PDA

View Full Version : Dressing for fun!!

Deborah Jane
04-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Does anyone else get fed up trying to look passable and dress just for the fun of it?
Just lately trying [and failing] to look good enough to pass has been stressing me out to the point where i nearly gave this up.
Today my daughter gave me a pink wig and this evening i,ve dressed OTT purely for the fun of it!!
This evening I look OTT but i,m happy!!:D
Does anyone else dress purely for fun?

Shelly Preston
04-20-2008, 04:38 PM
Dont be silly Debs

Thats you fancy dress party outfit :D

deja true
04-20-2008, 04:43 PM
This pink wig thing is spreading!

First Sheena, then DD, now you!

Have you no sense of shame, girl???

No self respecting "woman of a certain age" has pink hair!!!

Purple is the color! Maybe Blue! But pink?

Tsk, tsk!

deja

(Where's the pictures, bitch?)

Julie York
04-20-2008, 04:52 PM
It works if you wear red.

Deborah Jane
04-20-2008, 04:54 PM
It works if you wear red.

I,m wearing pink opaque tights, does that count?:D

deja true
04-20-2008, 05:02 PM
Oh, Lordy!

Next thing you know it'll be tutus.....

Deborah Jane
04-20-2008, 05:04 PM
Oh, Lordy!

Nah,,Black PVC hot pants:D

Sinthia
04-20-2008, 05:09 PM
I never try to pass, or wear wigs and makeup. But I do enjoy the dressing that I do. I feel that it is more a mental thing than fully physical. So I don my panties, bra, short skirt or dress, and enjoy life. As long as I am happy, that is what counts.

Tammy298
04-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Nah,,Black PVC hot pants:D

Sounds nice and trashy! I haven't done the black PVC thing since we moved last fall. Gonna have to get the nice tight little dress out I have and see if it still fits! (I've been off my diet for a while and the clothes are a bit too tight!:heehee:)

carolinewalker_2000
04-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Go for it; "fun" or "passing"; at the end of the day, does it matter? Whatever you are comfortable with.

Tammy298
04-20-2008, 05:13 PM
I never try to pass, or wear wigs and makeup. But I do enjoy the dressing that I do. I feel that it is more a mental thing than fully physical. So I don my panties, bra, short skirt or dress, and enjoy life. As long as I am happy, that is what counts.

I don't have a wig (yet!) and don't even try the makeup thing. I could never pass. I am starting to look at forms now, so maybe it's a step in the "all dressed" direct:D

Julie York
04-20-2008, 05:14 PM
A pink wig and red dress....Now you're cooking.

lol

PVC hot pants?

Your poor little spuds will be par boiled.

Rachel Morley
04-20-2008, 05:18 PM
It's great fun to dress "just for fun". In the house I wear tons of stuff that isn't appropriate if a person is trying to pass or blend in. Marla and I sometimes also go to fetish nights at clubs too .... the sky's the limit there, in terms of "dressing for fun" ... no matter what you look like, good or bad! :D

LilSissyStevie
04-20-2008, 05:23 PM
I ALWAYS dress just for the fun of it since passing is neither a concern nor an option for me.

Amy Hepker
04-20-2008, 05:25 PM
I just love dressing all the time.

Dragster
04-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Since I'm still in the closet, the only thing I dress for is FUN. And since I love high, tight and short, I'll let your imagination work out what I usually wear!

Tony

az_azeel
04-20-2008, 06:35 PM
dressing for fun is always an escape... take the rocky horror show... you go and watch that you feel out of place if you do not don a basque and stockings...you go with whatever the mood takes you debs... fun or passable... who gives a shit... just enjoy..:hugs:

docrobbysherry
04-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Oh, Lordy!

What'll it be? The pink, green, white or stiped tutu? They have the ballerina skirts already attached!

