PDA

View Full Version : Girl mode vs Boy mode

vanessatevesti
04-19-2008, 02:21 AM
When I'm in boy mode (most of the time for me) I'm just another guy, I like to watch football (both NFL and soccer), hang out with friends and have some beers, play rough with my kids, etc, not femenine at all...BUT when I dress I'm sweet and very femenine, it just comes natural; it's like I'm another person.
My question is how many of you are like this and how many of you are femenine even when not dressed?

Farrah
04-19-2008, 02:38 AM
Same here. Its like i have a split personality. You're cute by the way.

Dalece
04-19-2008, 03:35 AM
When dressed all femine, Not dressed I'm a male but still have some femine tendiciies.I like Football, Baseball. When out dressed I'm one of the girls.

Pandora
04-19-2008, 03:39 AM
When in guy mode I can usually be a more ornery. Probably just frustrated at not being dressed.

And i agree with Farrah. You are a cutie! :hugs:

JackieS
04-19-2008, 07:30 AM
In male mode, I like guy things, like sports, wood working, etc. But I still have my femme moments. When I look at women, I see their clothes first. When I walk by a store display window, I check out the outfits. There is a lot of Jackie, that is always there, regardless of how testosterone filled the activity is.

On the other hand, in femme mode, pretty much all of Gord is suppressed. I am more emotional, introspective and gentle.

There is one thing, though, that is reversed. I am more outgoing in femme mode then I am in male mode. I think this is due to my being more true to myself in femme mode than male mode, so I am more confident.

Eva Marie
04-19-2008, 11:55 AM
I suspect the effect is mostly universal, as already described here.

Ayame
04-19-2008, 12:05 PM
Hmm for me I'm still a guy. Dressing won't stop me from cursing, blasting music, burping and being me. However I do have some feminine characteristics while dressed and not dressed but they more or so revolve around me doing things like straighting my hair, taking 2 hours to get ready, and using words like cute(all those things I don't really look at as feminine however its not often, you hear a guy admitting he straightens his hair or using words cute). However I do not feel the urge to adapt more things when dressing. I am who I am. :D

Deborah Jane
04-19-2008, 12:10 PM
When i,m in guy mode i build my cars, drive fast, act leary and i,m just generally one of the lads!!
In girl mode i love clothes and makeup, i,m sensitive and feminine and just like being a girl!!
My daughter who has seen both sides of me says split personality is the understatement!!

Claire3
04-19-2008, 12:28 PM
Definately a split personality.Enjoy my football!as opposed to soccer and a pint down the local.Claire is feminine,feeling and sensual.By the way,Farrah was right,you are cute!Love.Claire.XXX

Dena
04-19-2008, 03:56 PM
I'm the same 'ol me either way!

silkenhose
04-19-2008, 04:06 PM
when dressed i become very submissive......... just the way my wife likes it..........:daydreaming:

Eugenie
04-19-2008, 04:18 PM
This seems to be fairly common feeling among crossdressers... "When I am in Drab mode, I am as much a man as any other one, but as soon as I dress as a woman, then I feel and act differently, that is like a woman."

However, several of us do feel "female" all the time, whether they are dressed as men or dressed as women. It is inside us. I've never really felt like acting like other boys. Very often, I had to sort of force myself to behave "manly", that is according to some sterotypes of men and women...

Recognizing that, is not placing a hierarchy in the domain of crossdressing. It is more a qualitative observation than an attemp at a classification of crossdressers with regard to "how much" they are feeling "femme"...

Sometimes I envy those who can have that separate way of living their lives and enjoy both sides of their personalities...

:hugs:
Eugenie

TSchapes
04-19-2008, 04:29 PM
I never used to let my feminine side show while male, but I'm slowing changing into a kinder, gentler, more androgynous person. It's subtle, but it is happening and I'm happy about that. One of the "side benefits" of dressing.

