PDA

View Full Version : Great and bad day

Jeremie
04-19-2008, 11:36 PM
Today my GF and I went out shopping. I have never been dressed in public and am not sure I'm ready for that. We stopped at a couple of thrift stores. We didn't have any luck though.

Then the day got better. Hit TJ Max and Ross's. I found a black skirt for $5 and two black dresses for $10 each. How great is that?

Then the day got bad again... When we got home I tried it all on, but they are too small. One of the two dresses does fit, but it is very tight. I know GG's tend to wear tight cloths and I'm still trying to adjust to that. It is very different from the baggy jeans and loose t-shirts I'm used to.... he he he

Erica Lauren James
04-20-2008, 05:45 AM
Don't worry about it!! But once you go "tight" you will never go back!!

Most of my clothes fit tight or are very snug fitting. A nice snug/tight skirt or a pair of ladies jeans fit and feel just amazing!!

I love the feel and fit I only wear ladies jeans.

But hey if GG can wear them and show off their "assets" then so can I!! I haven't owned a pair of guy jeans in years!!

Erica

Annie D
04-20-2008, 06:10 AM
If you haven't cut out the tags and you still have the receipt, take them back to where you made your purchase. Both of the stores you mentioned will take the dresses and the skirt back and you will have saved some closet space for something that you can wear when you get brave enough to go out in public.

Be brave! Next time, try on your purchases before you buy. I know from experience that you can try on dresses and skirts at Ross when in drab in the men's dressing room and this could be your first step in going out enfemme.

The excitement of finding a bargain quickly disappears if you can't wear it and show it off. Good luck!

Angie G
04-20-2008, 06:19 AM
I hate when that happens. :hugs:
Angie

Sinthia
04-20-2008, 11:00 AM

Be brave! Next time, try on your purchases before you buy. I know from experience that you can try on dresses and skirts at Ross when in drab in the men's dressing room and this could be your first step in going out enfemme.

!

Last weekend I picked up a skirt by the hanger and headed off to the fitting room. The SA asked how many pieces, and I held the skirt up and said 'one'. She said to don't leave it in there, bring it to her. When I came out she asked for it, and I said that I was keeping it. You should have seen the smile on her face. Priceless!!!

TGMarla
04-20-2008, 11:09 AM
The first rule of crossdressing: (or maybe the second or third....anyway....)

Know thy size before spending thy money!

I've spend some dough on stuff that doesn't fit. I just tell myself that it's the cost incurred in learning my sizes. And it's always going to be hit or miss if I don't have the opportunity to try it on before buying. The best you can do is educate yourself to your measurements, and hope the person doing the selling has done his or her measuring correctly. I also ask questions about shoulder width and sleeve length. It helps.

The situation is further complicated in that women have changed exactly what is a size 10. A size 10 vintage is a heck of a lot smaller than a present-day size 10. I'm guessing this is to make women feel better about themselves. "Look! I fit into a size 10!" Never mind that she still can't fit into her size 10 wedding dress she wore 15 years ago. Kind of humorous, really!

Kayla Shadows
04-20-2008, 11:16 AM
I hear ya Jeremie.I guess its trial and error right now.Finding the correct sizes and what styles look the best.Its fun though.Buying anything pricey we just have to make sure the store exchanges.

Jeremie
04-20-2008, 05:31 PM
I'll be able to take all three back without any issues. The dress I really liked was a 12 along with the skirt. It fits everywhere but right below the top of the zipper. Guess that is due to a male frame huh :). the funny thing is I can zip the skirt all the way, but I find it unsightly tight and need to do some sit ups if you catch my drift.

As for the size 14 dress. I've put on and off a few times and I guess as with all fabric it has stretched a tiny bit. I can zip it fully even though it is not an easy zip. Takes a little work.
If I had a good camera I would take a few pictures. Both are pretty hot. As is the camera phone just won't do them justice.

Oh... and for being brave and just trying them on... I think I would faint and I know my GF would. We just are not "there" yet LOL (Not to say I don't day dream of it though)

Jennifer Marie P.
04-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Take them back if it is to tight and next time you go shopping for clothes go enfemme and try it on in the fitting room or just know your size