PDA

View Full Version : Wow, I did it, what a rush. Now I'm addicted

Jill
04-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Some of you probably remember my post last week about losing my shopping buddy. The desire to shop and get new clothes has been eating me alive and so today I finally did it. I spent about 20 minutes on the freeway to go to a Ross that is out of town.

I got through the first store, mostly by keeping friends and family on the phone through some fairly pointless conversation. I was so excited about the clothes I bought that I went to another Ross down the road. The phone trick someone worked for me, not as well as I had hoped but I walked away with some terrific stuff for good prices.

The whole thing was such a rush, I loved going in and leaving with some clothes that I loved. I feel like I am addicted now and want to go back to it but don't really know where to go or who to get on the phone.

The biggest thing though happened at the first Ross, the girl at the register was absolutely gorgeous and I felt nervous about checking out with her. I tried to act casual and as though I was on my phone, I was totally reluctant to check out but I knew there was no way I was going to drive all that way, fill the shopping cart and chicken out. I was talking to someone on the phone while she was ringing me up. She looked at me and said, "these are going to look really good on you." :eek:

I was completely mortified. But again, it was such a rush and I will never see her again but wow, what an experience.

Staci
04-15-2008, 09:10 PM
Isn't it amazing what they will say to you. I had a sales girl ask tell me that the pink short nighties I was buying were 2 different sizes. I said I know. She giggled a little, smiled, and said "this should look good on you". I almost fainted but just smiled and thanked her.

deja true
04-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Jill!

Instead of never seeing her again, you should go back and search her out.

She's an ally!

If you can show her you're a normal guy, she'll have a better view of all of us.

Come on, honey, help your sisters out!

DanaR
04-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Very cool, I had never thought about using a phone while shopping. I might try that sometime.

Jill
04-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Very cool, I had never thought about using a phone while shopping. I might try that sometime.

You know it worked like a charm the second time. I bought some lingerie and a couple of cute dresses without so much of a single word with the cashier.

danielle_from_cal
04-15-2008, 09:45 PM
Well you had better send us some photos with those clothes on so that we can see if she was right. I hope they do look good on you.

DanaR
04-15-2008, 10:10 PM
You know it worked like a charm the second time. I bought some lingerie and a couple of cute dresses without so much of a single word with the cashier.

Jill,

You are missing out on some of the fun though, talking with the SA. This will add to your social skills. <smile>

Susan.
04-15-2008, 10:19 PM
If I broke the ice with some hot chick :daydreaming: I would definitely go back to that store.

renee k
04-15-2008, 10:54 PM
Jill,

You are missing out on some of the fun though, talking with the SA. This will add to your social skills. <smile>

I agree, if your on the phone while checking out. You might as well do mail order.I'M OLD SCHOOL , But being on a frigging cell phone while taking care of a transaction, is just plain RUDE. So please excuse me, but trying to drive, or multi-task and use a cell phone is just not right. JUST CALL ME OLD FASHION! LOL!!

Just look'em in the eye when your paying for goodies!

Renee

DanaR
04-15-2008, 11:21 PM
If you find it scary walking around the store trying to shop, talking on the phone would be a good distraction.

Shannen
04-15-2008, 11:27 PM
Well of course you are addicted! And we are so happy for you! :D

Sallee
04-15-2008, 11:30 PM
I assume you were out and shopping enfemme

chrissie138
04-15-2008, 11:37 PM
One time when I knew I was going to have some free time I stopped off at the store and bought an eyelash curler, some mascara and lipstick. It was early in the morning, around 7:30 am and the check-out girl kinda giggled and said 'I guess we know what you look like at night'. I just said a "yeah, right" and laughed. Another time, when buying a bra, the check-out girl, who was probably around 20, said, 'I hope it fits'.

Do you think they were just joking around or did they think the items were for me (which they were)? I was dressed in drab both times.

