PDA

View Full Version : Nail Salons, You can Just Be a Girl

Jamie001
04-17-2008, 01:12 AM
Girls,

Today I went to the local nail salon for my normal bi-weekly manicure and pedicure appointment. I am completely dresses as a male with the exception of my women's thong sandals and I am always wearing nail polish on my toes from my previous pedicure appointment several weeks prior. I absolutely love going to the nail salon because it is a time where I there are no expectations and all that I have to go is just be a girl and enjoy the wonderful experience. The nail salon that I frequent has about 16 nail stations in a rather small area and therefore most of the nail clients are sitting next to each other. I like this because to me the lack of privacy really enhances the experiences. I always get a manicure with a either clear or a very light pink polish on my fingernails. On the other hand, I practically live in open toe sandals and my toenails are always a very bright red creme similar to the shade that Marilyn Monroe always wore on her toenails. I enjoy the lack of privacy at this salon because I get to talk with the other women in the salon as they are also getting their nails done. I have made friends with three of the nail techs and some of the customers at the salon. The owner of the salon and I are always comparing our pedicures and she always suggests different shades of red polish for my toes. My favorite part of the pedicure is when the nail tech inserts the toe separators and then applies a base coat followed by two coats of Hootchie Mama Red Nail Polish. Due to the lack of privacy, there is no hiding the fact that I am getting my toenails painted red like a girl and everyone in the salon is quite aware of the fact. I especially enjoy it if there are male clients in the salon getting standard boring male pedicures. One time I was fortunate enough to sit next to one of those stereotypical males and he was trying very hard not to watch as my nail tech applied red polish to my toenails. After getting my toenails painted, I also love sitting on the sofa and chatting with the other women clients that are also drying their nails while I am admiring my painted toes. I have had some wonderful discussions with some of the nail clients regarding everything from toenail color to vacation spots. There have been several occasions that I have chatted with other nail clients for 30 minutes or more after our nails were dried. After the wonderful experience if over and my nails are dried, I slip-on my open toe sandals and go about my normal business while showing-off my sassy red pedicure that I am so very proud of.

Girls, if you haven't tried a nail salon it is such a wonderful feminine experience. It is a place where you can just be a girl and completely relax and be at peace with yourself.

:love: Jamie

JoAnnDallas
04-17-2008, 08:30 AM
I go once a month for a pedicure/toe nail polish/manicure/acrylic fill/eyebrow waxed. In the summer I go wearing a fem t-shirt/shorts/sandels with no socks. I too enjoy myself as I am worked on. I have had some great conversations with other customers too. Every once in a while I get a wide eye look or raised eyebrow from another customer, but I just smile at her and that's it. I have never had anyone make any negitive comment either from the staff or other customers. I too are good friends with two/three of the techs. I have my favorite and she would be disapointed in me if I scheduled with a different tech and she was there. In fact i broke a acrylic nail and went in after work to see if I could get it fixed. Tina was with a customer and when I walked in she excused herself, came over and asked what I needed. I showed her and she asked if I could wait a few minutes. I said Yes and when she got a chance she fixed my nail for free.
Everyso often I will have a GG ask if I am Gay and I will tell them NO, I am TG. I get the feeling they translate that into TS, because all of a sudden it's like I'm just the girl next door. LOL

Jocelyn Quivers
04-17-2008, 08:39 AM
Going on to a nail salon and getting my nails done, is on the list of things to do. I just need to evolve to the point where I'm no longer afraid, and don't care.

DonnaT
04-17-2008, 12:47 PM
I've been in once, a gift from my wife. I only had clear polish applied though.

I prefer to do my own anyway, that way I don't worry about the cost of the service, should I decide to change colors.

zann
04-17-2008, 01:50 PM
It is as much / more fun to go enfem.

Megan (VA)
04-17-2008, 11:33 PM
I regularly get a mani and pedi at a local salon, once a week usually but at least every other week, and always go presenting as woman. It has always been a pleasant experience. I love those massage chairs!

Paulette
04-17-2008, 11:49 PM
I agree as I sit here with my french manicure on my toes with a flower on each big toe. I enjoy the treatment and quite frankly I think the women of the world have conpired to prevnt men from enjoying a massage chair pedicure and nice maicure. It is just like was said a special girl time.

