PDA

View Full Version : Being Around Other TG's

Deedee_tv
04-16-2008, 08:19 AM
In a post yesterday, I talked about being on vacation with my wife and dressing femme. One of the replies was about TG conventions and how easy it is to fit in there. It made me think that I am 42 years old and I have never been in the presence of another TG. I know there are a ton of support groups and meetings availiable however, I have never felt comfortable reaching out to others like me. Am I the only one?

I know many people find comfort in being open and sharing similar experiences however, I am just the opposite. I do not mind sharing experiences in this type of setting (the Internet) but I do not think I could get dressed up and go to a meeting with others like me. I have no idea why, either.

Any ideas or similar feelings.

Deedee

mishelle379
04-16-2008, 08:37 AM
I know how u feel, but trust me, the first time u do u will love it, like being in the girls club lol

MarciManseau
04-16-2008, 09:04 AM
We don't go to group meetings, but we do meet a lot of T girls when we go out clubbing. The best dressed girls there are usually the ones with special features :)

Hugs, Marci :hugs:

JoAnnDallas
04-16-2008, 09:31 AM
The first time I ever meet another TG was when I attended HEF2006. I was surprised how relaxed I felt while I was there. In fact I was not nervious around any of the other Hotel guest or staff. I guess it was because everyone knew what the event was. Fuuny thing was there was a Teachers Seminar going on at the same time. Some of the women teachers did stop by and chat with us.

Katrina
04-16-2008, 04:59 PM
The first and only time I've been around a bunch of other TGs was when I went to a local CDers meeting. Unfortunately, due to me having a hectic schedule and them having membership issues, that group was disbanded shortly after I attended a meeting. I haven't made it to the local Tri-Ess meeting.

AmberTG
04-16-2008, 06:04 PM
It was uncomfortable at first, it was a bit weird. But now, I look forward to meeting others like myself. I think it was weird for me to meet others like me because I thought I was weird to start with. It's interesting how a little self acceptance can go a long way toward accepting others.

TxKimberly
04-16-2008, 06:11 PM
I think early on there was a wonder about meeting others:
"Wow, there are other people like me - I'm NOT alone in the worlds!"

These days I don't feel a particular "need" to seek others out, but despite that, I seem to have fallen into almost a hobby of meeting others. I travel all over the Eastern Half of the US and have started sort of going out of my way to meet others in the places I travel to. So far, I figure I've met a couple of dozen from this forum and from Yaho 360 and MySpace. Those are the ones I have set out to intentionaly meet. Besides those, I have met litteraly hundreds at assorted clubs and events.

vikki2020
04-16-2008, 06:45 PM
I had my first experience of meeting other girls last month, first at a shop that caters to us, then at a get together at a friendly club.I was nervous before hand,and didn't really know what to expect.But, after a few minutes, I felt so comfortable,so natural!It really was a feeling that I've never had before.Can't wait for the next time!

trannie T
04-16-2008, 09:10 PM
Deedee, do whatever you like. We are all individuals and one size does not fit each one of us. I have been to meetings of several groups and have enjoyed each one. It is a great way for me to get out.

Kimmie
04-16-2008, 09:40 PM
I went to a club initially, not really knowing anybody. For me, it was a complete leap of faith based on a calculated risk. I was scared Sh--less. Accepting your feminine side and manifesting it into physical form takes balls. :) I was glad that I did it.

Personally I am more confident as a man for allowing Kimmie to manifest herself. Hence more manly. I am happier. Conversely, By acting and trying to think like a woman, I appreciate visual beauty more, and there are other things that this new world I look forward to exploring to a certain extent at my own pace.

BTW this isn't a cult looking to separate members from their families. If you hear about a TG convention in Guyana. Exercise extreme caution.

Niya W
04-16-2008, 09:48 PM
I guess I'm different. I'm around other TG's at least once a week if not more. I'm more out going as Niya and when I'm around other trannies. but I guess thats just me

Deedee_tv
04-16-2008, 09:59 PM
Maybe the question is not whether it is right, it is obviously right for some. The question is what is stopping me, what am i afraid of? Honestly, it would not be a fear that i would not be accepted, it would be more of a fear of seeing others like me and not feeling comfortable with my "peers". Does that make sense?

Maybe I should just go for it and see what happens.

Sarah Doepner
04-16-2008, 11:48 PM
My first meetings with other TG folks were in situations where I wasn't en femme and neither were some of them. I met with some Tri-ess members for dinner with our wives before I was invited to their meeting. On another occasion I joined other CDs in Las Vegas where dressing en femme was optional. I finally did and have only been to one other gathering not dressed as Sarah. It was very nice not to feel the pressure and very nice to be accepted. I think if you look around you may find some of the same kinds of chances to meet with and get to know others before you commit to going out in public in your favorite outfit. Look around and take your time, there is no clock you have to beat.