PDA

View Full Version : Not alone

the femm side of me
04-17-2008, 05:06 PM
For a few years now my wife and I have been dealing with and learning about crossdressing. Mood swings ups and downs guilt a you name it. Last week we were talking and I mentioned I wonder how many other couples are dealing with the same issues. During that discussion it was mentioned how nice it would be to find another couple that is going through the same issues. How do you meet others. To be total honest I am still struggling with admitting my desires to myself. I am still trying the find a cure. I am glad to know I am not alone. I sure wish I could not like it so much. We are in Michigan…

jessielee
04-17-2008, 05:40 PM
sweetie,
welcome to our family! and please don't wish you didn't feel this way (for my humble sake)! this heavenly, self accepting, celebrating way to feel! especially since you have the blessed support of your spouse, i don't see the need for any "cure." maybe they're all the ones deranged, out of touch with their perhaps better half. the way i feel.
you are in the right place. meet us here, talk to us, share your concerns, your hopes, your experiences and we can all grow closer and stronger. and have fun, too.
as we get to kno wyou, i bet you'll find others not too mfar from you or ways to travel to get to gethers hat can open up such a whole new aspect to life!
i live in the sticks, with no one like me anywhere around here. so, here is my family. and, with time and bravery, i can travel too.
someday...
hope to get to know you and to welcome you more and more,
sis,
warmly,
jessie
former Michigoose

jill s
04-17-2008, 05:46 PM
If you have an MCC (Metropolitan Community Church) near you they usually have a list of all the transgendered, crossdressing, and gay groups in the area. Or do a web search.

O2B Barbara
04-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Isn't it so nice to find out that you are not alone? Takes a lot of preassure off from trying to be "normal". My wife an dI have gone through a lot of the things you mentioned and are both quite comfortable with the situation. We are in Wisconsin, not real close but feel free to drop a pm if you would like.

Melanie R
04-17-2008, 06:18 PM
Contact one of the Tri-Ess chapters in Michigan - www.tri-ess.org. My wife and I have met some wonderful couples who are members of the local chapters. They would be a great resource for you.

Melanie

Bethany38
04-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Welcome,
to our little group. no need to fell alone everyone here can help you to accept your alter self. I only joined recently but I am sooooo happy to have foun this group to talk to. The fact that you have an acceptin so is a great help, however the people here are very knowledgeable in what is going on. To repeat some advise given to myself browse over the old posts and you will find an veritible font of info and questions w/some answers.
As far as meeting others I have yet to meet anyone face to face, but everyone here is wonderful and meeting these wonderful ladies has changed my life. I have'nt even had any private conversations w/anyone yet. But for the time I have been involved here Bethany has grown quite a bit.

Bethany

RylieCD
04-17-2008, 07:15 PM
I understand. My wife doesnt understand/agree with my dressing or fem feelings but knows what I am going through is part of me and will never go away. We are now stuck in that phase on where this all is going to lead. where do I land on the TS Spectrum and where would that put our relationship. Good luck with your wife and it sounds like you are open with her, which I am find out is best.

Angie G
04-17-2008, 07:33 PM
I can't see why you would wish for a cure for something so beautiful as cross dressing for me it's some of my best moments and as my wife is OK with it all the better. :hugs:
Angie

scherylnmke
04-17-2008, 09:42 PM
Please tell us you don't feel as though crossdressing is an 'illness'? I'm quite sure the majority of us early on felt that, only to realize we are not alone and are not 'sick'. And as for a 'cure'? IMHO I don't think(or hope!) that there is a cure for what is not wrong. I consider my self VERY lucky, and blessed, to have an open relationship with an extremely open minded and understanding wife. I do applaud you and yours for looking for like minded couples to help and share in you differences.

renee k
04-17-2008, 11:31 PM
As others have mentioned there's lots of support out there. Especially here in MI. There's a Tri Ess group in Lansing. In the Detroit area, there's Crossroads. And I know from personal experiences there are couples in the west side of the state. I'm single, but feel free to PM me if you want someone to talk to. I was married awhile back and crossdressing was an issue in our marriage. I can give my insights on crossdressing and marriage if your interested.

Huggs, Renee