PDA

View Full Version : Out At Work Finally/and Update

bobi jean
04-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Well everyone, I finally came out to everyone here at work.
It is amazing how people of so many differant ages and backgrounds can react the same way to a situation. I mean three of the girls (GG's) and one GM reacted with the exact words. Two of them said I have better looking legs than they do (not true) and one said she knows women that would kill for legs like mine (hope not). They were each shown some of the pictures, and we talked about crossdressing for a while, so now everyone at work knows I crossdress and what I look like, but noone has actually seen me dressed,64352

64353 not until this afternoon when my relief arrives anyway...None of them were told at the same time, but I still got nearly the exact same words from everyone except the BOSS. His reaction was the best tho........... (QUOTE) HELL, I've known that for over three years, was wondering when you were gonna ask if you could dress here! Then without me saying anything he gave his blessing as long as I am, 1. careful not to let the neighbor lady know it is me. Doesn't care if she sees me or not, just don't let her know it is me. (real bad eye sight) I'd have to be within about 5 feet for her to recognize who it is, IN DRAB.
2. I don't take the lady out with me while I am totally dressed.
3. none of the other girls (the GG's) have a problem with it. Ans God love them they all said GO FOR IT!!!!!! Even have two of them interested in helping with make-up. I can/t believe I am finally going to wear make-up after all these years... (i mean decent make-up). Getting way to long so just let me ask this,
HOW LUCKY CAN A GIRL (MTF CD) BE??????

Pretty darn lucky!!! The phone rang just as I submitted this the first time.
It was the 26 year old GG asking if I still get off at noon on Tuesdays and if so, would I be interested in a shopping trip with her. She said we could go get our nails done (on her) at her shop. and then head to the malls around San Diego for awhile. OH MY GOD!!! IF I WEREN'T 58 YEARS OLD......... But I already have plans to babysit my grand-daughters (every Tuesday afternoon). dog gone it anyway!!!
She said we'd do it another time and that she found it fasinating finding out I am a crossdresser and that we are definately gonna talk.

Michelle-NC
04-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Way to go! That's great news Bobi Jean!

Barbra_in_Tulsa
04-16-2008, 12:57 PM
Wow, very very cool. What line of work are you in? I might need to think about a career change....

I'm very jealous.....

DanaR
04-16-2008, 12:59 PM
Congratulations! That is very cool.

CD Susan
04-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Bobi Jean I think that is just great! You are very fortunate indeed and I envy you so very much. The feelings you are experiencing must be just so incredible. I can only imagine how good you must feel. Oh how I wish that my life could be as wonderful as yours must be now.

Shelly Preston
04-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Hi Bobi Jean

It's great to hear everything went well at work :)

I guess you will be the topic of discussions for a while

paulaluvssz8
04-16-2008, 02:40 PM
That is great. I am happy for you. Go for it.

SherriePall
04-16-2008, 02:45 PM
You're probably still floating on cloud 9. It must be a wonderful feeling to have gotten such good reactions. BTW, whatever gave your boss the idea (for the past three years) that you were a CD'er?

melissacd
04-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Wow that is excellent, I am wondering if part of my journey will get me to that stage too. I am getting closer and closer everyday.

You are the girl! :)

bobi jean
04-16-2008, 03:08 PM
You're probably still floating on cloud 9. It must be a wonderful feeling to have gotten such good reactions. BTW, whatever gave your boss the idea (for the past three years) that you were a CD'er?

I have to say that I am not sure.
He has known my oldest son for several years, maybe he was told that I crossdress. I have only known him for 1 1/2 to 2 years and I know he has never seem me dressed so off the top, my son has a big mouth (thank you son,I love you).

Thank you all for your congrats. It does truely mean a lot to me.
IF ANY OF YOU THINK YOU WANT TO COME OUT TO ANYONE, I CAN NOW RECOMMEND IT.
YOU HAVE NO CLUE HOW GOOD IT FEELS UNTIL ABOUT AND HOUR LATER. JUST ABSOLUTELY MARVELOUS. now i know what AWSOME means.

thanks everyone

Genifer Teal
04-16-2008, 03:29 PM
There are plenty of nice accepting people in this world. You just have to find them. Congrats!

Gen

bobi jean
04-16-2008, 03:34 PM
There are plenty of nice accepting people in this world. You just have to find them. Congrats!

GenI have always believed that most people would be accepting, or non-caring, but the response I got here, was not totally unexpected, but none the less 100 +10000000000000000000000000/-0% :thumbsup:

karynspanties
04-16-2008, 03:40 PM
I am green with envy. Good for you.

MarciManseau
04-16-2008, 03:54 PM
You look great! I bet you get promoted.

