that when you begin transitioning a lot of people won't accept you. Many friends that you thought were your friends won't be there in the end. It is a long process and one which will have heartache and rewards. You and only you can figure out if the cost is worth it to you.

Tell your counselor. They will help you to understand yourself. Go slow so you can make the decision that you need to make. Once you begin transitioning through surgery, it is a one way trip. So make sure that it is the correct train that you get on for the journey.

Good Luck to you!

Billijo49504
04-16-2008, 12:21 AM
After I had thyroid surgery, I let it be known that my boobs were growing. Everyone said boobs were much better than cancer, so I was on my way too understanding. When I'm with the family, I let them puppies stick out. They understand that boobs are better than DEAD!!! So if you can connect your boobs to some medical problem, you're on your way...BJ

ReginaS
04-16-2008, 12:31 AM
Therapy has done me a world of good. I have finally (mostly) let go of the shame of being who I am that mostly came from messages from my republican redneck father starting when I was 4 and discovered the joy of pantyhose. I learned to be ashamed of who I am and to hide.
Since getting really involved in therapy I am now beginning to live the life I really want to and really be me. I don't know about hormones but I have pierced my ears and began laser hair removal on my face. Next will be trach shave (when I can afford it and find a surgeon--is there one anywhere near Seattle?).
I don't know where my journey of self discovery and embracing me will take me but I do know that therapy has helped me let out the wonderful girl I have kept hidden for so long!

twistedcody1
04-16-2008, 12:35 AM
i ralize i want be a prety one but i am battleing with it i want it the only i am worried aabout is my family other that if it means to be alone so be it i am other than my wife the one freind i have already knows and actually lives with me she actually does my nails for me. more worried about losing my wife but tired of suppresing my feelings about my body i have done some research on the srs surgery and from what i have read the hormones over time will end giving u breast if i am wrong tell me please that is why i am asking for help and support and i have got a buch the little time i have been on here and want to thank everyone for there opinion and it has been greatly appreciated and would love to keeping hearing them