Jilmac
04-20-2008, 09:46 PM
Up until a couple months ago I wasn't passable because I wore a full beard that I started in 1971 and never shaved it off. I guess all that time I was dressing for fun but also never took a chance on going out. My beard is gone now but I'm still not very passable, (or maybe I can pass as an ugly old broad). Anyhoo, I consider all the dressing I do to be for fun, and if perchance I pass in public that's a :thumbsup: for me. Luv and :hugs: Jill

Celeste
04-20-2008, 11:05 PM
I do,some evenings I'll just put on nightclothes and forms about an hour before bed and then sleep that way.It feels pretty good and the thought of passing isn't there.

iwearstockings
04-21-2008, 07:49 AM
Sometimes I dress up in as many items of underwear as I can until I can hardly move! I get a thrill from wearing 20 pairs of knickers at the same time, from my thighs to my ankles:heehee: Of course that does make making a cup of tea a little difficult..

Patty
04-21-2008, 08:13 AM
I dress for fun -wig or no wig -makeup or no makeup - I always enjoy myself so I guess you would call that fun. :)

ConnieLove
04-22-2008, 10:43 PM
I dress for fun all the time,thats what crossdressing is all about,fun and pleasure

heterocd
04-22-2008, 10:53 PM
well passing isn't really achievavble for me. but i surely will do my best to look good, and for me that takes a lot of effort. I have invested a small fortune in clothes so as to have nice things that fit well and look good

immike
05-04-2008, 06:46 AM
Does anyone else get fed up trying to look passable and dress just for the fun of it?
Just lately trying [and failing] to look good enough to pass has been stressing me out to the point where i nearly gave this up.
Today my daughter gave me a pink wig and this evening i,ve dressed OTT purely for the fun of it!!
I dress strictly for fun,in total secrecy of my own home.I have a basic wardrobe,but I
get a rush when I sneak into my mothers closet&dress in many of her good outfits,especially her good silk blouses&her short skirtsuits&pantsuits.Many times I also
borrow a pair of her heels.One day I nearly was caught,dressed in one of her skirtsuits&
doing make-up and hair,at her make-up table&I also took a fresh package of pantyhose
out of her drawer,as well

Joan Lea
05-04-2008, 07:05 AM
Deborah Jane

From your pics you certaintly look passable to me.

I dress strickly for fun.

But would love to be passable. On a scale from runway model to fish monger's wife I tend to be the fish monger's wife, but with better clothes.

Joan Lea

Emily Anderson
05-04-2008, 07:41 AM
I am totally not passable, so I only dress up at home, and it's always fun!

Most of the time (99%) I don't bother with wigs and makeup etc. because I like the clothing, and so long as I don't look in the mirror I can "feel" like I'm a girl.

A few years ago, with a LOT of effort and in semi-darkness, from a long distance, and by squinting, I managed to ressemble a woman from certain angles :)

If I had a chance in hell of looking like a real girl, I might want to venture out, but honestly I've never really felt the need to do so (even though I have been out a few times to CD clubs).

I'm quite comfortable dressing up in the confines of my own home, although somewhat disappointed that I cannot achieve the "look".

Raychel
05-04-2008, 07:51 AM
If it wasn't for fun why would you bother to dress. I am not passable, So that is all that it is about for me.

Melissa Cross
05-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Most times when I dress I dress to blend in and try to pass. When I'm staying home and dressing, I sometimes go a little crazy with clothes and makeup just for fun and not worry about how I look. It's a nice mix.

The best feeling though for me is being out and blending in, as much as I can, as one of the girls.

Melissa

TGMarla
05-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Yes. Fun and relaxation. There is never a time when I think I could just waltz out of my house, and have the rest of the world mistake me for a real woman, but again, there are days when I have "guy in a dress" syndrome, too. I always like it when my makeup looks just right, and there is a certain feminine radiance I see in my face, but sometimes you just can't make the silk purse from the sow's ear. When those times arrive, I just dress up anyway, just for the pleasure of being dressed, and try to ignore the fact that I just don't look real good at the time. Oh well. I'm not trying to impress anyone but myself anyway, I guess.

lauraabdl
05-04-2008, 10:47 AM
I really enjoy dressing up whether or not I can achive a passable look. Well with a mustach I dont think I can fully pass but I really enjoy getting dressed and the makeup thing is very new to me but I try real hard. I guess what I am trying to say is if you are happy in how you feel what does it matter deep down inside you self you are happy and really thats all that matters in the end.
Love Laura

victoriamwilliams1
05-04-2008, 03:04 PM
At times yes and when that happens for me I look at the photos and see I looked more fem than I thought.

