PDA

View Full Version : Dull?

Stephanie Kay
04-22-2008, 02:26 PM
Hi, Girls,

When I told my son (in his mid-20's) that I was TG and enjoyed wearing women's clothes, he gave me a big smile and told me that he had always thought I was a pretty ordinary Dad, nice guy, OK, but kinda dull!! He's a Generation X-er and an artist and is kind of an extreme type guy! Now he's changed his mind! He told me he thinks I am really cool and enjoys hanging with me when I am Stephanie. He likes to introduce me to his friends! No shame, no guilt. He's proud of me!! He and my daughter-in-law totally accept me and we enjoy going out together. Isn't that cool!!??

He's 100% right, CDing is not DULL!!! :yahoo:

Love,
Stephanie

Chloe' Buffington
04-22-2008, 03:14 PM
I always thought it took a special kind of man to wear a dress. Never dull... I am happy that you can have this type of relationship with your son. I never had kids and now at this stage of my life it's realy too late, but of my 7 step children 2 know about Chloe', the boy (36) thinks I'm nuts and won't speek to me, and the girl (17) thinks it's cool and has on one occasion gone shopping with me (in drab) for a gown for an upcomming pagent. Crossdressers seem to me to be more interesting than the average male. YEA US.

joann07
04-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Good for you.
That is really cool that your son and daughter-in-law accepts your dressing.
Maybe you should dress more often, if you haven't been doing it already.

Hugs!

uknowhoo
04-22-2008, 03:25 PM
that's too cool, Stephanie!! :thumbsup::hugs:

Kayla Shadows
04-22-2008, 06:42 PM
That is really cool!What great people they are.And I agree,I dont find crossdressing dull at all.Thats awesome Stephanie!

gennee
04-22-2008, 07:45 PM
That's cool that your son accepts your dressing Mine does too. CDing dull? Not a chance. I'm having the best time of my life.

Gennee

:cool:

sandra-leigh
04-22-2008, 08:07 PM
When I told my son (in his mid-20's) that I was TG and enjoyed wearing women's clothes, he gave me a big smile and told me that he had always thought I was a pretty ordinary Dad, nice guy, OK, but kinda dull!!

My friends Back Home think I'm a nice guy but unexciting, in the "nothing interesting ever happens to him" sort of way. Along the lines of visiting them after (say) 3 years, and having them ask "What's new in your life?" and me saying, "Not much. Pretty much the same as before." I'm the "Doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, doesn't take drugs, doesn't drive a cool car, doesn't play computer games, didn't take any interesting trips, didn't take up any instruments" guy. The guy nothing much ever happens to.

I think they'd be rather surprised that I've taken up cross-dressing :D

(Some days I'm tempted to tell them just to get a reaction. Unfortunately it would be too weird for one of them to accept... he's a touch homophobic and probably wouldn't be able to distinguish the ideas.)

Jilmac
04-22-2008, 08:41 PM
Steph, you are such a lucky girl to have a son and daughter in law who love you just the way you are. And you're right, dressing is by no means dull, It's as exciting as an amusement park ride. Luv and :hugs: Jill:

sterling12
04-22-2008, 09:26 PM
OK, so does "liberal" and "artistic" = accepting in most cases? This would be intriguing to know. Might give us a little better handle on whom to tell and when.

By the way, cool that your son is so positive. Just goes to show what CAN happen. No doubt we will get a counter-balancing reply to this case....The son goes ballistic, no one is talking to anyone, the family is in shreds. I reckon you can consider yourself very lucky in this situation.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Di
04-22-2008, 09:41 PM
Very cool!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

shannonsilk
04-23-2008, 02:13 PM
I'm glad to hear you have people to share your cd'ing with. Does it help that you live in Madison? It' s a more open-minded town than most.
That must be a real change to have your son all of a sudden think you're interesting!

kristen6
04-23-2008, 03:19 PM
that is great i wish i had that kind of courage.

maybe with a little more time here i can do the same .