Patty
04-17-2008, 11:52 PM
Had mine done after work today. Go every 3 weeks. Pedicure with polish and had the nails filled and gel applied(love the shine).
Go to a small local shop 5 or 6 girls there-all sisters. :battingeyelashes:

Jamie001
04-18-2008, 12:37 AM
I have never been asked if I was gay. Several women have complimented my on my toenail polish and wish their husbands would give it a try.

I go once a month for a pedicure/toe nail polish/manicure/acrylic fill/eyebrow waxed. In the summer I go wearing a fem t-shirt/shorts/sandels with no socks. I too enjoy myself as I am worked on. I have had some great conversations with other customers too. Every once in a while I get a wide eye look or raised eyebrow from another customer, but I just smile at her and that's it. I have never had anyone make any negitive comment either from the staff or other customers. I too are good friends with two/three of the techs. I have my favorite and she would be disapointed in me if I scheduled with a different tech and she was there. In fact i broke a acrylic nail and went in after work to see if I could get it fixed. Tina was with a customer and when I walked in she excused herself, came over and asked what I needed. I showed her and she asked if I could wait a few minutes. I said Yes and when she got a chance she fixed my nail for free.
Everyso often I will have a GG ask if I am Gay and I will tell them NO, I am TG. I get the feeling they translate that into TS, because all of a sudden it's like I'm just the girl next door. LOL

KayR
04-18-2008, 03:27 AM
Here in the UK there's a trend for SE Asian (Vietnamese?) people to set up nail salons. My daughter and her friends have been. They are all open plan, and have a "production line" style; one girl will say, do the filing and shaping before you move onto the girl doing the base coat before moving on....
I'd love to have a go, but they are too open and exposed. Also, the attendants seem very taciturn and surly, according to my daughter so I would expect them not to serve me.
Some of the designs and extensions are absolutely beautiful.

Angie G
04-18-2008, 04:24 AM
Jamie you go girl. :hugs:
Angie

tamarav
04-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Most of our local nail salons are also Vietnamese owned but with my rusty Vietnamese I can still carry on a good conversation with my nail tech. She gave me these acrylic french tip toenails last year and she later polished them red. Open toe shoes only for these!
If you haven't been to a nail shop, go. They really love all customers, they spend money there! The owner of the shop I go to told me to tell all of you to come to her shop.

Your sis,

Tami

PrettyToesLisa
05-23-2008, 03:16 PM
I also love going to the salon as my boy self with fem sandals. And I adore hot reds and neon pink

JoAnnDallas
05-24-2008, 09:45 PM
My Tri-Ess chapter is having their annual Banquet/Prom meeting in two weeks. I am planning on getting a nail salon appointment for the late afternoon so I can have my tech thin my eyebrows a little more than normal and polish my nails the same bright Red as my toes. I usually have my nails polished in a light Pink because of work, but this upcoming meeting is a special, so Bright Red this next time. I will have to take off the Red and put back the Light Pink that Sunday but for a few hours I will have nice Red nails.
Most of the customers treat me like any other GG customer. Last time I was in, I managed to messup a couple of nails after they had been polished. I then went up to my tech who was starting to work on her next customer and asked if she could fix them. Her customer said, "OH, Don't you just hate it when you mess up a nail like that". I answered, "I know what you mean". She then says, "I love that color you got on your toes, Dear", I said, "Thank you". Just a normal GG conversation. LOL

cdjenny20
05-25-2008, 02:03 AM
I think getting my nails done in a spa is one of the best experiences I've had as a CD. I've gotten to know two of the nail techs at the place I go to and they are both wonderful. I also agree with Jamie - I like the lack of privacy and not being able to hide the fact that I have nail polish on my finger and toe nails. Since you are sitting there and have no way to hide, it's actually given me a chance to educate people about crossdressers. I've gotten lots of customers staring at me, but never had any negative comments. I also make sure I tip the nail tech well.

Sinthia
05-25-2008, 11:11 AM
I have never been asked if I was gay. Several women have complimented my on my toenail polish and wish their husbands would give it a try.

I have had a women, at the salon, mention that she wished that her husband would get his nails done at least once. I suggested that she give him a gift certificate for the salon, and she thought it was a great idea, as he would not waste the money and not get his nails done.

Amy Hepker
05-25-2008, 11:24 AM
As long as you pay you can stay.