Love, Tracy

Jilmac
04-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Vanessa, you are totally feminine in girl mode, and I'm totally jealous of you:tongueout. I am a total guy in boy mode, and I wish I could be much more girly when I'm dressed. Unfortunately I can only work with the face God gave me. But getting back to your original question, when in guy mode I love watching the Packers and the Brewers with the guys, having a few beers, and talking shop or ogling girls. When in girl mode, I'm the one who wants to be ogled. I love to enjoy a girls night out and sometimes just hanging with my tg girlfriends. Luv and:hugs: Jill

Rachel Morley
04-19-2008, 06:02 PM
Hi Vanessa,

I'm not like you at all. I've been pretty non manly (feminine?) all my life in guy mode. I've never been interested in football, hanging out with guys (I've always preferred the company of girls, even as a child), and I hate playing rough ... even with kids. When I was younger I might try to blend in and falsely laugh at macho guys' jokes etc and I have in the past (mostly because of peer pressure) done things like, bungee jumping and go paintballing etc but I gotta be honest, I'm not a manly man. I've been told by others that people have considered me a bit of a wimp and rather girly (demeanor and mannerisms etc) for a guy. Luckily for me, where I work, this comes over as "part of being English" to my culturally uneducated co-workers :heehee:

jill s
04-19-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm with Tracy. As I get older I find it creeping into my life more all the time. Kinda scary sometimes when I do or say something not "manly" and only realize it later.

pamisme
04-19-2008, 07:00 PM
When pam comes out of the closet she is all girl. In boy mod
all male. But have noticed that pam is started to open the door
a little bit.
Pam:D

jessielee
04-19-2008, 07:34 PM
dear Vanessa,
i'm with Tracy. tis emergence is liberating me to be so much more feminine than i thought could be possible! for, sadly, have been called meannamesall my life for being naturally gentleand soft. tried all those years to subdue it, to overpower it with masculinity, succesfullly.
but now,
when dressed, i am so much more soft spoken and feel absolutely free to be as grily and airy as i wish. while realizing that real GGs come in all manner of temperments and styles, no intent at sexism here.
and when not dressed? so much more confident and free with my softer human side, not necesarilly "female" per se, but what is perceived so often that way.
i am a beautiful butterfly emerging from a calloused chrysallis of sterieoptypical maledom.
but you, my dear,
have difficulty envisioning you rough housing around, at the games, being all man! saw your other pix. you are an exquisite artist. and i believe you demonstrate your own point on the power and grace of this awakening in the amazing presentation you display.
all blessings on your growth and feminne graciousness, sister.
warmly,
jessie

victoriamwilliams1
04-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Here they are:

Girl mode:

Loves perfume, the attention, shopping, being less threating around people, dressing in an very professional business manner. I also understand what women mean when men talk to your chest and stare at your legs. I am also a very outgoing person and kind of a girlie girl. I enjoy the attention I get and I appreciate the respect tat for the mot part I get from some people.

Boy Mode:

No Cologne for me, very casual dress, I stay to myself and family, I hate shopping.

I also find that as a woman I think people treat me better and do not ask dumb questions like they do when I am in male mode. BTW FYI most tall people do not like the question "Do you play for (your local basket ball team)" as a male I hate that question however as the female version I rarely get that question.

Jennifer Marie P.
04-24-2008, 11:41 AM
Usally I'm in girl mode all the time and act and do girly stuff and if I'm in boy mode work on cars and do manly stuff

KimberlyS
04-24-2008, 02:33 PM
Hmm for me I'm still a guy.

Same for me. No matter how feminine I am dressed I just feel like my guy self. And my wife says I act like it also. But also in guy mode I am usually more feminine than the average joe.

ErikaLadyoftheDesert
04-24-2008, 03:13 PM
When I am Ed I love to watch sports, drink beer, listen to rock music and NEVER dance! My SO does say that I do sometimes exhibit some feminine traits and movements at times. I guess Erika is always just under the surface screaming to come out! :daydreaming:

tricia_uktv
04-24-2008, 03:40 PM
I think gradually, as my femme side is developing, it is becoming more prominant when I try to be my male self. A bit frightening really

Alex!
04-24-2008, 06:44 PM
I'm pretty much as ass in guy mode and a biatch in girl mode :)

SandyR
04-24-2008, 08:24 PM
My wife says even in guy mode I "check my nails, and cross my legs like a girl". Guess that part carries over. The boy loves football, watching wrestling (and yes it's real!) cars, running, working out, drinking beers after work.