AKAMichelle
04-15-2008, 11:40 PM
I like to do some of my shopping in stores out of town. Those people don't know who you are. Unless you are some guy on TV all of the time, just walk in and shop. So what they think you are a nut. They will help you buy whatever you want. That's there job.

Very seldom will you meet someone who is rude to you.

I had a very similar thing happen to me one time. I was buying a pair of red boots with high heels at Payless. The women said that the boots didn't seem like my color. She caught me off guard because I had never had someone say anything to me before. I was in guy mode so I was a little stunned. Even more so since I had a full beard at the time. I gladly paid her and left without saying a word. I have since gotten over my fear and just don't worry about it.

One thing that I have thought about is the fact that buying female stuff in guy mode with a wedding ring on leaves the clerks to wonder if it is for your wife. At least that my thoughts. :2c:

Billijo49504
04-15-2008, 11:52 PM
Just go in and shop. They don't care and unless you tell them who you are, they won't know you. So go in to the stores, and shop. What are they going to do, cut off your fingers for touching the lingerie? After You get passed that stage, you will realize how silly it is.
The other day, the wife was looking for some new mascara and I said I'll take one too. She asked if I wanted brown or black. And was there any other items I needed? I told her I was looking for some new ideas for eye makeup. So she did my eyes, as my wife watched. and yes I was dressed in guy mode. They don't care, they just want make a sale. And she did make a big sale...Bj

Kimmie
04-16-2008, 12:07 AM
I have fun shopping for womens stuff en drab. Last time I had some fun getting some accessories. Telling the attendant that I needed to buy some jewelry for my girlfriend. Most women love getting jewelry from their boyfriend. So I acted completely confident. The attendant was very helpful. Also regarding clip ons, I mentioned that "she" had a metal allergy. Eventually I playfully said " I am strangely having some fun here." The attendant just laughed and was very helpful. I accused her of being on commission. It was a great experience.

Billijo49504
04-16-2008, 12:34 AM
Why not be honest, she really didn't care...BJ

Jill
04-16-2008, 01:08 AM
I assume you were out and shopping enfemme

You assume incorrectly, I'm afraid. But looking back on it I see that she totally read me and I'm sure it was my fault. I was nervous, and I was obviously trying to hard to be on my phone. I gave her a zip code that was far from that particular store so she knew I had driven some distance to get there. I bought a lot of things, all of it was rather large, big enough to fit a man.

I just had a little brief dress up session where I tried on all my new stuff and man I hit a home run. I loooove my new clothes, they are so soft and I man it felt so good. Sometimes I really love being a crossdresser.

Mollyanne
04-16-2008, 02:20 AM
One time when I knew I was going to have some free time I stopped off at the store and bought an eyelash curler, some mascara and lipstick. It was early in the morning, around 7:30 am and the check-out girl kinda giggled and said 'I guess we know what you look like at night'. I just said a "yeah, right" and laughed. Another time, when buying a bra, the check-out girl, who was probably around 20, said, 'I hope it fits'.

Do you think they were just joking around or did they think the items were for me (which they were)? I was dressed in drab both times.

Actually she was feeling you out!!!!! This sought of thing happened to me awhile ago when I bought pantyhose, the sa said that the shade was just right for my skin color and I said that it was and looked her in the eye and smiled. BTW, she was right!!!

:love: Mollyanne

tamarav
04-16-2008, 03:32 AM
These sales clerks know exactly what is going on, they weren't born yesterday, well, not most of them anyway.

My sister was an assistant manager for Ross and it was a topic of discussion about how much guys or guys en femme buy for themselves. Ross employees are not on commission but the sales totals do help the store win stuff.

One of my clients was the manager of a Fredericks of Hollywood. She loved to see us come in the store and they are on commission. she told me she had numerous sales in the $700 range just because she helped out the en femme buyer with sizing and brought other items for consideration.

I work as a hair stylist and makeup artist and i still get guys that call and give me a lame excuse like "I am going to a party dressed as a girl and I need someone to do my makeup" .

