PDA

View Full Version : My Florida ID card

joann07
04-16-2008, 10:36 PM
In another post, someone had mentioned about getting a state ID card.
I got one earlier this month and it looks exactly like my driver ID along with the same information (i.e. license ID #, DOB, address, etc.) The only thing that's different is the femme picture of me and the red background where it says Florida The Sunshine State on it. On my driver ID, the background is green.

I didn't have any issues when I went to the driver's license office.
I went in femme and when the clerk asked what I needed, I just said that I need a Florida ID.
She asked for my SS# and so I gave her my Social Security ID card. I brought my passport just in case she needed additional ID, but there was nothing else she asked for. After she looked up my info, she took my picture, then, I paid the $3 fee, and in a few minutes I got my new ID.
A piece of cake. :thumbsup:

I've already used it at a club I went to and recently when I made a purchase with my credit card. Nobody questioned my male information when they looked at it. It works great. :)
I'm definitely using it when I fly to Chicago for Be-All, next month.
I can't wait. :GD:

Hugs!

Hugs!

danielle_from_cal
04-16-2008, 10:39 PM
Wow, that pretty cool. And the photo actually looks good. Often those types of photos look awful no matter what you really look like. You are one pretty lady.

uknowhoo
04-16-2008, 11:20 PM
Way to go, Joann! I'm glad it was such a simple process, and went smoothly. Now you're good to go! And a decent pic too! Thanx for posting. ;) xoxo T

Angie G
04-17-2008, 04:35 AM
Cool ou go girl. :hugs:
Angie

Katrina
04-17-2008, 05:13 AM
That's awesome! Unfortunately, in order to be an official government document, the picture has to be horrible. Your picture looks great, so it must be a phony. Please destroy this card and try again. ;)

JoAnnDallas
04-17-2008, 08:48 AM
Here in Texas you can also get a State ID card. My mother had one, since she never learned to drive, thus never had a drivers license.

CD Susan
04-17-2008, 03:08 PM
That is way cool Joann. I agree, you are a fine looking lady and the pic is terrific.

Dayna
04-18-2008, 10:05 PM
Another step for JoAnn--say, how many things have you checked off your 2008 to-do list, anyway?! It's only April! :D

Robertacd
04-19-2008, 01:58 AM
That has to be the best ID photo I have ever seen.

Suzy Harrison
04-19-2008, 02:58 AM
A great picture ~ a great ID ~ and a great IDea !

I'm going to write you out a new "to do list" by the way, as you must have run out of things to accomplish.
The difficult thing will be making them hard enough for you !

Can't wait to meet you in September

:hugs: Suzy

Joanna-Louise
04-19-2008, 04:39 AM
:cheer:wtg girl :D

may you have many adventuyres and good times with it hunni...

btw pic looks fantastic too

Jo
x

Dayna
04-19-2008, 08:46 AM
Regarding JoAnn's photo:

Have you ever seen a BAD picture of JoAnn? Should you be surprised that even her government-issued ID photo looks good?

Defense rests.

Nicole Erin
04-19-2008, 09:40 AM
That's awesome! Unfortunately, in order to be an official government document, the picture has to be horrible. Your picture looks great, so it must be a phony. Please destroy this card and try again. ;)

Joann, it is true that your photo looks great and it is good that you enjoyed yourself [quite a difficult task at the DMV]

Unfortunately, KAt is right, in order to be an official GOVT document, the photo must look horrible, just like my DL photo. My DL looks worse than a prison photo.

Joann enjoyed herself at the DMV, for this, I am jealous... the DMV sucks.

Raquel June
04-19-2008, 10:50 AM
In Ohio you can't get a state ID if you already have a driver's liense. I thought it was like that everywhere.

http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/driver_license/id_card.htm

In Ohio, you can not hold an Ohio driver license and Identification Card at the same time.

Lucky b.... ;)

Oh ... but wait a minute...

I have a speeding ticket I haven't paid yet. If I don't pay it in 2 weeks my license will be suspended. Then I can get an ID card. Then I can reinstate my license. Of course it'll cost me $100 more for the ticket and $20 for the reinstatement. And if I get pulled over on my way to get the state ID I'll be going to jail en femme, which might not be too fun.

victoriamwilliams1
04-19-2008, 11:17 PM
Thats a nice picture which is odd for a state ID photo.

Seville
04-23-2008, 01:27 AM
Lucky You to be able to go to BE-ALL!!!

I live nearby and my totally accepting wife
won't let me go. No specific reason.

Lucky you!!!