But, nothing is so cool as a nice dress, heels, and looking at the lipstick marks on a glass of nice red wine while surfing ebay for some new heels....LOL, such a Girl!

Hugs!

SandyR

slamddoger
04-24-2008, 08:55 PM
mail mold i lik to play sport. in femail molid am like be bossie

ConnieLove
04-24-2008, 09:25 PM
In guy mode i have no fem traits.No one would ever think that this guy dresses in womens clothes,ever.But there WRONG,i'm all women went i dress to the tens.

veronica
04-24-2008, 10:25 PM
I'm the same. all male but when dressed i'm a real girly girl.:o

Mollyanne
04-25-2008, 02:23 AM
As for me, I prefer the feminine side but inorder to cover my track so to speak I "act" the male part. When I am dressed I really become the female that I was supposed to be.

:love: Mollyanne

Kristen Kelly
04-25-2008, 04:16 AM
I'm in girl mode most of the time no matter how I'm dressed, but I'm almost never dressed in completely "guy" mode, I have been told I am a feminine guy.

Katrina
04-25-2008, 05:11 AM
I'm me. Since I started blending my wardrobe daily (wearing fem-ish things in guy mode), I'm just me all the time. I used to try to be more macho to cover up the girly side underneath, but since I've accepted it, I'm more girly in guy mode. There is virtually no difference when I'm presenting as a female.

And for the record, I know many women that drink beer, and my SO likes baseball and football a whole lot more than I do.

CD Susan
05-08-2008, 05:03 AM
Two distinct modes for me. I like working on old cars but always worry about my nails.

Suzie S.
05-08-2008, 05:09 AM
I'm not overly masculine in male mode, or overly feminine in gal mode. I'm just me. I do drink beer and watch sports, and so does my wife! :heehee:

veronicagirl
05-08-2008, 06:50 AM
My biggest difference is..... as a guy, I'm your typical slob. Socks on the floor, dishes in the sink, piles of dirty laundry. When I dress as my version of a casual, typical housewife, I get all my cleaning, laundry, dusting, vacuuming etc done easily and I'm in a good mood doing it. I dress casual in capri jeans, girl sneakers and a girly tee. While cute, you just can't get as much done in heels.

brookalicious
05-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Definitely two different personas... I just don't feel girly enough unless I'm wearing feminine clothing. It kind of explodes out of me when that happens, although usually a glass of wine helps out alot. LOL
~b~

KimberlyS
05-08-2008, 12:07 PM
I am basically the same person in either mode. And my wife said so also without being asked. I am a mix of masculine and feminine in either mode. I am more relaxed while enfemme or male mode doing femme things. And I am more out going and fun loving in femme mode like I use to be. Male mode me is more quiet and shy from being beaten up a bit by life. So I guess you could say femme mode brings out the real me.

flacindycd
05-08-2008, 01:59 PM
I feel like I'm 2 different people in 1 body sometimes...I can be a guy and do guy things such as hunt, drag race ect.. then WHAMMO.... I turn into Cindy and become a refined gentle cuddly girl.... I find it mind boggling

Amanda0208
05-09-2008, 02:49 PM
I have always had some feminine tendencies and for 40 years tried to supress any female type behaviour. But as I have tranformed into Amanda, I have found a way for my feminine side to come out. To be quite honest, I like her better. So does my wife. Really though through the process, what i have really learned is that being open minded, listining with attentiveness and compassion and generally being nice are not female or male traits but those that need to be embraced by both sexes

Short answer. Amanda is a Girly Girl

Fab Karen
05-09-2008, 05:33 PM
I'm just me. I like colors. I like patterns. Football is slightly less boring than baseball. I have some stereotypically "male" aspects as well as "female" ones.

Joanne f
05-10-2008, 03:37 PM
I keep coming back to this one trying to find an answer, but i find myself saying " can`t a gg watch and play football and do all the sports that a male would/can do, as a male can do a lot of the sensitive things that a GG can do ,
maybe i am loosing my ability to distinguish the difference between the to .:doh:

joanne :o

Fred Hunter
05-30-2008, 10:48 AM
I'm in girl mode most of the time no matter how I'm dressed, but I'm almost never dressed in completely "guy" mode, I have been told I am a feminine guy.
Your so very cute

Tomara
05-30-2008, 11:29 AM
I have found a pretty good ballance between my male and female persona`s , But I do notice myself checking out female fashions , hair , styles , and womens shoes when I`m in male mode . I truely enjoy both sides of my personality:daydreaming: Tomara

cathie
05-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Just a daring prediction but I'm willing to bet that the majority responses will be split personalities come out. The majority will be fem in drag and when not, not fem.