Hugs, Marci

NZ_Dawn
04-16-2008, 04:49 PM
Great stuff, you go girl. Must be a great feeling to be accepted this way by your supportive work colleagues. :)

TxKimberly
04-16-2008, 06:17 PM
Awesome! How could it get much gooder than that?

Jilmac
04-16-2008, 07:03 PM
If I would have come out to my co workers, I would have ended up as part of the building foundation. Luv and :hugs: Jill

trannie T
04-16-2008, 07:10 PM
As much as I advocate honesty with others I'm only out to a few people. I admire your honesty and courage and am happy about the acceptance of you co-workers. IMHO you do have some nice legs.

Tammy298
04-16-2008, 07:16 PM
Congratulations, it sounds like you might be one of the luckiest CD here!

Wish I had the nerve to tell others about my interest in womens clothes. Of course that's other than my wife who is the most important one to know about it....

obsessedwithpantyhose
04-16-2008, 07:19 PM
i have lost track over the years at how many GGs said they would kill for legs like mine :D

way to go on your happy coming out,,
LOL @ the boss knowin for yrs and waitin for you to say something :D

Deborah Jane
04-16-2008, 07:25 PM
I envy you being accepted by your work colleagues...It must be a great feeling and you are so brave coming out like that!!
:yrtw:

Angie G
04-16-2008, 08:11 PM
Great news Bobi you are sooooo lucky hun. :hugs:
Angie

KateSpade83
04-16-2008, 08:17 PM
Every time they found out at work - my job didn't last. Lots of guy talk at work now and cding wouldn't fly. Your very lucky! But there is a TG at my workplace!

Shannen
04-16-2008, 09:12 PM
That is great news! I just can't imagine having that kind of freedom!

bobi jean
04-17-2008, 09:34 AM
Thank you all so very much! It has only been a couple days now and the level of stress has nearly diminished completely. the girls are wonderful about things, even talked to one this morning about having her mother (a pro) do my make-up. And that was her Idea! She asked me if, I would be ok with her, asking her mother if she would do it! And last night when I called the weekend care-provider to she if she could come in early Friday, SHE ASKED ME, to come in early Monday morning so she could do my eyebrows cause she noticed they are "kind of bushy", as she put it.
As of right now I do not know how to describe the feelings, but I assure you all that it is, almost as wonderful a feeling as you could imagine.

Amy Hepker
04-17-2008, 09:37 AM
You lucky girl you.

Chari
04-17-2008, 10:06 AM
Bobi, Your "outing" is fantastic news and your work place accepting who you are is even better!! When is your first day going to work dressed up? Will you be dressing full time or just surprise everyone once in awhile? Does your work have a female dress code? Which bathroom will you use or does that depend on how you are dressed? You have become "one of the girls"! It would be so great if ALL the world would accept everyone for whatever way they chose to dress.

Enjoy life, Chari

Claire3
04-17-2008, 12:01 PM
Good for you,you lucky girl.I should be so lucky!ps.Love Kylie.XXX

Patty
04-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Lucky girl :hugs:

bobi jean
04-22-2008, 04:07 PM
I can not believe it has been a week already. You could not believe just how accepting everyone is. I do have a wonderful job and even better people to work with. Absolutely "0" negetivity,Was actually told by two that they were disappointed i wasnt dressed when they got there.
Monday morning I am going in dressed and then on tuesday I will be dressed when another one gets there to relieve me. They know I will not have make-up on but they say it's ok, they just want to see me. They have talked to each other and with the boss, everyone is really cool with it according to the boss. He actually went to the house this weekend just to talk with each of the girls to be sure none of them had a problem of any kind with it. I will find out thursday just what each one said indivivually, to him. Thats when we get together to plan the following weeks schedule and other things. He has already told me that not one of them was even the least bit negitive or seemed to be concerned about any of it. Just in case any of you are wondering, the age groups I am talking about would be; 2 girls between 24 and 28, 1 girl 32'ish, 1 girl about (a guess) 38-40 and the boss, well he is slightly older than myself, I;m 58. the rest of his family knows, none care how I dress at the house and they range between 51 and 61.
HOW COOL IS THAT.

Haven't had time to respond to everyone on here so THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH... and if any of you decide to come out to others I hope your experience is at least 10% as good as mine. If it is you will have NO PROBLEMS what so ever, and the stress level will decrease like you can't believe. Even my wife noticed a differance this weekend and she doesn't have clue that I came out at work. She does know that I dress at work but would have a fit if she knew about me coming out.

Girly Sara
04-22-2008, 05:14 PM
Hi Bobi Jean!

Wanted to add my congratulations on your coming out at work, hun. Good for you and i can personally vouch for how you must be feeling right now...totally elated! :) I had the same positive feedback from my work colleagues too.

All the best, sweetie!

Sara xxxx