Janet Nicola
05-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Deborah Jane honey, I completely agree. It's hard work getting ready to go out (and were all so self critical about how we look), so sometimes if i'm in the house for the day, it's just about wearing a skirt.

Janet Nicola

sherell
05-04-2008, 04:57 PM
most of us cant pass but still enjoy dressing

Janice1948
05-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Girl, you are being to hard on yourself. I dress completely (you know, wig, makeup, jewelry, perfume etc) once a week, but the rest of the week lord knows what feminine attire I will have on. I go from just panties to the whole magilla and everywhere's in between and always, always enjoy dressing and wearing whatever it may be. I have gotten up some mornings and just put lipstick on before I had my coffee and that was it for the day. I do hope I never loose that feeling.

I hope you get over that feeling. Dressing is heavenly even if its just panties.

Hugs, Janice

Janet Nicola
05-04-2008, 07:20 PM
I'm with you Deborah, there are times when I'm not going out that it's just about being able to wear a skirt.

Janet Nicola

RitaCD
05-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Every day after work. I get home and get on some girl jeans or shorts and a cute top, sometimes a wig but not always. Then it's just relax, read, watch tv or get on the computer. Sometimes fix dinner depending on what all I have eaten that day. Then a shower and into my nightie and off to dreamland. Only on weekends do I even think about makeup and passing. This weekend was all about cleaning house and the pool since I was out of town all week.

Drucilla
05-04-2008, 11:23 PM
When you stop dressing for the fun of it , it's time to stop all together !! If it's not fun, why bother ?????

CD Susan
05-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Yes, it is all about having fun and not about achieving the complete and passable look. Most of the time I will just put on some jeans or shorts and a nice top and not even bother with a wig and makeup. Just relaxing around the house alone can be the most fun when not dressed completely.

Apaulo
05-05-2008, 12:42 AM
Yes, it is all about having fun and not about achieving the complete and passable look. Most of the time I will just put on some jeans or shorts and a nice top and not even bother with a wig and makeup. Just relaxing around the house alone can be the most fun when not dressed completely.

Agreed, I couldn't pass even if I wanted to. I'm way to tall and have super broad shoulders. I'm a guy, I don't try to deny, I don't try to hide it. I just dress, have fun and enjoy the feeling.

LoriTG
05-05-2008, 12:58 AM
What does "OTT" mean?

jessielee
05-05-2008, 01:17 AM
how fun! outlandish, exaggerated, absurd! like dressing in junior high school on dress up day - it was meant to be unrealistic! and a secret thrill.
how i yearn for the day of casual, functional dressing, for how it feels and for comfort. if it could be, that my children would be unsurprised by me in femme clothes, day to day, without being made up,
would be a dream.
till then, a lark may express more truth than our most earnest fronts.
keep on having such fun, sis!
would love to join you.
jessie

Deborah Jane
05-05-2008, 04:30 AM
I,m glad i,m not the only one who enjoys the sheer fun this can be.
Sometimes, when going out, i try my best to look passable, but most of the time i tend to prefer going for a "fun look"..
I,ll try most "looks" just for the fun of it and love experimenting with differant wigs, makeup styles, etc.
Among the fun looks i,ve tried recently are..
****ty [of course],
1950s [think Sandy in Grease...Both looks!!]
Secretary,
Bunny girl
French maid...
The list goes on...But the thing is, although i could never go out in any of those outfits and looks, i really had FUN doing them!!!:D:D

What does "OTT" mean?

Hi Lori..."OTT" means "Over The Top"...Just completely over doing things!!!