PDA

View Full Version : WOW! What a weekend!!!!

KandisTX
04-21-2008, 08:36 AM
Where do I begin this posting? That truly is the question that I have to ask myself. I guess it is best for me to start at the beginning (well close to it anyway). As many of you know, my 12 year old daughter knows about my dressing and there was quite a lot of doubt as to whether or not we would ever tell her 14 year old brother. The reason for this is we were not sure of what the boys reaction would be based on his being medicated for being a high functioning autistic. Now, the boy is not stupid, his brain is just much more active than most people.

ANYWAY, my darling wife and I took our wonderful daughter shopping yesterday as the poor girl had outgrown her bras and needed some new ones. (12 years old, wears a 36C ~sigh~), anyway, I digress.. We came home from the store (I got new panties by the way), and their father (whom lives with us along with the son in question) comes to me and says “Let’s go outside and talk for a few”. I say, “Okay”. We get outside and I ask what’s up and he says “I want to tell B***** about Kandis”. I respond with “????” He says that he thinks the boy will be okay with it and it will help alleviate some of the stress I have been dealing with as I am not able to be myself around the house and if we tell him it should be okay. Well, obviously part of me wants to go “YES!YES!YES!”, but the SMART part of me says “We need to bring GlitterGG (yes, my wife is on this forum), into the conversation as it is not just his and my decision.”.

Long story short, wife agrees and we sit the boy down and tell him. His response “Eh.. I thought you were going to tell me something weird.”

So, now I am out to the WHOLE family in our home and can be myself and comfortable. I was quite skeptical but he appears to be taking it quite well and did not seem to have any issues last night with what I was wearing (jeans, over pantyhose and a body briefer). I am sure there will be more to this story as it continues developing, but I am floating on :c9: right now. Thanks for listening ladies.

Kandis:love::rose2:

Erica Lauren James
04-21-2008, 08:46 AM
That's Awesome Kandis!!! Having the kids know is the best way as most already suspect it anyway.

Both of my kids know and I just got back from taking them to school totally enfemme!!!

I love it and it feels great!!!

Enjoy your new found ability to be yourself!!

Erica

Sandra
04-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Glad it worked out well for you. I'm not surprised at the reply your lad gave. Nigella works with autistic youngsters and none of them are bothered about her they just accept her.

KandisTX
04-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Sandra,

Thank you for your comments. While the boy does have some issues with his abilities, he is quite brilliant. Yes, I know that all parents say that about thier children, but in his case it is more like this; If you give him a test that is on a subject he just doesn't feel like taking at that moment he will fail it. But if you give him the same test later that day or a day or two later and he is "into" that topic at the time, he will ace the test.

I do what I can to work with him and try to get him to understand he does not have to automatically assume he is in trouble (as he often was treated by his ex-stepmother) everytime we call his name, he still has some apprehension about things and assumes the worst. We are all working with him and hopefully this will allow him to understand that we are not a family that does not communicate openly about subjects. We want the children to ask questions. If they are old enough to ask a serious question without the giggles, they are (or should be) old enough to hear the truthful honest answer.

docrobbysherry
04-21-2008, 09:49 AM
I love happy endings.
However, as a closet dresser, I don't feel the need to burden my 13 y/o daughter with Sherry. She has plenty of weirdness in her life already! I don't think she would want to know, anyway.

Roberta Llyan
04-21-2008, 09:54 AM
We want the children to ask questions. If they are old enough to ask a serious question without the giggles, they are (or should be) old enough to hear the truthful honest answer.

Very True. More parents need to realize this too.

KandisTX
04-21-2008, 10:05 AM
I love happy endings.
However, as a closet dresser, I don't feel the need to burden my 13 y/o daughter with Sherry. She has plenty of weirdness in her life already! I don't think she would want to know, anyway.

I can understand this idea, and would probably be in the same boat as you if I were still "in the closet". We must each determine what our comfort level is with our dressing and make our choices to "out" ourselves based on that. In my case, my family all knows about it now and that in itself will help alleviate some of the stress and tension we have been experiencing of late.