Although....no matter what, when I'm cycling, running, playing soccer or climbing...I'm always aggressive. In pantyhose, panties or what ever. I'm too competitive not to be.

Sarasometimes
05-30-2008, 01:12 PM
I am just like you. although I can relate to what women say regardless of how I am dressed. My councellros says i am gender appropriate according to my mode. I have been told that I appear comfortabel with my masculinity.
Sarsometimes

boy2girl31
05-30-2008, 03:06 PM
To paraphrase what Jackie S said : 'In male mode, I like guy things, like video games, wood working, etc. But I still have my femme moments. When I look at women, I see their clothes first. When I walk by a store display window, I check out the outfits. There is a lot of Jen, that is always there, regardless of how testosterone filled the activity is.

On the other hand, in femme mode, pretty much all of Will is suppressed. I am more emotional, introspective and gentle.

There is one thing, though, that is reversed. I am more outgoing in femme mode then I am in male mode. I think this is due to my being more true to myself in femme mode than male mode, so I am more confident.'

I have yet to find a person who is "all guy or all girl" everyone has different sides to them. We as cd's just have it to a greater degree.

Sally24
05-30-2008, 06:43 PM
I've been pretty non manly (feminine?) all my life in guy mode. I've never been interested in football, hanging out with guys (I've always preferred the company of girls, even as a child), and I hate playing rough ... even with kids.
That's about the same as me. I'm a sensitive guy and I'm not afraid to cry at a chick flick. I'm active and outdoorsy but not much into team/competative sports. I usually gravitate to the "women's" corner at parties and family gatherings because that's where the fun converstations happen.

maid phylis
05-30-2008, 06:47 PM
when i am in boy mode i am always we:love:aring lingerie so i always feel feminine.:love:phylisanne

SweetCaroline
05-30-2008, 07:39 PM
I suppose I'm in the minority, in that I'm very effeminate in guy mode, even more so since coming out as Caroline. I have naturally long hair, wear bright colored Hawaiian shirts, and have very expressive hand gestures (think Cate Blanchet as Bob Dylan in "I'm Not There". That's basically me in guy mode). That and I'm an artist--a painter--, and I like poetry, and not into typical guy things. Minor sports fan. Never been hunting. Not into cars or power tools.

The funny thing is almost no one I know thinks of me as being "gay" or I feel suspects me of being a cross-dresser.

Here's me at my most masculine. I still think I look more like a chick pretending to be a guy tho...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/Petrostone/PeteatTheSheratonSM-1.jpg

kym
05-30-2008, 07:40 PM
I'm the same 'ol me either way!
same here, kym is part of who i am so its kinda the best of both worlds for me

ReginaS
05-31-2008, 12:13 AM
I man up and act like an uncaring unemotional beer drinking jock asshole sometimes around certain people when I am in guy mode but mostly I am the same sweet girl in guy or girl mode

Maria888
05-31-2008, 03:10 AM
I think I have some definite feminine traits while in guy mode. Now that I wear panties 24/7 the line between fem and male mode is a lot more blurred, though I think I've always felt like there isn't that much split between the two sides.

jenalex
05-31-2008, 04:14 AM
I'm me. Since I started blending my wardrobe daily (wearing fem-ish things in guy mode), I'm just me all the time.

yes, me too :happy:

I've always wanted to integrate rather than switch from one to the other. I guess it depends whether you're bi-gendered or uni-gendered.

LisaSae
05-31-2008, 06:23 AM
I'm kinda a mix. When in boy mode I'm 75% boy 25% girl. I'm chatty and not such a tough guy (but certainly confident and assertive just not willing to "throw down" and argue like I wanna be the alpha male) . When I'm dressed I'd say definitely feminine, not sure how much percentage-wise but definitely feminine, with just a small dash of boy in me too of course!:)