PDA

View Full Version : Girl's Night Out- Not

Nikki A.
04-21-2008, 07:59 AM
I've wrote before that I've come out to a co-worker of mine. She has been very accepting of me and understanding. She was setting up a girl's night out for this past Saturday night after work with some of her friends. I kidded her that I want to go too. She says why not. At first I said no (nervous) and besides I had nowhere to change. She says I could use one of her friends houses and nobody would mind and you need it. Well I said OK, actually started to really look forward to it. Well, Friday night her husband gets into an accident on his way home (he's ok although the airbags left him bruised and swollen). Saturday AM she says it's still on and she'll call me later with the time and place to meet. No phone call, I was so disapointed, but I do understand why. I didn't want to call her, after all I don't want her husband to think that I'm cheating with his wife. I did call after I got off from work on Friday to make sure she got him and to see if they needed a hand with anything.
Long story short, I unpacked my bag and hope that this opportunity comes up again soon. Before joining this group I would have never thought about telling her and there would be no way that I would even consider going to a club that was not gay oriented(ala Rainbow Mountain).

shalini_ukunge
04-21-2008, 08:10 AM
Telling your co-worker is a start, her inviting you for a girls night out is super. Not working out this time is a setback, totally out of your control. I am sure, a similar opportunity will come up again.

One tip though, I think her husband shound know what the both of you are up to, lest he thinks something untoward is going on.

Shalini

Sally2005
04-21-2008, 11:47 AM
Sometimes I'm a social idiot, but I've learned on thing. When the vibe is going in the wrong direction it is best to call it off and wait or make different plans. I would say your friend has a lot on her mind now taking care of her husband instead of going out to party. The problem you face is the tables have turned from her supporting you to you having to support her. Good luck. Too bad, it sounded like it would have been a fantasy come true for a lot of us.

KandisTX
04-21-2008, 12:37 PM
So, this time it didn't work out, next time it will :) However I must also advise that you meet her husband and he be advised of the situation so he does not think there is anything untoward going on between you and his wife.

Kandis:love::rose2:

jules3367
04-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Whilst im jealous of such an oppurtunity, i would also advise caution and a brief disussion with your colleagues husband to 'lay the ground rules'

Sorry but on a un-related note - I love your profile quote - god i wish i had thought of something cool like that :-)

So, this time it didn't work out, next time it will :) However I must also advise that you meet her husband and he be advised of the situation so he does not think there is anything untoward going on between you and his wife.

Kandis:love::rose2:

Autumndawn
04-21-2008, 02:31 PM
I think Sally made a couple of really good points, and usually about 20 to 24 hours after an auto accident is typically when you feel your worse. It's also when you come off the adrenaline rush. AND.. there had to be quite an Adrenaline rush getting slapped with air bags!

SherriePall
04-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Just take it slowly. Her husband may have found out and, even though nothing is going on, he may not be comfortable with the idea of her going out with a CDer -- even in a group of women.
I do hope that all works out for you.

Nikki A.
04-21-2008, 07:38 PM
I am friendly with her husband. We do talk when he stops in and I'm a bit too old for his wife. He knows that we go to lunch together, she calls him and lets him know. I do support her and would never do anything to hurt their marriage. He knows that I take his side when they spat and we get along.
I've been thinking of letting her tell him if she thinks that she has to already.