PDA

View Full Version : caught

nicoletta_cd
04-16-2008, 01:03 AM
i have finally decided to keep my pix from my last makeover in boston (great time). i really want to get feedback but i am scared to put them out there. they are on my myspace profile but this seems scarier.

question is this - has anyone ever been outed as a result of a pic on this site or any other???

nikki:daydreaming:

Ibuki_Warpetal
04-16-2008, 01:35 AM
Unless everyone you know is scouring transgender forums for pics of you there is no threat at all here.
If they do catch you, you have to wonder what they are doing here.

DawnRodgers
04-16-2008, 01:38 AM
I think this is one of the safest site for pics because, indeed, if your looking here, you're likely interested in what we can offer and you're not innacent.

Princess29
04-16-2008, 02:02 AM
the only people who have seen my pics on here have known that I was here and didnt have any problems. As the others have said, if someone recognises you on here, they arent just looking on here for the hell of it

LisaSae
04-16-2008, 02:31 AM
Nikki, sweetheart, I just recently updated my avatar with me en femme which is the first time I've ever done so. Unless my SO, her brother, or my friends are googling CD forums then I think I'm fine. If they are going out of their way to look for CD friendly forums, then I suppose I'm also fine too then :battingeyelashes:

Lisa

deja true
04-16-2008, 05:57 AM
And Nicoletta.....

You have to be a member here to access the photo gallery!

Every perv and whackjob in the world has access to myspace...

You're safer here.

MJ
04-16-2008, 06:15 AM
this is the safest place to post your pictures. face-book is not safe unless you are totally out ... Evan then you still have to deal with the weirdo's

Eileen
04-16-2008, 12:57 PM
This seems to be a pretty safe place to post a picture. Few if any who see and recognize you here are going to out you. For them to do so, they will then have to explain what they were doing here. Having met a few girls, I can say many would never be reconized even if a friend or relative did see their picture.

Eileen

DanaR
04-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Unless you could post an 8x10" picture with amazing detail, anything posted could be almost anyone. If someone saw my picture and said they saw me on the net, I'd ask where and then tell them that it did have a resemblance, but wasn't me.

Bootsiegalore
04-16-2008, 01:37 PM
I do not thin any one will find out unless you post your full name, address, place of work and phone numbers next to your pics.....

Tara

Kieron Andrew
04-16-2008, 01:45 PM
i have finally decided to keep my pix from my last makeover in boston (great time). i really want to get feedback but i am scared to put them out there. they are on my myspace profile but this seems scarier.

question is this - has anyone ever been outed as a result of a pic on this site or any other???

nikki:daydreaming:you are more likely to get caught on Myspace, than a trans forum, why in the world would someone you know be looking at trans forums unless they have a secret themselves

Sam-antha
04-16-2008, 02:25 PM
........ why in the world would someone you know be looking at trans forums.......

Well there are several reasons, all unknown to me ...lol... but one thing is sure, they are not looking for a familiar face.
~Samm

CD Susan
04-16-2008, 02:46 PM
I agree with everything that has been said already. I don't think anyone could accidently stumble upon this site. If they are here it is because they are like minded or at the least approving of this lifestyle. If someone is looking in the picture forum then they must be a member and what does that tell you?

Genifer Teal
04-16-2008, 03:32 PM
I think it would be equivalent to meeting a friend in a gay bar. You could each ask what are you doing here? It doesn't seem like there's a need to worry if you are found here.

Gen

kimmy p
04-16-2008, 06:42 PM
This is the only place I have ever posted a picture, and I "was" pretty secure in it. Recently though we had a new member who joined and wasn't one of us. He just likes CD's. Sorry but this makes me a tad nervous.
Just because I'm paranoid does not mean that they aren't all out to get me.:D

nicoletta_cd
04-17-2008, 12:40 AM
done deal, i'm convinced! check for pix in the other thread.

here i come:eek:

got it figured out!!!! took two threads and five posts, but they are finally there.

Lara Smith
04-17-2008, 01:50 AM
Regardless of where your pics are posted, someone would have to be a forensic detective to see your male self beneath your girl self. Most of us could show our girl pictures to our best friends and they wouldn't have a clue.

On the down side, any competent hacker can trace you back to your computer and who you really are. Why would they do this? Most wouldn't ever invest the time unless they wanted to blackmail you and that is a serious crime and you can just as easily find out who they are.

Yes, anyone can see you on Myspace or Facebook or here for that matter. So what. What are they doing here or there searching for gender gifted people? The rest of the people are just clueless. Don't worry about it.

JoAnnDallas
04-17-2008, 08:33 AM
I have done Google searchs on TG issues and have had posting here show up in the Google search.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
04-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Try Googling your name, you will probably find hits to crossdressers.com. For example google my name Kimberly51, you will obtain hits. So to be safe never give you screen name out to other people. Search engines are very good at searching and indexing the web.:battingeyelashes:

angelfire
04-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Luckily, my user name is fairly common, and the name of a web host, so I don't think I'd have much trouble. If someone puts in angelfire & crossdressers, then a post of mine comes up as the second link on google. Otherwise, not likely, everything seems to be http://www.angelfire.com/whatever

So I'd think I'm safe, but I am still waiting on a security check, so I don't want to take any chances. Think I'm just being paranoid?

Jacqui
04-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Looking at your avatar, I would never recognize you.
Wait! Is that you? My God! It is! What are you doing on this site?

Your pal from work,
Jacqui :devil:

Amy Hepker
04-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Not that I know of as most straaight people do not come here to find friends in dresses.

victoriamwilliams1
04-22-2008, 08:19 AM
Considering that in most cases we do not look the same, also I had a photo of me pop up when my boss was testing his photo printer and he to this date does not know who she is. Now to surfing the web, I am on myspace and yahoo and I use a different city same state.

Plus if they are here they are either a TG or a tranny chaser.