PDA

View Full Version : where to go ?

steff9271
04-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Hi girls. as you can see im new to the site, ive been dressing since i was about 8 years old when i first tried on one of my mothers skirts. it was a green knee length flared skirt. im 37 now so you can tell it was a life changing experience. great memory or what ? lol. i now have a great collection of clothes, boots and accessories but my question to you girls is.... what do i do next ? the closest i get to going out in public is to ride round with my wife in her car. shes great, very supportive. i just want to take her out for a drink while im dressed but to be honest i am scared to death that someone will see im a cd and put me down in front of my beautul wife and that would really upset her. how do you know when you are ready???

TxKimberly
04-18-2008, 04:28 PM
When you can't stand the thought of NOT going out. :-)
Steff, there are lots of places that are safe. Most "Gay" clubs are safe and most cities have clubs that are frequented by a number of us on Friday and Saturdays.

If you will let me know the general area you live in, I MIGHT have a clue. (I travel a LOT!)
Also, any decent restaurant will treat you well. In this case "decent" means moderately expensive - something a touch nicer than your average Denny's or Bobs Big Boy :-)

Sharon
04-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Most places will treat you respectfully as long as the establishment itself is respectful to begin with. Just go in as if you are totally at ease -- even if you are experiencing rioting butterflies on the inside -- and just do what you normally do in a nice bar or restuarant. Do this once or twice and those butterflies will calm down. :)

LindaMarie
04-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Also, any decent restaurant will treat you well. In this case "decent" means moderately expensive - something a touch nicer than your average Denny's or Bobs Big Boy :-)

So, going to an above average Denny's would probably work? :sorry:

CD Susan
04-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Steff, first of all I would to say that you are fortunate to have an understanding wife, a lot of us here wish we did. If you live in a larger city there should be places where you both can go and feel comfortable about it. Do some homework and you will find what you are looking for. Any member here will be glad to help you if they can.

deja true
04-18-2008, 07:05 PM
"...how do you know when you are ready???"

You'll know, honey, you'll know!

The stars will align. or...

Your wife will say "Let's go out, honey!" or...

Your heart will be bursting to step out that door. or...

You won't be able to think of anything else. and...

It'll happen when it happens...

Raquel June
04-18-2008, 07:20 PM
If your wife doesn't mind, just forget about everyone else. There are a lot of CDs who go out and their wives are totally unsupportive.

If you're having trouble being comfortable with going out, you need to find a TG girl's night out event to go to. There aren't many places that are more than 2 hours away from some kind of monthly meeting at a club. If you know there'll be 10+ other CDs there, you won't stress about it too much. If you're still stressed, you should go to a TG event in drab. Then you'll say to yourself, "Wow, I'm a lot more femme than half these girls, and they have the guts to hang out in a public extablishment in a skirt," so then you'll HAVE to go out.

You should tell us around where you live, though, and you'd get better suggestions. Wanting to go out in rural Arkansas is different than wanting to go out in New York.

steff9271
04-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Thanks for all your advice girls, going to a tg group is a great idea. im not in the states though i am near Birmingham in England so i dont think many of you can help me with locations. since reading all your advice i have decided that i am going to go to a gay bar first and see how the wife and i feel about being out in public then if all goes well we will soon be going to a resurant for a bite to eat. i will let you know how it goes. thanks again., :love::love:

Nicole Erin
04-19-2008, 05:28 PM
So, going to an above average Denny's would probably work? :sorry:

The food at Denny's is good but some [not all] of the people who eat there - RIFF RAFF!

More expensive establishments are probably safer cause you just won't find a lot of low lifes like I see every time I go to the $5 chinese buffet.

leanne60
05-07-2008, 06:23 PM
i feel the same way.my wife is also very supportave.

slamddoger
05-07-2008, 07:03 PM
you might went to go to gay club to star whith

Seville
05-07-2008, 07:14 PM
you might went to go to gay club to star whith

HMmmm...other threads have advised NOT to go to gay clubs...
just stick to Tri-Ess and other T-Girl venues. I wonder what the
general concensus is?

Cheryl Anne
05-07-2008, 07:33 PM
The food at Denny's is good but some [not all] of the people who eat there - RIFF RAFF!

More expensive establishments are probably safer cause you just won't find a lot of low lifes like I see every time I go to the $5 chinese buffet.

They have some nice people at IHOP. But I hear the food has gone down hill. ;)