PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Fantasy

Deedee_tv
04-15-2008, 09:24 AM
I have had a fantasy for some period of time which may actually come true this year. My fantasy involves just my wife and I on vacation together somewhere very accepting (e.g. Key West) of alternative lifestyles. I take nothing with me but very feminine outfits like colorful tops, cropped pants, feminine slacks, ballet flats, pretty sandals but no dresses or skirts. I would get a French manicure and pedicure and be completely shaved/waxed below the eyebrows. We would spend a week shopping and eating out. When we go to the pool, I would wear a women's suit and coverup with girly sandals. I woud carry a purse all week. My wife woud not have any issues with this scenario.

I would wear light makeup but not try to pass, I would just be a very well maintained male in very feminine clothes.

I guess I have a couple questions, where besides Key West might we take this trip? Has anyone else ever tried a similar "experiment" and what was the reaction?

Deedee

celeste26
04-15-2008, 09:50 AM
Most of the CD conventions have a very similar style and acceptance level. All the vendors and nearby restaurants will be accepting also since they understand the nature of those conventions and they appreciate the extra income they bring in. My favorite area is in the Pacific Northwest, in general it is very accepting.

Jilmac
04-15-2008, 10:11 AM
Being from the Midwest, living in igloos and wearing bearskin six to eight months out of the year. I would welcome a trip like that. However I'm not quite sure how many other warm places a tg girl would be accepted. I have heard that Taos NM is very accepting of gays so I'm thinking that perhaps we girls would blend right in. I for one, would like to find a list of places, cities, tourist traps, entertainment venues, that accept alternative lifestyles as well as mainstream. Luv and :hugs: Jill

JoAnnDallas
04-15-2008, 10:18 AM
I would say Los Vegas would be a good place. Just about anything goes there and people that go there expect to see many different things and people. You would have not problem blending in there. IMHO.

docrobbysherry
04-15-2008, 10:25 AM
If u don't mind a long flite, try Phuket, Thailand. It's inexpensive after u get there. Transgendered r common and accepted there. I don't think the locals will give u a second glance. U can go to the clubs at nite and compare makeup and dressing tips with the CD/TS folks there. Just be sure to bring your wife along, or they'll want to go home with u!

DeeDeeB
04-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Provincetown, Mass is the northeast's equivalent to Key West. It's on the tip of Cape Cod, and has a CD convention every year. Year round is a GBLT vacation site. I haven't been as a CDer, but hope to this year.

Dee :doll:

Melanie R
04-15-2008, 11:29 AM
You could also join our Halloween 4 day cruise October 30 sailing from Miami to Key West and Cozumel. There are many couples on this cruise. You can dress enfemme in a very accepting and supportive enviornment.