Sheesh, just walk in and tell me what you want! Take a closer look and I am one of you people!

Your sis,

Tami

paulaluvssz8
04-16-2008, 08:52 AM
I know what you mean. It is such a rush to go in drab and buy my femm clothes. And when you are faced with a SA who is friendly and complements your selection it always helps.

I have never had but one problem while shopping and it was at a Payless and the SA was a guy who thought it was just so funny that I was buying those flats. But he just didn't know how good they looked on me...:D

Most of the time the SA's are very helpful. And they know what you are doing there buying femm clothing.

A friend who works at Wal-Mart in the shoe dept tells me about men who come in and ask for womens shoes in 12 and 13 all the time. She doesn't know that I dress, so we just laugh and I think "if she only knew":):o

JoAnnDallas
04-16-2008, 09:28 AM
All of the SA's I have enteracted with have always treated me with respect, be it male or female. In fact on my last visit to Payless, the Female SA that rang me up, told that if I showed my receipt to the SA on my next visit, it was worth $5 off my next purchage.

SANDRA MICHELLE
04-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Half the fun of shopping for fem clothes is trying them on at the store, try it I gaurantee you will like it. I do it all the time, just don't like to buy it and have to bring it back for a better fitting size.

Barbara Joanne74
04-17-2008, 03:15 PM
I love shopping at Ross and Payless. I only had one bad experance at Ross. It was the first day it was open, so I dont think they had been exposed to girls like me yet. I did call back and talk to the manager later and she apoligized and I have been back many times enfem and drab without any problems.

My fav SA is at a Payless. She is such a sweathart, any time I come in she greats me, gives me a hug, and then ushers me back to my sizes and shows me what she has...she knows I have a thing for boots. I called the corp. # and gave them the great feedback of how I was treated by the SA and her manager. It has been worth it to them. I am sure I have spent a couple hundred $ there in the last few months....

Barb

jex111
04-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Great that you enjoyed the trip and your confidence has grown. Its a hard hurdle to get over but once you can act confidently and openly few sales people worry at all. Their job is to make a sale amd most are vey pleasant.
Jan

Tammy298
04-17-2008, 05:02 PM
I've never really gone to the store shopping for myself like that. I used to go shopping for my ex al the time and other than a a strange look I got on a couple occasions, no one ever said anything other than something like "Your wife will like this". We were about the same size so they really shouldn't have known who they were for.
Thinking back now, I feel a little disapointed that they didn't suspect I was buying for myself. Maybe I didn't look at all nervous or maybe it usually near Christmas.
I guess I'll have to go shopping for myself, if for no other reason than to try to get a comment!
Anyway, I've had a fantasy for quite awhile that a cute SA assumes I buting for myself and helps me find the right sizes and has me "model" so of the things for her!:D

CD Susan
04-17-2008, 09:35 PM
I have been buying womens clothes for so many years that it does not bother me in the least anymore. I can remember when it did though. One little trick is to wear a wedding ring and the sa will assume it is for your wife. If you act with confidence and look comfortable no one will say anything negetive to you. That has been my experience with shopping while in drab, now if I could just get the courage to do it en femme I would be thrilled. I think the day will come when I will. It would help to be with another cd in a town where no one knows me.

donnadawn
04-18-2008, 10:48 PM
I've shopped quite a bit in male mode ( actually in femme but not obvious ) but never had the luck of a SA say anything to me other than 'thank you'. I really hope that some time one the ladies would say something about it fitting me or something to imply that she recognizes me as a CDer. I would love to come out to some one that is not critical. Who knows? They might even turn in to a friend or a shopping buddy.

Farrah
04-19-2008, 02:13 AM
I say just shop. I talked with my gg friend, a SA at catherines today. She told me just come in and if i see what I like, try it on and buy. She said who cares what people think, this is who you are. I agreed with her. She is such a great friend and "ally", not to mention SA.